test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Preview: Tymora's Gift

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited March 2014 in News & Announcements
Hey everyone,

Tymora's Gift event is returning next week. Check out our preview of the upcoming event: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3035923-event-preview_-tymora_s-gift
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Weeee *dances* Hopefully Tymora didn't tamper with the drops or drop rates of stuff from her gift's
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    a4476d9b989007ee158dea6436f1cab41393605854.jpg

Seems a bit ANGRY :mad:... Perhaps this is his reaction after realizing he only got the "Fools Crown"? :o

I still dig this crown on my DC and it'll be nice to see if I can get another for use on my other armors.

QUESTION: Any chance the crown will be a free transmute?

It was not the last time if I recall correctly.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    YESSS. Can finally get a new set of crowns, possibly some eggs too. :) Would it be possible to have the crowns as Bind on Account instead? I like how we are now able to mail BoA items to our other alts. Very useful, more so for this event.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Weeee *dances* Hopefully Tymora didn't tamper with the drops or drop rates of stuff from her gift's

Looks like they did tamper with them:

What’s inside these Gift of Tymora Boxes? We’ll have full details about the rewards, including brand new items, which will be included in the box

"Brand new items" to me equates to: "No, you will not get 40k AD or a boatload of eggs". :(

I really hope they did not do too much as this was only one of two events that were really worth the effort.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Will old [Gift of Tymora] have the new loot table? A bunch are on the Auction House, and I assume many others are in character's inventories.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kolbe11 wrote: »

There was no such thing the last time, and while some cosmetic event items were ret-conned to make them into free transmutes after the concept was introduced, this was not. I'm hoping that it will be though.

(Caturday cape... please make Caturday cape a free transmute, for I am cheap.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The grand prize is an unsellable, BoP purple piece that can't be salvaged? I destroyed the one I got from an old box yesterday. I hope the have marks and wards as runners up prizes.
    edited February 2014
    Looks like they did tamper with them:

What’s inside these Gift of Tymora Boxes? We’ll have full details about the rewards, including brand new items, which will be included in the box

"Brand new items" to me equates to: "No, you will not get 40k AD or a boatload of eggs". :(

I really hope they did not do too much as this was only one of two events that were really worth the effort.

Oh wow , one of the only events that has been worthwhile so far ( as well as Waukeen) and they are messing with it O_o , I really hope they are only talking about replacing the Rare Wondrous bazzar armor and weapons , if they have altered anything other than that then it will be a sad sad day indeed , especially if they have nerfed the AD and dragon egg drop rates into the ground ( thank god I kept most of the eggs I had left from last time).
  • adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    you should put the event on the preview shard first, just to make sure there isnt another drop rate fiasco similar to the 100% inferno nightmare bug that happened a couple months ago
    Don't waste my time.
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited February 2014
    a4476d9b989007ee158dea6436f1cab41393605854.jpg

QUESTION: Any chance the crown will be a free transmute?

Yes, it will be.
    edited February 2014
    Yes, it will be.

Oh that is so cool , thanks , I know it's probably too late too do anything but it's worth asking , any chance you can make the Caturday cape free to transmute too?
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    two30 wrote: »
    Will old [Gift of Tymora] have the new loot table? A bunch are on the Auction House, and I assume many others are in character's inventories.

Would like to know this as well.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    So looking forward to Tymora's event again!
  • anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Less than 2 days from event and nothing is known about it ... wait .. the fool's crown ! Yep we know it will drop - excelent :)
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    anatas07 wrote: »
    Less than 2 days from event and nothing is known about it ... wait .. the fool's crown ! Yep we know it will drop - excelent :)

That is the same with every event. We will get the article posted about an hour before the event starts. If we are lucky, Wednesday night (but that hasn't happened in a while).
  • chthonicmythoschthonicmythos Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited March 2014
    I know what I'll be grinding for this weekend!
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The last Call to arms stated we would get an 2nd update before the CTA event as did this post

" Make sure to check back next week when we’ll reveal all the rewards you can get from the Gift of Tymora Boxes."

but as per the last CTA there was no follow up, and the Event is due tomorrow Any reason why there was no second post for the CTA and for this event ?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The last Call to arms stated we would get an 2nd update before the CTA event as did this post

" Make sure to check back next week when we’ll reveal all the rewards you can get from the Gift of Tymora Boxes."

but as per the last CTA there was no follow up, and the Event is due tomorrow Any reason why there was no second post for the CTA and for this event ?

There was a second post for the CTA. And we will get the second post for the Tymora event about an hour before the event starts. It is the same with every other event. At best we get the post detailing the event on Wednesday night, but normally it happens Thursday before the event starts.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since they haven't answered my query, I'll assume the worst: existing Gifts of Tymora will have their contents changed without notice.

Over/under on angry players?
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still no news about it... It's more frustrating than exciting. All this attempt to hype content when the last events have been disappointing, to say the least, with subpar rewards, makes me want to be really ironic and wondering if there's someone at the helm. :)
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    two30 wrote: »
    Since they haven't answered my query, I'll assume the worst: existing Gifts of Tymora will have their contents changed without notice.

Over/under on angry players?

O1, because I'll be angry :cool:. Seriously, this is required information, because I would probably open existing boxes if their content was changed...

There's a chance the release candidate will be on preview before the downtime to test it, so let's hope for the best.

Actually, without the ability to copy characters right now, I have to refrain from the last paragraph.
  • battiermossbattiermoss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    :confused:
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Common Guys ? Where is the information on the Drops from Tymoras gift? would like to know if its even worth Grinding

1: Is there still Dragon eggs?
    2: Have you decreased the Drop rate?
    3: Is there stil 10k RAD or have you changed it ?
    $; What items have you added?
  • vaerthvaerth Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Common Guys ? Where is the information on the Drops from Tymoras gift? would like to know if its even worth Grinding

1: Is there still Dragon eggs?
    2: Have you decreased the Drop rate?
    3: Is there stil 10k RAD or have you changed it ?
    $; What items have you added?

Still no info and it is now the day of the event, kind of messed up on Crypics part to not include this well before hand.
    edited March 2014
    vaerth wrote: »
    Still no info and it is now the day of the event, kind of messed up on Crypics part to not include this well before hand.

It is the same for every single event.

http://imgur.com/a/5Fozq
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »

Nice. Duergar Guard seems to be a good addition for Tank Companion users. I'm a little confused about Tymora's Lucky Coin, though. It's a BoE gear, but which slot does it go to? If it's an artifact, it doesn't seem like it has stats associated with it.
    edited March 2014
    Nice. Duergar Guard seems to be a good addition for Tank Companion users. I'm a little confused about Tymora's Lucky Coin, though. It's a BoE gear, but which slot does it go to? If it's an artifact, it doesn't seem like it has stats associated with it.

The coin looks like its similar to that cloak that makes you invisible , basically a buff item so reading it I wonder what the 330 increased rating is.

The companion will probably be battle for the bridge CTA star prize , companion bonus isn't too bad to miss out on if RNG continues its hate campaign against me.
  • helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »

A shame that the companion's not from the Tymora's Gift Box.

Thanks for the images!

I think it might be a consumable, unsure though. +350 to a stat could be nice.

That typo at "benefit" in the item's tooltip though, :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    That coin has a recharge timer so it can't be a consumable ,well you could describe it as a permanent consumable like you use it ,get the buff whatever it is then it has to recharge for 10 minutes plus it binds on equip , a consumable is gone with one use so no need to bind.
  • helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    That coin has a recharge timer so it can't be a consumable ,well you could describe it as a permanent consumable like you use it ,get the buff whatever it is then it has to recharge for 10 minutes plus it binds on equip , a consumable is gone with one use so no need to bind.

Nice, I wonder if that random rating also includes the new stats (the ones which does not increase GS like Combat Advantage Bonus, Healing Bonus, etc.) or just the usual stats like Recovery, Power, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]