test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Queue Feedback

Comments

• Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    Late at night (2am central) getting extremely fast queue times (1-2mins) but the matches seem more lopsided.
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would like to see some kind of official statement as to how this is pairing people up right now.

I DUO queued with a healer friend of mine, and it paired us with a PREMADE full R10 group.

While imma beast, i HIGHLY doubt my elo is that high, nor is hers... to get that kind of group.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Again, it will take time to truly accurately rank players.

The more matches yourself and others play the more accurate it will be. The first few days will be a bit turbulent.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It paired me up with people who intentionally want to lose so they get to " fight the weaker opponents" .:mad:
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It paired me up with people who intentionally want to lose so they get to " fight the weaker opponents" .:mad:

You should definitely report those guys.
  • Options
    nwswansnwswans Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2014
    May I also suggest that the queue match you up with allies that have the same language settings as you do? I sadly play at an awkward timezone, and get allies that do not speak my language (evident from their guild names, the "Help!" message being in different languages, and no replies when I type in English in party chat or via PM).
  • Options
    vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Im loving the PvP que now. Its almost instant, which is what i loved the most about this game, you could do a pvp game anytime. So thats good.
    The matchmaking is pretty good aswell. When i teamed up with the guild, we got another guild premade everytime.
    And when i Solo qued / qued with a teammate we got mostly pugs, then eventually some partial premades since i guess the "rating" went up.

So im really happy about this. GG CRYPTIC

pers3phone wrote: »
    So I solo queue, my record is far from flawless, maybe 65-70% win for now.

100%, l2p mate :D
  • Options
    drag0nsharddrag0nshard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My feedback

TR 13.5k GS (usually finished top 1-3 90% of the time), GWF 14.5kGS - Unkillable

My queues used to be instant, now take 5-10 minutes on quiet parts of the day 30-40 mins in the busy one......

I never play in a premade and every single game Ive played since patch Ive been ranked up against premades or have come across teams with 2 GF + 2GWF's (thats happend 3 times), my loss ratio now is around 75% lol

Things that need sorting :-
    1)The queue time when its busy needs work and I dont understand why it takes longer when more people are playing, surly there should be more games??.
    2)GWF are still very OP, The team that has the most GWF on it wins still, Esp in GG! Last 2 games of GG I've done my side had 9-13 GWF in it. Im not suggesting nerf them as thats against forum rules however we should ensure that GWF are considered a class on their own and not lumped in with CW/TR/HR so that the numbers of GWF are always equal.
  • Options
    kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Queue system even worse than before. Now it goes like this:

1. Queue in after 15-20 minutes of waiting.
    2. Placed on team with noobs.
    3. Spend whole game trying to capture flags, get score of 27-5 and still somehow loose.
    4. PVP rating goes down for the loss so start next game with even worse team.

Who's idea was it to make an individual rating based on win:loss ratio? :|
  • Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Enjoying is so far...

I think with time, it will iron out the wrinkles.

• Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kobrakai2 wrote: »

3. Spend whole game trying to capture flags, get score of 27-5 and still somehow loose.

That is how an ELO Ranking system works...

• Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    100%, l2p mate :D

Says the CW who rolled GWF... :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    My question still stands.

I won multiple matches right out the gate....

Now every match i get is with 3-4 players with sub 10k gs..
    Each and every one of these is vs a team with a much higher GS

So i assume this game is dead, and i need to look around for something else to play. Because im not in the mood for a prevspre every single fight, and solo queue is a death sentence.
  • Options
    subsidalsubsidal Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kobrakai2 wrote: »

It's what's happening to me. I hate these changes. I wont bother with pvp anymore I suspect.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Basically, your match making is broken.
    Its overcompensating for 1 persons high ELO with 4 people who have an extremely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ELO and thinking that will balance the team.

Also, why when i DUO queue with 1 other, am i facing a FULL premade of r10 players?
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    2pm central saturday and I am getting fast queues again (1-3 minutes) even when duo queuing but still lopsided matches.

Honestly I would rather wait 10-15 minutes to get a nice balanced match.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Again, more matches will result in better ranking and thus better matches.

It will be rough for a bit until ranks can be dispersed.
  • Options
    jester000jester000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited March 2014
    I only pvp, with the odd dungeon thrown in now and again, and I gotta say this new queue system is ruining the game for me, log in, queue up with my guildmates or pug, wait anything up to 45 mins, rinse and repeat. I would rather play something else than wait around not knowing when I'll get to play and then maybe only get 2 or 3 pvp matches in an hour.
    Zach
    Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Usually the ELO system does not need a lot of matches to give good results.

I am guessing they widened the parameters for matchable teams. I would rather have good matches with long queues than easy matches with short queues.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm liking the speed of the queues now, huge improvement, well done for the fix :)
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Again, more matches will result in better ranking and thus better matches.

It will be rough for a bit until ranks can be dispersed.

You are incorrect....

More matches, better ranking = worse team mates if you solo queue.

ELO is ONLY working right if i queue with a premade. If ive been premade matching and winning and i solo queue, im getting complete scrubs in my group with me.

Its compensating my ELO by giving me LOW elo people to offset.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You're wrong, elo rating needs a minimum of 30 games to start working properly, if you have a high rating and you solo queue you will get a team of players with an average elo close to you, being better or worse players is irrelevant here, they will have a rating value into the gap devs gave to the matchmaker to work with (the sistem try first the matchup with people of the same rating, if no one in the same rating tries + - 10 points, if not enough players + - 20, until the team is formed or until that gap limit is reached, then if not enough players are in that elo zone, you must wait, plain and simple) as the gap is usually big enough to allow most players to play whatever their elo rating is, and the gap grows as bigger or lower is the rating (to allow best and worst players to still get queues) you will always find groups as long as you queue.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    You are incorrect....

More matches, better ranking = worse team mates if you solo queue.

ELO is ONLY working right if i queue with a premade. If ive been premade matching and winning and i solo queue, im getting complete scrubs in my group with me.

Its compensating my ELO by giving me LOW elo people to offset.

This enables the system to find matches faster and if you lose or win your elo adjustment is less or greater depending on teammates and opponents elo. Still I would prefer longer queue with better balance. But hopefully this weekend will give the devs good data to adjust the algorithm with.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Im tellin you now, Ive won many more than lost, and the pres ive done have all been pretty solid.

Its when i solo queue, that im getting people who fall into both of the following categories.

A, they dont understand pvp,

B, their gearscore total, is less than two of the players on the other team combined.

There is NO excuse to put 4 people 10k or less GS on a team with someone whose at 14-15k gs, and put that team against another team with all of their players running 13+

By the time ive run 30 matches with this bs going on, i'll have lost 90% of them because of what they are matching me WITH and against.

I could carry a team of scrubs on my gwf. Not on my wiz.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That might be how it SHOULD work, thats not what its doing.

Otherwise i wouldnt have queued with 1 friend, and gotten 3 more 10k scrubs, and gotten pitted against an essence of aggression premade lol full team of 5

frarii wrote: »
    You're wrong, elo rating needs a minimum of 30 games to start working properly, if you have a high rating and you solo queue you will get a team of players with an average elo close to you, being better or worse players is irrelevant here, they will have a rating value into the gap devs gave to the matchmaker to work with (the sistem try first the matchup with people of the same rating, if no one in the same rating tries + - 10 points, if not enough players + - 20, until the team is formed or until that gap limit is reached, then if not enough players are in that elo zone, you must wait, plain and simple) as the gap is usually big enough to allow most players to play whatever their elo rating is, and the gap grows as bigger or lower is the rating (to allow best and worst players to still get queues) you will always find groups as long as you queue.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    More matches = better ranking accuracy.

My bad for not adding that. The more matches players play the better the spread the player base's Elo will be. This is why some people are having second long queues while some are turning green with anger.

This is normal. It will improve with time naturally.

And due to the new system it will be very easy for people who deserve high Elo to be ranked low and people who deserve low Elo to be ranked high. This will be resolved with time and more matches played. This was expected.

Although not a true average the Elo system does get effected by the data pool. The more matches ranked the more accurate the score. When only a handful of matches have been played weird matches will happen.
  • Options
    elgorrelgorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited March 2014
    More matches = better ranking accuracy.

My bad for not adding that. The more matches players play the better the spread the player base's Elo will be. This is why some people are having second long queues while some are turning green with anger.

This is normal. It will improve with time naturally.

And due to the new system it will be very easy for people who deserve high Elo to be ranked low and people who deserve low Elo to be ranked high. This will be resolved with time and more matches played. This was expected.

Although not a true average the Elo system does get effected by the data pool. The more matches ranked the more accurate the score. When only a handful of matches have been played weird matches will happen.
    you better google "elo hell" before talking about video games with ranking system.
  • Options
    zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2014
    I am liking the new elo system like you said it started off real slow and random but after 10+ games(on 3 diffrent characters) its getting more balanced.

Also the queues pop around 2 to 3 min.

Well done guys!!!
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah Im liking the elo system as well. At least thats going good.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I know full well what Elo hell is.

Elo hell doesn't apply at this early stage, really. That's more when you have any established system and you get matches that get so utterly uncontrollable it is hard to climb out. Certainly it'll happen to some people but that is NOT what is happening now. Right now is a fresh Elo system which is utterly confused on where to put players.