test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hot Topics of Early 2014! Stand up. Make a Better Neverwinter.

Comments

• chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Member Posts: 2,617 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    I feel like one more stat to have to gear for, and another full set of gear you'll have to keep on hand and enchant if you play both styles, was a bit of a step backward. I also think the leaver penalty is good in theory, but in practice can sometimes punish people who are having issues with lag or server disconnects. I expect this might get addressed down the road.

2. PvP Before and After.

Mostly pve, some pvp. I used to split it 50/50, but I've had lag recently. I can maybe get a single match in before a random disconnect forces me out of the queue for an hour.

3. The Foundry.
    Put simply, the more customization for mobs and maps you give the creators, the better it will be for the community.

4. The Rotation.
    Truthfully, I'm not really in a position to comment on this right now. It hasn't really effected me yet.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    I've yet to buy anything significant in the cash shop here, because it's *horribly* overpriced. I dropped like 5 bucks on zen to convert to diamonds early on, but that's as far as it's gone. I've dumped a few grand on Champions, though, so I don't feel bad about this. I'd buy mounts, definitely, if they were a little cheaper. I'd probably never buy cosmetic stuff, barring maybe dyes.

6. Icewind Dale.
    Pvp campaign? Hell yeah. A new ranger path? Awesome, if done right. Endgame advancement? Every mmo needs it. As for what I'm not caring much about? Black Ice concerns me, I worry that it's going to be another activity that turns into an irl money sink.

7. 2 New Classes & Class Update.
    Warlock, because we could use a dpser/debuffer and a little more control would be a great thing. Assuming that's a definite? Bard, because another healer class that can second as a controller would be *amazing*, and Monk has always been my favorite dnd class. The changes I'd make would be unpopular. I'd dial back CW and GWF a tad, dps wise. I'd bump up the dps on GF a bit, bring TR and HR dps up quite a bit. TR is all damage, and should justifiably be the hardest hitter in game. HR just overall needs a bit of a boost, especially to the hybrid playstyle.

8. Character Progression.
    Nah, I think it's cool as it is. Up the xp required to level too much, and the game just becomes a dull grind. Right now you've got a ton of options about leveling, and I think it's great. Upping the xp required would also have the effect of nuking replayability a bit, since right now there's no freaking way you're seeing all of the game the first or second time through.

9. What's the most fun you had...

Honestly? Sitting around just BSing with friends and guildmates, not to mention friends in the other Cryptic MMOS, since we share chat channels. Heck, often as not the games serve more as an avatar chat than an mmo, and I think that's great.

10. #1 feature.

Do you think we can maybe get a few more random currencies going? We've got gold, diamonds, zen, seals of all shapes and sizes... What the hell kind of economy works like that? The fact that every zone has its own seal, seemingly, that you can never farm enough of to do anything useful just annoys the hell out of me. That's not even to mention the fact that gold seems to have like no purpose whatsoever, which is backward from every fantasy mmo ever created.

Bonus: ONE THING.

In Champions, my original Cryptic home, we had build buttons. The irony here? We didn't have builds. It basically just swapped your gear and active powers, which was useless for us most of the time, as we could use all of our powers and you didn't really need multiple sets of gear. Here, where such a button would be the bee's knees? Nothing. Hell, let's take this idea a bit farther: Sell, for a moderate price, a dual spec function. Most other mmos offer em, and it'd be *really* nice to have (for example) a raid build and a farm build. Or a PVE build and a PVP build.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • solfeamsolfeam Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I like the PVP Patch very much, espescially the matchmaking & leaver penalties

50% PVP 50% PVE

I would like to have more options for setting up the difficulty of my foundry quests, it takes me very long to set the difficulty of every single monster depending on a introducing dialog

i don't like items for which you have to be lucky
    in would spend my AD/Zen for companions (which have nice effects & look well), bags, char slots

like: PVE content, new equip
    dislike: open PVP area, in which you have to go to gain certain items (better: additional PVE zone for these Items or only open PVP Zone for fun)

-

i think fast leveling is good to participate on all contens of neverwinter -> nothing to change

i love to play foundries (also with others)

the foundry

Bonus:
    the foundry
  • bugg623bugg623 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    I will enjoy PvPing as I level up other toons now thanks to the rare PvP gear.

2. PvP Before and After.
    d. PvE mostly, dabble in PvP. I've been enjoying it more lately, however and plan on doing a lot more.

3. The Foundry.
    The loot in the Foundry needs some love. Player created loot? Epic foundry drops?

4. The Rotation.
    I'm apprehensive about the key system, but eager to see how it plays out.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    I buy respec coins, some must have companions, keys, and mounts. I won't buy something I could get in the auction house for cheaper. :)

6. Icewind Dale.
    New area to explore. Potentially a new campaign or boons? I'm excited about all of it.

Well, we're lacking on Controllers and Leaders. So I'd choose Shaman (controller) and Druid (leader) and since we're on a nature hike with those two classes already, I'd probably do something with the Ranger class. Maybe a paragon path or something.

As a cleric I felt I was able to enjoy side content as well as the main storyline with no problems.

Running Epic Pirate King with 4 clerics and a wizard.

10. #1 feature.
    While I've barely dipped my toes in it myself, I love the idea of the foundry and hope to be published some day.

moar cats
  • bulletdancerbulletdancer Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    do not pvp, so don't care.

2. PvP Before and After.

100% PVE. Will never play pvp, if its forced i will move to a different game.

3. The Foundry.
    I like the idea, just wish there where more controls, timers, traps. need to find a new, and better way for story boarding. and could use a more intuitive UI. an asset database table, would help.
    oh and more buildings, and building styles. i would also love a wiki set up just for founders.

4. The Rotation.
    This is my biggest gripe, and more than once almost left the game because i can't get into a dungeon delve.
    the problem, is you have so many dungeons, and the player base is splintered over all of them, so one week everyone wants to do velndra's, when i need say dread vault epic2. hate waiting in queu for 30 minutes, just to miss by 1 minute because i wasn't matched fast enough. It also feels like GG is always up, i do not GG yet, havn't learned it, there is still other dungeons i have yet to even get into. its not worth doing dungeons unless DD is up for the end chest.
    also, pugging is murder in your dungeons, i've gone and spent 30 gold in pots, for an hour and a half, did not get one single friggen drop, NOT ONE, not even a **** enchant or rune. just to uterly fail at final boss, and team drops out. so i waisted MY time, on an un winable, unfun experience because your dungeons are murder on pugs.
    its one thing to have a challenge for the "elites" but for casual players, just trying to earn their way to good gear and pugging there way through, its not fun, and really will drive people like me away.
    consdiering your end game content is the dungeons its not pug friendly.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    well, i love the game, this is the very first F2P game i have ever spent money in, $50 in cash, plus some from surveys (great system). i will not spend money on anything like keys or random chance items, waist of money. love the mounts, and companions. also more customization for our characters clothes, hair, glasses. i would also like customization for mounts, like choice of saddles and tack, or skins for the cats and horses.
    (items for my housing, furniture, wall hanging, rugs) hint hint!!

6. Icewind Dale.
    love Icewind dale, though i am concerned and weary of any pvp, any at all, and this makes me feel like YOU guys are pushing pvp.

new classes, first would be beast master, and necromancer. both are iconic, and both would add strategic element that is not currently in the game.
    class update
    GWF to tanky for how much damage he does.
    CW to much damage for the amount of battlefield control they have.

i like the fact that progression was fast, until i hit lvl 60, now it just feels like a grind fest for very little reward.

getting into a dungeon with guild actually made it fun, and semi worth it. but, still have bitter taste trying to actually get into a DD.

10. #1 feature.
    player housing, give us something to work with and decorate, invite our friends over for tea time.
    customizable mounts, mounted combat.

wide open areas for us just to farm for new epics, not dungeons, open wide mountainous terrain that we farm all day trying to win epics with random monsters.
  • balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".

Good fix, but it's still need some balance between class, it seems that CW and DC class have a lot of powers broken with armor penetrations and that is a huge problem mainly against armored class for PVP.

2. PvP Before and After.

c. 50%-50% PvE - It's moore slow, but it doesn't affect the pleasure to pvp and the game play.

3. The Foundry.

You should greatly increase the rewards for running foundry, by using seals for example to claim some usefull goodies.

4. The Rotation.

Rotation is not a problem for me, the key system could be a good idea for people with a short playtime but it depends on the system . . .

5. Neverwinter is F2P.

Nothing, but Neverwinter have a huge weakness, there is absolutely no guild love in this game, guild hall, ships, fortress, those are the only things i could think about concerning money.

6. Icewind Dale.

i m mainly interested by what you called 10-12 PVE fight encounters, for me it's a good test to see the dev's imagination about new tactics.

The monk of course ^^, but it's a striker class and we have enough for now, i presume that a leader class or a new defender class will be moore interesting.
    We are playing heroes, where are the paladins? ^^

Balance updates.

Fix the armor penetrations for CW and DC for all powers.

You must revamp completely the tanking mechanics for the GF or at least make some boss encounters where the GF is absolutely necessary.

Fix the perma stealth build allowing to solo fight bosses, something is wrong and you know it.

Make a difference between magical dammage and physical dammage for the class should contribute to give you more keys to balance all the game, pve and pvp.

For me all is fine, if you plan to raise the level or to allow some progression by xp without a level up system, you can clearly make that moore slowly.
    You can also imagine a resurection system giving small bonus to increase the life time of your game for people who like to level again the same character.

I like the combat system, for me it's a great source of enjoyement.

10. #1 feature.

Ok for me the new pet's system allowing some passive bonus is a great idea for us but also for you.

If you are logical, it seems obvious that this game have absolutely no guild love, so if your plan is to have a great game for years you must plan to give us something to make a strong community of players.

I give you one idea.

Neverwinter is a sword coast city, so what do you think about a future module refering to the sea and the absolute pleasure to own a guild boat to explore the isles with our guidmates.
    We have a ton of profession allowing us to construct a boat or at least to gather some ressources to build it.
    You can adds a lot of features around boats in game or in the zen market. (models, customization, emblems)

And of course NPC pirates encounters our even guild boats fight it will be awsome ^^.

Thank you.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Copy/Paste Ballot:

1. The "PvP Patch".

Meh, New maps would have made me more excited.

2. PvP Before and After.

d. PvE mostly, dabble in PvP.

Will get one piece of gear to change appearance to on my character and that's it.

3. The Foundry.

Better rewards even if it's .0005% of getting an epic items it should be there.

4. The Rotation.

The keys will fix the rotation issues but Guilds needs some love; Halls, donations, etc.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.

I buy respec tokens and such. Prices need to be lowered for: Coalescent Wards, Profession asset packs.

6. Icewind Dale.

Icewind Dale has been overdone and Akar Kessell's wight is not a great antagonist.

Bard and Paladin, as for the changes traps need to be meaningful, need to be a profession and player can craft traps that only rogue can use.

Quest, especialy those rewarding unique Item should not be level lock. Progression is so fast with foundry and leadership profession you can miss out easily.

I allways have fun.

10. #1 feature.

Handling of exploiters and community communication about such matters would make me stop in a heartbeat once I reach my boiling point. Forum Moderations is a close second.

More professions.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".

I actually dont like the patch that much (except the leaver penalty). I never really saw that much problem with the way it was. sometimes i got unbalanced teams or ran up against a guild team but even if it was a slaughter it only took 10 minutes. it wasn't a big problem.

2. PvP Before and After.

Didn't spend a lot of time. Usually only pvp'd to get the daily quests done and gain glory during the arena event. I would expect to spend the same amount of time doing so now if the queue would actually pop. since it seems to take much much longer to get into the pvp it will likely only end up being half or a third of the matches.

3. The Foundry.

N/a dont really use foundry so I am not sure.

4. The Rotation.

Rotation seems fine to me as I never really experienced inaction while leveling. i am looking forward to the key system as long as it isn't a total cash sink

5. Neverwinter is F2P.

I am pretty much free to play only having bought a few keys with some gift cards

6. Icewind Dale.

- new zones
    - pvp campaign sounds like it would be fun
    - new epics

-The 2 new classes i would like are Warlock and some sort of leader class to replace the healing slot of the cleric. ie bard, shaman, warlord etc

update - increase the viability of TR for epic dungeons (especially the higher ones). All you ever see is spam looking for more CW's, DC and GWF's. Because TR's are for the most part single enemy damage they are not in demand and its tough to get teams.

The only reason i would see to increase the xp needed is to allow characters to actually be able to run the skirmishes and dungeons of the appropriate tier without stopping of the other quests. I nearly outleveled every zone before I got to the end of the quest line.

Running content with my guild mates

10. #1 feature.

The one feature that i like is the setting of the game. FR is by far my favorite realm for DND

Bonus:

better odds for the RNG.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch" - Who cares.

2. PvP Before and After. - 100% PVE only, and due to crazy playing times, and poor experiences with PUG's, I only Solo, or occasionally get one other to help with a particularly hard PVE "Solo" Dungeon.

3. The Foundry. - Please add the ability for Developers to add one each of the Craft Nodes and one Chest each, which is on par with every single regular game dungeon. This will allow the developers to be creative in hiding them, and will allow those who want to play second and third characters, to stick only to Foundry content, and still get the materials for crafting too.

4. The Rotation. - Who cares. Not a member of a Guild for the reasons mentioned in #2 above.

5. Neverwinter is F2P. - I have paid for Bags of Holding, Keys and Character Slots. I would pay for Companions, Mounts, Mount and Companion Upgrades, and Fashion accessories if they were cheaper. Especially if they had a Wardrobe you could buy for Fashion items, and a Stable for Mounts, and they didn't eat up inventory space in your bag if you have more than the one you are using. One final thing I would pay for, is augmentations for your Companions and Mounts that would let you deck them out Livery and equipment that matches your characters.

6. Icewind Dale. - Besides the new Dungeon Content. I would like to see another Class (Paladin or Bard), another Race (Gnomes or Aasimar), a new Companion and a New Mount.

7. 2 New Classes & Class Update. - New Classes: Paladin and Bard Class Updates: New Paragon Paths for each of the existing classes.

8. Character Progression. - Decreasing by half or one third even, the experience given for quests and removing it completely for Invocations would be a start. As it is now, you cannot progress through all the existing content before out leveling areas. Though, I would add "Quest Completion" exp for Foundry Quests, like all the in game ones have. This will also allow the use of Crafting to help your character advance. At the current rates of progression, you cannot help your character in the least, until you make 60th level.

9. What's the most fun you had... - One of the Well written Foundry Adventures I ran in, that had plot, counter plot, side plots and intrigue.

10. #1 feature. - I like: Graphics - Gives the feel of a PnP game, without the cartoony characters of other games. Dislike: Crafting is too limited. Only Leadership and to a much lesser extent Alchemy are worth getting to max level. Additionally, many of the Rare and Uncommon Materials have no real use ever, and just eat up inventory space. The crafts should be interdependent on things made form other crafts. Chain Links, Leather and/or cloth tunics for Armor. Alchemical alterations of Common, Uncommon and Rare materials to make Very Rare items needed for the best crafted items. Why a Plate Shirt and Plate Pants are worn under a Plate Armor and Plate Greaves is beyond me. They kind of got it close with the reinforced Guantlets. But they could do much more, and allow reinforcing of all armor parts, utilizing Alchemical and Artisanship of crafting materials to do so.

Bonus: ONE THING. - I will reiterate #10. Interdependency of Crafting Professions and Goods along with better utilization of the Crafting Materials gained, instead of just Dragon Eggs.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".

As someone who's here primarily for the D&D related nature of the game and the FR lore, I don't PVP and in all honesty think it would be more true to the D&D roots if PVP didn't even exist in this game. As such, I can't say that all these PVP changes/additions mean anything to me personally.

Having said that, since PVP is part of the game, some developer love for the PVPers is probably overdue.

2. PvP Before and After.

Pretty much a (100% pve). I burned out on the mmo pvp crowd many years ago.

3. The Foundry.

I am really astounded that this aspect of the game has not been given more attention. To me, the Foundry is what sets this game apart from other mmos and should be given the highest priority by the development staff. Better tools for authors, better selection of enemies (including bosses!), better search tools for users, and (perhaps most importantly) a way of making Foundry quests more rewarding than just cranking out dailies -- all things that I would love to see implemented sooner rather than later.

4. The Rotation.

I'm OK with the current system, so no real feedback to offer here.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.

Small zen items that I use the most would be services like respecs, extra character slots, etc., or vanity items like dyes. However, I tend to just convert AD for these. The companion sales are what typically make me break out the real money.

6. Icewind Dale.

As stated above, I don't care at all about the pvp stuff. Really hoping for a good pve campaign and a good use of the lore, but there hasn't been a lot of info on the pve stuff leaked out yet. Hopefully some fun (and more challenging) lairs, and some "northern themed" items, mounts and companions would be fun.

7. 2 New Classes & Class Update. While I personally want nothing more than to have gnome illusionists added to the game, the two classes that I think would enhance NW the most would be Bard and Druid. Both are iconic D&D classes with long histories, and since we only have one healer and one controller currently, they would both add variety to a role that is currently limited in style.

As for changes to existing classes, I think the biggest need is to create a level of necessity for some of the roles. As of right now, single target dps, tanking, and even healing all become fairly meaningless if you have enough control and aoe. Design encounters where this isn't the case, and all of a sudden GF, TR, and to a lesser extent DC, will become relevant again.

I have felt since leveling my first character in beta that the leveling speed is far too fast. This is the only game I've ever played where I have to strategically plan in order to slow down my leveling.

Probably running Foundry campaigns. The creativity of some of the authors is impressive and experiencing a variety of stories told in different voices tends to enhance the D&Dness of my NW experience.

10. #1 feature.

I don't know that I have one thing that will make or break me in either direction. I'll say Foundry in that if it is given the necessary level of love, it has the potential to keep me here regardless of what else happens. But some of those things I mentioned under #3 need to come to fruition first.

Gnome illusionists!!!!
  • thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Great thread aandre, but one thing seems to be missing -- your own answers. What are the big man's thoughts on the direction of NW?
  • faelinnefaelinne Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    PVP Patch
    Not really excited about it since I mostly play PvE. I am even less excited about this patch because it's made it difficult to queue in Gauntlgrym.

PvP Before and After
    The patch will not affect my current habits because I really don't care much for PvP period, and the patch has made the Gauntlgrym PvP daily quests a bigger chore than it was before since the changes that have affected the queue.

The Foundry
    I would do two things to spur interest: 1. Decrease minimum time for Foundry quests to be eligible for daily Foundry from 15 minutes to 10 minutes. 2. In the Foundry catalog, allow players to sort quests by average time to complete the quests. Some people like to get their daily Foundry quests done quickly, others like to alternate between longer and shorter quests, and some people like to play long quests. Give us a way to find our preferences quickly and easily.

The Rotation
    I like it as it stands; however I am interested to see how we get the keys in the key system and how the key system will work overall. Personally I am glad that the delves events will still be taking place since it will allow those of us who play one dungeon multiple times during the delves event the chance to gear up.

Neverwinter is F2P
    I've bought a mount, respec tokens, and bank slots when they were on sale. I may be willing to pay for fashion, coalescent wards, and companions when they are on sale; however, I will never buy those life scrolls.

Online Ranked Siren Backlash
    I really don't know enough about the new content to say what I'm looking forward to. I'm interested in seeing exactly what plans Cryptic has for level 60 players in this new module.

New Classes and Current Class Enhancements
    A "Baldur's Gate" style cleric with the ability to dual wield like a TR except with blunt weapons and the ability to cast DoT spells that poison or curse enemies. I can't think of another class right now. For class enhancements... For one, give us a couple more Encounter slots. Second, I'd give HRs the ability to equip daggers for hand-to-hand fighting whenever they need it instead of limiting their ability to do so. You could limit the amount of damage they can do with daggers in close range fighting rather than limiting their ability to use daggers.

Neverwinter is Social fare
    The most fun I've had is in Dread Vault when the rest of my party died and my partner (a TR) and I (a DC) beat the second sub-boss and the main boss alone. We tried a couple of times with the party that we had, and the other members didn't really have a clue about how to beat the boss (despite our efforts to explain to them). We just decided that we had enough, and went for it; I'm still suprised that we managed to do it.

Character Progression
    That's a slippery slope that you are playing with here... Increase the amount of experience needed to get to the next level enough to keep things interesting, but not so much that it becomes a grind to increase in levels and discourage players. However, I managed to hit level 60 pretty easily even though I didn't run many Foundry quests during the Foundry event.

Feature/Concern or Like
    One concern of mine is the 20-player quests (I think they are called "World Bosses" in PWI). I didn't like PWI, and don't want this to become more like PWI and less like what it is now. I really like the fact that this game isn't a "pay-to-win" game, and will keep playing it (and supporting the game when I can) if it remains a true F2P game.

Bonus Question
    Automatically assign guilds to a side in Gauntlgrym; this will help out Gauntlgrym's PvP queue immensely!!!
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. Tenacity - why is this needed? Because 6k GS can't handle 15k GS? Of course not, let ELO resolve this.
    Healing Depression - again, why can't ELO resolve this.
    Leaver Penalty - This seems to be done well
    Matchmaking - should work
    PVP Gear - oh yay, now we need 2 sets to properly play the entire game.

2. 50%-50% PvE - PvP on call classes prior to patch
    post patch, should be mostly the same, but not enough time to tell. DC is disappointing to me.

3. I like the Foundry and I want to make more than my single quickie quest, but I'd rather play the game then make a quest.

4. I like all the daily "events" except maybe Foundry as I don't really run many of these quests anymore. I think Key's are nice, but I think this will just thin the available players for running Dungeons...especially for people who limit their groups to say the Legit channel...like me.

5. I have bought a 110% horse because I wanted the speed and they are cheaper than the more fantastical mounts.
    Bags and Fashion outfits are the only thing I can think of I might buy if cheaper

6. New stuff in general. I am interested in a PVP Area and the Icewind Dale area.

8. Lower XP from invoking and lower xp from PVP matches.
    9. All my guildmates have pretty much quit, so joining Legit NW Community even when there was only 100 members was awesome!
    10. Neverwinter seems to be on a continuous path to lock more and more things, that are almost a neccessity, harder and harder to get for the average player.

Bonus Question: Zone bosses that require more than 5 players....maybe 20 or so to kill.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    I'm not interested in any PVP that involves yet another gear grind.

2. PvP Before and After.
    See 1.

3. The Foundry.
    Doesn't give me any rewards, so I don't use it.

4. The Rotation.
    The current system gives the game control over what guilds should do when. I'm glad it's being taken out for dungeons, so guilds can schedule so it caters to its members.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    Stones.

6. Icewind Dale.
    Always interested to see new PVE content, but mostly would like to see more interesting dungeons.

Instead of touching classes, I'd be more interested in dungeons where all classes are needed.

Nice and quick. Fine with me, since I"m only interested in end game. Storyline is the same for every class, so, done it once, not interested in doing it again.

Doing a new dungeon for the first time.

10. #1 feature.
    CW/GWF is all that's needed, which is starting to bore me.

Revisit dungeons (see 7).
  • rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".

Does not entice/interest me as a whole, but that being said balance is never a bad thing.

2. PvP Before and After.

100% PvE atm and i do not see it changing in the future.

3. The Foundry.

No endgame incentive so i don't use it these days.

4. The Rotation.

As an unguilded player, the rotation encourages pugs, and on the flip side the rotation encourages pugs.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.

In the past i have purchased virtually everything from the cash shop from mounts and companions to bags and bank slots, even keys(by the hundreds). Whenever there is a pack worth while (not the hunter/ranger booster pack) available i will purchase it. Now and into the future however i will only purchase packs, no keys or micro transactions as i feel that over time they are devalued much more then a pack.

6. Icewind Dale.

Three things i am looking for in mod 3:
    1)new class(warlock)
    2)100% PvE boon grind
    3)better enhancement system

2 new classes:

1) WARLOCK
    2) Paladin

Class update:
    Make dungeons all 1 class per 5 man dungeon run (to stop multi-class shenanigans)

8.Character Progression.

Leave it as is as no one likes artificial difficulty.

Skirmishes as they don't require autistic levels of time commitment.

10. #1 feature.

WARLOCK (due to its continued lack of in game appearance you are about to loose my continued attention to D3:RoS's impending release).

Solo dungeons for endgame content and T 2.5 gear.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thebriman wrote: »
    Great thread aandre, but one thing seems to be missing -- your own answers. What are the big man's thoughts on the direction of NW?

Haha. Thought noone would ask! I rarely ever answer my own poll questions, however for a poll based on bettering the game we all love, what harm could come of it?

I think I'll wait a few days since great ideas of the community are still flowing. I'd also like to pick a time I can really think of and craft some good answers.

Stay tuned!!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    That's the reason I tend to hold back my answers.

Any poll started by a green name, myself included, I try to wait a while before posting my opinion; if I ever do.
    Our voices can always be heard if we want. We make these threads so the community can voice their opinions.
  • frozenflame22frozenflame22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch". - I'm happy to see the changes because it seems to balance things. Can't say that I'm excited since I don't like PVP and don't intend to try it out.

2. PvP Before and After. "A" before and "A" after.

3. The Foundry. Better tutorial for getting started - I found it way too intimidating with too much of a learning curve. Allow players to design items/placeables/etc. to be added to the Neverwinter code - this could be done on a very limited basis such as part of a contest to avoid taking too much time for vetting new content. Make it worthwhile to build longer modules - most modules stink because the players rarely will do a longer than 15 minute foundry quest.

4. The Rotation. I'm in a huge international very casual guild and we have no problem with the rotation. If people are online then they do whatever stuff is up in the rotation. We rarely schedule stuff in advance because of the difficulty in planning for the rotation, so I think having keys will help immensely. If keys are as in Sharandar where you get one free key per day, then I think we will have more participation in planned events, but if all keys must be bought then we'll not likely use them.

5. Neverwinter is F2P. I absolutely won't pay for the $199 and $69 packs - way way too expensive for too little benefit. I would pay for additional races if it was offered separately and not for too much (no more than 2000 zen). Most companions are too expensive for me. I wish coalescent wards were cheaper - won't buy them at current price. Character slots, renaming, and respec all seem to be priced well.

6. Icewind Dale. Really excited about new boons, crafting with Black Ice, and more storyline stuff. I'm intrigued by the mixed PVP/PVE but as I said earlier, I really hate PVP so I'm worried about how this will turn out.

7. 2 New Classes & Class Update. New classes: Monk and Psionist. Class change: reduce aggro on Ranger when using archery - there's no reason why a monster would break combat with the dude in front of him to charge a Ranger. If an arrow comes out of nowhere, then it should take the target a little while to figure out where it is coming from. Actually I'd cut the aggro generated by ranged attacks in half, regardless of the class generating them.

8. Character Progression. I'm split on this one. On my first character I thought the experience was too generous and was annoyed when I outleveled areas. Now that I'm on my 3rd character, I just want things to go faster. Perhaps there should be slower progression for first characters but a way to increase the leveling speed for subsequent characters once the player has at least one level 60 character.

9. What's the most fun you had... Being able to run though the main game content and end game PVE with my husband after the kids are put to bed.

10. #1 feature. Guild content - there needs to be more opportunities for guild bonding, including perhaps a guild base.

Bonus: ONE THING. Reduce the aggro on Ranger ranged attacks!
    edited March 2014
    Be heard Neverwinter! Say it LOUDER!! We must inspire fear in evil! Quiet tales of hamsters are foolish, but a man and his hamster that tear evil limb from limb? That's scary!

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    I don't really PVP so the changes won't affect me much.

2. PvP Before and After.
    I tried PVP when I was leveling and it was fun at first, but I really didn't know what to do or how to take the points or whatever and then I just stopped. I've been meaning to try it again for the artifact, especially Gauntlgrym PVP, but now I would need two sets of gear and that discourages me. I don't mind getting beaten but I'm afraid people are gonna get mad at me for doing PVP with just my PVE gear.

Playtime currently 100% PvE .

3. The Foundry.
    I do it for the dailies only, because there is no other incentive to run foundries. The rewards are too little for level 60 character that does not need the EXP. I know there's probably some amazing content out there, but I have a limited playtime and prefer to use it on something with actual rewards. Maybe add some rough AD or enchantments to the end chest depending on the character's level, allow adding skill nodes to the foundries.

4. The Rotation.
    I like the rotation in theory. In practice, I can only make DD on Tuesdays night and maybe on weekends. There's no point in running dungeons without a DD, but the keys should help with that, if they're not too expensive. I hope there's at least some free every day and you can collect them like the dark fey keys.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    I probably won't pay real money but I'm saving up AD to buy an account wide mount one day (although I'd much rather upgrade my winter horse if it weren't so ridiculously expensive) and maybe more character slots. I'll probably never buy fashion items.

6. Icewind Dale.
    I'm very excited! I hope I won't be forced to PVP, but I'm looking forward to new areas and new Hunter Ranger paragon path. Also I'm very curious about level 60 XP use and cautiously optimistic about the new profession, hopefully it won't be completely useless without the purple assets like most of the others professions.

I'd like to see paladin and swordmage. About current classes, I would reduce the aggro from ranged attacks and add special things that only a particular class could do, like maybe HR could harvest wild plants for profession resources or find a trail of some animal that can then be tracked and when killed gives a reward of profession resources or enchantments. TR could maybe pick pockets of townspeople (not players) and sometimes get a reward and sometimes the guards would be called.

I wouldn't mess with the current character progression because that would make a lot of people angry. Maybe an option to turn off exp from invoking would help. I have one character that I only play with my friends and I invoke every day for the seven day coffer, but they don't and and I've outleveled them by 8 levels now which makes it difficult to run dungeons together.

Completing a new dungeon is fun. Doing CTA with my guild group was really fun.

10. #1 feature.
    Nothing bothers me enough to walk away right now, I love the game for its D&D connection.

I would reduce the prices of some things, like coal wards, mount training tokens, companion upgrades.
  • kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    I only do PVE so not interested, although if its better for the overall game, then cool.

2. PvP Before and After.
    As answer 1.

3. The Foundry.
    Lots of potential, just needs some stuff, like better rewards etc.

4. The Rotation.
    Sounds ok I think, we shall see.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    Hope it stays that way.

6. Icewind Dale.
    Excited about the new PVE content.

No real wants, will try anything new.

Its ok I think, maybe could be a bit slower.

First time I rolled a Dwarf GWF. :D

10. #1 feature.
    Only lack of new content would force me away,
    but with new content coming as it is, I will stay.

Pick up pets please.

:)
  • venom0619venom0619 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. No
    2. Its nice that PVP gear is easier to get, however:
    Tenacity is a requirement now, so prepare to be useless for 20 games as more people get geared. (Tenacity is still just a broken stat)
    Team balancing is still worthless 1 week in, but leaver penalty still exists. People just disconnect to avoid penalty, or leave and do dailies.
    Adding a leaver penalty without examining WHY people leave is like killing the people, not the disease. Look at the original problem.
    GWFs even more overpowered... they can 2 hit people with even more defense with tenacity. DPS and even more tanky.
    Rogue stealth - still absolutely broken. Works for some, not for others.
    Ranger roots in pvp got a good nerf, not sure if its enough until I get more tenacity on my characters.
    Getting stuck in protectors enclave while team is in PVP match but cant join - still exists. Getting leaver penalty for leaving party even though I wasn't in the pvp match or allowed in.
    People still reporting they get 0 glory for matches - 15 minutes of wasted time (getting crushed) and they get nothing, BUT YOU BETTER NOT LEAVE. Just sit there for 15 minutes of the most boring gameplay of your life.

Any developers who have played any pvp games should already know about a "forfeit match" option, and that you should be rewarded for participation as well as performance. Team balancing can never be perfect, but make it bearable when its god vs ant. Add handicaps to make matches closer (but give other team bonus glory). Seriously its like you don't want people earning glory like its a super rare resource.

I wrote this all down weeks before the pvp patch was released, to not add a leaver penalty til these issues were addressed, but it was still added to the broken system. Causing a more infuriating experience for me and everyone else.

3-10 dont care in comparison to the above game breaking issues.
  • cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    Love it, for the most part. Tenacity I could take or leave I guess. I do find healing depression a bit annoying... it has the ironic effect of rendering the one artifact that can be acquired purely through PvP a whole lot less useful for PvPing.

2. PvP Before and After.
    PvE mostly, dabble in PvP

I do PvP more than I used to tho' - I started just to get the artifact, but even though I found a good match really enjoyable I wound up avoiding PvP after getting my 24k glory just because of the leavers. That's far less of a problem now. Some people get around the penalty by idling at the campfire, but at the very least there's some schadenfreude in knowing that they don't stand to gain by that behavior.

3. The Foundry.
    Give us the tools to make real boss fights - maybe even with a decent loot table or a boss chest, if you can figure out a way to get around the obvious exploitation potential that would have. Oh, and a full range of cosmetic options for NPCs would be nice. (Beards, anyone?)

4. The Rotation.
    Don't love it, don't hate it. Reserving judgment on the key system until we've got more details. I would love to see Gauntlgrym PvP open at all times tho'.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    I buy keys and preservation wards mostly. Anything else I want, I tend to wait for a sale. I guess the one thing I absolutely wouldn't pay for would be the early companion slot unlocks - I guess I'm just not that impatient. I do kinda resent having to buy bank space by the character rather than for the whole account, but I can live with it. What would I buy if it were cheaper.... coal wards maybe? But they'd have to be a lot cheaper.

I know it wasn't part of the question, but one thing I'd love to see added to the cash shop is some sort of unbinding token. Even if it just made character-bound items account-bound it'd be a godsend. :)

Oh, the other thing I'd never buy as it stands are appearance change tokens, purely because they make you start over from scratch (or so I'm told). If I could use my characters' current appearance as a starting point tho', I'd probably buy them in bulk just to be able to give my toons the occasional haircut. :o

6. Icewind Dale.
    The open PvP/PvE area(s) should be interesting. The one thing that concerns me there is the lack of any effective way to deal with griefers/exploiters. I don't even know if there's a report function.

Looking forward to new equipment (new skins especially), new artifacts, boons, and (hopefully) new weapon/armor enhancements - I was a little disappointed that the DR campaign didn't have any. And post-60 XP progression, which I'm hoping looks a lot like it did in Age of Conan. Black ice equipment... not so much. I'm kinda leery of any gear that isn't permanent.

Oh! And I'm hoping there's another whatchamacallit pack with this one - y'know, a Knight of the Feywild type of thing? I love account-wide stuff like that.

Paladin and avenger. More divine classes FTW! Plus, this game needs another "true" tank. (Since the avenger's a striker, I'd leave that one for later.) Balance changes... off the top of my head, I'd like to see (non-nature) rangers made a little less squishy, and I'd give wizard damage a pretty substantial nerf - they're meant to be controllers, not strikers. TR stealth needs to be nerfed too - quite simply, I don't think perma-stealth should be a thing. Their single-target DPS, on the other hand, deserves a buff. Especially the non-Duelist's Flurry at-wills.

No, the XP curve's fine where it is. What I would do, is make leveling like refinement, in that once you hit the threshold for the next level you have to actively choose to upgrade, and you can't put in any more RP until you do. If that were implemented for leveling, it'd be possible to stay at a given level as long as you like, see what there is to see, and once you're done move on and start progressing again. (Might only switch it on at level 15 or so tho', just to keep people from farming Blacklake Terror forever.)

Hmm... prob'ly just standing around in the boss room for an hour and a half after having finally beaten Syndryth for the very first time (with four other relative newbies no less), just catching our breath and shooting the breeze and generally being so frickin' happy we finally pulled it off. :)

10. #1 feature.
    I love, love, love the combat system. It makes the more "traditional" MMO model feel so **** clunky that I honestly don't think I could go back.

A way to quickly and easily switch powers. I don't mean in the middle of a fight (that would break the system) but something that works the way it works now, putting the swapped skill on a 10-second cooldown and all that - but all at once, with one keystroke. (I think most of the F# keys are still open... hint hint. ;))
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    I definitely like it. Not perfect but a good step in the right direction.

2. PvP Before and After.
    20% pvp 80% pve, because the daily grind is a bit forced upon us (daily solo grind and money in dungeons only).

3. The Foundry.
    If the rewards aren't there, content will not be played, it's as simple as that.

4. The Rotation.
    Keys won't change much. The dungeon delve event is the time people chose to play the dungeon content, even if they don't need the chests at the end. I'm not sure I like the current rotation, there are actually not enough "break" time with useless events between interesting events. I can't pvp because of the dungeon delves pre clear, and there's often only 40 mins left after the end of delve and the beginning of Gauntlgrym. I'd like a break to do my stuff sometimes. A pvp weekend or a gauntlgrym one would be great to alleviate the pressure and the feeling of having a work schedule.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    I bought a few pets. I will never buy coalescent wards, because selling gear score upgrades in the cash shop is IMO not right. I like mounts, costumes, but not something significantly improving my ability to play the game. This is the exact reason why I'm mostly boycotting the cash shop, while i'm pretty generous in normal circumstances.

6. Icewind Dale.
    PvP! PvP! I hope the new dungeon will be well designed, requiring healing (so heavy sustained damage is required) and tanking (big hits are required) with few controllable adds having lots of HP (no more CW gankfest on weak adds). What I am NOT looking forward is another solo grindfest full of kill 10 rats quests (aka "pve campaign").

I'd add a swordmage. Looks cool. Not sure what else I'd pick. I wouldn't change any class but the CW, adding target caps to all aoe spells, to stop 50 npcs pulls in dungeons. I would also change a core gameplay element, adding diminishing returns to debuffs, to make the gap between the top 10% players and the average guy less impressive, to make content fun, challenging, thus enjoyable, for everyone.

Yes definitely. Currently when I level up a new char I'm stepping away from low level pvp not to outlevel content.

Killing the spider queen before she transforms into a spider. That will sound silly to many people but it's actually a lot of fun.

10. #1 feature.
    Currently, the game is a faceroll. If the dev team don't stop making power creep without releasing truly harder content (and Valindra's Tower is a big fail in terms of challenge), I'll quit. What keeps me playing is the amazing combat system, but how long will it last?

Bonus:
    6 T3 dungeon and a new CN. With the same rewards design as the current T2s (unbound <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear fiestas, seals, T3 unbond drops from final bosses) but a lot harder with 13.5k requirements at the very least. To make people work a bit on their characters. Also see 7 (it will be a necessity to make that hypotetical T3 fun for everyone).
  • synaps4synaps4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    Mixed feelings. Matchmaking is good but I dislike the separation of PVP from PVE such that I have to PVP to get the PVP gear. Feels like you're making two separate competing games in the same world.

2. PvP Before and After.
    Playtime before: 90% PVE
    Playtime after: 100% PVE.
    Post lvl 60 there is still no role for less-geared people to contribute to PVP without being overpowered constantly. The impression I get is that I must lose repeatedly until I get good gear in order to PVP, which makes no sense, because that tells me my equipment is doing the work and skill has less to do with it than it should.

3. The Foundry.
    I am an active foundry maker, but I find there are no good reasons for players to play foundries. I am not optimistic anything I make will ever be played because it's a bad way to spend your time as a player. The rewards for doing it suck. If they do play it, they find the absolute shortest one that gives the foundry quest reward and do that over and over. The foundry desperately needs a STRONG incentive for lvl 60+ players to explore and spend significant time in foundries. Foundry rewards are way way way overnerfed. We should consider rewarding players with 5-10k AD and possibly random epic gear for spending an hour in foundries, to bring them more even with dungeons. Rather than simply having no good rewards for doing foundries, perhaps we could reward players for how close to the average amount of time they spent in the foundry. If a foundry takes most players 30 minutes, then the best rewards could be had for completing it in exactly that time, with less rewards if you do it faster or slower.

4. The Rotation.
    Rotation is not terrible. The key system will help out immensely. You don't want all the content available all the time, but right now there are times when I login and it's not worth my time to do anything. You don't want that in your game.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    Neverwinter has a systemic problem with zen: it limits its own options on what to spend on. If you want me to spend lots of zen, give me lots of thing that are mine. Nothing is uniquely mine in NW except my clothes, my companions, and my horse. Why don't I have my own house, my own dungeon, my own GARDEN even?

You could sell custom UI skins, custom sound packs, custom skill effects, but you don't. Guilds can customize....Nothing at all. Why not charge guilds zen to use an instance area as a guild HQ? Even reuse instances from summer and winter solstice events and people would pay for it. In short neverwinter lacks customization options.

I bought keys once. I swore I would never buy them again. I hate spending my hard earned money on what amounts to lotto tickets for the items I want. Instead I just buy zen, transfer it to AD and use that to buy what I want because then I know what it will take to get it. I don't hate the idea of lockboxes, but I think the items inside should be available for just flat currency (since you can transfer zen to AD, that's basically the case, but it's more complicated than it needs to be) Everything in a lockbox should probably be available for zen as well.

I intend to buy a bag (expensive!) and a character slot expansion (eventually, but there's so much I can already do with 1 character, it takes a long time to need more.)

I would spend a smaller amount of zen on transmutation instead of the insanely high AD prices we have today. I know I would spend zen on more cosmetic items like changing what a skill looks like, or changing what my mount looks like without changing its stats.

6. Icewind Dale.
    I'm looking forward to new content. I don't think the game team can produce it nearly as fast as we can consume it and the idea of grinding it while waiting for the next set is a stale idea. Neverwinter needs either procedural or foundry content to play a major role if it's going to thrive longterm.

I think the idea of choosing sides looks poorly balanced. The luskan corsairs never win the gauntlgrym pvp on my server, and I expect the same lack of balance in the new content. I also expect it will have little or no effect on the game like gauntlgrym too. If it does impact the game, then people will stack even more to one side to make sure they win.

All of the content benefits from control powers and we have only one control class. The TR and the GF have almost no AOE utility but every dungeon requires it. I would add 2 new AOE controllers to give somem variety to teams the constantly require 2 controllers: The Druid and the Invoker. Druids and Invokers have very different approaches to control and to life and should result in a varied set of 3 options for controllers that parties can use differently depending on who is available, instead of always demanding "2CW + others."

After new classes I would radically change dungeons to require more than just mob-killing. Many dungeons have sneaky ways to avoid a lot of the content. Why doesn't it require a rogue to spot those secret passages to avoid mobs? Clerics should be able to use relics throughout a dungeon with their Religion knowledge to get buffs or debuffs as the party goes. It should be a serious loss not to have a varied party with many skills, basically.

Lastly, I would give new power options to add AOE damage to the TR class, some control options to the HR, and AOE tanking to the GF.

This concept is entirely flawed. You have all this great content and we can miss it just because we happened to kill too many monsters in the area before. All of the great content in ebon downs is lost to me because I overleveled it. Why not put players in instances scaled to their level, so that going to ebon downs at 60 is just as hard as it might have been (if I hadn't skipped it) at 20? You already have this technology from skirmishes.

Rather than tweaking numbers which will ALWAYS result in someone being over or under-leveled, make each area an adventure that is always scaled to your character, and just require people to complete 8/10 of the available adventures to reach max level. This way people can just explore and check off content at their leisure and the xp system can be ignored as it should be.

Epic dungeons and barely completing a hard one with my guild. I wish there were more ad-hoc parties but the content is made such that everyone is at different points in the "kill x of this" questing. Perhaps you could scale foundries to be more like epic dungeons and have parties in them? I would like that.

10. #1 feature.
    What makes me likely to quit neverwinter: the uninspiring quests that I must grind. Doing the same quests in the same places in the same dungeons every day. Neverwinter will lose me if there is no way to add variation faster than the art team can make it. Either foundries or procedural generation, but there is a whole world literally out there, and I'm confined to doing the same 200 sq ft of sharandar every day because the game designers can't think of a better way to do it. It's BORING.

ONE THING: same as my #1 feature. Neverwinter needs procedural generation or exploration, or something. And I don't just mean diablo-esque dungeons because it's really the same dungeon in a different shape. Neverwinter needs a way to mix its content and build me a new place to explore where you take icespire peak but overrun with spellplague monsters and full of people to be rescued. Save enough people and I'm done. Put a fire giant on the loose in vellosk and ask me to find it and kill it. Put me in a dream version of protectors enclave where the sky is purple and spellplague horrors fall from the sky. Then mix them. Fire giant loose in protectors enclave? Unleash spellplague horrors in Thay? Help the Grey wolf tribe members build a foothold to expand into the lizard swamps of the pirate sky-isles.

Why do we never see the towns from the summer and winter festivals again? These would be FANTASTIC areas to set some monsters loose and have player clean up the mess or save some people/relics.

Bottom line, use the art content you have to give me something different to do, PLEASE. It's not that hard.
  • xcroissantxxcroissantx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch"

I'm psyched for the PvP changes. I really want things to evolve even more on the PvP spectrum. With these changes, hopefully the community can leave toxic moments behind and enjoy the game for what it is: "A way for us all to bond over what an awesome game D&D has been and can be if we all put our best foot forward"

2. PvP Before and After.

I've always been a PvE kinda girl, but I'm the first one that will admit what a thrill it s to backstab the enemy Control Wizard and removing him from battle after being flung back 4 times XD. With these PvP changes, people will see me in the battlefield much more often. Currently I'm in the D category.

3. The Foundry

Let's be even more honest. Those of us who played the 1st Neverwinter Nights miss the ability to enter our own servers and play some of the most epic adventures we could ever do. The Foundry barely even scratches the surface of what NWN gave us. Would the Foundry ever be able to give us just that? Who knows. This might be one of the most ambitious dreams to be tossed out there, but I want the Foundry to give me what the player servers gave me on Neverwinter Nights.

4. The Rotation

I have yet to explore guild content and end game content, so I will restrain my answer here to just saying that not everyone can be pleased. What some guilds like may not be what others do. If a common ground could be reached, it would be amazing for the game and community.

5. Neverwinter is F2P

I've barely used the cash shop myself. Though many of the companions and mounts are provocative, I'm torn between my own limits to spending money in the game and being a completionist. One side of me says "save your money" the other says "oh, look at the shiny!" Right now I'm spending much money on dyes and fashion items. I like to look good in game. I'm such a fashionista XD. Yes, I'd probably spend more on discounted items.

6. Icewind Dale.

What part of new content is not exciting? I'm mostly looking forward to the new PvE content and more Crafting. Plus I'm ready to see these Heroic Encounters. I'm giddy with excitement.

7. 2 New Classes & Class Update

I'm such a 3.5 fan that I would love to bring some of the flavors that were available back then. But that is just me. Aside from that I've always been a fan of the Gunmage, I wouldn't mind to see that beauty come to life. But I agree with many when they say Paladins and Psyonics. As for class changes, I'll leave it to the experts.

8. Character Progression

I definitely feel the character progression is too fast. I would hope for rebalancing. Enough to get to cap as you are entering end game content. I would hate it if it turns into a grind though. I've left so many MMOs because of how grindy they feel.

I've had tons of fun with the Foundry content. We have some amazing storytellers out there. I applaud those who have given us such beautiful stories that make us laugh, gasp, cry and even get angry. You guys are the reason I play this game. Keep it up. Much love :3

10. #1 feature

I absolutely HATE the Gear Recommendation System. That thing needs an update and bad. Can't stand looking at Lv32 gear that would help my character so much and see the system tell me that it recommends that I keep my Lv16 gear that is horrible in comparison. Specially when I'm so close to 26 XD. Yes I'm still in the lowbies LOL.

Bonus: One Thing

We need more FOUNDRY!!!
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".

PvP shoehorned into a PvE game is a travesty. Adds nothing to it. It's one or the other, both together ruins both experiences.

2. PvP Before and After.

100% PvE

3. The Foundry.

Play it.

4. The Rotation.

Meh

5. Neverwinter is F2P.

I pay to play. I was used to the subscription model, so I budget my funds and use them more or less in the manner I would in a sub based game.

6. Icewind Dale.

Looking less forward to it with the emphasis that appears to be on the PvP element.

Standard.

First time through was great.

10. #1 feature.

The first time through.

Accountability and transparency from the dev team.
  • arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch": I'm a 90% PvE, 10% PvP. I don't care what you do with PvP, it's not fun enough for me to play it much, and I'm fine with whatever does happen, as I enjoy playing the content so I try it, but have never been someone to build a character specifically for PvP - and anything you invest into them, you're still locked with the same race and stat rolls, so unless you're playing a proven doable build and PvP-centric stat rolls, you'll never be able to completely change directions. Case in point, the INT TR vs. STR DEX TR, you can do one or the other, but you can't change you're core-build foundation with respec coins.

2. PvP Before and After.:PvE mostly, dabble in PvP. If the mechanics do, indeed resolve themselves and a balanced, enjoyable, non-exploitable PvP can be made, and an increase in the monotomy of a 2 map system, I may begin playing PvP more. i do want to expand into PvP, but once you're 60, you are competing against GSs well over 3000-4000 higher than myself (again, from previous experiences, have not had a chance to experience the new patch)

3. The Foundry. : not much into foundry.

4. The Rotation. If the upcoming "delve key" is something that is similar to Dread lairs "once per day, buy more" in addition to the DD hours during the day, i believe that there will be a great increase in my enjoyment, as the dungeons are what I most look forward to, but it feels very unrewarding playing one outside of the event and getting very little (typically 1-2 blues, sometimes ONE epic, typically not, for 30-45 minutes of heavy mob fighting, if feels unrewarding for time - this is just like the DD event, not dungeons in general - )

5. Neverwinter is F2P. I've spent my share on this game, I've also spent WELL over $1000 on other F2P games, and the tipping point is feeling the item is worth the money and it isn't forced upon you i still make purchases, but they're far less satisfying knowing it wasn't needed, but a nice .

The companions: poor choice because they are bound, if you want to re-roll a different character, you lose your investment. That being said, I've bought a stone on all my characters, but I feel you really

The mounts: good, they are account bound, but you'll only ever feel the need to buy one, unless you like aesthetics. consumables

The consumables: If you open lockboxes and receive bars, you also can't combine these across characters so you're forced to open them on only one character...this feels very greedy, that you cannot get your value. I bought 10 keys per character (40 keys) and then realized that I have like 110 bars per character, but the only thing remotely interesting is the coals, so now I have enough bars to get 2 of them, but only if I had opened all the boxes on just one character, instead of across my account.

6. Online Ranked Siren Backlash. Akar Kessell and Crenshinibon. The anagram sparked one of the most popular threads in recent Neverwinter forum history. What are the top 3 things you are looking forward to in the new Icewind Dale update? Any parts you don't care about?

7. What two classes will you pick : Warlock and Druid.

what changes/additions would you make to any of the current classes? : A complete overhaul of PvP - PvE and PvP strengths should be completely different when entering PvP - either a HARD damage reduction to make teamwork and skillful play more rewarding as opposed to one cycle of encounters is a kill; making almost 1v1 impossible.

move speed increase across the board.

8. Would increasing xp needed to level make your character's journey feel more fun? No, i just leveled 2 characters and rushed through most, if not, all quests and I kept up throughout the full set of quests. Actually, I dinged both characters earlier tonight and both were exactly the same spot (8 quests into whispering Caverns).

Would you be able to run more quests, such as Foundry missions, without skipping any of the storyline content? I'm not sure, my first character did a few foundries as he leveled just fine, wasn't any different feeling going back and forth between foundry and questline.

9. What's the most fun you had to date in Neverwinter? Getting through the first endgame, epic dungeons. I happened to hit 60 right at the beginning of a weekend, so I was able to play 2 or 3 DD hours and run at least 2 dungeons each time. I still only had 1 epic from it, and no gear upgrades, but that came eventually.

10. In one sentence please name the #1 feature/concern that you dislike to the point of possibly walking away from Neverwinter? The feeling that PWE is making their pay model very apparent - what I mean is that you're always confronted with situations like "what's this enchantment's success rate? 1%...woah, so uh, you have to pay to get the use of any enchantment.: why not make the first one not require one (and then upgrading starts the typical coal-requiring upgrade? that's totally reasonable to have to use a bunch of preservation wards, as those actually drop sometimes during "profession" hours, but the coals don't, or I've never heard of one dropping.

Bonus Question: Name ONE THING you'd love to see added I'd love to see full Gateway integration: what i mean is that I'd want to be able to see the full score of myself, my summoned companion, be able to buy and equip gear...basically i want to be in P.E. but not loaded on the server. If you can update the inventory, let me update or at least view everything about my character.

Also, this should extend to hover over (the comparison when looking at gear in game - you know, when you're on your companion page and hovering over gear...let it compare the gear matching the companion's gear, not mine. Essentially, if you have inv/AH box open AND character sheet open, it compares your gear (as ir does whenever you look at gear in inv; if you have the companion page open while looking at gear, compare companion gear
    edited March 2014
    Better than expected replies here! Seriously well thought out input by the player base.

5816489306.jpg

• twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    At first glance, I've not enjoyed the changes to PvP outside of matchmaking. I'm a part time PvP'er and was finally comfortable with PvP prior to the patch. Now I feel like I need to go back and re-learn a lot of things about my characters to become effective in PvP again. I've also been pretty vocal about the penalty for leaving. Not because I'm a "leaver" but because I disagree with punishing people instead of understanding why they leave and fixing the issues in the PvP system that cause the behavior.
    That being said, I'm more than willing to undertake the learning curve of the new gear, stats etc. and hold off on my overall feelings of PvP until I've had sufficient time to relearn things.

2. PvP Before and After.
    Prior to the patch, I spent more time in PvP. Longer queue times, longer matches, less rewards and some frustration have led to a decreased PvP time after the patch. It no longer feels like I'm spending my time wisely by playing PvP to farm Glory, so now I'm more apt to play the minimal matches needed to get my daily rewards and swap over to other characters. Prior to the patch, I'd spend a significant amount of time several nights a week playing PvP with guild mates because it was fun and I felt like I was advancing my character by earning a good bit of Glory.

3. The Foundry.
    Give Foundry creators the ability to make PvP maps, and new PvP match types. Let them use the current point battle, capture the flag or other types of matches. Use the strength of the community to generate new PvP content, analyze this content, take the best of the best and turn them into official PvP maps that users can queue for and play toward daily rewards. Wouldn't be a bad idea to give us the ability to enter a Foundry PvP match with two designated teams instead of a random queue either.

4. The Rotation.
    I'm both a fan of the rotation, and not a fan. Sometimes it just seems to hit at the right time for me and I can get some nice DD runs, PvP etc. into my playing time. Sometimes not. The nights where the rotation doesn't hit my playing time it can be frustrating. I think the key implementation, if done well, will be a very welcome addition to the game, and also help with guild scheduling of events.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    Zen mounts are, in my opinion, the best purchase around as the price is reasonable and you get a mount unlocked account wide. Bags are another as you can share them, pass them around from character to character. Once in a while, I'll pick up a companion, if it's on sale, but I'd be much more apt to do this if they were account wide as well, even if their cost was bumped up a bit accordingly.

6. Icewind Dale.
    Super excited to see Icewind Dale come alive in game. The lore is something I'm very familiar with, and it was a fantastic choice for the next mod. I'm a little apprehensive, yet excited as well, to see how the open area PvP questing will work as well.

I have lofty goals...
    I'd create a Necromancer and a Druid. As for class changes... I'll focus on my primary class here, the CW. I'd alter the three paths to create one that is more control focused (giving up some DPS in the process), one that is DPS focused (giving up some control), and one that is middle of the road in both. It would be interesting to see what happens when the CW is no longer top in control AND DPS. I'd do something similar with the GWF as well.

I think, all things considered, that progression is in a good place. It feels really fast the first time through, and I can understand people wishing it was a bit slower in those cases, but after the first time or two through the main quests, the fast leveling is appreciated. Maybe tone it down a little so your first time through is slower, then give players the option when making subsequent characters to earn XP at a faster rate, or keep things on the slower track.

Joining Grievance and playing with a great group of people on a regular basis instead of random people. Helping one another grow, gear and get better, both in PvE and PvP has been the most fun of this game to date. Quite honestly, without a great guild to play with, I can see how people would grow tired/frustrated with certain aspects of the game and go off to find something else to play.

10. #1 feature.
    The NWN and NWN2 communities had a strong influence on replay-ability and longevity of those games. I think the community is here as well, but needs to be leveraged properly. Open things up to the Foundry community, leverage their ability and desire to contribute. Their contributions can directly lead to long term sustainability of this franchise if you allow them the opportunity. Work with them, create some foundry specific boss abilities and models, let them create new creatures and abilities based on D&D lore. See what they can do, and let them do some of the "work" for you!

Create the ability to re-skin mounts at a reasonable cost. I'm sure some people pay to upgrade certain mounts, but I'm also sure you would generate a lot more money, have a greater AD sink, if you gave players this ability. If you could re-skin a purple zen store mount with any mount you found in game, you would potentially have a LOT of people willing to buy a zen mount and make it look like a mount they acquired in game. If I can turn my Yeth Hound into a Shadow Wolf for my halfling TR would I be willing to sink a good bit of AD into that transaction? Yes please! Currently, it's not worth the cost to level up a green mount in game when I have a purple available for all my characters.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".

I like leaver penalties. Tenacity gives the possibility of balancing PvP without nerfing PvE. That's good. Matchmaking is a useful feature.

2. PvP Before and After.

Current Playtime: D

I'll PvP more often, simply because I need tenacity for the upcoming PvP campaign. Were this not the case I wouldn't bother with PvP at all.

3. The Foundry.

I don't have an informed opinion on this subject.

4. The Rotation.

As a guild leader, we don't make DD events. It's impossible to plan weekend DDs on Monday. We simply make guild parties with whomever's online once preclear time starts. I'm looking forward to DD keys. Those will make event scheduling SOOO much easier.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.

I support Cryptic's endeavors and paid real money for all the various packs: Founder, Guardian of Neverwinter, Feywild. I also transferred Zen so my characters received Ioun Stones of Radiance.

I will pay money for module packs. I also will pay money for quality pets usable account wide. I will not pay money for refining materials, BoE gear, or disposable items.

6. Icewind Dale.

I know nothing about Icewind Dale. I'm mainly looking forward to the new area.

New Classes: Never played D&D. I have no idea what's out there.

Class Changes: Myriad. Feats are not balanced. For Example, a GWF spends 5 heroic feat points and gets power equal to 20% of his defense. A DC spends those same 5 points, and gets crit equal to 1% of his power. Wow.

Over the past months, several classes were nerfed in PvE for the sake of PvP balance. Tenacity is now your PvP balancer. Denerf them and tweak tenacity instead.

Find some way of making GFs relevant in PvE. As stands, they are useless. I have, and play, at least 1 character of every class. All have 14k+ GS, and I am proficient in their uses. GF's are the only class without a niche. Please make them useful. This is more important than bringing out a new class IMO.

Exp doesn't correlate to fun. Make sure characters level to 60 solely through main quests and call it good.

Running through CN with my guildmates, chatting away on our private TS server.

10. #1 feature.

Mail. In one sentence?

Mailing items to different characters on the same account is tedious, fraught with peril (I've lost several million AD in the process), time consuming, and limiting.

Professions.

Make the profession assets tab account shared. Mailing workers, tools, and resources between nine characters takes upwards of 60 minutes each day. Let all my characters have access to all the workers my account holds. It's not like workers actually get carted around by any particular character. They're off mining, guarding, or sewing somewhere far away while we adventure. This one small fix will help mailbox congestion and leave more time for gaming.

Let assets stack. I don't need to see an individual slot for each and every worker or tool I own. One stack per asset.