test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.14.20140224a.11

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited March 2014 in Patch Notes (PC)
For the full list of today's patch notes please head to: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3037763

Thanks,

Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cool Tymora's coin can now be searched , got a feeling all the players who had BoE GG drops that got turned BoP in their inventory will be quite enraged though , glad I stuck mine in guild bank xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • ulthran77ulthran77 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    that's a joke, how can someone be that lazy?
  • torvinemtorvinem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited March 2014
    Any reason why the patch went out 1 hour early?
    edited March 2014
    torvinem wrote: »
    Any reason why the patch went out 1 hour early?

Daylight savings in America
  • torvinemtorvinem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Daylight savings in America

Thanks - times still showed 15:00 UTC - so was big shock that Daylight savings hadn't been factored into EU times.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Today's patch:
    Tymora's Lucky Coin now shows on the Auction House.
    Old patches:
    Newly posted Greater Stone of Health, Greater Scroll of Identification, Lesser Scroll of Identification, and Scroll of Identification items can now be found in Potions & Supplies on the Auction House.
    Newly posted Jeweled Idol, Chipped Orc Tooth, Piece of Broken Glass, and Tribal Feather items can now be found in Treasure on the Auction House.
    Certain Profession items, such as the Dragon Egg, now show up correctly in Auction House searches.
    Many of the new potions will now properly be searchable in the Auction Hall
    All types of Identification Scrolls will now be sellable on the Auction House.
    Coal now properly has the "Alchemy" tag, allowing it to be found on the Auction House.
    Scrolls of Fate can now be properly searched for in the Auction Hall.
    The Tome of Companion Experience will now appear in the Auction House underneath Consumables/Utility Packs categories.
    Are there any plans to prevent this kind of bug from happening again and again and again? This must be wasting a lot of time. Surely prevention would be more efficient.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    What about all the people who bought GG gear and now find it totally useless? Screw them?
    I guess you don't care about your customers.

"Resolved an issue with a number of items that dropped from the Dwarf King that caused them to be Bind on Pickup. They are once again Bind on Equip. Any currently bound items will not become unbound."

The way this sentence is structured leads me to believe you don't even realize what the problem was.
    DK dropping bound items was the least of it.

ALL GG items in the inventory BECAME bound overnight with NO warning. How about fixing YOUR mistake that screwed so many players?
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Cool Tymora's coin can now be searched , got a feeling all the players who had BoE GG drops that got turned BoP in their inventory will be quite enraged though , glad I stuck mine in guild bank xD

Well that only means it'll bind to the next character that touches it, right? You can't resell it either.
  • setillsetill Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can add tenacity stats on AH filter ?
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Well that only means it'll bind to the next character that touches it, right? You can't resell it either.

No it reverts back to BoE , only gear that became bound stays bound so gear that was BoE but was in somebodys bag and became bound stays bound but the stuff in my guild banks is still BoP and should go back to BoE , same with stuff stored in mail , the only thing we aren't sure about is what will happen with the stuff in characters banks because that is apparently considered an extension of a players inventory. We quizzed Panderus about it when this patch went up on test last night and he said this :
    panderus wrote: »
    Items become bound upon moving the item inside your usable inventory. Unbound items in the mail or auction house will not become bound until moved into the inventory. Yes, any still unbound items should remain unbound.

You should be able to transfer a character onto the preview shard with an item in the mail to test that portion if you wanted to. I do not believe items in the AH are transferred.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?628971-Shadowmantle-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-14-20140224a-11&p=7476371&viewfull=1#post7476371
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    loboguild wrote: »

No, if it was in the guild bank and no one touched it while it was broken, it should revert.
  • palada1palada1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Theres a lot of people who is going to loss a lot of AD because of this decision. People that actually put cash in the game to buy a item that now is useless. If they dont care about the customres, they will care about their lawyers. This is a unfair decision. Bugs after bugs and bugs in the end. Rewarding Exploiters and punishing correctly players its not a good way to keep this game going. I really dont care anymore about exploiting something in this game. After the nightmare and Radiant apocalypse they still the same... What is going to cost to them transform the BoP itens in BoE? nothing! But the players who have worked hard and play fair this is going to cost a lot. After i leave my work im going to play again and search for more exploits, this is how this game is working now. Ty Cryptic!
  • ratharimratharim Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2014
    setill wrote: »
    Can add tenacity stats on AH filter ?

+1
    /10chars
    Ratharel - stealthy backstabber from the Myth Drannor
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    palada1 wrote: »
    Theres a lot of people who is going to loss a lot of AD because of this decision. People that actually put cash in the game to buy a item that now is useless. If they dont care about the customres, they will care about their lawyers. This is a unfair decision. Bugs after bugs and bugs in the end. Rewarding Exploiters and punishing correctly players its not a good way to keep this game going. I really dont care anymore about exploiting something in this game. After the nightmare and Radiant apocalypse they still the same... What is going to cost to them transform the BoP itens in BoE? nothing! But the players who have worked hard and play fair this is going to cost a lot. After i leave my work im going to play again and search for more exploits, this is how this game is working now. Ty Cryptic!

Well, I don't think there is anything they could have done on a patch level to unbind bound equipment. CS might be able to replace the gear on an individual level, but you are asking too much for them to actually unbind people who were negatively effect on a server wide level with a patch.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    well i am not a payer like others but why should they whine? payers don't learn the game and they buy the gear from us farmers... so dont ruin the game... if u want to p2w go to another game...
    oh and an item valiant or heroic is very cheap :p i salvage them .. so stop whinin ...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Unless the game keeps a separate file detailing the history of each and every item including how it was acquired and whether or not it's ever been equipped, there is no way of separating legitimately bound items from those bound by the bug. I have two characters with full sets of bound GG armor in their inventories. As far as the game knows, they are the exact same as a piece that was incorrectly assigned as BOP from DK. If they simply made GG items unbound in people's inventories, then all eight of those pieces would now be unbound. So any fix for the bugged items would create another issue as GG items flooded the AH.

Years ago, I read an article discussing the then state of the art word processors. In it, the person demonstrating the device to the author used the search/replace function to change every instance of one letter to another. Then, in an attempt to revert it, ran search/replace again, resulting in a reversal of the problem - the document still riddled with typos, just different ones. In this game, there is only one 'Undo' button and that's a rollback, the window of when that was viable has long since passed.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • palada1palada1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They have transformed all the Stones of Radiance (located in guild bank, inventory and personal bank) in BoP again in the last patch... When we do a mistake, the normal behavior is to solve the problem. When money is evolved and when the bug affects greatly the economy, theyre really fast solving the bug. This problem have affected a bunch of people, this is why they dont care...
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    They have transformed all the Stones of Radiance (located in guild bank, inventory and personal bank) in BoP again in the last patch... When we do a mistake, the normal behavior is to solve the problem. When money is evolved and when the bug affects greatly the economy, theyre are really fast solving the bug. This problem have affected a bunch of people, this is why they dont care...

imo, they should search in code people that have payed for ioun stone of radiance and people that didn't and delete their stone of radiance, or just erase the ion stone of radiance and let people to rebuy it ..
    edited March 2014
    Well, im not going to cry anymore, this is a f2p game, ty for the answers. Lets just brace yourselfs against the next(s) bugs...
    edited March 2014
    well i am not a payer like others but why should they whine? payers don't learn the game and they buy the gear from us farmers... so dont ruin the game... if u want to p2w go to another game...
    oh and an item valiant or heroic is very cheap :p i salvage them .. so stop whinin ...

I have farmed all my PvE and PvP sets, enchants, runes etc... im talking about people who spend cash to buy something and suddenly get cheated, thats not my case. Put yourself in the place of these people and try to imagine how happy they're now...
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ratharim wrote: »
    +1
    /10chars

Isn't all PVP equipment BoP?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What somewhat surprises me is no fix for the Fool's Crown not actually being free to transmute.

mmm1001 wrote: »

If bought from a vendor, yes. These items also dropped as BoE versions from the Gauntylgrym dungeons, but the tenacity update changed all this gear to BoP, leaving many people stuck with items useless to them that they had either intended to sell or transfer.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Any dev comment on Fool's Crown? Should we just pay it if we want the look or do you have plans(tm)?
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't get why or how you can justify 2 hours for something as little as 6 fixes
  • setillsetill Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The blue items you gain in pvp are BoE
  • silgalian1silgalian1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Totally disgusted by the BoP decision on DK items. They have not a care in the world for their customers. I have lost over 1mil AD on that. And whilst it is a f2p game and I don't put in any RL money. I encourage anyone who lost real money invested into the game in the same way to sue the Ars* off them!
    Only way they will learn.
    Also no Fool's Crown fix?
    edited March 2014
    I don't get why or how you can justify 2 hours for something as little as 6 fixes

It isn't just 6 fixes ,that is just the patch that is being added to the client , the server maintenance like creating up to date backups and a whole bunch of other stuff is why it takes as long as it does.
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Everytime I click the patch note links from a tablet device it goes to arc website but the page instantly closes and jumps to YouTube app.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

It used to not be. Once you were able to take it and flip it for AD in the AH.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    two30 wrote: »
    Today's patch:

Old patches:

Are there any plans to prevent this kind of bug from happening again and again and again? This must be wasting a lot of time. Surely prevention would be more efficient.

Have to say I agree with you there. The AH is as difficult to use on here as the Exchange is on STO. I'd had hoped for a more updated ui than this.
This discussion has been closed.