test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Be careful of hijackers...

lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I had heard about groups/guilds doing this, but had never experienced it until recently.

Basically, I did a dungeon run and we had leavers. We were doing fine and just kept going figuring the que would fill in the spots. We got near the end and then got "hijacked".

What happened during the majority of the run was this... Occasionally we'd get people "popping" into the group and then leaving. I noticed that the individuals were the same ones. ie. I'd see the same fighter, cleric, and caster pop in and out again. Then towards the end, right before the end boss, they popped back in again and someone initiated a vote to start booting people in the original group. What basically happened was that they booted the original group, and filled all the slots with their own people.

Unfortunately, due to the forum rules, I can't point out the guild/people that did this, but they ARE out there. So just as a warning to people doing dungeon runs. If you see someone pop into the group and then a vote to start kicking people is initiated, do NOT hit "Yes". This is, most likely, an attempt to hijack your dungeon run. EVEN if the person that's voted is the weakest player in the group, ie. the fighter that doesn't know his shield from his behind, do NOT hit "Yes".

Just in case you're wondering... Yes, it WAS a particular guild because all the people that replaced us in that instance were all in the same guild. That and I started to get nasty/insulting /tells from their guildies that weren't in the instance after I sent a /tell to one of the ones that was in the instance.

Too bad there isn't a way for Cryptic to make it so that people just joining a group via the que, in mid-run, can't initiate a vote to kick. Also, it'd help if the vote to kick didn't just require 1 or 2 votes to boot. It would be better if it required a unanimous vote.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
"Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
Post edited by lady808 on

Comments

• Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i'm sorry to hear that this is happening in-game. if you haven't already, i would suggest submitting a ticket to customer service describing what you experienced and include the guild name as well as the individuals that were involved... any information or screenshots that you have is going to be useful.
  • Options
    zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2014
    The system needs to be changed to a 4 out of 5 to fix this issue. I have seen the same thing, and it has turned my son off from running dungeons at all.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zyphxx wrote: »
    The system needs to be changed to a 4 out of 5 to fix this issue. I have seen the same thing, and it has turned my son off from running dungeons at all.

I'd like to shameless plug the NW_Legit_Community channel, as I haven't had that experience with those folks. In general, if I see more than 2 people from the same guild in a PUG, I become very wary of things...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    i said no 2kick vote, then i was kicked out..................
  • Options
    nokie321nokie321 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This has happened to me probably 4 times to 5 times already. I like going with pugs, helping them in runs because I don't really need DD chest any more unless I go for rough ADs and maybe the occasional loot. I'm never the first one to get booted, AND I always vote "NO"... but still my comrades get kicked off the team until "loading" appears on my screen. There's a guild notorious for this action and I have already warned my friends. And there's another guild but I forgot to take note of their guild because it was in a different language. I have suggested time and time again to make voting UNANIMOUS :)
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I'd like to shameless plug the NW_Legit_Community channel, as I haven't had that experience with those folks. In general, if I see more than 2 people from the same guild in a PUG, I become very wary of things...

Even if you enter with legit ppl and they have to leave or get disconnected it's not stoping "hijackers" from joining or is the legit community endowed with greater power?
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes, this is a thing. People queue up to find groups that are at or near the last boss. They then "highjack" the group so they can get quick boss kills and DD chests.

Once you get into a group, you just have to start getting people kicked while the rest of your cohorts queue for that dungeon, until you're all together, then you profit.

It's pretty disguising behavior.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And the devs never figured this would happen?
    Suggestion: a toggle for queue replacement i case a slot gets free b/c someone left/dc
    "Do you allow replacements?" "Never/Always/Only from Guild of Party leader"'
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They are exploiting the game mechanics to gain unfare advantage. Bans are in order but that takes months and usually occurs after the exploit is fix which seems to also takes months.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    This has been reported and we'll be investigating it now.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This has been reported and we'll be investigating it now.

So if people are reported for hijacking runs like this action will definitely be taken against them now? this kind of behavior is becoming a real issue , something as simple as making it impossible for a person to start a kick vote more than once per party and then having a cooldown before anybody else can be kicked from a group so one person after another can't be kicked would be a start in fixing this.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    So if people are reported for hijacking runs like this action will definitely be taken against them now? this kind of behavior is becoming a real issue , something as simple as making it impossible for a person to start a kick vote more than once per party and then having a cooldown before anybody else can be kicked from a group so one person after another can't be kicked would be a start in fixing this.

If you are able to fully document it, via screenshots and/or video, our Support Team will take a look at the evidence and take the appropriate action.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you are able to fully document it, via screenshots and/or video, our Support Team will take a look at the evidence and take the appropriate action.
    I have never been voted out so far, but I imagine that it is impossible to make a screenshot worth the pixels after I have been voted out. I imagine that all my parties member information is gone by then, and I sit the center of PE and feel betrayed.

Can you describe the information that is needed in more detail?

I mean, I have a lot of screenshots, but what would make an "official" of PWE act upon? Could you give examples which information is essential?
    How do you imagine when I shall start acquiring screenshots or gathering information?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Moderator Notice:
    . . .
    Discussion of what is allowed or not on the forums and how a Moderator should or should not post (Grammar/Punctuation, etc) is not a discussion for this, or any thread. Temporarily closed while being cleansed of irrelevant replies. (Update: The thread has now been cleansed. Stay on topic.)

. . . Do not reply to this Moderator Notice, for doing so is not allowed. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss forum moderation.
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Been quite a few threads on this topic. I sincerely hope the Devs make this a priority item for the next patch.
    Not only is group hijacking an issue, I've also been booted 3 secs after queing into a DD group.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I've also been booted 3 secs after queing into a DD group.

That's because the group is waiting for a known replacement (friend, guildie, whatever) and you were not them. This will not stop until people can actually invite others into their instance groups properly, like in other MMOs.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    That's because the group is waiting for a known replacement (friend, guildie, whatever) and you were not them. This will not stop until people can actually invite others into their instance groups properly, like in other MMOs.

This is not a good reason, because they can already do what you suggest. It is called building a team THEN joining the dungeon queue.

My son and I joined one, and he was kicked as soon as it started. So I left also. He was mad enough that he has not played the game since, and assumed it was because he was playing an HR.

This really is rude behavior, and it it continues it will give the community as a whole a bad name.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    This is not a good reason, because they can already do what you suggest. It is called building a team THEN joining the dungeon queue.

My son and I joined one, and he was kicked as soon as it started. So I left also. He was mad enough that he has not played the game since, and assumed it was because he was playing an HR.

This really is rude behavior, and it it continues it will give the community as a whole a bad name.

Yes exactly. If your guildie can't join you and you don't want to wait for him then kicking other players and causing them to lose their chance at DD is griefing. And it will cause many people to leave the game in disgust - a fact that Cryptic should take not of.

Cryptic should bans start handling out bans for this ESPECIALLY if it is done by guilds.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

Yes, and then the group's CW disconnects and needs to be replaced. They ask in /guild, get a decent replacement. They then get them to queue until they get in.

I was not actually soliciting your opinion, or indeed your approval. You can fume and rant if you choose; I was merely explaining what was going on, as you don't appear to understand it.

It is a serious omission in the game, which probably should be addressed as it causes obvious problems. It passeth all understanding how the game got out of beta without this being solved. This particular problem isn't rocket surgery to resolve, as players of other MMOs will have noticed. However, pulling angryface and demanding the summary punishment of players trying to get sane outcomes out of a pathological system resembles Victorian penal policy rather than an honest attempt to address the problem.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I understand it just fine, and still don't agree with it. Also if that is why, it is pretty simple to let the person know you are waiting for someone specific.

I however do agree that there needs to be a way to invite specific people to a group if need be.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    . . . In response to players who take thier time and "derp" around being selfish... I say nay, on the contrary... it is those who have a need to speed charge through delves to increase their chances of getting good loot and critisizing those who do not want to rush through content to be the selfish ones instead, in such a regard.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . In response to players who take thier time and "derp" around being selfish... I say nay, on the contrary... it is those who have a need to speed charge through delves to increase their chances of getting good loot and critisizing those who do not want to rush through content to be the selfish ones instead, in such a regard.

Here here... Completely agree.

Having seen some of this myself, I honestly believe the only real answer is to disable team vote kick at the last boss altogether. All too often do I see such selfish actions taking place in the name of speed & greed, yet I PUG outside of NW_Legit or Guild only 1-2 times a week. So to me, this is a rather prevalent condition.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    wildlustwildlust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited March 2014

Actually the real problem is the content is much harder for the "Gearscore" it is rated at and people who usually just make the rating will hinder or be carried. In a pug situation where you have up to 5 strangers, yeah people will start kicking because of this.

On one hand you have a prize at the end and on the other you have content that allows players into it that really shouldn't be there in a pug situation. GS varies from class to class too.

The queue system needs many improvements to it.

The ability to invite a player. Yeah that only makes this issue worse, but at the same time there are many groups that sit in a dungeon because there is no tank in queue. As we all know that is the least needed or desired class in the game right now. At least don't let my queue pop until there is a full group to enter a dungeon?

I can go on,but don't want to highjack this thread to much sorry....
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is absolutely disgusting. To all you hijackers out there. How would you feel if you were vote kicked out at the last boss, even if you'd only been in there for 15 minutes? You would be angry. Imagine how people feel if they've been in there for an hour plus (maybe 5 hours). Do you have no feelings other than for your own greed and gain. People like you make this game a hideous experience.

Get a group together and start your own instance, if you can't then tough you have no right to ruin someone else gaming experience. Tough if you think these people are ruining your game experience, they are learning to play and this not selfish and nasty like you kicking them so you can get an easy loot or your friends in the dungeon.

If your friends need you in the dungeon to help then they can't be that good can they?

Sure if you help a failed group out, maybe they should pass on the boss drop so you at least get something for helping them and they still get their DD chest, but it doesn't give you the right to just kick them out. Even if you think they are selfish for sticking around, perhaps they are just determined and not quitters and want to learn.

This is a group game and you have to be considerate to other players not just yourself and your guild. After all the game is free to play and this kind of behaviour put lots of people off playing and could lower the population and result in the game's early demise.

THINK ABOUT THAT.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    evalira wrote: »
    This is absolutely disgusting. To all you hijackers out there. How would you feel if you were vote kicked out at the last boss, even if you'd only been in there for 15 minutes? You would be angry. Imagine how people feel if they've been in there for an hour plus (maybe 5 hours). Do you have no feelings other than for your own greed and gain. People like you make this game a hideous experience.

Get a group together and start your own instance, if you can't then tough you have no right to ruin someone else gaming experience. Tough if you think these people are ruining your game experience, they are learning to play and this not selfish and nasty like you kicking them so you can get an easy loot or your friends in the dungeon.

If your friends need you in the dungeon to help then they can't be that good can they?

Sure if you help a failed group out, maybe they should pass on the boss drop so you at least get something for helping them and they still get their DD chest, but it doesn't give you the right to just kick them out. Even if you think they are selfish for sticking around, perhaps they are just determined and not quitters and want to learn.

This is a group game and you have to be considerate to other players not just yourself and your guild. After all the game is free to play and this kind of behaviour put lots of people off playing and could lower the population and result in the game's early demise.

THINK ABOUT THAT.

There is nothing for them to think about. There is no current consequence to their selfish actions. Selfish is selfish. They care not about the impact to other people, only themselves and the easiest way to gain access to things they want. The best thing to do is complain by submitting a ticket/report. Complain loud. Complain often, and with as much useful information as you can. Names, guilds, screenshots etc.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    . . . In response to players who take their time and "derp" around being selfish... I say nay, on the contrary... it is those who have a need to speed charge through delves to increase their chances of getting good loot and criticizing those who do not want to rush through content to be the selfish ones instead, in such a regard.
    Hear Hear.
    I dislike speed runs. I am in the dungeon for the fun, not the profit. I do stop to gather the skill nodes, open the chests, hit the side rooms, and pick up the loot. Unlike others I have not run the same dungeon 30 times over and over again. I have run all of the dungeons, except for one, but none of them more than 5 times. Eventually I will have done them perhaps a dozen or more times, but until then I will continue to play my way.
    To defenders of Hijacking. How dare you say that because I like to take my time, I am ruining your experience. I guess my idea of a pleasant experience matters little to you and your greed. Yes, I have been in a dungeon for three hours, and will do so again. Why, because we were learning the dungeon and the boss fights. Unlike most, we would actually stop after a wipe and discuss things, and the best way to move forward. Form your own group of greed and let the rest of us have fun. Fortunately I have not yet run across your ilk, and certainly hope not to. However if for some reason one of my team is unlucky and has real life interfere with his run, why should you be able to come and dictate your terms to us?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mod note: this thread has been cleansed a second time. understand that the way the queue system is being manipulated here is not working as intended, it has been reported to the devs and if your delve is hijacked, try to get screenshots and as much information as you can and submit a report to the GMs. screenshots can be attached to your tickets via the website.

praising the griefing of players, elitism, and anything that can incite others into grief, frustration or anger is considered trolling. mom told me a long time ago (1358 DR or it could have been earlier) that if i didn't have anything nice to say, i shouldn't say a word. respect goes a long way on these forums.

do not reply to this moderation note. instead, send us a PM if you'd like to discuss it.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

To be fair, I have been in groups that were formed through the Looking For Group channel and ran a dungeon. This party then seems okay until you arrive at one of the bosses. At this point either the party overall is weaker than anticipated or there are one or two members that may appear good enough via gear score but in reality they are very poor or inexperienced players (like the DC we had in Frozen Heart that died first every time against Hrimnir and even had Soothe, a broken and useless class feature, slotted) and they tank it for everyone else. At this point one or more players quit because you have spent over an hour in the dungeon. The next step is either hope someone decent is waiting in the queue or the remaining party members start asking friends or guildies to help out. I myself have done this.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
This discussion has been closed.