Install Arc
Options

PvP Queue Feedback

Comments

• Options
    cheapjingcheapjing Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    I agree the que times are pretty bad. I can solo Q and play with bad players on my team (somehow decent players on the other) within a few minutes, grab a group of people and then the Q takes over 30-45 min.

I solo q and the q is 20min+ on everyone match i solo q'ed today. So you were lucky if it is under a min.
  • Options
    nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have two words for the devs. EPIC. FAIL. The new pvp system was supposed to LOWER queue times. I just spent over 40 mins and over 20 mins respectively in the queue today w/ one toon. If this is not fixed NOW it will really make PvP non-viable. I have four toons. Having to spend FOUR HOURS just to play PvP, ignoring actual match times, is INSANE. SADISTIC. UNCALLED FOR.

Match times are up too, I averaged 20 mins each for my two matches. Mainly because the teams were SO evenly matched that it was a running slug fest. One match my team won by about 10 pts, the other we lost by a little over 100. I guess I can shrug that off, but I'm already yearning for the old days when I only waited TEN minutes (AT MOST!!) to queue and matches almost NEVER took more than 10 mins. If the Devs wanted to upset and annoy people who liked casual PvP, THEY HAVE SUCCEEDED. If they wanted to make PvP more player friendly and enjoyable, THEY HAVE FAILED. EPICALLY.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    We have been monitoring the queues this morning and will be turning a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to help alleviate the queueue-ue times, especially for those on the ends of the skill spectrum. Waiting 45 minutes for a queue then getting "roflstomped" (as they say in the big leagues i hear) made me sad.

It will take some time to take effect though, but over the course of the day and over the weekend it should improve.

I guess I was one of the guys at one of the ends of the ladder... Now I have 15s waiting times and can slaughter, chainkill, debuffs so that they die in under 2s, 10k randoms with my 15k+ chars. I hope they have fun... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    We have turned the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a few ways and "flushed" the queues to let them temporarily match faster, but they should be in a good state for the weekend. We hope to have no more than a 15-20 min queue time for the ends of the skill spectrum.

We are also planning additional tuning tools to help make better adjustments moving forward.

See you in the arena!
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We have turned the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a few ways and "flushed" the queues to let them temporarily match faster, but they should be in a good state for the weekend. We hope to have no more than a 15-20 min queue time for the ends of the skill spectrum.

We are also planning additional tuning tools to help make better adjustments moving forward.

See you in the arena!

Don't see you much in these forums, Panderus. Thanks for the feedback. We were in need of some hope!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Every single person has a low rating as of right now. In theory, the Q times should be almost instant......

See this is what I've been getting at. Don't you people get it? Any rating system implementing to affect the queue it going to increase your wait time because of the OVERALL GAME POPULATION. Someone described it to me on here as a bell curve, people at the lower and higher ends should, in theory, have the longest wait times, people in the middle average, whatever that turns out to be. And it's turning out to be about 30 minutes.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014

See you in the arena!

Thank you for the update. :)
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    See this is what I've been getting at. Don't you people get it? Any rating system implementing to affect the queue it going to increase your wait time because of the OVERALL GAME POPULATION. Someone described it to me on here as a bell curve, people at the lower and higher ends should, in theory, have the longest wait times, people in the middle average, whatever that turns out to be. And it's turning out to be about 30 minutes.

Except, times started at 30 minutes when everyone was set to "zero" and that's when EVERY PERSON entering the queue is in the center of that bell curve. Now... maybe it was broken at that point, but if not, it's not a good sign.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    It was broken at that time. That issue is the one which is fixed during emergency maintenance.

Now the issue is that the system needs to be broken in while players get ranked.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    It was broken at that time. That issue is the one which is fixed during emergency maintenance.

Now the issue is that the system needs to be broken in while players get ranked.

I'll believe it when I see it. I still haven't seen a decent queue time, and theoretically, queue times should be at an all time high initially when everyone is the same base rank.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    I am getting 5-10 minutes solo queu 10-15 minutes when queued in party.

Any wait is worth it. I have seen only 1 leaver since the patch and even in matches where there is a clear winner the game is much more competitive. People are queuing to PvP instead of cap trade. I'm very happy with the changes so far.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have not waited less than 15 minutes yet, and see no difference in the quality of games since before matchmaking.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    People aren't at the same rank anymore. They are quite spread out. Somebody in this thread or in a similar thread said they were having really long wait times but that has gotten much better as time went on.

Reason: He got pushed up the ladder and had to wait for other people to catch up.

The thing about a new system is that slight changes in data can make radical differences thus sending you out of the range of other players. You really have two options, wait for others to break in the system or deal with the discomfort while it gets broken in.

Just like a new pair of shoes it will be rough around the edges for a bit. One day is NOT enough to make it work.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    the first match i played today popped after about 20 minutes and the next was almost instantaneous. since the matchmaking system is new, everyone started at 0 and is having to work their way up. a simplified explanation of how the elo system works was posted in one of the previous news blog posts:
    PvP Domination matches will be created using an ELO-like skill rating. Your skill rating will increase as win matches and decrease as you lose matches. If you win a match against players with much higher skill ratings, you will gain more points than if you had won against players with much lower skill ratings. Similarly, if you lose against players with much higher skill values, you will lose very few points compared to if you had lost against players with much lower skill values than yourself. The skill rating system also takes into consideration your teammates when determining your new skill rating after a match.

The PvP Domination queue attempts to match you with other players that are at a similar skill rating. As a result, queuing times for PvP Domination may be longer than you are used to, especially when the queue population is low. Even at low populations, however, the new queue times should be minimal as long as there are enough players in the queue to play.

there have been a suggestions for custom-type matches where people can organize premades of varying party sizes (3v3, 4v4, 5v5). now that matchmaking is implemented, i think the custom matches would be another step forward for pvp.

there's still more pvp options coming with module 3... i'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    People aren't at the same rank anymore. They are quite spread out. Somebody in this thread or in a similar thread said they were having really long wait times but that has gotten much better as time went on.

Reason: He got pushed up the ladder and had to wait for other people to catch up.

The thing about a new system is that slight changes in data can make radical differences thus sending you out of the range of other players. You really have two options, wait for others to break in the system or deal with the discomfort while it gets broken in.

Just like a new pair of shoes it will be rough around the edges for a bit. One day is NOT enough to make it work.

I'd suggest that it's flawed in that regard then, as it should be weighted by the number of matches you've played as well. A 15-0 player shouldn't be sitting in queue waiting forever because most people are at 1-4 or 2-6. By that same token, a 15-0 player shouldnt be ranked up against players that are 156-20.

The ranking should not be subject to wild fluctuations from match to match or put players into large swings up or down with little results. Of course, I'm also a bit grumpy with the way this whole thing went down, and it's left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll probably be in a better mood if things go well this weekend in terms of queue times etc.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    there have been a suggestions for custom-type matches where people can organize premades of varying party sizes (3v3, 4v4, 5v5). now that matchmaking is implemented, i think the custom matches would be another step forward for pvp.

Ive been mentioning this ever since they announced matchmaking. We have weekly intra-guild PvP matches that, apparently, we can no longer do until something changes. Kind of a shame really.
  • Options
    judicasjudicas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I'm finding the new pvp <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. first match of the day took almost an hour to finally get into, and when i finally got in i was with a bunch of people under 6k gs, second match similar. Third match everyone was 16k+ fourth same but lost that one then im back with 7k gs people. the lost match i made a whopping 47 glory, didn't get that much for winning now either. so basically what i am seeing is, Que times are borked, people STILL leave with no refill, matches take 2x as long and glory is massively reduced.... so you earn glory at 1/4 the rate you did before lovely....
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    even a 10-15 minute queue time is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

many people come on and have a half hour to play, maybe alittle longer

a prevspre takes most of that time. It should not be this hard to queue 10 people into a match together.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Only had time for one match tonight. Fortunately the queue time was very fast. Otherwise, I did enjoy the match once we were established. It's more like the low level PVP feel... You don't get taken out as fast. Excited to see how things are once ranks are more established.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    tontolowtontolow Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    3 hours playing only 7 games play..pls fix this DevX
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Queues seem to be working reasonably fine. Matchmaking? Depends on the perspective. If I solo queue = pugstomp matches 90% of the time with a rare 1-2 decent player in them, you know, the 25-0 types. Queue as a 5 man, met lots of familiar PvP people. Needless to say my CW weaknesses are apparent as soon as faced with decent adversaries. CC? lol. Almost non existent, thanks for making people resist 90% of my repels and stuff Cryptic :) I appreciate the additional challenge! Kiting? No CC, no regen, no artifact no SF, no kiting. Don't come without GWF in 5 man queue if you wanna win.

No point going further, I have nothing positive to add about any of the changes at this point.
  • Options
    zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2014
    My first game took 30+ min the 15min the by 3rd game it was 5min. after that the queue seems to pop just as before 1min wait max.

maybe it had to register my ranking first?

not sure but two diffrent characters did the same thing.

Im fighting alot of premades and loosing everytime because I pug,but the teams do seem more evenly matched.

Its still early but so far so good.
  • Options
    judicasjudicas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    reasonably fine? anything more than 3 min is not reasonable... that was my wait time pre patch. now its 45 min+ . Pers its not just dont come without a GWF, TR are tearing mages apart since you cant do anything to them now, GF ignore everything and GWF just eat you
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1 hour 20 minutes to get a match. 38 minutes in the match. 1 person "DCd" at the start, so it was 4v5 from the beginning. Lost 1000- 120. No one on our team got over 200 points. Vs. a Pre-made of well geared players (they were simply much better than us, our 4 players had decent gear). So for 2 hours time I got exactly BUPKISS.
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    waited 20 mins. got a game full of pug, 1000-30 something, complete stomp...

I really don't know how long it would take for that elo **** to kick in and provide some quality match since the queue time is already so **** long.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    queues for me do't take longer than 5 mins, and usually take around 1-2 mins today, so I can't complain.
    Also matches are usually more balanced than before (MUCH more balanced than before actually)
    I got to fight people neither much better equippoed or much worse, escept a few rounds where my team was put against a team where they all had vorpals and SF (god, I hate SF so much, won't you stay dead for once?)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is another HUGE issue with ELO and your queue...

It appears by trial and error, that it seems that the more matches i win, the LOWER gearscored people i get on the next team im in when i solo queue....

It appears that your system is taking the score and giving me CRAPPIER players as team mates expecting that my elo is making the difference up. This should NOT be happening.

There needs to be a GEARSCORE calculation in there for each class setup. There is no reason whatso ever, a 14-15k wiz should ever end up paired up with 3 people under 10k gs in a pvp match, against people with 13-17gs

There needs to be a GS Requirement on the queue, and your matchmaking needs to take into account the class and avg gearscore for that class within a specific elo ranking.

If i wanted to carry a bunch of scrubs in pvp, i certainly would not be playing my wiz, id be on my gwf. I do not PVE. All i do is pvp. Its time you fix this before people get fed up with it.
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Queue time for myself is pretty terrible. I'm a very avid pvp player, or atleast was, queue times prior to patch were instant, never ever remember waiting longer than 30 seconds for a pvp queue to pop. Now, well I've played about 6 or 7 games, including 1 gvg. Average queue time is 30-40 mins. I'm probably 60% wins and 2 losing matches where I've ranked top, not sure if individual ranking counts, regardless of the outcome counts.

Does anyone know exactly what is factored into your ranking for the new system, I'm totally unfamiliar with it but would like to know the very specifics if it's at all possible.
  • Options
    slawczerslawczer Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    30 minutes queue and lazy troll with 5k gs in party. Is it funny?
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is another HUGE issue with ELO and your queue...

Another issue...

So I solo queue, my record is far from flawless, maybe 65-70% win for now.

And twice in a row I get matched with full premades in full R10s from the some of the best players in the game :\

I was actually quite happy to see them and immediately started the combatlog so I can see later on what they were using, but I really don't want this to occur often in the future when solo queueing. The system seems to put PMvsPM together often, but sometimes fails and matches up random stuff to people that probably didn't lose once yet.