Install Arc
Options

Server not responding

Comments

• Options
    ayamekochanayamekochan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    spicen wrote: »
    I'm having problems as well. The launcher kept updating itself but got stuck and started all over again. Then i decided to uninstall. And now I can't download the game again because i get time outs from the neverwinter frontpage or any other part of the site. Only part that is currently working for me are forums. Any info how I could approach this issue?

I'm having the same problem - the launcher just keeps trying to update but fails and restarts after taking about 10-15 minutes to download less than 10MB. Haven't been able to get into the game today - been trying for the last 3 hours.
  • Options
    clockworksheepclockworksheep Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've been having the same problem as everyone in this forum. The server just kicks me out every time I go to a new quest or travel. It's annoying because I actually want to try this game out :/
    I've been able to play but only maybe 2-5 minutes at a time.
  • Options
    grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Same problem here :( playing from Brazil!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skylord117skylord117 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    same issue here :L and im missing the good events now...........
  • Options
    mauroge69mauroge69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi,

I'd like to share some thoughts with you all about my experience on the "server not responding" issue.

I experienced this problem since the first game runs, problem getting weird at night.
    I started to wondering where the problme could be, checking hardware, checking system config, software config and so no.

I upgraded the router too (something I alredy planned to do.. ) but, investigating using the traceroute app I found that the traffic to the Neverwinter servers was stopped by the ISP managing the backbone from europe to USA: vodafone.

My ADSL is TeleTU, but the optical WDM backbone they are leveraging on is Vodafone.

By my understanding they do traffic shaping limiting the bandwidth they provide for UDP traffic, maybe the packets used by NW are wrongly categorized by the Vodafone's GW VoiceIP and then dropped when the backbone is full.

Long story short, I've solved using a free vpn account available on internet: before running the game I start a script batch activating the VPN using openVPN.
    My understanding here is that encoding the traffic into an encrypted connection oriented pipe fools the gateway getting dedicated bandwidth.

Strangely said, having an additional layer of encoding on top of the connection permitted to me to play smoothly.

So, if you experience severe LAG so the game is unusable and continous "server not responding" issue while into the game, my suggestion is to setup a vpn tunnel: it worked for me.

Regards,

M
  • Options
    wmarionpwmarionp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    my friend is having the same issue with server not responding, but its even more specific with him. on his wireless connection wich is horrible and slow (patching takes an hour) he can connect, but on an ether connection, he keeps getting the rolling "server not responding" issue. any clues on this?
  • Options
    ahealy98ahealy98 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've been having that same problem ever since the shard merge. It's incredibly frustrating. Does anyone know how to fix this problem so that I can actually play the game! It makes doing anything practically impossible.
  • Options
    jiblowjiblow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    r0y0 wrote: »
    They definitely hosed their launcher (and game) for quite a few people. For me, and others, it goes so far as to kill our actual internet connection. Chokes the modem and everything. The modem recovers after a couple minutes, but I can see in my task bar (I play windowed) that the internet connection gets the yellow triangle and says my modem is not responding. Funny, it doesn't do this when I do not run the launcher or game. Ever.

I agree, you nailed it. well theres like 13 pages of this so i am guessing they have not fixed this problem yet. Only 10 people can be in a zone at a time or something? :(
  • Options
    stargejzerstargejzer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can't login with my Hunter . Every time I try I get the server not responding on load.
    I have another hero,Guardian at the same location and same shard (Dragon) and I can load just fine.

Only on my hunter I get the option to normal login or safe login,neither of those option works. Im loosing my mind.
    Everything is patched (I installed the game on dec 5th) and my hunter is lv 13 (I have had some issues with this server not respoding when I tried some instances,It usually worked after I reentered the game completely). Ive tried 6x times now,it just wont work.
  • Options
    voidonvoidon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've been having the same problem. None of my friends can come over to play the game because we bog down the internet waaaay too much. It's a shame too! We were really stoked to play together AND pay for awesome mounts to ride into battle on!!! :/

Overall, this game is pretty cool, but stuff like this is going to drive people away like the black plague. A lot of mmo gamers have been around awhile and they get annoyed easily with this kind of thing.

The the is, there are a lot of other f2p mmos out there that we could easily jump to, just to pass the time until Wildstar or TESO. I think that Neverwinter has the potential to be a really great game if they keep up with it. But when things like this happen, it's harder to imagine an epic future for the game. Therefor, the question that will hit most peoples minds is, "Is this worth the time commitment?". Gotta give them a reason to say yes, Perfect World!
  • Options
    grathanich666grathanich666 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Server not responding error is still bugging me, making the game unplayable. However, I see many people are successfully playing the game. Would anyone please tell me if I need to do anything else besides disabling "patch on demand", antivirus and firewall? I even tried connecting through a DNS proxy.
  • Options
    aaron0023aaron0023 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i have a error on the patch and i cant log in plz fix as soon as possible
  • Options
    romo1romo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here, constant server not responding, constant disconnects - finally got too frustrating to play. PW: please post to Twitter when fixed; until then Ill roll onto a different game for a bit. Thank you.
  • Options
    percievalpercieval Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mauroge69 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'd like to share some thoughts with you all about my experience on the "server not responding" issue.

I experienced this problem since the first game runs, problem getting weird at night.
    I started to wondering where the problme could be, checking hardware, checking system config, software config and so no.

I upgraded the router too (something I alredy planned to do.. ) but, investigating using the traceroute app I found that the traffic to the Neverwinter servers was stopped by the ISP managing the backbone from europe to USA: vodafone.

My ADSL is TeleTU, but the optical WDM backbone they are leveraging on is Vodafone.

By my understanding they do traffic shaping limiting the bandwidth they provide for UDP traffic, maybe the packets used by NW are wrongly categorized by the Vodafone's GW VoiceIP and then dropped when the backbone is full.

Long story short, I've solved using a free vpn account available on internet: before running the game I start a script batch activating the VPN using openVPN.
    My understanding here is that encoding the traffic into an encrypted connection oriented pipe fools the gateway getting dedicated bandwidth.

Strangely said, having an additional layer of encoding on top of the connection permitted to me to play smoothly.

So, if you experience severe LAG so the game is unusable and continous "server not responding" issue while into the game, my suggestion is to setup a vpn tunnel: it worked for me.

Regards,

M

This solved the "Server Not Responding" in game problem for me. *bump*
  • Options
    triangleedtriangleed Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    percieval wrote: »
    This solved the "Server Not Responding" in game problem for me. *bump*

do we really need to do this or there will be some patch to fix this issue? this just sounds a bit too complicated and considering how widespread this issue is, one would expect Devs to come out with a solution?!?
  • Options
    bubbleserotica1bubbleserotica1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi, I'm having a problem "Server not responding" too. I was at the foundry quest "Silver sword" (something like that) and I had to log off in the middle of the mission. I tried now to log in to continue playing, but server is not responding.

I tried with normal and safe login, but no success.

ATM I can't do anything to play.

Anyone has the same issue? Any hint, help?
  • Options
    cwsmith1977cwsmith1977 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jungself wrote: »
    Same. I got to kill one whole zombie and now it's a little awkward in front of all his friends. No one knows what to say, so we all just stand there, motionless...

I laughed pretty hard at this comment. And still I lagged...
  • Options
    svana39svana39 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So for those of us that are slightly tech illiterate that have absolutely no idea what you are saying to do. Is there a link to this vpn account thingy?
  • Options
    zoetron5000zoetron5000 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sadly this has solved my problem too. Not sure if traffic shaping because traffic resembles VoiP or what but using a VPN (that I am paying for) fixed all my lag. Please investigate this issue and solve it without us having to resort to VPNs to play a f2p game.
  • Options
    nightwriternightwriter Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just downloaded and installed the Open VPN also and it fixed the connection issues for me, but not my lag (I think my lag is more an issue of using an older computer and a somewhat slow DSL connection that has multiple other devices connected to it). At least I'm no longer having "server not responding" nor any disconnects, thank goodness!

For those who need some help setting it up, go here: http://www.vpnbook.com/howto/ and choose your operating system (if you are using Windows 8, just use the Windows 7 directions - I have Windows 8 and the Windows 7 directions worked for me). You will come to a point where you have to download and choose a configuration package - the one I found that works for me is the U.S. UDP 25000. I tried the TCP 80 one first and the game wouldn't even connect at all.
  • Options
    ladysakotaladysakota Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    About a month of this now, and I've been able to figure when I can play and when I can't. Today it seems to happen earlier then normal, I"m so disheartened right now, I love playing Neverwinter it is to bad the game hates me. Missing the Event, just put $20 in to do some lock box gambling (great addiction! Never get anything lol), so tired of being a fangirl for companies only for them to destroy my trust. And sad fact is, I"m going to keep trying and putting money in MMOs expecting some kind of result. Oh great...I'm a addict.
  • Options
    noteventrollinnoteventrollin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I just downloaded and installed the Open VPN also and it fixed the connection issues for me, but not my lag (I think my lag is more an issue of using an older computer and a somewhat slow DSL connection that has multiple other devices connected to it). At least I'm no longer having "server not responding" nor any disconnects, thank goodness!

For those who need some help setting it up, go here: http://www.vpnbook.com/howto/ and choose your operating system (if you are using Windows 8, just use the Windows 7 directions - I have Windows 8 and the Windows 7 directions worked for me). You will come to a point where you have to download and choose a configuration package - the one I found that works for me is the U.S. UDP 25000. I tried the TCP 80 one first and the game wouldn't even connect at all.

is there a solution that doesn't involve having to hack my own computer. This is such an old thread I am doubtful there will ever be a resolution...
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    is there a solution that doesn't involve having to hack my own computer. This is such an old thread I am doubtful there will ever be a resolution...

The problem is that it's not one problem it's multiple problems.

1) VPN's are not hacking your own computer. They're... for lack of a better term an extra security layer would probably be the simplest explanation. There are some good free vpn programs that are easy to set up as well.
    I'm honestly unsure why this fixes things for people.

2) At the time of this threads creation one of the main causes was having on demand patching enabled. While that seems to be toned down from back in beta it is still a major issue for many people and they get server not responding errors when it is enabled.
  • Options
    overdemon98overdemon98 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    when i enter the game my charapter can't move and i get the message "server not responding" HELP ME PLS i can't play and this is only my problem or not?
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    when i enter the game my charapter can't move and i get the message "server not responding" HELP ME PLS i can't play and this is only my problem or not?

Can't help you with much if you're not willing to provide some baseline information. Read the sticky at the top of this sub forum on how to diagnose lag and rubberbanding.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    mzknowitallmzknowitall Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm also having issues with server not responding or losing connection after 5 minutes
  • Options
    talldsntalldsn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is a problem that has been happening with me constantly in Neverwinter. I have a mage and cleric in my game account. Sometimes when I change characters or indulge in some instance, during the loading screen freezes and the message "Server not responding" and then "Timed out connecting to GameServer" appears, returning the login screen. After this message appears, when I come again with the character in the game options "Normal Login" and "Secure Login" appears. I click either one to enter the game, but the problem persists on the loading screen showing the message quoted earlier, returning to the login screen and impossible to get into the game. Already have days that I can not log into my cleric. I am discouraged to play. This problem of "Server not responding" is constant.
  • Options
    instantjaksinstantjaks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited March 2014
    Ive been looking at *a lot* of threads on this exact same matter and noticing that none of them have been provided an answer or solution by PW. This is a major issue that many users(including myself mind you) Have been having to deal with since apparently the end of closed beta over a year ago now. So, how is it that a game with this level of detail and effort put into it has such a flaw?? I mean you cant even get a GM to answer to your tickets I made one over 4 months ago that still hasnt been reviewed by a GM which I think is ridiculous and a total lack of respect for the end user. This needs to be taken care of but as usual they just dont give a ****.
    End result will be yet another dead game, players are already leaving due to these connection issues and the amount of pay to win going on anyway.-
  • Options
    iamblackwall#8076 iamblackwall Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Same to me too Yesterday I was playing so good then Crashed and now Im playing it again then I now Receive the same bug.... P.W. and Cryptic Studios please fix this
  • Options
    iamblackwall#8076 iamblackwall Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    talldsn wrote: »
    It is a problem that has been happening with me constantly in Neverwinter. I have a mage and cleric in my game account. Sometimes when I change characters or indulge in some instance, during the loading screen freezes and the message "Server not responding" and then "Timed out connecting to GameServer" appears, returning the login screen. After this message appears, when I come again with the character in the game options "Normal Login" and "Secure Login" appears. I click either one to enter the game, but the problem persists on the loading screen showing the message quoted earlier, returning to the login screen and impossible to get into the game. Already have days that I can not log into my cleric. I am discouraged to play. This problem of "Server not responding" is constant.

Please fix this Problem I really Love this Game Please Fix