test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So I noticed that some Delzoun Explorer guilds switched over to the Luskan Corsairs

arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PvE Discussion
My guildies and I noticed that several Delzoun guilds have switched sides to Luskan, probably so they could get into Gauntlgrym PvP and earn that extra Seal of Triumph. As a result, the overall battle for Gauntlgrym has been more balanced lately, with scores being closer to a 50/50 split. In fact, just the other day, the Luskans actually won and got access to the Dwarf King's Crypt; unfortunately, I didn't do Phase 1, so I was unable to queue for it.

To sum it up, we Luskans have a better fighting chance at actually winning, so there's more motivation for us to queue up for Gauntlgrym PvP. I must say that adding the Seal of Triumph to the Gauntlgrym Daily PvP quest is a brilliant idea, if it was intended that way by the developers. Either way, it makes for a better playing experience.

What do you think?
Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
Post edited by arontimes on

Comments

• vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think its a terrible idea since the Delzouns basically have to que up before the que appears to get into PvP.
    So before the "factions" are balanced, getting the daily seals of triumph from GG is a baad idea.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree. Simple, effective, it's brilliant. If you want two Seals per day, go Luskan. Good for those who set up account guilds aligned with both factions so you can switch between DK and glory grind.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not sure if the Devs intended this to happen, but either way it seems to have worked out for the best....
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Whether intended or not, it does finally give some incentive for the sides to balance out... and stay balanced because if you can't queue in, then you can't get that token.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Your Welcome OP, Synergy and several other guilds have switched. I personally paid the AD to swap our guild over and we have about 3-4 groups for almost all the GGs...

We are trying to get a few more because were still right behind Delz as far as overall wins if 1-2 more guilds swapped over with us, I think youll start seeing Luskan ontop alot more often than Delz...

They just fixed the BOP drops to BOE again so REALLY hoping more players swap over...
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Good for them, and it's about time. I switched to a Luskan guild a week of 2 ago so I could get into PVP, only one of the 6-7 matches I have been in ended up with the spawn camping nonsense people have been complaining about here, and we've been winning more than losing in the matches I've been in. Only won the event outright once though because of so many Delzoun doing PVE. Last night I was in one that was particularly fun, lots of big fights and not so much horse racing, the match lasted the entire 29 minutes and ended up about 2600-2300 I think.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    This is exactly what I would said would happen in response to people crying about the 750k fee to change alliances.

Eventually, it all balances out. The period it takes to do so depends on the IQ of the Neverwinter population.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What so the pvp guilds are going to luskan so they can get their pug stomp in now that its happening less in domination? That's funny.
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What's funny is thinking the Delzoun are all pugs now just because a couple of guilds switched....
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah I guess the neverwinter pvp community is really big and clans like eoa and synergy moving will only have a negligible effect, oh wait. And I don't recall saying "all" its about on average obviously.
    edited March 2014
    Yeah I guess the neverwinter pvp community is really big and clans like eoa and synergy moving will only have a negligible effect, oh wait. And I don't recall saying "all" its about on average obviously.

A lot of the new players are casuals coming from steam so while there are a lot of players, the amount of clans in neverwinter is diminishing
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well today we managed to get a significant Synergy players in GG and we got a nice match vs mostly EoA.

Yet, even with full PvP backup, our Luskan pugs still felt that AFKing is better.

GG guys...

Now all we need is to be able to queue 20 men. It's intolerable that you AFK even when you have what it's needed to win.
  • mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is a step in the right direction. However, if too many people take the same steps, it will effectively reverse the entire setup. If the debs really care to fix it, they should open more pvp instances now, before it's too late.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mvffin1 wrote: »
    However, if too many people take the same steps, it will effectively reverse the entire setup.

Unless/until everyone stops needing those seals, it would be a self-correcting issue.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think one problem is that DK is the second/third legit AD farm behind CN and next to ToS. So we basically have the same problems as with Domination: PVE players that don't care about PVP, but need to go through it to get what they want. Those will always join the winning side.
    Right now people are switching to get more Seals, not because they like a challenge.
  • tryglitrygli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Now that pvp items aren't bound anymore, a lot of delzoun that were still thinking about changing to luskan will stay delzoun. Let's hope some pvp guilds still make the switch so luskans can actually win. I was a bit surprised to see that luskans lose most pvp's even though they can always get in, and delzoun barely get in at all. You would say luskan's have had a lot more practise :p
    edited March 2014
    trygli wrote: »
    Now that pvp items aren't bound anymore, a lot of delzoun that were still thinking about changing to luskan will stay delzoun. Let's hope some pvp guilds still make the switch so luskans can actually win. I was a bit surprised to see that luskans lose most pvp's even though they can always get in, and delzoun barely get in at all. You would say luskan's have had a lot more practise :p

Apparently, Luskans are winning some of the matches now, maybe the switch to Luskan will be permanent......
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am considering switching as well. Our guild doesn't really run dwarf king, so no harm, no foul.
  • lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A lot of guilds already did switch to luskan. However, it is up to the former luskans to stop having that losing mentality. When I was on Luskan side people would try to lose 'faster" so they could get more pvp's in and fight off the point. I think the fact that they have this mentality is the main reason they lose so often
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    lazuree wrote: »
    A lot of guilds already did switch to luskan. However, it is up to the former luskans to stop having that losing mentality. When I was on Luskan side people would try to lose 'faster" so they could get more pvp's in and fight off the point. I think the fact that they have this mentality is the main reason they lose so often

All I know is former luskans can't PVP, they just can't, it has little to do with mentality... the amount of skill they demonstrate are absolute awful while they being horribly undergeared.

It is still hard for luskans to win unless they have 2 guild teams at the same instance, and I do mean geared/skilled pvp guild team not just a team :P
  • talonblade1talonblade1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey I cant figure out how to switch from delzoun to luskan which npc is it?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I switched my cleric to luskans soon after the pvp changes to get more seals of triumph, and gods, the original luskans are bad. I play a pvorpal/emblem cleric and i could help an average delzoun team to win a 5 vs 10 encounter. But with luskans? I have to bring 4 friends to stop the delzoun trains and buy some time so that the other luskans derping on the map can cap the rest of the nodes.
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I switched my cleric to luskans soon after the pvp changes to get more seals of triumph, and gods, the original luskans are bad. I play a pvorpal/emblem cleric and i could help an average delzoun team to win a 5 vs 10 encounter. But with luskans? I have to bring 4 friends to stop the delzoun trains and buy some time so that the other luskans derping on the map can cap the rest of the nodes.

Most Luskans are below pug level in mentality and PvP behavior and not even the switch of the most famous PvP guilds helped. Me&my guild passionately hate the AFKers and "let's lose faster so we can play twice" people. "derping" is the most appropriate word that describes exactly what the Luskan pugs do in GG.
  • dragmoshdragmosh Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Most Luskans are below pug level in mentality and PvP behavior and not even the switch of the most famous PvP guilds helped. Me&my guild passionately hate the AFKers and "let's lose faster so we can play twice" people. "derping" is the most appropriate word that describes exactly what the Luskan pugs do in GG.

If only we could have open queue 20v20s in the GG map instead of Delzoun vs Luskans. Imagine the fun premades could have in that setting. And with 4 people per node, that'd change a big part of the pvp meta currently. Who knows, maybe CWs would be overpowered.
    edited April 2014
    dragmosh wrote: »
    If only we could have open queue 20v20s in the GG map instead of Delzoun vs Luskans. Imagine the fun premades could have in that setting. And with 4 people per node, that'd change a big part of the pvp meta currently. Who knows, maybe CWs would be overpowered.

I agree. In a 20vs20 pvp mode, CW's liability and handicaps are somewhat shadowed and their AOE potential is put into better use
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's great being on the Luskan side! Not only do we always get queue, but we can queue up together. Our record is 19/20 EOA in GG PVP!

That's one lucky pug, I tell you!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was once delzoun, but i swapped to luskan too for more seals. In some matches, i was able to turn the tide of battle by tanking against 10 or more clueless delzouns running around me. However, i will still die very soon, at least every time i can delay one of their node for 15 seconds with my immunities, after i respawn, i do the same thing again, if the entire 20 luskan isn't too bad, and the delzoun isn't too strong, we can win the game bit by bit as a luskan.
  • glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    cmon please the whole map is flawed to begin with.

1) you have 4 groups of 5 man teams that can only talk to each other through world chat. There is no team chat channel.

2) the mini map shows too little information - its just ants running around on screen.

3) There are no map mechanics that make up for the differences in gear between players.

4) in the past 9 months, most of the stronger players were on one side. That's a long time to grind up more gear.

5) I hear of a 5 to 1 player ratio - nuff said on that.

6) the mentality of getting in , getting your ad, and getting out is what happens when poor game mechanics take hold for too long. The map is flawed people. Game developpers are aware of it. plz, make any change to it just change it.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All I know is former luskans can't PVP, they just can't, it has little to do with mentality... the amount of skill they demonstrate are absolute awful while they being horribly undergeared.

It is still hard for luskans to win unless they have 2 guild teams at the same instance, and I do mean geared/skilled pvp guild team not just a team :P

GG is nothing but a zerg fest. there is no skill involved at all. Run in circles until you meet a force, it is either bigger than yours and you get rofl stomped or the opposite happens. More than half the time two groups will just run past each other and not even fight. Anyone who thinks GG is pvp should be ashamed they consider themselves pvp players. It's the single worst mass scale pvp i have ever played.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    skalt112 wrote: »
    GG is nothing but a zerg fest. there is no skill involved at all. Run in circles until you meet a force, it is either bigger than yours and you get rofl stomped or the opposite happens. More than half the time two groups will just run past each other and not even fight. Anyone who thinks GG is pvp should be ashamed they consider themselves pvp players. It's the single worst mass scale pvp i have ever played.

Really? I should be ashamed? It's not like I'm stealing a kid's lunch or anything. I could care less what they call it, it's dang fun (which is why I play NW in the first place). Today our match was within 50 points and we pulled off a win with only one EOA team! Queuing up together is even more fun, and the Glory is great to put toward Artifacts or Profound Gear.

Keep up the good work, Cryptic!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!