test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hot Topics of Early 2014! Stand up. Make a Better Neverwinter.

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Here we are March of 2014! Neverwinter's launch date is well past us, and the one year anniversary of its official launch will soon be upon us.

Back in March 2012, I decided to start a series of Polls I labelled "Hot Topics" designed to take the temperature of the Neverwinter community. They went a long way in getting voices heard, perhaps got some features eventually added to the game, but most importantly I believe they helped enrich our community, as we reminisced our D&D and mmo memories and shared aspirations of the Future that was to be Neverwinter...

I believe it's time to poll our playerbase once again! How far have we come... and most importantly, where are we going?

Let's find out! (Please keep all answers respectful. And concise. Aandre has a new hammer. It's shiny!!)

1. The "PvP Patch". The most recent patch includes Class balance issues, bug fixes, and the largest PvP update ever. Are you excited about PvP additions to the game such as Tenacity, Healing Depression, Leaver Penalties, and Matchmaking, Epic and rare PvP gear?

2. PvP Before and After. From your perspective, how much time do you spend PvPing now, compared to how much time you see yourself PvPing in the future, post PvP update? Will the update change your current habits and why?

Playtimes currently:

a. 100% PvE

b. 100% PvP

c. 50%-50% PvE - PvP

d. PvE mostly, dabble in PvP

e. PvP mostly, dabble in PvE

f. Im a FOUNDRY designer first. PvE or PvP when I have time.

3. The UGC dreamweavers have spoken, "The Foundry NEEDS SOME LOVE!" If you were in charge of an upcoming major Foundry update, in 5 sentences or less, please describe what new addition or changes you would make to increase the player community's interest in designing, and/or playing custom generated content in Neverwinter.

4. The Rotation. I've heard quite a few guild leaders' frustrations with the Rotation over the past year, most frequently the difficulty in scheduling weekly content for their guildies, and long deadzones of inaction in between delve slots. Has your guild managed to work around the rotation? What is your opinion (or you guild's opinion) of the rotation? Are you looking forward to the key system upcoming? In 5 sentences or less, please.

5. Neverwinter is F2P. Cryptic makes a living off the cash shop. What items do you pay for in the cash shop? What items you absolutely will not pay for? What item(s), if lowered in price, would you potentially buy?

6. Online Ranked Siren Backlash. Akar Kessell and Crenshinibon. The anagram sparked one of the most popular threads in recent Neverwinter forum history. What are the top 3 things you are looking forward to in the new Icewind Dale update? Any parts you don't care about?

7. You have been hired once again by Cryptic to produce a mod, this time pegged to design two new classes by Q4 2014. What two classes would you suggest are added next, and what changes/additions would you make, if any, to any of the current classes?

8. You are asked to look at the XP Curve in relation to character level progression. Would increasing xp needed to level make your character's journey feel more fun? Would you be able to run more quests, such as Foundry missions, without skipping any of the storyline content?

9. Neverwinter is Social fare. What's the most fun you had to date in Neverwinter?

10. In one sentence please name the #1 feature/concern that you dislike to the point of possibly walking away from Neverwinter? Or, name one feature that you love about the game enough, that you see yourself playing Neverwinter for many years to come.

Bonus Question: Name ONE THING you'd love to see added or improved in Neverwinter before the end of 2014. Come on... just One Thing!!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
Post edited by aandrethegiant on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Copy/Paste Ballot:

1. The "PvP Patch".

2. PvP Before and After.

3. The Foundry.

4. The Rotation.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.

6. Icewind Dale.

7. 2 New Classes & Class Update.

8. Character Progression.

9. What's the most fun you had...

10. #1 feature.

Bonus: ONE THING.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    Other than new things to collect, I'm not concerned one way or another with the pvp update

2. PvP Before and After.
    d. PvE mostly, dabble in PvP

3. The Foundry.

I would leave that to the foundry experts

4. The Rotation.
    My guild isn't active so I don't use it for delving and use other means to find a group. If I'm on during a delve, I will find a group, otherwise I will do something else. Key system could be nice. We will see once we have more details.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    I purchase companions when on sale and things like character slots and bank space when I need them. I don't think there is anything I wouldn't purchase at all, just stuff I don't care to.

6. Icewind Dale.
    Looking for to new PvE content, new areas to explore, and new things to collect

Two classes I would add is Ensnaring Swordmage and Valorous Bard. I would leave what to change in existing classes up to the experts

I think slowing down progression slightly could help.

Just hanging out in various user created channels

10. #1 feature.
    The handling of exploiters

Giving the achievement system some love with many more achievements of new types and more types of rewards besides titles.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".

It seems like it was supposed to balance out pvp. Gwf can still chain prone you to death and the duration of a prone still goes for ages. As my main is a wizard I'm done with pvp for now because my main pvp powers don't work with armour penetration and enemies now have another layer of defence, the control powers i have have reduced duration and they were already short and i gained very little in tankiness. Combine that with the 2 very dull maps only, the stale game mode and the gear and class imbalances and the lack of any dual spec I would say its too little too late but its actually worse than it was.

2. PvP Before and After

It was tedious and unfair, its still tedious and probably more unfair but maybe the elo system will even it out. Even then you're going to have guys who can't brain playing strong classes with good gear fighting smarter players on weaker pvp classes. Is that an improvement? I don't know. Given the size of the maps its like being against a team of guys who only play heavy, all of them, in team fortress 2. So no not really. At least in that game there are enough players that you can do things without being near the heavy but if you want a good pvp experience with a lower number of players you have to compare neverwinter to a similar low player number symmetrical game like counterstrike. And cs is above all else fair which is why you have people who have been playing dust 2 for ten years. No one has an advantage that they didnt earn in that match and while people must have different powers in neverwinter while in cs no weapons are truly off limits to anyone the powers and classes are genuinely not balanced so its impossible not to walk away thinking 'this is dumb and I shouldn't bother with it' far too often.

At least vorpal got pvp nerfed, I have a perfect one and I completely understand how broken it was.

3. The Foundry.

Most of the content ive played has been really bad or lol irony funny. From talking to people who use it I understand its very limited because no branching is possible.

4. The Rotation.

They said they are going to bring in delve keys. I like that. The rotation is awkward

5. Neverwinter is F2P.

Oh I've spent more than I would care to admit. There is stuff I refuse to buy like bank slots. That's a quality of life thing I immensely dislike being nickled and dimed on. I would spend money on more cosmetic options if you could disable enchant visuals and a race and starting stats respec would also have money spent on it.

6. Icewind Dale.

Looking forward to it, hope the content is challenging and doesn't lead to an even wider gearscore gap between vets and fresh 60s

7. 2 New Classes & Class Update

Psionics would be cool, guardian fighters needs a bump. make mark a cone maybe.

I would like the ogre foundries to come back. I have 4 60s all geared but I find it really hard to stomach leveling the other 2 characters. I'm so sick of the campaign. Maybe multiply the experience gain by the amount of level 60s we have with the option to turn it off if for some reason you want to hang out in nevedeath longer.

I really really like the boss fights. Liked them more when I hadn't completely outgeared them. To the extent I happily bring newbies to the draco fight to make it a challenge again.

10. #1 feature.

I really like the game but the tone of a lot of this has been negative because its mostly been about things that are wrong. And the last question is about what's the worst thing. I don't know the pvp is garbage and its turned the tr into a total pillowfists in pve. What would make me turn away slowly is the lack of challenging content. At the high end we need stuff as a challenge. For a while that was Draco but its not anything anymore. And I want that back and I want it to need the level of gear I built up.
  • Options
    berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".

Awesome, i loving it more and more. Matchmaking seems to start working and the Tenacity just makes fights just abit more balanced.

2. PvP Before and After.
    100% PvP

3. The Foundry.
    Its fine as it is

4. The Rotation.
    I have a big problem with the daily rotation now seeing as the GG PvP daily gives you 1 Seal of Triumph and its not allways im on time to do that, i wont get max out as quickly as i was hoping for. Also 2 seals a day makes doing the GG PvP a must ! But its hard to be on time.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    Usually just buy keys or retraining tokens. I would buy reroll ability scores if that was possible.

6. Icewind Dale.
    Cant wait for the LADDER SYSTEM!! Also, cant wait for the ladder system.

I would give Cleric a paragon to go shadowpriest ( damage and healing and party buffing )
    i would also add warlock asap !

Levling is abit too quick maybe, but that dosent bother me as much as what comes at level 60:

Thats the dark side of the game imo.
    The endless farming of boons, stupid slow daily progression to compensate for the PvE content. Seriosly, reconsider this if you are going the same path for mod3.

Doing organised premades against other PvP players

10. #1 feature.

Im staying because of the combat system in PvP, not the logic this game was created with, because alot of things just dont make any sense :p

REROLL ABILITY SCORES !! !! !! !! !! (or if i really really have to level a new character at least let me switch my artifacts and boons to the new one)
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    1)Tenacity is a lazy fix , a blanket debuff is not ever going to work because it has a more adverse effect on some classes than others , Tenacity should have either been tailored to each class or it should have just been damage mitigation based on how high your Tenacity stat was , healing depression has made a lot of clerics pvp experience a miserable one and no respec was totally unfair for pvpers , the addition of Tenacity moved the goalposts ,it made some choices people had made prior to Tenacity useless , we should have gotten a free respec.

2. PvP Before and After.
    2)I mostly pve right now , I'm letting the ELO system settle in and then I will probably pvp more often.

3. The Foundry.
    3)Foundry has so much potential but the developers seem to be unwilling to unleash it's potential in both pve and pvp so at the moment it seems to be pointless which is a real shame.

4. The Rotation.
    4)I have no problem with the rotation , I play randomly every day since I work messed up and unpredictable hours although the addition of the key sounds good.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    5)I spent my first decent amount of money on the game to take advantage of the Stone of Radiance , I bought a bunch of stuff I had wanted for a while but the recent issue has left a very sour taste in my mouth and I will see how it is handled before I even consider spending again.

6. Icewind Dale.
    6)It looks great , I'm really looking forwards to it , the game is getting more and more fleshed out and I love it even more with each update , I just hope that the new gear isn't going to be insanely difficult to obtain or give the people who have it an insurmountable advantage over the ones who don't .

7)Psionic class sounds great fun , some kind of Druid who can summon monsters and stuff too but I am not very knowledgeable about D&D so I don't even know if the stuff I want exists in D&D.

8)Leveling for me is okay , when new classes come I don't want to spend ages and ages leveling them up.

9)Messing about and having a laugh in zone chat and guild chat during events.

10. #1 feature.
    10)Clean up bugs , especially the ones that have persisted from beta up until now please .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Copy/Paste Ballot:

1. The "PvP Patch".

I like the direction. I personally don't PvP a lot, but I think the match making is huge, as it allows more casual PvPers to jump in and not be totally wrecked by people who PvP all the time, as well as allow hardcore PvPers to always be challenged. I think giving players more meaningful ways to advance their characters via PvP is cool, and I'd even like to see a "PvP Boon" system developed that allows people access to PvP-specific buffs for their toons, advanced similar to the PvE campaigns.

2. PvP Before and After.

PvE mostly, but dabbels in PvP. Upcoming changes promised in Icewind Dale have be a little more interested in doing more PvP

3. The Foundry.

The ability to add more group specific content with interesting real BOSS battles to challenge groups of players. Allow certain vetted Foundry missions to drop epic items, even if they're only T1 non-set pieces. You have to find a compromise between Foundries dropping absolutely worthless loot and Foundries dropping loot so good no one does dungeons. Loot is always a key motivator, regardless of the activity.

4. The Rotation.

Give guilds the ability to run weekly or daily "Guild Events" that may be a dungeon, PvP match or skirmish hour that awards special bonuses for completing them. See GW2 as a reference, but we'd love to see something that makes being a part of a guild more meaningful. Currently, the daily rotation just doesn't provide enough incentive to log in beyond DD times.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.

COSMETICS! COSMETICS! COSMETICS! You guys are leaving huge amounts of revenue on the table by not putting out various costume pieces. Similar to the reward agent, make a costume vendor who stores all your purchased costume pieces. You can claim and reclaim previously purchased items, to keep mix and matching your wardrobe. There's tons of cool fashion and armor skins in the game. Let us play with them!

6. Icewind Dale.

New dungeons. New 10+ man battles! New campaign!

Tactical Warlord: Give us another healer/buffer class that stands on the front line. Class items are a polearm (Halberds, spears, glaives, etc.) Offhand is a warhorn. Special power is Tactical Presence, which builds up by doing damage and buffing allies. When the meter is full, the Warlord can activate it to give his part faster AP generation, attack speed and damage buffs. His skills can focus on dropping AOE buff banners. We desperately need another leader added to the mix.

Protecting Paladin: Another pure tank class that focuses on providing small heals and buffs for teammates. Divine Challenge special ability. Marks enemies, forcing them to attack the Paladin. Any damage marked enemies do to the Paladin's teammate is reflected back as a % of radiant damage, as well as healing the paladin.

No. I think current progression is good, and I like the direction of focusing on post-60 progression. See next comment for a suggestion.

Doing dungeons and group content with my guild. Anything that keeps people playing together is a plus. More content designed around getting people to group would be fantastic, such as down-leveling or side-kicking, which would allow higher level players to group with lower level friends and still challenge the content. It'd also be nice to see the ability to "down level" and queue for dungeons or skirmishes people may have skipped while leveling.

10. #1 feature.

More classes/paragon paths added more quickly. Playing the game as a new class can totally refresh all your existing content. There's so much to pick from in 4E, seeing classes/paragon paths come a little sooner would be great.

Guild housing!
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    fusshupefusshupe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    Barely concerns me. What keeps me from PvP is the need to spec differently from PvE and the abundance of overpowered GWFs. New gear is also not interesting, carrying two sets of equipment and switching by hand is too tedious.

2. PvP Before and After.
    Before: stopped PvP completely about two weeks ago.
    After: will perhaps try again in a week or so, when the PvP specced chars are in the higher brackets. If facing two GWF/TR is still a sure sign of losing, this time with being locked out of dungeons for half an hour, I will not play PvP.
    Playtime currently: a.

3. The Foundry.
    I've planned trying out the Foundry as an author for a while, but have not had the time yet.

4. The Rotation.
    My Guild does few organised activity, but for solo content I find it irritating that the times for useful events shift, though I can see why. In my opinion, replacing Dungeon Delves, Skirmishes, Arena and Foundry with Daylies that give the appropriate rewards would be better.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    Payed for: Charakter Slots, Greater Bag of Holding, a few keys.
    Will absolutely not buy: Companions which are not account-wide unlocks, companions are account wide and cost more then 10€ for green, 15€ for blue and 20€ for purple.

6. Icewind Dale.
    Excited for: New campaign, Icewind Dale lore and feeling, new crafts.
    Don't care about: PvP

Changes:
    In general, rework threat and healing in a way that groups without a proper tank and healer will be goblin fodder.
    CW: Reduce overall damage, in return drop restrictions on CC.
    GF: More mass threat skills, to fill the new need for strong tanks.
    DC: New skills, or side effects to old skills, to dish out buffs, depending on deity.
    GWF: Reduce tanking capability, focus as AoE DD.
    New class 1:
    Paladin (Tank/Supporter Hybrid)
    Plated Hammer/Mace and Shield wielder. Has no direct taunts, uses low damage AoE DoTs and gives little buffs and heals to the group while tanking. No dodge, only sprint. Not as effective as GF at tanking, lower HP, but self-healing a little. Tab skill stuns and greatly damages undead and demons, dazes and damages others.
    New class 2:
    Shapeshifter Druid (DD/Supporter Hybrid)
    Leather armor, clubs. Can shapeshift to wolf (frail, high DPS, can dodge) or bear (higher HP, less DPS, can sprint), depending on paragon, as Tab ability. While not shifted, can cast support skills like resistable AoE roots or little heals.

XP needed to level up need to be increased. Doing dungeons should be something to ignore at ones peril, reduce XP from Foundry to prevent XP farming there.

Winter Event. While the lag was low, ice fighting was something to be remembered. Reading the chat while fishing caused me to never be able to look at a fawn again without bursting into laugther. Enjoyed the race. Really liked the design and atmosphere of the zone.

10. #1 feature.
    #1 Dislike: Scarcity of blue refining ressources, especially Coalescent Wards. There should be a guaranteed way to get them ingame.

Bonus: Automatic Gear/Spec changer. Meaning, you have a gear and spec set for PvE and one for PvP. Depending on your where you are, PvE or PvP zone, it is applied automatically and can not be changed manually.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    I think the ELO ranking system is a fantastic addition and will be seen that way once people have 30+ matches completed and it has enough data to statistically be significant and improve the balance of the games. Dulling down the critical/one-shot killing machines should also help make the matches more team oriented.

2. PvP Before and After.
    f. I'm a FOUNDRY designer first. PvE or PvP when I have time.
    I seldom PvPed in the past due to the instakilling and may increase my PvPing a little bit in the future.

3. The Foundry.
    (Sorry, tried to pick just 5 and if really, really pressed would delete bottom two)

4. The Rotation.
    Why not simply double and overlap the rotation -- why does it have to be one thing?
    Have two different bonus areas, perhaps offset by half-an-hour.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    Paid for HotN initially, a companion, a ten pack of keys (never, never, never, EVER again). Would possibly by interesting mounts (Apparatus of Kwalish!). Would never buy any "lottery" items (keys, random gift boxes, etc). Have been refusing to by "initial" guild bank space (have bought "additional" bank space in other games). And have been annoyed and refusing to "waste" AD on "appearance changes."

6. Icewind Dale.
    Three things I am most looking forward to:
    • Foundry Improvements
    • Foundry Bug Fixes
    • Foundry Added Details.

new: Warlord
    new: Templar
    new race: Shifter

Seems fine as is. Perhaps a tiny bit to fast.
    HOWEVER, it would be nice to have a "jump to 60th" level once having attained it on account.

Watching people have fun playing my foundries.

10. #1 feature.
    Love: Foundry
    Hate: Foundry

Bet you can guess: Foundry
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    2. PvP Before and After.
    PVE only

3. The Foundry.
    I would like some sort of catalog/filter layout or some way to better find new quests with specific criteria. For instance, being able to find a list of dungeon crawls with orc enemies, or urban maps with story/clue finding or what have you.

4. The Rotation.
    My guild is me and one occasional player. I find all my parties on a custom channel. The rotation doesn't really hurt me, though if the keys are implemented well, that will help with gearing up my alts.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    I don't mind buying companions if they strike my fancy. Otherwise I mostly stick to 'services', cosmetics and a few QoL things like bags (depending on the ZAX and my budget I may trade AD and go that route.) I won't buy any more bank slots unless they make an account wide bank. Then I'd load up. I won't buy any more mounts unless they make an inventory tab for them. All chars have unicorn, adv horse, armored warg, some have event mounts, my main has a Nightmare. I'd love to have more but won't give up the inventory space and dislike the idea of discarding and reclaiming. I sort of feel the same way about fashion but that's more flexible. The one thing I won't do is buy Zen and trade it for AD - that would eliminate one of the things I enjoy doing in game - building wealth and working towards buying equipment. Apart from the companions, I won't buy things that give me a real advantage in the game.

6. Icewind Dale.
    Looking forward to new maps and content. Hoping that Cryptic keeps working on better ways to get boons. Mod1 takes too long and Mod2 is gated on the same three lairs. I don't care about PVP obviously, and hope that the content is playable with either mode or both, but not always both.

I don't have any real preferences in new classes. Back in 1st ed PnP, I loved playing Druids and Illusionists but it's not a big deal. Mostly I'd like to see every class to be desirable in a dungeon, whatever that takes.

Leveling is too fast, though I wouldn't want it slowed down unless there were more leveling zones with more quests. I already sometimes have issues of falling behind while running the leveling quests. I don't want to add more need to grind out levels by farming mobs on the maps.

The Summer and Winter events were both well done (though not without flaws/issues). Otherwise, for me RPGs (PnP and now MMOs) are about social interactions and/or working together. I just ran with a group through Karru and PK and didn't get any major loot. But I did have fun and afterward, we ran around throwing water balloons at each other. That's what makes the game fun, the other players. The content is there to facilitate that.

10. #1 feature.
    The extremely poor drop rates for certain things, such as the Eye of Lathander, could make me walk away if the content actually required me to have them to compete.

Tweaking the RNG to have some sort of memory or correction to eliminate the experience of people with event drops, artifact drops, DD chest drops where they run the content again and again but never get the reward. I got four orc wolves in the last CTA and only ran it during the skirmish event. Some people ran all weekend and never got it. While I understand the idea that letting people get everything fast will cause boredom and won't keep people in the game, not getting anything causes frustration and won't keep people in the game.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    sidentisidenti Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited March 2014
    Copy/Paste Ballot:

1. The "PvP Patch". Honestly, I'd just start over with it. If that means going back to what you had pre-patch until you can come up with a better algorithm, then that's what it means.

2. PvP Before and After. Meh. It ain't SWTOR.

3. The Foundry. An excellent feature that doesn't get promoted well enough. I mean, this is your end-game content producer right here. Without this, life gets dull fast in Neverwinter. I'd pimp it a lot more and offer insanely great rewards for the best content. By "insanely great", I mean millions of AD. Those writers are your moneymakers and they deserve to get paid for it.

4. The Rotation. Puff, puff, pass? I usually do it to the left.

5. Neverwinter is F2P. Good, because I've seen Perfect World's BBB rating. That needs marked improvement before subscriptions can even be considered. If customer service remains at the level it's at, I'd keep it F2P and hope you draw the Evony crowd.

6. Icewind Dale. Let's hope I stick around long enough to see it. Hard to have an opinion on something I've yet to see.

7. 2 New Classes & Class Update. I'm waiting for the Monk class, personally.

8. Character Progression. Hits a wall at 60 without good Foundry content. Roleplaying doesn't seem to have any company support. I'd consider RP events. After all, this IS Dungeons and Dragons.

9. What's the most fun you had... I forget the name of the Foundry mission offhand - "A Nightmare on <Something> Street" is what I remember - but it was the best bit of popcorn play I've had in a while.

10. #1 feature. Foundry. Easy.

I wanted to keep the bonus part separate. The customer service here is APPALLING. If I were in charge of that facet of things, I'd clean house and start over with new CSRs. CUSTOMER SERVICE MUST IMPROVE IF YOU EXPECT TO CHALLENGE ANY OTHER GAME FOR ANYTHING. I mean, really. EA has better service. *BLIZZARD* has better service. If Perfect World/Cryptic/Hasbro/Simplygon/WotC expects this game to have any kind of meaningful impact - the kind of impact the D&D brand DESERVES online - then it's gotta improve on the way it delivers the experience to the consumer.

All the brainstorming in the world will mean nothing if the consumer feels like they're getting shafted. And I've seen the BBB ratings. I wish I had before I spent $60. This is the #1 area of improvement needed by FAR. -bp
  • Options
    zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    A: I don't PvP.

2. PvP Before and After.
    A: I have no clue

3. The Foundry.
    A: I think this is a really cool idea. I would like to see later version be vetted to offer even greater rewards.

4. The Rotation.
    A: I am not a DD being in the rotation at all. The rest are find, but I would like to run DD on my schedule with my friends and family when they can. Just stick it behind a time lock, to keep the items from flooding the game. I state this knowing a key stem is coming.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    A: I like this. I feel everything should be offered in the store. Why? Because NW is the only game I have ever seen do F2P well, my reasoning is that you truly can get anything in the game with enough time invested thanks to the AD to Zen conversion system.

6. Icewind Dale.
    A: YES!

A: I primarily play melee classes in games take that into consideration. I feel this game truly needs a Monk, and a valid two weapon fighter class. Both of those and this game gets even closer to perfection for me.

A: I know people scream end game constantly, but I would really like to see an alternate leveling path. There are zones I would never got to (Neverwinter Graveyard) if I had the choice.

A: Running dungeons with my son.

10. #1 feature.
    A: Companions! It is like a collectable game. :D

More weapon models through the levels. I think it sucks that they all exist at the end game.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Well... we are off to a good start Id say! :cool: LOVE reading these opinions... as they are already offering some valuable input and direction. Much more playerbase opi from a polls like this.

Thank you to all who are contributing your opinions and staying on track!! Looking forward to reading many more!!!

• Options
    trav625trav625 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    Have not played this content yet, though will after event is over

2. PvP Before and After.
    Not tried

3. The Foundry.
    I know this would be hard to do, and I am not too familiar with foundries, but having more badies to chose from or being able to upload your own art

4. The Rotation.
    Could do away with professions in the rotation and maybe foundries, this would make it more interesting for post 60 players

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    The thing I have bought is character slots and keys. I will continue to buy this things along with bank slots and bag slots.

6. Icewind Dale.
    I am looking forward to some new content. The thing I do not care for although I know a lot of people are is the pvp part of this mod

Bard
    Druid
    Would like to see a buff class and maybe 6 man dungeons

Changing progression is a double edged sword in my opinion. If I would change it I would make leveling harder, that way people would get to know their classes better, which would help the game play for everyone.

The most fun I have had is creating a guild and helping all my new guild mates and old. Just love helping them gear up and teaching them about the different classes.

10. #1 feature.
    Lack of new classes and content that is not repetitive.

Guild Halls and player housing. Which you could have decorations in the Zen Market and make money
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Think anyone reads these?

1. The "PvP Patch".
    Don't care see 2.

2. PvP Before and After.
    I PVE 100% except for dabbling to get rewards.

3. The Foundry.
    Practically I just wish I could search missions I have done, rated, and reviewed (separately). As far as suggestions to make it worth more: I think they should release "asset theme kits" for daily missions in Sharandar and Dread Ring (and future versions of these), and then have appropriately themed foundry missions that qualify for the Foundry mission quest also award daily items. These would be in place of doing dailies in the zone. Perhaps there is a mission guy that gives you the foundry version of the quest and then disables the daily missions in Dread Rings itself. The idea here is they can't give real rewards to foundry missions because of abuse, but to be honest the dailies in Dread Ring are so simple anyway what real abuse would their be in the foundry quest if they were already deemed long enough for the astral diamonds? This would not be a quicker way to get your "Dailies" done, but it would be a way that had more variety.

4. The Rotation.
    The rotation gets steadily more annoying the more you play. It starts as seeming like an opportunity and then it starts to feel like a short window, and then it starts seeming like Cryptic wants you to shape your life around their game. At some point you are like you know... get bent.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    The thing I like most about Neverwinter's design is how the exchange ties the player economy into the loop. For example, player X wants uber item, rather than Cryptic selling items to players instead the player buys zen, trades zen for AD, trades AD for item, and the player that earned the item trades AD for Zen, and then maybe buys from Zen market. This looping the players in is good, so I think whatever they do it should emphasize that.

6. Icewind Dale.
    I like these things that I though I read: New Content, Random Encounters, more thought into 2 to 3 person Daily teams, character customization with after 60 experience, new Dungeon Delve on your own time.

Pass

To me the game design behind the leveling is that it should go just slow enough to learn your new encounter powers, but no slower. I get it. Makes sense to me. I really like the way when you invite real life friends to play there are no gaps because of levels and everyone is on the same page. Don't change it.

I like the feeling when a new boss goes down.

10. #1 feature.
    Epic dungeons with more randomness (or changing in some way), so that farms are not so predictable/repetitive.

To put this into context ask yourself this, left4dead2 has no item rewards yet people (for example me) played the same maps over and over and over again without calling it a grind. What is the difference between Neverwinter dungeon delves and left4dead2 maps? Start answering that question and you see what should be emphasized when the expectation is that players want to do it over and over and over again.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    I am only concerned with changes to or due to PvP if/when they impact PvE. It does seem like I am being pushed to PvP just a little. I don't think I would be any good at it, and I don't have a tolerance or tendency for 'trashtalk,' so I really don't want to do it. ('Trashtalk' term not meant to be insulting, it's normal for PvP and professional wrestling. Hahaha)

2. PvP Before and After.
    a. PvE Exclusively. Will do PvP if a guild mate needs me to do it, but I won't like it. As before, so afterward.

3. The Foundry.
    I play the foundry for dailies. I don't have time for anything else. I play the ones that take exactly 15 minutes each and don't make me waste resources. I would play foundries more if there were something about them that helped advance the progress of my characters. But they give few if any rewards at all, and usually they cost (potions, time.) I used to play them more, before I had so many characters with so many needs.

4. The Rotation.
    I don't know about the rotation. As far as dailies.. I'd like to subscribe. I'd like the Protector's Foundry mission to auto assign to certain characters when it becomes available, instead of having to ride up those steps and check, or check a website.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    Not buying anything I can 'live without.' I sell my Zen for AD. Occasionally I need a respec token. If Companions were account bind, I might buy a few, even at a higher price than is currently up there.

6. Icewind Dale.
    Some new content, but I am into whatever makes my characters perform better (or just more fun.) New classes, I hope. Maybe some new pets, transmutes, dyes. I think this is the thing that's going to force me into PvP, so I'm a little apprehensive.

Paladin and/or Cavalier, Make the GF have more threat in a big way, and more ability to withstand the backlash from it. Get rid of fluff powers from every class and put more useful choices in. Lose the clunkiness from HR and from GF.

Please do not change this. Give players option to suspend XP gain, and they can slow their own advance if desired. I've done all the content many times over, don't want to do it any more or any longer than I have to. To me any delay to 60 = a delay to an extra leadership slot, and a delay to running with my friends. haha

Running Instances with friends/guildies. Too many unpleasant people in zone to have fun in chat or pugs.

10. #1 Concern.
    When I spend time and resources, both virtual and real world, to build something a certain way, and then the powers that be decide that this thing should no longer work this way, and I find I have invested in something that is not useful any longer.

A total and complete separation of PvP and PvE. Where I as a player in one of those don't even have to be aware of the other, and am unaffected by changes made to or for it.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    despidespi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    I like change with cw that he dont hold me in air endlessly anymore.I dont know why you made all new pvp gears with same stat bonuses that give me no choice to try other strategies and other builds with my character.Seemes like every trickster rogue going for perma stealth path casue we dont really have choice because life steal bonus is pointless in pvp.Trickster rogue needs armor penetration critical strike recovery and power some of new gears dont have those stats.Playing rogue you want to hit hard and run or you are dead.

2. PvP Before and After.
    50-50

3. The Foundry.
    Dont know much about it

4. The Rotation.
    It would be nice to know wich event is active when im viewing nevewinter main page or gateway.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    Retraining token. In Vindictus i was buying inner armor wich was bikini or beach suits would be nice if i could do that here too.
    So i could make my char half naked sexy godess :)

6. Icewind Dale
    Im looking forward to ladder pvp and leadearboards.

I liked Monk(martial artist) in Neverwinter Nights and Shapeshifter(druid).
    My ranger need more stuns aoe stun for example.

Its good like it is make rather end game even more interesting and make able to do something with experience after lvl 60.
    Why quests give experience after lvl 60?

Pvping questing.Filling stories in each zone by doing its quests.

10. #1 Concern.
    Not able to get gear from dungeons.Because they are too hard for its gear score. Waiting for hour to get team to go any dungeon.Queues for it dont work because you need tank and healer in one and they are quite rare.Sometimes i go without healer or tank.
    Gwf is as good tank as gf but i think it isnt included in queue as one.

No boots when playing without costume but using that option.:)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch". I almost never PvP. I may just give it a try with the new ranking and other stuff that's been done.

2. PvP Before and After. Can't really speak on this - haven't tried "new" PvP yet.

3. The Foundry. I played a few Foundry quests. The quality, of course, varies wildly from author to author. I'd really like to see a better reward system added - maybe some sort of token system that can be turned in for items/gear - even if they were just fashion or free transmute items.

4. The Rotation. I'm not terribly active in any guilds, so can't speak on this.

5. Neverwinter is F2P. I would love to see things sold in a more a la carte manner - like maybe sell individual pieces of fashion, (like just a shirt, just the pants, just the headgear). I'd also love to see companion appearance change items added, or the ability to dye companions and mounts. I'd also like to see weapon and armor transmute items sold in the Zen market.

6. Icewind Dale. I am anxious to see what this has to offer. More and fresh content is always welcome. I hope the devs don't forget the previous content, and bring incremental updates to the old stuff along with the new. Feywild, in particular, could use some improvements, IMO.

7. 2 New Classes & Class Update. I find the ranger quite enjoyable to play. It's nice to have a non-magical ranged attacker, who can still dish out the damage in melee, if you so choose. The nature abilities add a nice touch and a sense of uniqueness to this class. I am looking forward to whatever comes next.

8. Character Progression. Once you hit 60, things kind of switch focus from powers/feats/etc to gear. While I don't mind that in general, I would like to see a way for players to improve their existing gear more generally, via the professions.

9. What's the most fun you had... After playing for a few months, just before the shard merger, it was getting increasingly difficult to find a team that wouldn't cheat or exploit. Seeing how other people were reacting, and once the shards were merged, I created a NW_Legit_Community channel to address this. I have had some wonderful dungeon runs, thanks to the fantastic people that joined it. Thanks to everyone who has made this possible!

10. #1 feature. Right now, I feel strongly that Cryptic needs to overhaul their QA/GM processes - I love Neverwinter, but events like Caturday, the Nightmare debacle, and the recent Ioun stone situation, have dulled my view of the game somewhat. I'm in no way giving up on Neverwinter, but I'm frankly surprised that these issues continue to slip through the devs' review process. I am concerned that these events have sent the message to the players that should a situation arise where one can make huge gains illegitimately, that they should take advantage of the situation.

Bonus: ONE THING. I think that you guys have an amazing game here! I'm a long time player of Cryptic games, and am happy to see this one really take off. I hope we get to see more obscure and interesting stuff. I'd like to see more non-horse/non-feline mounts added, and some more healer/tank companions added.

Thanks devs!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    Im a casual PvPer so I don't really care either way. I am however thankful that you guys didn't screw the PvE side of the game in order to balance PvP again.

2. PvP Before and After.
    Havent really tried PvP since the patch came out, Im going to wait a little bit for things to settle down before trying. Figure by then the matchmaking system will have moved the high end PvPers out of my range and most player will realize that there is now a penalty for leaving so hopefully that wont be much of an issue anymore.

3. The Foundry.
    Im still too stupid to figure out how to make a foundry work so I cannot really comment.

4. The Rotation.
    Sometimes the rotations can be inconvenient even outside of guild activities. While DD keys will be a nice addition it wont help the other events like GG/skirms/PvP.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    The only item I would never buy regardless of price is Dye Remover. I see absolutely no point since the whole reason I used dye in the first place is that I don't like the base colors of armors. Plus I could just re-dye whatever I don't like. As for what I would buy if the prices were lower, simple, everything else. Also would like to add that you guys are really missing a lot of chances for high sellers by having such a limited amount of fashions and dyes. Hell the dyes alone would rake in the cash, you have such a large pallet of colors yet only offer like 6 different single color dyes. Where's the White, Yellow, Gold, Orange and frankly all the colors in between?

6. Icewind Dale.
    Well since there's no mention of new classes I guess I'd have to say Im looking forward to more PvE content in general and the new HR paragon path.

Since I honestly have no clue about all the various D&D classes I think I wont comment.

I do think leveling in this game is far too easy. But without totally turning the game into a grind fest I would simply change the overall quest exp for each zone so that you have to complete everything before being able to out level said zone. Meaning make things like zone specific dungeons and skirmishes part of the overall exp gain. Thus removing the chances out leveling them before you can do them.

Hard to say, different aspects of the game offer different amounts of fun. To try and narrow it down to one thing would be pretty hard.

10. #1 feature.
    the refining system is by far the thing I dislike the most. While you have made it somewhat cheaper in terms of reducing the overall amounts needed. You also made it harder to make high level enchants since Blue reagents drop so rarely and coalescent wards are pretty much a pay item now (be it from zen store, T bar store or another player). Bottom line is I have seen 1 drop for the boxes since Mod2 was released so the chances of me ever really upgrading my enchants are actually lower then they were with the old refining system. Sure you can say it costs less coalescent wards now then it did but that doesn't help when Im no longer getting any coalescent wards.

Well, I would return the drop rate of coalescent wards to their original amount and remove the stupid refining point items from the coffer. Also make Blue reagents easier to get. Thus making the new refining system more viable then the old system was since right now it has about the same usefulness for me which isn't much.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    snotty wrote:
    The only item I would never buy regardless of price is Dye Remover. I see absolutely no point since the whole reason I used dye in the first place is that I don't like the base colors of armors. Plus I could just re-dye whatever I don't like.

Y'know, if dye remover could either be applied to only 1 specific section/color of a piece of armor or fashion item, or if it "bleached" the section and made it white, you'd have a much wider market for the dye remover.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".

The glory from dailies and Grym Coins is nice, I don't PVP enough to know about the rest.

2. PvP Before and After.

I'm not on here, but I do mainly PVP and foundry authoring as well as dabbling in PVP a little bit.

3. The Foundry.

Lets see, some customizable bosses is a big one. Also some loot improvements. I would start with some gear that can be customized using a point system so the overall power is the same but authors have control over what stats it has. Also some tokens that are awarded on first play through of a quest with the number based on average duration. Finally, I would add some toggles for group mode and friendly mode for all encounters.

4. The Rotation.

Currently, I think it is fine, though I am looking forward to the keys. One thing I would like to see is setting the other evens the same as the DD event. If I start a foundry quest during foundry hour, I get bonus XP, starting a skirmish during skirmish hour give RAD etc.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.

I think what is there currently is fine. I would buy a TON of foundry slots if they were put in the zen store though.

6. Icewind Dale.

I am looking forward to some bosses in open area designed for small groups. Curious if I am able to beat the three person ones solo. I hope they have a fast respawn though.

I would add an illusionist and necromancer.
    I would also put in the foundry customization tools (Except the gear since that needs to be equipped.) for character making so the current (And new) classes could have more variety in appearance. If I want to play as Vlathis, why can't I? I built the rest of my foundry characters. Maybe limit some coloration choices for elves since that is the only thing making them look different.

I think a slider to choose what percent of XP would probably be the best solution.

Probably my first playthrough of Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator.

10. #1 feature.

In case you have not guessed, my favorite feature is the foundry.

Also the foundry.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    mablus25mablus25 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Bonus: I would like to see Guild bases, Guild halls also Guild Castle also Guild raids like Guild VS Guild for PvP stuff also PvE.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    N/A

2. PvP Before and After.
    100% PvE

3. The Foundry.
    I would do more in the Foundry, but at the moment it is too frustrating to use. The last time I tried using the Foundry I ran across a few things I would like to see. Landscaping, being able to make changes to the topography would be nice. A better help file would be nice as well.

4. The Rotation.
    The rotation does make it difficult to get my guild together, as most of us are casual after work and family time players. We are usually on at the same time, but with the Delves only available 2 times a week at that tiime, most of us do solo projects when in the game rather than guild dungeon crawls.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    I do spend on keys occasionally, a dye pack or two. Thinking about a couple of fashion items. I would spend on companions if they were cheaper, I know the price has been lowered, but the lack of customization and the inability to have them perform specific actions are drawbacks for the price. I will not spend money on any of the mounts.

6. Icewind Dale.
    I am looking forward to a new plot line, the effects of the Sundering starting to come into play. New monsters, new bosses, new scenery. I am not looking forward to the PvP stuff as I do not PvP at all.

The 2 new classes I would design are the Paladin and the Illusionist. Changes to current classes I would make are to the Guardian Fighter, mainly just bump up the damage production by 5%. Also the thief, I would give them more of the class abilities to pick pockets, pick locks, find secret doors, etc.

I don't think increasing the XP needed to level is required. Rather I would remove the XP from crafting, Invoking, the bonus XP rune, and the bonus XP reward for Foundries. This would give people more time to enjoy the various areas without needing to be careful about outleveling the zone.

Dungeon crawls with a good group, not running through it, actually exploring the dungeon, getting all of the chests, finding the nodes, and solving the puzzles, developing the strategy to defeat the boss.

10. #1 feature.
    I actually have two items that are tied in the dislike column. 1. Is the ability to rush beeline through the dungeons and farm it 3,4,5 times a delve. 2. Is the necessity of having gear that is better than the reward in order to defeat the dungeon.

Bonus: ONE THING. Keeping up to date with the current time line of the Sundering. Erase the Chasm, bring that area all back up to same topographical level. Rather than having to clear the area out of a monster infestation, make the zone about keeping new monsters out in the first place, and aiding in the restoration of the area. Repairing the Mage's College; helping the previously, but now cured Plague infected people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    N/A

2. PvP Before and After.
    100% PvE

3. The Foundry.
    Tough question as I don't use the Foundry much/at all; I've heard people request the ability to add a 'boss' difficulty mob though, and that sounds like a good idea.

4. The Rotation.
    Another tough one. I'm a casual/solo player mostly so the rotation has been reasonably accessible; I like the feel of the rotation too, it makes the events more meaningful. That being said, from a practical stand point, it can be a serious restriction in gearing a character (especially with the high odds of getting blue junk; it took me 15-ish wins (plus several fails) to get *1* item on 1 character). There's no real point (or other people to run with) to running a dungeon w/o the chest for casual/less skilled players. The new keys seem to have some promise. I also like the suggestion earlier in this thread to run 2 events at the same time; that would add a lot more flexibility in accessing specific events.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    I have paid for character slots and BIS companions (stones); only on sale though. I would like to pay for additional bank space, but won't until the bank is account-wide/shared. I will not buy cosmetic stuff and have resisted buying a rank 3 mount (haven't needed to in PvE). I would potentially buy wards if the price was reduced (seriously, $10 for a coalescent?!) or was competitive with AH prices.

6. Icewind Dale.
    Definitely looking forward to this; was not familiar with the Crenshinibon story and it sounds pretty interesting. Haven't been to IWD since IWD1&2 back in the day! Looking forward to the competitive elements as well as the larger scale bosses (very curious to see how the mechanics will work on that).

Oh ho! This is a big one! Are we to suggest things with or without the assumption of the release of Warlock?
    I am going to assume that Warlock is a foregone conclusion and skip past that.
    Druid seems to be a very popular (and iconic) class, it should definitely have some priority.
    Paladin or Barbarian would be excellent additions after that. (though it might be tough to thematically distinguish a Barb from a GWF)

Progressions is definitely too fast, especially towards the end; on every character I've done I've hit level cap before getting halfway done with Hotenow. And that's not even being able to fit in Foundries, PvP, dungeons or skirmishes. And goodness help you if you take a break for a week but still keep up invocations, you'll out-level the area you were in for sure. We don't want to increase xp requirements so much that you have to grind any more, but a minor re-balance that gets the 'finish line' closer to the end of Whispering Caverns would be good.

Gotta be the dungeons so far. Pug-life leads to some high highs and some low low. Spectacular fails (gotta love it when the DC stays back out of the fight and just watches) and epic wins (4-man'ing a final boss) are great fun!

10. #1 feature.
    The Gateway; leveling professions feeds the OCD habit!

Bag space/item management are still a big hassle for me. Account-bank and more mailbox access would help with this. But the biggest thing that would help has to do with the refinement system; all the marks and such take up just as much space as was used before by the enchants themselves. My BIG IDEA for this is: the ability to set enchants/runes to be able to 'auto-consume' any picked up enchants that match the type. Example: I am feeding my rank 7 Azure, so I set it to auto-consume, then whenever I pick up an Azure it will automatically consume and refine it. (side idea: allow refinement via the Gateway)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Well, I've read up to Tinukeda. GREAT job to all ya'll for staying on tempo! There's some really golden input here thusfar. Keep it comin... even if the ideas are the same, similar or totally different than others (because even same/similar ideas speaks of its potential popularity or lack thereof in our community).

• Options
    edited March 2014
    tinukeda wrote:
    Bag space/item management are still a big hassle for me. Account-bank and more mailbox access would help with this. But the biggest thing that would help has to do with the refinement system; all the marks and such take up just as much space as was used before by the enchants themselves. My BIG IDEA for this is: the ability to set enchants/runes to be able to 'auto-consume' any picked up enchants that match the type. Example: I am feeding my rank 7 Azure, so I set it to auto-consume, then whenever I pick up an Azure it will automatically consume and refine it. (side idea: allow refinement via the Gateway)

Somewhat related to this - I'd love to be able to set it so any runes or enchants I am refining don't get any "spillover" points upon being leveled up - this would allow me to stack enchants that I plan on using later or for another one of my characters. I suppose, though, that this might be an anti-botting feature, so that they can't just mass-stockpile enchants.

I agree that "mark storage" is needed, under the new system, and account-wide storage would be wonderful!
  • Options
    captsplinkycaptsplinky Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    I don't like PvP patches. When you Balance for PvP I seem to return to a nerfed PvE character. Keep them separate.(anyone remember 12 daggers?)

2. PvP Before and After.
    PvE only. I play a different game for PvP I get enough annoying Leets there.

3. The Foundry.
    Don't play it much. What I have played, I liked.

4. The Rotation.
    Keys are a great idea. It is hard to get a group from my small guild together at an appointed time.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    I like the F2P model...pay as you want, or not at all.

6. Icewind Dale.
    Thank You! I love new content.

Whatever you want to add is fine by me.

I think it is fine. I have hit a dead spot twice...had to level to get next quest.

Too many to list. Great game!
    10. #1 feature.
    Many things:
    Guild bank should be a shared expense.
    Trade bars should be BtA.
    Transmute is way too expensive. Your artists have made some great looking Weapons/Gear. I don't want to downgrade GS to wear.
    Maybe free transmute on BoP items?
    Stop farmers! I went on AH and saw one person with 12 stacks of 99 Peridots. Kinda gave me a sick feeling.

All in all a great game. Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1.pvp patch
    i not big fan of pvp play few games a day some times don play at all pvp update helped a lot to some low hp classes

2.pvp before and after
    not real changes there still know to play few matches per day or none for days

3.foundry
    do not play it a lot so cant say what can be improved in it better rewards for daily quest for foundry could be good start
    4.rotations
    i like them we could use some more events there to i still miss them since they removed them in other cryptic game sto

5.f2p
    we lack a lot of costumes in z store and think if all companions and mounts would be epic more ppl would buy them so i would like to see all coampanions and moints to be epic then their price could be moved to price of other epic mounts and companions

6.mod 3
    i like new zone and this is it
    do not like idea of makeing it pvp focused and crafting for new gear

7.new classes and balance changes
    druid and warlock could be fun classes to have in game
    balance changes i would like to see are more balanced paths at cw,gf,gwf atm paths are not balanced at this 2 classes iron vangourd is to good or sword master is to weak on gwf/gf and at cw spell storm is to good or mof way to bad
    gf need some more team utilly and improvments on current team and self buff

8.xp curve
    xp rates is good it is one of things i like in this game easy to lvl up char and we do not need to grind for weaks and months for it

9.most fun things
    dungeons

10.i like combat a lot

thing i would like to see the most
    guild base and better guild progresion and guild rankings which should show how active some guild is
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".
    I have no interest in PvP. Thus, the patch is irrelevant to me.

2. PvP Before and After.
    f. Im a FOUNDRY designer first. PvE or PvP when I have time.

3. The Foundry.
    The foundry needs a reason for people to play it, and to try different foundries. Add a Foundry Coin reward system, one coin per completion of a daily-eligible that you have never completed before, that can, if enough are earned, be redeemed at a vendor/merchant for unique gear.
    Also, PLEASE go through and add in all of the resources that are already in the game that have not yet been added to the Foundry, such as a sitting position for NPCs, the various monsters that aren't yet available, assorted common details (13 watermelons, but no shovel?!), etc.

4. The Rotation.
    I don't do delves much. There's too much of an attitude that if you're not a "pro player" who knows the delve inside and out, you're not welcome on the team. As I mainly build foundry, and only do a dungeon every now and then, this makes me feel unwelcome. Part of this may be the limited availability of the Delve. Perhaps with it not being "we have to do this right, because Delve only lasts so long", we'll see more teams willing to take a player who is an experienced player but a novice at that particular dungeon.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.
    I have purchased character slots, a small number of keys, and one bag of holding (on sale). I also purchased an appearance change token, because my half-elf looked like he had a small invisible <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> under his nose, and I wanted him to look more cheerful. Unfortunately, the appearance change options are far more limited than costume options in Foundry, which is what I've been working with, and he only looks slightly less uptight.
    I will never buy mounts or companions, because I bought the $60 founder pack, and so get a purple one of each on every character. An exception would be the Stone, if it was cheaper.

6. Icewind Dale.
    I like any new PvE content, especially if the monsters and details added with it also find their way into the foundry.

Honestly, I'm not well informed on 4th edition classes. I hated it. So, from a 1st-through-3rd-edition viewpoint...
    a) Paladins - holy warriors, not the poor man's tank they were made out to be in 4th ed. Remember the old pic from 1st edition of the paladin invading Hell fighting devils? Yeah, that guy.
    b) Bards. But done right. Give them a reason to be in the group, other than being Sir Robin's Minstrels. A good bard should be a buffing machine for his party, while having enough combat skills and useful spells to contribute.

Slower progression? Absolutely! However, there are many who don't want to do anything but rush to 60th. Finding a balance would be an issue.
    Yes, I'd love to be able to enjoy the journey, to do more mid-level content. But foundries? Those scale with you. There's nothing wrong with running foundries at level 60 (assuming you give people a reason to play them, see question 3 above). What you need is a slower progression rate, a checkbox to turn off xp gain from invoking, and more mid-level PvE content, so that it's not the same linear story for every character.

I am thoroughly enjoying attempting to create quality foundry quests for other people to enjoy. On the rare occasions when I've managed to get people to play my quest, getting a rave review - or even better, a "how did you DO that?" from another foundry author - is a great experience. But getting people to try them is like pulling teeth; nobody wants to because there's no sufficient reward. Again, see question 3, above.

10. #1 feature.
    Should be obvious by now... #1 feature that would keep me coming back is Foundry. But it's frustrating, because of the extreme lack of support from the devs. Please, please, please, do something to encourage people to run foundries often, and to run ones that they have not yet tried, instead of grinding the same one over and over for the daily ADs.

I already said it. A foundry reward system. One Foundry coin per daily-eligible foundry completed that you have not completed before, redeemable for unique gear. Even if that gear is only some cosmetic items and transmutes, people will put in the time to get them. Put something with actually useful stats (foundry level scales with you, what about some items that scale with you?) and you'll have people swarming the foundries.
  • Options
    valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1. The "PvP Patch".

I don't ever PvP, so no opinion.

2. PvP Before and After.

PvE only.

3. The Foundry.

I haven't tried out the Foundry much.

4. The Rotation.

The current rotation isn't a problem for me. I think the keys are a good idea.

5. Neverwinter is F2P.

I won't buy green or blue mounts. And I haven't bought a companion yet, because I don't like that they're character-bound rather than account-bound.

6. Icewind Dale.

I'm curious about the new zones, but I am a little concerned about what seems to be a strong focus on PvP.

The classes I most want to see are the bard and (especially) the monk. I also really want to see gnomes in as a race.

As an altoholic, I do hope they add some new classes soon.

There is a little bit of a disconnect between the superfast leveling and then the grindier parts of Sharandar and Dread Ring. I wish there was a little more balance there.

I really like the events, especially the Call To Arms skirmishes.

10. #1 feature.

My favorite thing about the game is the combat, which is a lot of fun. And all of the classes feel different.