Install Arc
Options

Server not responding

12346»

Comments

• Options
    iamaudelusiamaudelus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    im getting error 137 when i login to arc and then server not responding, and by luck i was able to get into the game i get lag spikes and then a " server not responding " pls help
    a tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of the sheep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Check the neverwinter launcher options to make sure on demand patching is off. this is usually the common issue of server not responding as the game is streaming it to you and only loads what is need to play. turning that off will download the remainder of the game.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    Check the neverwinter launcher options to make sure on demand patching is off. this is usually the common issue of server not responding as the game is streaming it to you and only loads what is need to play. turning that off will download the remainder of the game.

that doesnt help, the problem is somewhere in cogent communication's post-apocalyptic technology.
    these guys here are having the same problem:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?185612-Feedback-Lag-and-Rubberbanding/page43

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?639581-Cryptic-Launcher-down
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is not always that being the issue. If it was I would be also, but I am not cause my route takes me thru cogent also. Plus most of those is something different. I was just in game with no issues. I have on demand patching off.
  • Options
    iamaudelusiamaudelus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    so how do i fix this ? :(
    a tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of the sheep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sparknoisesparknoise Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I had a problem like everyone here, then one day i played 3 hours all was ok.. next day starts again... i though is my pc/internet, installed new system, call my internet provider and we check everything ( changed modem too ), i install game and now log in.. all was good.. but.. when i enter in dungeon i have same problem again.. well i am lil' bit pissed off cuz i do everything to fix that to play normal but is imposible. Mods don't ignore this thread and please inform someone who can help us if u all can't or if someone knoww how to fix this pls tell us and that not to be "uncheck on demand patching..." and that things cuz we all here i think do that. Idc what is the problem, if Madonna cut the wire or smth.. just what to do now, i rly try everything what i can -.- only to throw pc through window...
  • Options
    syefffbmk4ysyefffbmk4y Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Same problem here 3 days, and i will throw pc through window too...
  • Options
    aquamaxaquamax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have played without any problems about 6 months and few days ago started same **** that guys posted here, but only when trying to change instance or location... i didnt changing anything on my pc so the problem isnt from my side. Do smth with your server or get back how it was before last patch...
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    First make sure you have this off in your patcher.
    dVK6pEz.png
    If that is good. Run a pathping in a cmd window

pathping patchserver.crypticstudios.com

look for your ping times and any loss percentages before you hit the cryptic servers. If you get loss it's the routing between you and cryptic.

Also note that some isp's are throttling game data as peer to peer traffic and effecting game performance in many many online games at the moment. The only way to fix it if your isp is doing this is a vpn from what I've seen.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The way how i avoid this is.. when i have server not responding and teleporting arround.. stuck few secs.. for 10 secs etc.. i just log out and log in fast.. and all is good... i think problem is between user and server.. is like "u pick wrong line" after log out/in u just "pick up good line" lol This is not every time, there is a days when i play normaly, no lag.. no nuth.. is like i am alone in instance ( but i am not :) ), so perfect.. then for example i join for dungeon or pvp.. all good ( or bad, depends..) i finish that and ofc i come back where i was before that queue.. i have server not responding.. so there is no problems with server or me.. smth between.. maybe i am wrong, here we have smarter ppls who knows how this all works.. :) I have this problems from June.. before that no.. so idk. I have friends they never have this problem and they have worse connection/pc then me.. settings is the same.. bah..
  • Options
    gogu79gogu79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    let me explain to all and sorry for my english
    this is what observed:- when im connected on proxy eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com i play with 0 lag and spike all its fine
    - when im connected on proxy eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com i cant move character cand do nothing laggy like hell and server not responding from 5 in 5 sec
    admin say cuz is ours prowider fault if is ours fault whay i play on eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com with 0 lag and on eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com laggy like hell ? is not same server game? why 1 work bad and 2 work fine?why is ours fault?
    us2.proxy.crypticstudios.com and us1.proxy.crypticstudios.com have same issue like EU for me 1 work bad and 2 work fine
    check proxy 1 and repair if is something bad here is all lag problems on proxy 1 this i think is server fault not player provider fault
    Dragons? On MY Way !!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Guys i found solution, i saw one dude use one program for VPN connection called "BattlePing" i use this and belive me i played few hours without any problem..All work perfectly like server is in my room ^^ haha. It's free to use so check it. Everyone who have this problem try that program, choose which server u will use and enjoy in game. :3 btw u will see msg "Trial users will disconnect every 20 min..." lol dunno but i play now over 3h and nuth happen :D
  • Options
    liquessenliquessen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When I got the game some weeks ago, it worked perfectly. Then, for some reason, it started giving me trouble every time I zoned. It's been like this for two weeks now and getting thoroughly on my nerves.
    -Starting it in safe mode worked for a while, but it also started up the game with the lowest graphics possible.
    -Disabling windows firewall seemed to have worked but it's damned scary to leave my firewall off.
    -Windows firewall does allow the game to bypass its security, which is weird, since it runs perfectly if I disable it.
    -I did turn off the patch-on-demand feature a long time ago, but that didn't help with my issue at all.
    -Yes, I did look through this thread, but if there is advice for handling my specific problem, I have missed that post, sorry :(

Help?

Edit: Actually, disabling the firewall didn't help. Darn.
  • Options
    baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2014
    i am waiting for a community mod to come on and say
    1. its not a problem on cryptic part
    2. blame and contact your internet provider
    3. we are not having any of these problems just a little game delay while logging out
    4. its cogento not our server

please its time to take the blame on your self . and fix your server , mem leaks or what ever is causing this . listen to the community and fix there problems because of them you run this game and sell zen . if most of them have to keep going through this they will move on . sorry for being harsh but everything has its limits and its about time to make us enjoy this game without lag , server not respondings and i love that you all work hard on giving new content and new items , but whats the use of it when you dont fix the server issues
  • Options
    baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2014
    another question i have is do the proxy server thing really work ..... ????eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com with 0 lag and on eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com laggy like hell ? is not same server game? why 1 work bad and 2 work fine?why is ours fault?
  • Options
    nekromaniak666nekromaniak666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 94
    edited August 2014
    Well sadly i joined this group today.
    Server not response, disconnected, cannot connect to login server, timed out, etc...
    Looks like i can play (or switch chars) for one minute, then another one minute is laggy as hell or getting problems which i wrote before and so on.
    It all started around/after 10pm GMT+1 (08-28-2014). Now is 0:40am GMT+1 and the game is still unplayable.
    Also as i remember i got same problem some time ago (really not sure, two or three weeks ago), but what i remember it all started in same time like today - around/after 10pm GMT+1 and the game was unplayable for next few hours so i went to bed and in the morning everything was fine.

Also EVERYDAY when i am switching between chars on my account (15 chars) i am mostly logged off during switching and must log in again and again. My internet is working fine, also tested another online games and everything was fine, but your game was unplayable.

If you need to know more info, just write me PM, i would like to get fixed this problem as soon as possible. Thank you.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, also during whole day with random periods of time i am unable to get into forum or any other Cryptic´s sites. Looks like whole Cryptic´s domain is offline. These times are random, sometimes i cant access forum for longer period of time, sometimes for shorter period of time. During the time when i cant get into Cryptic´s site is game normaly playable but also i couldnt get into forum when my issue occured.
    [SIGPIC]Hellsing[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    floydrosefloydrose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I haven't been on in a while, but wanted to play now that I have some free time. Tried several times to play, but I can't, I get 'server not responding'. So i turned off the on demand patching, and it did a big patch download, and then whenever i tried to login I got disconnected from the server.

Game unplayable.
    My eyes are small but they have seen the beauty of enormous things.
  • Options
    gweekuongweekuon Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Fast forward a year, and this is still a problem .
    Most horrible type of game , addictive and disgusting to play without being able to kill even one **** zombie or stay on for more than 5 seconds . A year later and the same problem is still occurring so frequently , is this just being ignored????? I;m so frustrated right now, I've failed wolf den for 6 times already, please just solve this bloody issue
  • Options
    needletracks#4454 needletracks Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gweekuon wrote: »
    Fast forward a year, and this is still a problem .
    Most horrible type of game , addictive and disgusting to play without being able to kill even one **** zombie or stay on for more than 5 seconds . A year later and the same problem is still occurring so frequently , is this just being ignored????? I;m so frustrated right now, I've failed wolf den for 6 times already, please just solve this bloody issue

Yep... I had no idea what people were talking about with this issue until yesterday. I kept thinking: 'maybe they need better systems', but that is mostly untrue. I play BF4 without lag, Star Wars without lag, Plant Side2 without a bit of lag, ESO without lag, and all on 10/14 just to test it. Go into a dungeon here and get "server not responding" messages. Then it started happening in the outside areas. Then I started to randomly slingshot back 20 or 30 feet while running. When I see how early this problem started and it is still continuing on 10/14/2014, I get mad as hell. This is a really fun game to me, but is completely unplayable with that issue. My friend asked me about the game this morning (thinking about playing), I told him the game has great potential but definitely avoid it for now... The server issues are way too frustrating to tolerate.
  • Options
    machinex9machinex9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would post the image here, but the image is too large.

I did all the fixes listed in the thread, from disabling on-demand patching, changing proxies, force-verifying...

It still happens where I will receive the error for no less than 45 seconds to (now) all the way up to 290 seconds of "server not responding" Nearly five minutes of frozen-up lag in between one to three seconds of gameplay. I contacted tech support over six months ago with no reply, and then took a six month break hoping that weekly patches would fix the break. It still hasn't.

The oddest thing, though, I could still chat during these spikes all the way up until I hit 260 seconds. It's about time something was done about this.

Also, this only happens to me on Cryptic games.
  • Options
    dr00medr00me Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This never used to happen for me i have had the issue for about 2 months now. Somedays it is fine ( playable, never fully gone ) Seems like something a game in this day and age could avoid rather easily. Nothing worse than rubber banding in mobs or in PVP. May have to set the game down until it is fixed. That is an omonous feeling however since some issues instantly come to mind that i have been erking over for about a year and a half.
  • Options
    kynejorrvaskrkynejorrvaskr Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Keeps on happening to me as well. To the point that it's impossible in waiting on a dragon since I keep getting disconnected when there's about 1min-30secs left then getting logged into a 10+min instance. ****ing fix this ****.
  • Options
    kristlfox1kristlfox1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    same problem here. also on dragon server. During the day no probs at all. every evening (CET) server not responding... -->and even the browser login to legends of swordcoast is so bad working<--. i tried everything on my side. all tips from the net.. porting everything through firewall and router, set down graphics so i have max load of 35% cpu and gpu. routers protocol sais everythings fine. yesterday i checked the ping via ping plotter.. 100% packages lost in some ip's. the problem so i think now can't be on users side. never had such problems with ay mmo before. nice game but such a bad performance.. don't they get enough money from zen sop to set up a good server? hope they can fix it.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kristlfox1 wrote: »
    same problem here. also on dragon server. During the day no probs at all. every evening (CET) server not responding... -->and even the browser login to legends of swordcoast is so bad working<--. i tried everything on my side. all tips from the net.. porting everything through firewall and router, set down graphics so i have max load of 35% cpu and gpu. routers protocol sais everythings fine. yesterday i checked the ping via ping plotter.. 100% packages lost in some ip's. the problem so i think now can't be on users side. never had such problems with ay mmo before. nice game but such a bad performance.. don't they get enough money from zen sop to set up a good server? hope they can fix it.

That loss that you are getting is not something they could fix. You could give cryptic all the money for a server that they could dream of and that kind of thing can't be fixed as it's not something they're doing.