test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Queue Feedback

sutekhonesutekhone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Was able to get into 1 pvp match during the bonus glory hour (took me over 30 minutes to get in). I am currently in a queue going on 40+ minutes as I write this. Kind of makes a 30 minute leaver penalty useless when the penalty just to queue normally is much greater :(
How did the emergency patch last night fins this?
Post edited by sutekhone on

Comments

• Options
    doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is really very freaking disappointing 30min and still no match what the hell is this

bring back the old system if you cant figure out how to implant the new one, why the hell would you even implant it without testing it first

Arena even is over and we werent even able to go into one match so stupid
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • Options
    berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its just that your rating is so low, they have no one to match you with
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    berzergera wrote: »
    Its just that your rating is so low, they have no one to match you with

Every single person has a low rating as of right now. In theory, the Q times should be almost instant......
  • Options
    pyrates313pyrates313 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Every single person has a low rating as of right now. In theory, the Q times should be almost instant......
    not if there are so many people queing for it at the same time and there aren't enough instances.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    not enough instances???? why should there be less instances now than before
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jaotut wrote: »
    not enough instances???? why should there be less instances now than before

I don't know how he came up with that, seeing him post that several times already. He's just making things up.
    signature-lili.png
  • Options
    doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    well I got in after like 50min and next time I gave up past 10min mark

this is disappointing and im sure alot of people gave up PVP because of this
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • Options
    aerotraerotr Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I loved to PVP, but hey I wouldnt wait farkking 30-45 minutes for 1 game of pvp. So I am out, good luck waiting in que, and reading the forums.
  • Options
    xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Que times are still over 30 minutes today at 1:30pm CST. This is ridiculous. I guess if we complain enough about something the "powers that be" will break it for us so its a "NON issue".
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • Options
    kevinc55kevinc55 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Only took me about 3 minutes to get in to a match today.
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Did anyone give feedback on the Preview? I never saw guys complaining there about too much waiting time; now they implemented it and people actually started to test it, when it is too late -- as always.
  • Options
    zolronzolron Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aethanas wrote: »
    Did anyone give feedback on the Preview? I never saw guys complaining there about too much waiting time; now they implemented it and people actually started to test it, when it is too late -- as always.

Pretty sure there was feedback regarding the pretty much non existent, super hard to get into a match unless your a PM, que times !! :(
  • Options
    itsateddybearitsateddybear Banned Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vverg wrote: »
    I don't know how he came up with that, seeing him post that several times already. He's just making things up.

so you have knowledge that you are currently lacking sir.
    Gauntlgrym pvp lasts 30 minutes.
    The queue lasts 30 minutes.. most people in this game will never get into gauntlgrym because of the queue times.
    And yes, there is exactly the same instances as before.

This last gauntlgrym 0 people that i know that queue'd for pvp got in. The time before that, almost noone, same as before that.

This is the situation he speaks of.
  • Options
    itsateddybearitsateddybear Banned Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zolron wrote: »
    Pretty sure there was feedback regarding the pretty much non existent, super hard to get into a match unless your a PM, que times !! :(

there was.. and was ignored, as always.
  • Options
    drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The best way to get into a game is to queue, wait for a bit then get fed up and do a Dread Ring Daily Dungeon. I've run these a LOT now, so find them pretty boring. The loot is worth a few minutes of grinding though. So, back on topic : just as you get to the boss, the PvP queue will always pop :)
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    drscone wrote: »
    The best way to get into a game is to queue, wait for a bit then get fed up and do a Dread Ring Daily Dungeon. I've run these a LOT now, so find them pretty boring. The loot is worth a few minutes of grinding though. So, back on topic : just as you get to the boss, the PvP queue will always pop :)
    haha very true XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I dont know about u guys but i was playing for 2h and all i did was 30sec GG and 1 PvP match.

For a player like me that is only playing PvP (atm) is huge downstep... i dont want to play a game that 90% of the time im just sitting in PE waiting for queue to pop, just hoping next patch they fix it for good.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It was expected that queues would slow down a bit when the system was first implemented, but it's still pretty bad. I wonder if it has something to do with players entering PvP for the first time since the patch. Maybe it's not that everyone starts with a low rating, but rather that everyone begins with a null rating and it constipates the whole system as it tries to figure out where to put them :P

Whatever's the cause, let's hope it self-corrects soon or that the devs have other plans to streamline matchmaking, at least for right now.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    sutekhonesutekhone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    so you have knowledge that you are currently lacking sir.
    Gauntlgrym pvp lasts 30 minutes.
    The queue lasts 30 minutes.. most people in this game will never get into gauntlgrym because of the queue times.
    And yes, there is exactly the same instances as before.

This last gauntlgrym 0 people that i know that queue'd for pvp got in. The time before that, almost noone, same as before that.

This is the situation he speaks of.

You actually have it wrong. Gauntlgrym has two factions, one of which has very few players compared to the other. The small faction can queue and get in, while the other faction lets the first 20 in to the match. All the extra players on that faction that queued have no opponents left to face so wait in the queue until the event ends (some lucky 20 will get into a very short Armies run if the first Armies ends quickly before the 30 minute timer). The smaller faction often requeues and gets in a second time during this 30 minute period, letting in the next 20 of the large faction. Regular pvp has no queue time limit like Gaunt - you can queue for it at anytime (there is an event that increases glory, but that is not the window that actually lets you play unlike the 3 timed Gauntlgrym scenarios)

As for instances - they are created as needed, hence their name "instances". Instance 1 fills, then instance 2 is created. You see this in all the zones as they 'fill' up and new ones are made that you can switch to (I always switch to near empty instances when doing dailies to lower competition for quest objectives). So as mentioned, because we are all currently about the same rank, there is some other issue causing this huge delay, otherwise all these people waiting for 30-50 minutes to queue would get matched up with each other. Something is broke!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    what sucks is that it is Friday afternoon and not a peep today about this - the last devs mentioned this issue was yesterday before the evening emergency patch, with all the old threads being locked as this issue was going to be fixed. If not addressed/fixed soon we will have a whole weekend of not being able to participate in the "New and Improved" pvp...
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    vorphied wrote: »
    It was expected that queues would slow down a bit when the system was first implemented, but it's still pretty bad. I wonder if it has something to do with players entering PvP for the first time since the patch. Maybe it's not that everyone starts with a low rating, but rather that everyone begins with a null rating and it constipates the whole system as it tries to figure out where to put them :P

Whatever's the cause, let's hope it self-corrects soon or that the devs have other plans to streamline matchmaking, at least for right now.

We have been monitoring the queues this morning and will be turning a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to help alleviate the queueue-ue times, especially for those on the ends of the skill spectrum. Waiting 45 minutes for a queue then getting "roflstomped" (as they say in the big leagues i hear) made me sad.

It will take some time to take effect though, but over the course of the day and over the weekend it should improve.
  • Options
    caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A side effect of the leaver penalty too. As is now with everyone at the same "score" you get the elites stomping the casuals who then leave and are penailzed 30 min from re entering thus the pool of players you can draw from gets reduced drastically. A truly counterproductive change this penalty and matching system is indeed.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Don't know. I'm willing to wait the weekend, but if queue times won't considerably drop under 10 minutes I won't bother any more. Once the dailies are gone you are literally standing around. Right now you can at least farm some Tymora boxes, but come Monday it will simply be a waste. The difference between 30 seconds and up to 45 minutes in queue time can't just be the matchmaking unless the internal functionality is flawed or maybe even too complicated in one way or another.

Alternatively you should be able to queue with one toon and switch to another. When the queue pops and you accept, the system could switch chars automatically. I'm pretty sure that's not doable on the fly though.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    We have been monitoring the queues this morning and will be turning a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to help alleviate the queueue-ue times, especially for those on the ends of the skill spectrum. Waiting 45 minutes for a queue then getting "roflstomped" (as they say in the big leagues i hear) made me sad.

It will take some time to take effect though, but over the course of the day and over the weekend it should improve.

Thank you for the feedback, panderus.

I'm sure you guys don't enjoy excessively long queues any more than the general population does. I'm actually pretty excited to see how matchmaking shakes out when players have been able to participate enough to feed it some stats.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited March 2014
    caexar wrote: »
    A side effect of the leaver penalty too. As is now with everyone at the same "score" you get the elites stomping the casuals who then leave and are penailzed 30 min from re entering thus the pool of players you can draw from gets reduced drastically. A truly counterproductive change this penalty and matching system is indeed.

I doubt that the leaver penalty is the culprit. Judging from the sheer volume of complaints, there are plenty of people in the queue at any given time, and players seem less likely to leave matches now thanks to a combination of the penalty, the flat glory reward for completing Rhix's PvP quest, and not wanting to drop after having waited so long just to play :P

If they don't want to be prevented from entering the pool of players, they can do the intelligent thing and not desert. Even waiting at the campfire, though a little silly, is preferable to a 30 min queue ban.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree the que times are pretty bad. I can solo Q and play with bad players on my team (somehow decent players on the other) within a few minutes, grab a group of people and then the Q takes over 30-45 min.

So its a "lesser of two evils" choice, spend more time in PE and have reliable teammates or solo Q and play more with crappy teammates. Ill just say the only one game ive lost so far is from my solo Qs....

I dont know how the elo system matches a group together, I still really think you guys need to make the elo rating visible so people can see who they que with and have a real "purpose" behind the ratings not only just as a matchup.

But yes somehow fixing the parameters of the search mechanic is needed. People dont mind waiting 10-15 minutes for a good game, but they dont wanna wait 45 minutes for that game...

I think most realize the "outliers" on the spectrum will have longer que times, but quite honestly, there are too long, also with no "incentive" NOT to "throw games to drop elo rating to get faster ques" thats whats gonna happen. I can easily see people with multiple characters zone in a match, leave on purpose, swap characters to pvp, after 30 min go back to that toon and do it again jsut so when you DO play you get faster games....

Now if you make elo rating visible people will claw fight and scrape their way to the highest possible. I also think you guys need to make the "daily pvp win" quest more like a 4-5hr reset as once youve done it, why pvp the rest of the day....
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I only solo Q and I'm still waiting 45 minutes. I'm not sure how I could be on either end of the spectrum since at this point I've only been able to get into 2 matches and have won one and lost the other. Even if the matches were absolutely amazing 45 minutes is too long, that's asking people to quit the game and go find something else to do, which is why I've only been in 2 matches. It cannot be stressed enough how urgently this needs to be fixed, even if the fix is just a rollback to what we had before.
  • Options
    claruilclaruil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Here, the same problem... 40 min. on queue.. or more!
    =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anenfel Clarhuil - TR - Guardiões do Véu Guild
  • Options
    claruilclaruil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Regardless of GS, TR is impossible to get into some PVP.
    With any luck, I can get with my CW, but yet, I hope more than 30 minutes on queue.
    Unable to enter any!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anenfel Clarhuil - TR - Guardiões do Véu Guild
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Guys. Not to worry. The devs know about it and are making adjustments.