test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sentinel GWF Build - PvP Focus - LEEROY JENKINS Jr.!!!

Comments

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ottoarc wrote: »
    ok i think i had some trouble with my gwp at will-threatening rush..my problem is when im sprinting toward the enemy and use threat rush..it will rush to the enemy but suddenly my threat rush did not hit the enemy and like back for a few feet..ok is like when i click my right mouse..threat rush animation show up and rushing to the target..although the target did not do anything to avoid it..but when my animation threat rush reach the target and it fall back a few steps ..so that mean i did not manage to hit the target at all..
    That usually happens when an opponent is able to Dodge/Teleport/Slide away from you right around the time you trigger Threatening Rush. It's a timing issue mainly, however their is a chance it could be lag with your connection...
    sorry for bad english and off topic post here kolatmaster..but really hope someone can help me out..is that my computer graphic card not good enough ?because basically i did nt saw this happen on other gwp when they threat rush me..please help
    No worries bud, hope the above answer helps! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • ortolanooortolanoo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No, havent tester the p light yet.. think is still better the vorpal and the sf too
    ortolanda - Tr
    ortolano - Gwf (pve)
    ortolano. - Gwf (pvp)
    .ortolano - HR (pvp)

N e v e r w i n t e r O r d e r
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The hell do you find the images lol...

You really should start a YT channel.
  • ottoarcottoarc Member Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    hrm..ok ty kolat
    edited March 2014
    ortolanoo wrote: »
    No, havent tester the p light yet.. think is still better the vorpal and the sf too
    Perfect Lighting may not be as good as Perfect Vorpal damage wise, but it is pretty close... Then lighting has the bonus of zapping out and can hit TRs in Stealth. Just saying! :)

pers3phone wrote: »
    The hell do you find the images lol...
    AOIymGB.png

I think of the appropriate image (generally a concept, but sometimes very specific) and then look through my database/internet to find the perfect match. Sometimes I make them like the one above here... ;)
    pers3phone wrote: »
    You really should start a YT channel.
    Who knows? Maybe someday... lol

hrm..ok ty kolat
    You're welcome bud!
    va8Ru.gif
    edited March 2014
    NeverwinterRockstarAndGroupie_zps36f9c4ab.jpg
    va8Ru.gif
  • caarbcaarb Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Any thoughts on BiS gear for this build after tenacity update? I think 4pc sentinel seems a given but what about the rest? Im torn between going full tenacity or a mix (similar to Swordfish)
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Greetings all!

After spending weeks on end perusing the Preview Shard Forums, and after having pretty much maxed out my PvE GWFs, I decided to create a purely PvP spec’d GWF for the upcoming Mod 3 changes. Without further ado I present…

LEEROY JENKINS Jr.!!!

PvPFashion2_zps5cd972c5.pngPvPFashion1_zps9ec87289.png

Just a note, for those who may not be aware, I have been purely PvE focused since the beginning of the game and all my other GWFs are PvE spec’d. I’ve PvP’d a bit just for lulz over the months, and also to grind out the Blood Crystal Raven Skull. Recently I’ve kinda got hooked, and am enjoying it more… It’s the competitive nature within me and the fact we’ll soon have legit match making/ranking system, so I thought, why the hell not? *wink*

NEWS FLASH: Con/Dex Halflings are the hawtness for GWFs in PvP! Film at 11…

Ok, just to put this out there this ‘guide’ won’t have anything ‘new’ or particularly ama-za-zing as there are plenty of better PvPers and/or builds out there. This is hardly original, so be forewarned! Lol

My base stats were:

16 Strength
    16 Constitution
    16 Dexterity
    11 Intelligence
    10 Wisdom
    10 Charisma

I placed 6 points in Con/Dex as I leveled, and here are my final stats (PvP Gear):

PvPStats1_zps446f6d5f.png

My chosen/current PvP gear is as follows:

PvPStats5_zps71dc0960.png

Pretty self-explanatory, though I went with a Defensive slotted neck piece for an extra Radiant Enchantment, and I also have the Rings of Repulsion to use if I want. Currently grinding out my Blood Crystal Raven Skull which will probably take the place of my Lantern of Revelation initially, and we’ll see how that goes from there! I’ll also be grinding out VT/MC for the Fallen Dragon Swordknot and the Fomorian Fabled Swordknot as time goes on to upgrade my weapon. I do have the Greatsword of the Titan, but I really like the extra +450 Crit Strike from the set bonus.

Enchantment wise I am rocking Perfect Soulforged and Perfect Vorpal, duh!

Boon wise I picked/will pick…

Sharandar:
    Dark Fey Warden, Fey Elusiveness, Feywilds Fortitude, Elven Tranquility, and Fey Thistle

Dread Ring:
    Conjuror’s Gambit, Illusory Regeneration, Forbidden Piercing, Enraged Regrowth, and Endless Consumption

Lol dude, A for effort on posting all of this but honestly its like you are just showin' off your credit card on the forums.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited March 2014
    caarb wrote: »
    Any thoughts on BiS gear for this build after tenacity update? I think 4pc sentinel seems a given but what about the rest? Im torn between going full tenacity or a mix (similar to Swordfish)
    I'm currently running just the Grim Sentinel set and going for max Defense/Deflection to test it out. That may change as it evolves, still need to get the final Sharandar boon, etc.

I've enjoyed the 4 set bonus honestly, but that's just me. You can be successful either way, so do what you feel is best and test it out... :)

emilemo wrote: »
    Lol dude, A for effort on posting all of this but honestly its like you are just showin' off your credit card on the forums.
    Note sure why you needed to offer a faux congratulations to cover an ad hominem, but whatever floats your boat ese...

This thread has made me a better player by the back and forth with those who post questions, insightful comments, etc. Might want to try that next time!

87173-YOU-GET-NOTHING-YOU-LOSE-GOOD-COYG.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

Dude!, move along, thanks!

Leeroy keep up all the work, you do the testing for the rest of us! Rock on man, i log on forums every day just to see what you have up next.
    edited March 2014
    tybrus8 wrote: »
    Dude!, move along, thanks!

Leeroy keep up all the work, you do the testing for the rest of us! Rock on man, i log on forums every day just to see what you have up next.

Testing? To determine if a Sentinel GWF, using the flavour of the month race, and equiped with a ton of gear is still op ? The results must be astounding. Apologies for disrupting your money cult with my offensive comment.
    edited March 2014
    I'm currently running just the Grim Sentinel set and going for max Defense/Deflection to test it out. That may change as it evolves, still need to get the final Sharandar boon, etc.

I've enjoyed the 4 set bonus honestly, but that's just me. You can be successful either way, so do what you feel is best and test it out... :)

Note sure why you needed to offer a faux congratulations to cover an ad hominem, but whatever floats your boat ese...

This thread has made me a better player by the back and forth with those who post questions, insightful comments, etc. Might want to try that next time!

Its nice to distinguish between actual skill and gear. "Better player" you say. How do you figure - by topping charts/winning matches I guess. Or perhaps this "insightful discussion" has taught you how to strike fast and hard and avoid gettin struck yourself - doubtful. You see, the builds are out there and are quite simple to recreate as they have been done and redone plenty times already. The actual 'player skill' doesnt come up first nor second in NVW pvp - the gear occupies those two spots. So, at best your guide is a gear guide which shows anyone who might not know, that if they dump some cash in the game or spent months grinding content, they can create a super toon to faceroll others in pvp. In reality the only thing that beats something is a higher GS beating a lower GS. Now, do you find this informative or did you know it all already..
  • kuyabaykuyabay Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    Hey Leeroy, thanks for sharing with the community your pvp build. Both the Grim and profound sentinel sets have plenty of deflect and a 4/4 bonus slow affect. Would it be worthwhile to pick up battle trample/trample the fallen for the extra dps or would you still go with unstoppable recovery/bravery?

I would think with a full set of Sentinel gears/jewelries, we would have enough deflect to not need bravery. Unstoppable recovery even at 40k hp seems a bit underwhelm with a paltry 2K heal.

Also, it seems that our pvp gear has very little lifesteal. Unless specifically slotting for it, I'm sitting at less than 3%. Would endless consumption still be preferable over rampaging madness? I'm sorry I don't have concrete numbers as I don't have much pvp gears, but I'm just planning it out as I make my foray into pvp.

Btw ignore the troll. Some people have nothing to contribute or discuss, best to just ignore him.
  • timesvolenttimesvolent Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its nice to distinguish between actual skill and gear.

You sound like a complete fool. And mad.
    Oh, and answer me this: What does 'actual skill' mean to your mind?

It's best imo, when one is attacking another person in chat with disrespectful and spiteful attitude,
    to make sure each and every sentence is as nonsensical as possible.

Alas you obviously do not feel as I do on this matter being that your 1st opening line...
    "Its nice to distinguish between actual skill and gear." (<~lol, actual skill. Is 'actual skill' like skill? And ah, do you often find it 'nice' to notice that words describing things which are not the same things at all, as being nice, when you are able to realize they are not indistinguishable? Do you sit there mouth open, drooling a bit, with a goofy and distance look on your face. And if so for how long do you do so until you jerk back into reality and realize how moronic at that time you are making yourself appear to others?)

-to your last sentence-
    "In reality the only thing that beats something is a higher GS beating a lower GS. Now, do you find this informative or did you know it all already.."
    ^lol, literally makes **** for sense. And makes me wonder how often mentally challenged fools publicly chose to match their lack of wits against a far, far, more intelligent and way better spoken and composed (basically 'better' human being). You are the second I have seen do so this year, so I am thinking it happens very rarely. :D

Please, I really honestly wish to know more about you so I can help you. 8)
    edited March 2014
    How much gear does a 'ton of gear' have?
    edited March 2014
    Testing? To determine if a Sentinel GWF, using the flavour of the month race, and equiped with a ton of gear is still op ? The results must be astounding. Apologies for disrupting your money cult with my offensive comment.

Your very being is offensive.
    Do one or the other. 1. become WAY more intelligent than you are (or) 2. improve your attitude ten fold. (If you wish to do neither do me a favor then please. Find a sandwich, a bed, and a nap.
    edited March 2014
    tybrus8 wrote: »
    Oh I'll keep rocking bud, no worries on that! lol

Stickman-2-rocking.gif

kuyabay wrote: »
    Hey Leeroy, thanks for sharing with the community your pvp build. Both the Grim and profound sentinel sets have plenty of deflect and a 4/4 bonus slow affect. Would it be worthwhile to pick up battle trample/trample the fallen for the extra dps or would you still go with unstoppable recovery/bravery?
    It's something I've been considering to test out, as yet I just got my final Sharandar Boon today went with Fey Thistle and want to see how the full deflect works.

There is definitely something to be said for being more offense focused, I just want to maximize the defensive build to see how that works out!
    I would think with a full set of Sentinel gears/jewelries, we would have enough deflect to not need bravery. Unstoppable recovery even at 40k hp seems a bit underwhelm with a paltry 2K heal.
    2k can be the difference between life and death bud, though with TRs SE running a muck the 2k may not matter as much... lol
    Also, it seems that our pvp gear has very little lifesteal. Unless specifically slotting for it, I'm sitting at less than 3%. Would endless consumption still be preferable over rampaging madness? I'm sorry I don't have concrete numbers as I don't have much pvp gears, but I'm just planning it out as I make my foray into pvp.
    That's one thing, even with healing depression that I would love to increase, my lifesteal because of the boon... Something to take a look at for sure.
    Btw ignore the troll. Some people have nothing to contribute or discuss, best to just ignore him.
    Oh I already said my peace to that individual... Whenever you see me use the 'Willy Wonka: Good Day Sir!' gif, you can rest assured that the individual in question is persona non grata to me. :cool:

42924-haters-gonna-hate-freddie-merc-sRd4.gif
    va8Ru.gif
    edited March 2014

Little angry and wild minded GWF, be at peace, or how else will you slaughter all your enemies?! D:

..btw, Results can astound us, but they are unable to be as you say. As, 'must be astounding', for they are not sentient and conscious and are actually not even things. But perceptions. Perceptions can not astound to my knowledge but from and within it. :D

**** OH and VERY NICE AND ENTERTAINING AND ENJOYABLE BODY OF WORK leeroy!
    (sorry i got the caps backwards. ;))
    edited March 2014
    Little angry and wild minded GWF, be at peace, or how else will you slaughter all your enemies?! D:

..btw, Results can astound us, but they are unable to be as you say. As, 'must be astounding', for they are not sentient and conscious and are actually not even things. But perceptions. Perceptions can not astound to my knowledge but from and within it. :D

**** OH and VERY NICE AND ENTERTAINING AND ENJOYABLE BODY OF WORK leeroy!
    (sorry i got the caps backwards. ;))

How far up that dwarf's bottom is your face ?

As for the rest.. I'll just leave this quote here, go ahead educate yourself at your leisure.

astounding
    /əˈstaʊndɪŋ/
    adjective
    surprisingly impressive or notable.
    "the summit offers astounding views"

So, are "views" sentient ? Maybe the "summit" is.. still no? Well, guess what, they can both be astounding nevertheless.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My 2 cents for our Always entertaining leeroy guy:

Pretty much, the Sinergy GWF you fought was doing the right thing. The chain prone combo works even with tenacity, most of the time. I usually go with threat rush-->takedown-->threat rush--->frontline--->threat rush and IBS. Can decide to place threat rush between each encounter or not. I'll explain why i do it. However: this combo is the most effective to me. Many GWFs start with frontline cause it's ranged AoE, and seem easier to land. Obviously, against very good dodgers you've not much choice other than using frontline first. Against other GWFs i use takedown first. Reasons are:

- frontline cooldown is long. If it's dodged, it's a huge loss. Takedown has short cooldown and has the "3 seconds cooldown when dodged" bonus.

- Frontline damage is higher than takedown. Starting with takedown you have a chance to stack 3 SoTS before Landing your frontline, increasing the damage. Plus threat rush mark debuff.

I switched from vorpal to terror. Reason is the defense debuff is not affected by tenacity, and with the prone chain rotation you can stack 5 terror debuffs fast, before Landing your IBS. With a Pterror-Gterror, you can bring a 3k defense under 1k (if my math is right), which reduces the DR by 20%= 20% more damage for you. On every hit, not just critical hits. Plus the necrotic damage.
    Don't know if terror debuff increases the deep gash damage, but it should.

I usually land my rotation, then sprint to evade and keep moving. Sprinting behind a GWF is annoying for him and could make him miss his frontline, which is good. If you can dodge frontline, it's a huge advantage. The more you evade after Landing your rotation, the better. Any GWF facetanking only, will lose against a GWF who is good at evanding and using his footwork/ mobility as a defense.
    I can beat better geared GWFs with much more HP than me thanks to them being bad and not moving.

Barkshield is a good armor enchant for PvP.

Lifesteal is not affected by tenacity, which makes it now a very good self-healing enchant imho. It's more noticeable than before.

On hotenow, you can also use the columns on base points to troll/ keep busy multiple enemies and buy time.

Looking forward to see what you get from testing different enchants. I can't, it's too expensive.
    edited March 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    Great Info!
    Thanks for the solid info bud, much appreciated! :cool:

I've been doing a lot of testing on the Test Shard, and moving around feats since Deep Gash/Student of the Sword is no longer really viable IMO. Also looking around at different Enchantments and I've been really liking Perfect Life Drinker in the open world PvE/PvP in Icewind Dale (also on live with Lifedrinker). Basically I went with being as unkillable as possible, still hovering around 40k HP though... Haven't gone the route of over 50k on the Test Server. I feel you may sacrifice too much in other stats to do that, particularly with Healing Depression.

I could be wrong though, still lots of testing to go... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • dodgerevasiondodgerevasion Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey kolatmaster i have one question.
    I was wondering what runes spell should I use in a set of PVP in the spaces Offensive, defensive and utility?
    * And I want to congratulate him for this great guide, really amazing! I'm your fan, thank you very much and sorry for english hahah
  • mour76mour76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi,
    I've a build like yours, but i've noticed from combat log that powerfull challenge feat doesn't work on marked target, i only get +8% from the mark. Have you noticed the same?
    I've tested it on the dummies and mobs (on the test shard and live). It seems that nobody have noticed that, powerfull challenge would in crease damage on marked target (treathening rush mark, for example) for a 15% (plus the 8% of the mark for total of 23%). I'm wrong on understanding the feat or is a bug?

thanks for your feedback.
    edited April 2014
    Hey kolatmaster i have one question.
    I was wondering what runes spell should I use in a set of PVP in the spaces Offensive, defensive and utility?
    PvP:
    Defensive Slots = Radiant (For HPs)
    Offensive Slots = Dark (For ArmPen)
    Utility = Dark (For Movement)
    * And I want to congratulate him for this great guide, really amazing! I'm your fan, thank you very much and sorry for english hahah
    I'm glad you enjoy the guide mi amigo! :D

No worries on the English bud, it happens and I understood what you asked... lol Sorry for the delay in answering...

mour76 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've a build like yours, but i've noticed from combat log that powerfull challenge feat doesn't work on marked target, i only get +8% from the mark. Have you noticed the same?
    Honestly I haven't. but if that's the case it's worth review/revision!
    mour76 wrote: »
    I've tested it on the dummies and mobs (on the test shard and live). It seems that nobody have noticed that, powerfull challenge would in crease damage on marked target (treathening rush mark, for example) for a 15% (plus the 8% of the mark for total of 23%). I'm wrong on understanding the feat or is a bug?
    23% should be what it totals yes... That's my understanding of the situation. IF it does though? That I cannot attest to with hard data such as ACT, etc. Sorry...

[QUOTE=mour76;7741851thanks for your feedback.[/QUOTE]
    You're welcome bud! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for answering me!
    * And one more question: What is the best weapon enchantment to? I'm using a P.Vorpal, however I was thinking of a P.Terror or P Lifedrinker.
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for answering me!
    You're welcome bud!
    * And one more question: What is the best weapon enchantment to? I'm using a P.Vorpal, however I was thinking of a P.Terror or P Lifedrinker.
    Currently, on Live, I'd say Perfect Vorpal is best as that helps the Deep Gash proc insane damage. Post Mod 3, with the changes to Deep Gash, I think what's 'best' needs to be figured out... Hope that helps! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • kythostkythost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    May I ask why the focus on DEX for PVP? I know critting is nice and all, but wouldn't a STR focus increase your overall damage in the long haul? Or is it more for the .5% deflection bonus? I read that Grimah had parsed out that STR was more dmg compared to DEX for rogues... I would assume it would be similar for GWFs.
    edited April 2014
    Hmm .. Got Leroy. I was searching here and saw this using lifedrinker. It was the best you tested so far?
    * Forgive me for disturbing you with stupid questions, but do not want to make mistakes and have a great loss of gold. Thanks again
    edited April 2014
    kythost wrote: »
    May I ask why the focus on DEX for PVP? I know critting is nice and all, but wouldn't a STR focus increase your overall damage in the long haul? Or is it more for the .5% deflection bonus? I read that Grimah had parsed out that STR was more dmg compared to DEX for rogues... I would assume it would be similar for GWFs.
    Dexterity increasing/maxing was for increased Crit chance for Perfect Vorpal/Deep Gash and increasing Deflection.

The Strength focus would be more for PvE, overall, since survival for a Sentinel build point/node holder is the goal. Hope that helps! :)

Hmm .. Got Leroy. I was searching here and saw this using lifedrinker. It was the best you tested so far?
    On live it is not the best currently, that goes for Perfect Vorpal. I simply used Perfect Lifedrinker to maximize my survival capabilities and cause I thought it was cool. It does it's job well, and should only get better post Mod 3 changes to Deep Gash. Though I wouldn't say it's the 'Best' unless we are talking about Enchantments that keep you alive the longest!
    * Forgive me for disturbing you with stupid questions, but do not want to make mistakes and have a great loss of gold. Thanks again
    Pffft! No 'forgiveness' necessary bud, the thread is here for information, for question answering, theorycrafting, and expanding my own knowledge... So it's all good mi amigo! :cool:

Phil-Thumbs-Up.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • forumnamesarelamforumnamesarelam Member Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    pando83 wrote: »

The more you evade after Landing your rotation, the better. Any GWF facetanking only, will lose against a GWF who is good at evanding and using his footwork/ mobility as a defense.
    I can beat better geared GWFs with much more HP than me thanks to them being bad and not moving.

You're more correct than the common thinking amongst most of the GWF's out there and particularly the ones that heavily favour the sentinel builds for PvP.

I used to be a warrior grand marshall for alliance in world of warcraft (pre-cataclysm expansion, so it's been a while since I've played another mmo) and while I don't consider myself an overall newbie, I just started playing Neverwinter a few weeks ago and turned 60 about 6 days ago.

In that 6 days, I've killed almost 1000 players, bought the entire duellist epic pvp set and just bought my T2 profound destroyer sword tonight. I started off 6 days ago with blues and greens and a 5.5k gear score and no boons and now I am wiping the floor with people regularly and I still have a lot of stuff left to acquire.

Now, I do not consider myself some sort of god at pvp, especially since it's been almost 7 years since I did it regularly, and even then in another game, but the fact of the matter is that most people are really really bad at it. Stupid mistakes like tunnel vision and face tanking run rampant across all classes, but in particular with GWF's. It's incredibly annoying for me to watch, even enemy team members, not capitalize on the fact that this is one extremely mobile class that can easily execute low health players in the blink of an eye with burst damage on a fast recycle timer.

There's probably no nice way to say this, but as far as I can tell the players that build defensive GWF's for PvP are doing it wrong. I don't consider myself particularly awesome, but I've been having null-sweat problems rocking an under-geared Destroyer build in PvP.