What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Online Ranked Siren Backlash

Comments

• Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Jeeezzz..... people, anagram was solved several pages ago and proved in 3 languages (not to mention trailer).
    We need community mod to end this "Black Drake/Draken" madness.
    Its gonna be black ice, icewind dale and Kessell with his Crenshinibon deal with it :P
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    The Anagram:
    Online Siren Ranked Backlash

Creates the Secert Message:
    Akar Kesell And Crenshinibon

Also looking at the mountain behind the picture does give the idea that it could be in Icewind Dale, I to be honest hope it is Because im in the middle of reading The Legend of Drizzt: The Crystal Shard sooo it would be good to see this come to life.

well done!
  • Options
    drowbynightdrowbynight Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2014
    Bare skin naked crones in hall. :p
  • Options
    illideshillidesh Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Actually " Akar Kesell and Crenshinibon " is the right answer. Google it if you have any doubts. The power to know the secrets is at your very fingertips. Seek and you shall be given enlightenment. Or you know, just kinda blither on your way accepting or ignoring those who came before you.

ps... Safirewolf93 well done.
  • Options
    jokero2370jokero2370 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lone Drake Risen In Black Ash
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    illidesh wrote: »
    Actually " Akar Kesell and Crenshinibon " is the right answer. Google it if you have any doubts. The power to know the secrets is at your very fingertips. Seek and you shall be given enlightenment. Or you know, just kinda blither on your way accepting or ignoring those who came before you.

ps... Safirewolf93 well done.

Yes. A shame they took a little liberty and spelled it incorrectly. But it seems to be the most fitting answer.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Naked Black Drakes Buy Zen?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    I'm pretty sure about what's going to be coming with the module. http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Akar_Kessel

This is after the events of the Crystal Shard... "One hundred and twenty nine years later in 1485 DR, an Arcane Brotherhood agent's apprentice gathered an expedition of dwarves to explore Kelvin's Cairn for signs of Kessel's corpse. What they found was a wight - Kessel risen in undeath. Desperate to reconnect with Crenshinibon, which had been destroyed in the intervening years, Kessel was drawn to any remnant of the artifact's power. He led his discoverers to the site of his tower Cryshal-Tirith. Dust from Cryshal-Tirith when it was destroyed had fused with the ice - which came to be known as black ice - but it retained no remnant of Crenshinibon's intelligence. The dwarven miners in the group however began to attack each other after they had touched it - much to Kessel's amusement. The wight encouraged the last remaining dwarf, Baerick Hammerstone to begin crafting items from the black ice."
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    One thing gets me with this...why have they released teaser vid in other countries but not in US???
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    We'll reveal the solution this week. Stay tuned!
  • Options
    snipegunnersnipegunner Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2014
    The failed wizard Akar Kessel, left to die in the Spine of the World, found Crenshinibon, the Crystal Shard, a magical, sentient crystal with the ability to lend power to its wielder, make tower sanctuaries in the likeness of itself, and insinuate itself into the minds of others, including that of its wielder.
    Akar Kessell and Crenshinibon of the Icewind Dale Trilogy; Indeed only the most hardened DnD nerd would have discovered that.
    Well done.
  • Options
    dadanddragons#6895 dadanddragons Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes. A shame they took a little liberty and spelled it incorrectly. But it seems to be the most fitting answer.

Thank the gods someone pointed this out, I was about to lose it completely about the lack of esses. :D
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The failed wizard Akar Kessel, left to die in the Spine of the World, found Crenshinibon, the Crystal Shard, a magical, sentient crystal with the ability to lend power to its wielder, make tower sanctuaries in the likeness of itself, and insinuate itself into the minds of others, including that of its wielder.
    Akar Kessell and Crenshinibon of the Icewind Dale Trilogy; Indeed only the most hardened DnD nerd would have discovered that.
    Well done.

The problem with this is Akar Kessell as been long gone, was weak and an uninteresting character and Crenshinibon died with the red dragon and the illithid when their shared the dracolich body, known as The Ghost King and was destroyed making the Cadderly the new Ghost king. Although some Black Ice from Crenshinibon as been found Near Icewind Dale and the next module is set in Icewind Dale and Valindra seems hellbent on raising a Dracolich, I don't see anything in the Anagram other then Crenshinibon.
  • Options
    pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    we'll reveal the solution this week. Stay tuned!

bards confirmed!!!
  • Options
    emmmamirabeauemmmamirabeau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Stop Quoting Icewind Dale that game is comepletely different and has nothing to do with neverwinter or dungeons and dragons they said they would reveal the answer this week so leave it at that.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Stop Quoting Icewind Dale that game is comepletely different and has nothing to do with neverwinter or dungeons and dragons they said they would reveal the answer this week so leave it at that.

The next module for Neverwinter is called Curse of Icewind Dale and since when is Icewind Dale nothing to do with D&D? Icewind Dale is set in the D&D Forgotten Realms campaign and is based around the D&D 2nd edition ruleset , I'm not even into D&D and I know that.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014

Aww. Don't be such a spoil sport. If you don't want to solve the puzzle that's fine but let's not ruin everybody else's fun.
  • Options
    iceflow2iceflow2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    El'oinn Darken Rise n Blackash
  • Options
    theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    The problem with this is Akar Kessell as been long gone, was weak and an uninteresting character and Crenshinibon died with the red dragon and the illithid when their shared the dracolich body, known as The Ghost King and was destroyed making the Cadderly the new Ghost king. Although some Black Ice from Crenshinibon as been found Near Icewind Dale and the next module is set in Icewind Dale and Valindra seems hellbent on raising a Dracolich, I don't see anything in the Anagram other then Crenshinibon.

from the trailers it would seem the story is of the black ice. as this is from a drizzt story i find it fitting. cursed unsporting of the marketing department not to make the anagram "Online Ranked Sirens Backlash" possibly Vanna missed an "S" tile (highly unlikely). printer ran out of ink maybe?

(allusion to Wheel of Fortune television show and Vanna White's name used without permission or compensation. Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment disavow prior knowledge of or any part taken in the composition of this post)
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    grimrod614 wrote: »
    Never leave home without a cleric !
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    steamsharksteamshark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My favorite so far but it leave n e r e k. Anyone?
  • Options
    alarinnalarinn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hmm, I almost thought it would be "Klaatu verata nikto", but all I got was a brain <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    bohlowbohlow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The name is and has always been Akar Kessel.

So no one at Perfect World thought that perhaps they should make sure they got the name correct for the main character they're building this entire module around?
    Not only is it wrong here, but it's also been changed for the title of the Forgotten Realms wiki page that people have been showing as contributing proof:
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Akar_Kessel (note the page's URL and references to him throughout are still correct).
    Also who added that non-lore section about the year 1485 DR? Was it someone from PW or was it someone who'd seen the youtube trailer for the 3rd module?

I would hope PerfectWorld have been working with (at least consulting with) Wizards of the Coast & R.A. Salvatore to make sure they don't screw the content up. This sort of thing makes me less than hopeful.

What's next? Do the Babarians of the North recall their legendary hero Wolfgur Son of Bornagor? Are the Dwarfs in the region members of the Bighammer clan?

And to those asking about the image of the two bladed elf earlier in the thread, yes that is Drizzt; no other elf, Drow or otherwise, had lavender eyes. (Of course just because it was that way in the books maybe that means nothing?)
    Not sure where it came from though, is it definitely NW related?
    Edit: would appear it's not NW related: http://my-realms.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/dark-weavings-incorporating-crystal.html

/thus ends the nerdiest rant I've ever had.
  • Options
    viper238viper238 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Obelisk riders (of) lake canna?

I don't know.
  • Options
    thefixx2thefixx2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think the notes says the future of Neverwinter should have traits of some other great online worlds. Like ultima online and Shadowbane. It says we will have player housing and the ability to build player and guild cities, with open world pvp to control castles and destroy/defend player cities. Better crafting with the new ability "Tinkering" and "Carpentry" and "Fishing". With custom boats and ships, and ocean battles, the ability to have 8-10 person groups instead of lousy 5. The note should be more of a novel found by the backpack.
  • Options
    drowbynightdrowbynight Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2014
    thefixx2 wrote: »
    Better crafting with the new ability "Tinkering" and "Carpentry" and "Fishing".

Online siren ranked backlash =

kill snake share bacon dinner

Oh yeah, Cryptic will add a cooking crafting skill in the future. Snake meat and bacon, yummy! ;)
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    it'll be great when cmpinpointerror confirms the true answer:

D R I N K Y O U R O V A L T I N E
  • Options
    filluslosstarotfilluslosstarot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    branovicesbranovices Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    One Bard Healer Class... Kink Inn?
  • Options
    ccooney13ccooney13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kreatyve wrote: »
    Pretty sure this has been solved. My question is... when is it going to be released??? Or at least on the preview shard?

Legacy of the Crystal Shard would be black ice... since that is what is left of the crystal shard
  • Options
    ardeceanardecean Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Akar Kesell and Crenshinibon

Akar Kesell, and Crenshinibon also called "The Crystal Shard"

During a trip to Icewind Dale in 1351 DR, Dendybar the Mottled persuaded Kessel to kill Morkai in return for a place of power in the Host Tower. Kessel, blinded by greed, killed Morkai - the nearest thing he had to a father. Dendybar, in return, left him to freeze in the snow.

By chance (or perhaps not) Kessel came upon Crenshinibon. The crystal shard dominated his weak mind easily. Together, he and the artifact dominated an army of orcs, goblins and trolls as well as others over the next five years, allying them with the local Reghedmen and the Balor lord Errtu in an attempt to take over the Ten-Towns before moving on to loftier goals.

Just my guess...

It would lead us to Icewind Dale Whoot Whoot
    If you don't mind, It doesn't matter.
    TAW CC
    Shadows From Within Campaign
    Recruitment Forum
    The Art of Warfare
This discussion has been closed.