test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Call to Arms! Orc Assault?

jasonf247jasonf247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
They just put up a news story about the next call to arms event. It's allegedly the Orc Assault again. I don't know if they are really running this one again or if someone mistakenly put up an unfinished article. The picture of the reward companion is something new and looks like it's in Hotenow instead of at the orc skirmish site. I enjoyed the orc skirmish, but I do hope they go through all the other skirmishes as events before re-running the previous ones. I also hope they'll be a little more generous with the drop rates. You shouldn't have to grind through it several dozen times to get the reward. Keep the event fun and set it up so that people can get the reward with reasonable effort without turning it into a complete slog. You could even raise the drop rate to 25% and make it account bound. That would give everyone a chance to earn some companions for all their characters, and the grinders will still play all day for the special enchants.
Post edited by jasonf247 on

Comments

• imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Unless I'm badly mistaken that isn't the one that was listed on the test server a week or two back , it was due to be Temple defense ,it looks like they have pushed that back to next month and are rerunning this one , thank got I sold my spare Armored orc wolf a couple of weeks back .
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm not certain the accompanying image is of a companion, or if it's a preview of the shield skin (which you couldn't get the first time around).

The in-game event description still lists the wolf as the companion.

There are a lot of people who liked the weapon skins from the original event but were unable to get them, and now they'll even be able to take advantage of the new medallion system. Also, a lot of people have been requesting the return of Savage enchants. I'd say it's a win.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah I got the Skull orb weapon transmute but for the longest time it was on it's side so I finally just transmuted over it , it is a nice opportunity to get another one.

Edit - That shield looks beastly lol ,it looks like the GF just ripped up half a fence to use as a shield .
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Yeah it looks like the expanded Orc Assault to include an offhand which is aweseome.

While I am not a huge fan of the wooden shield for my character I think it looks great.
    And it'll be interesting to see what items this CTA has in store for Hunter Rangers. I will never use an axe on my Hunter Ranger and sadly I expect axes from orcs but maybe the bow will look interesting for my character. :)

I remember doing the Helm's Hold CTA and noticing all of the NPC's that used the axe such as the Shock Troop Devils also had a really sweet looking shield as well that I was jealous I could not get at that time. I would love to see the ability to get that shield too!

New CTA's are awesome but repeating some of the old ones can have some nice effects too especially if they take the time to add in offhands and/or new weapons.

Edit - That shield looks beastly lol ,it looks like the GF just ripped up half a fence to use as a shield.
    Go Team Fencebane!
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Back then no Off-Hands dropped, seems they added them. I've added much more toons since the first time they run the event, so I welcome the chance to provide them with Savage weapons.

I assume that they'll change these versions to BtA and that everything but the companion will be available for Medallions of Battle.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Not that I have anything against running CTA's on skirmishes a second time, but I would really like to see them get through all the skirmishes once before repeating them. Regardless of what they are adding to the repeats.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    xelliz wrote: »
    Not that I have anything against running CTA's on skirmishes a second time, but I would really like to see them get through all the skirmishes once before repeating them. Regardless of what they are adding to the repeats.

This.

First do all skirmishes them repeat and add what was left off the first time.

But sincerely I think the "awesome developers of this awesome game" are afraid to not get the high lvl ones balanced. The Stone of Subjugation is going to be crazy with this narrow minded community that think only in damage burst the boss and forget the adds.:p:rolleyes:
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Meh, I was hoping to see the Temple defense skirmish that was shown in the calendar.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    xelliz wrote: »

While I agree, I hope this is a sign that they are hard at work on Mod 3.
  • krowsyskrowsys Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    I assume that they'll change these versions to BtA and that everything but the companion will be available for Medallions of Battle.
    I hope this is not the case.

Last CtA: Storming the Keep I played all weekend and only got 1 companion, I was going for 4, 1 per character. I prefer to earn my rewards vs. leaving it to a RNG (Random Number Generator) or whatever determined whether I would get one.

In other words, I rather play the event 20 times and earn a specific number of tokens needed per companion then chance running it 10-30 times and get no Companion. I felt like I wasted that weekend when I could have spent it in Star Trek Online earning rewards.

So if that's the case I'll pass on this and all events like it and wait for events like the Summer and Winter Festivals.

Good luck to you all and have fun.;)
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Meh i've gotten the rewards from here. Don't really need or want more of the same stuff. I'm not excited at all. :)

I wish they could at least have the decency to make CTA versions of all the low level skirmishes before doing reruns, because, you know, there are players here since day 1 and waiting for stuff to do, and it would definitely not hurt new players in any way, but I guess it's too much to ask. :(
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Personally, I couldn't care less where we have the CTA, or what we'll be doing. What I do care about is having a reason to do it in the first place, and sadly, I really don't expect much. It was fun to get transmutable items the first time, but since then, I haven't really cared much for any events. Think about LotRO, for instance. The cosmetic items there were never actually equipped, so we just equipped a copy of it. This means we could equip an item on one character, then send it to another and have him/her equip it too. I really wish they could do that with these CTA transmutable items. That way my TR would only need one transmutable sword to transmute both her actual swords, and she could keep transmuting them after an upgrade. That would go a long, long way to make me care.

As for companions, they too could easily go transmutable instead. I know it won't make sense, but at least that way we could use whatever companion we want, and still get the new skin. Same for mounts, for that matter. That way the companions and mounts we get in the CTA would be useful, and not just go to the AH for some quick cash.

Even the CTAs themselves have to be greatly updated. I don't care for doing the same, old skirmish over and over and over again, even if they call it a CTA now. I want to do something entirely new. We're going to the tower district? How about having a dragon invade it, or xomething? And I mean that quite literally, as in a dragon could invade the actual, non-instanced Tower District every hour or so. Of course we would need a 10 minute warning to make sure the high-level players have time to show up, but that's a minor issue. Or we could have high-level NPC guards show up to take care of it, perhaps. Lots of possiblities, but... "nah, we'll just stick to the same old <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as before." :(
    edited February 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Meh, I was hoping to see the Temple defense skirmish that was shown in the calendar.

It has been pushed back a month, but is still scheduled.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• elxvlelxvl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    where is the store vendor located??
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    twstdecho wrote: »
    While I agree, I hope this is a sign that they are hard at work on Mod 3.

I was thinking that today...if they recycled Orc Skirmish but with the new reward system, maybe its because they are humping it on Mod 3 stuff
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    elxvl wrote: »
    where is the store vendor located??

Protectors Enclave, on one of the Platforms leading up from the Market to the Lord Protector, maybe like two or three LvLs up. It is very crowded and hard to miss.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bdragonb wrote: »
    This.

First do all skirmishes them repeat and add what was left off the first time.

But sincerely I think the "awesome developers of this awesome game" are afraid to not get the high lvl ones balanced. The Stone of Subjugation is going to be crazy with this narrow minded community that think only in damage burst the boss and forget the adds.:p:rolleyes:

whats this stone of subjugation thing?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My guess is that they pulled Orc Assault back into service due to Temple Defense being pushed back. They wanted an event this weekend and couldn't do the one planned, so they recycled this one. I ran it a little while ago during the skirmish hour. It's a lot easier than it was the last time for me, not that it was hard before. My GWF has about 5k more GS and a stone this time around. IBS critting on Mog took a large chunk of his health. As far as the drop rate, well it's all RNG but I got two wolves and two rank 5 Savages in that hour. I only got two wolves during the whole weekend last time.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • zsothezsothe Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The main thing I like is the weapon transmutes and the free enchantments.... Hello refinement points.
    edited February 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    whats this stone of subjugation thing?

Seems to be an old name for Aberrant Assault, seen in Rhix's daily and possibly nowhere else.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• cubano#0741 cubano Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just to say that i´ve done that event like 25 times and no companion... got from 58 to 60 lol... a friend of mine drop it at the 2nd atempt :S whe should be able to buy it with tokens lol tired of doing it :S
    fs_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • loxxxyloxxxy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is my first time running this event. I really enjoyed it and look forward to more in the future. I've got 4 characters and 2 are 60. I've managed to get the wolf on the 60s but i had to run it about 30 times on each to get it. I didn't mind as there's lots of runes and stuff which are great for lower levels and for vets I suppose.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm also disappointed to see Orc Assault being recycled already, but it is what it is. With the way the last sales of the orc wolf went by the time this launched, I'm hoping to turn something of a profit if possible further down the line that may or may not mimic what is there right now.

But hey, at least this is a CTA that got launched this time with 0 lag issues XD. Oh well. I too am in favor of earning a pet than leaving it to RNG, though that also puts the fear in me that they'll make it as tedious to get as the Fawn @_@. jebuz that became such an annoying grind, even with movies in the background.
    contents to be decided
  • jaitillisjaitillis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    loxxxy wrote: »
    This is my first time running this event. I really enjoyed it and look forward to more in the future. I've got 4 characters and 2 are 60. I've managed to get the wolf on the 60s but i had to run it about 30 times on each to get it. I didn't mind as there's lots of runes and stuff which are great for lower levels and for vets I suppose.

You're lucky. I'm at over 50 run with no wolves to show for it. Honestly, for lower levels this event sucks. You get almost no experience (Those 50 runs haven't even gotten me a half of a level), and a whole bunch of stuff that doesn't sell well enough to make back the money spent on scrolls, so basically becomes vendor trash.

I wish they would just have the wolf purchasable with tokens, as I have a few thousand of those to spare now
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I must be extremely lucky then. I have gotten 4 of the orc wolves in 34 runs. I would still like to get 2 more for my other two characters, but if I do not it is okay. The last CTA I did not even get 1 of the companions, so....
  • norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I still have no wolf. I'm not sure how many times I've run this event but I have a few toons with well over 1000 tokens on them each. The enchant drops for easy refining are keeping me going at least.
  • aubossauboss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    norsemanx wrote: »
    I still have no wolf. I'm not sure how many times I've run this event but I have a few toons with well over 1000 tokens on them each. The enchant drops for easy refining are keeping me going at least.

Yea drop rate is a freaking joke.
    I have well over 1000 tokens (not sure how many times I have run it, at least 30) and haven't got a wolf yet.

That is just ridiculous.

I am not expecting it to drop easily but seriously it has been at least 30 times now.
  • yetimen1961yetimen1961 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12
    edited February 2014
    does the armored orc wolf drop? i did CTA with 2 different characters lvl 58 and lvl 24 atleast 100 times so far no drop, only dye packs and enchantments.
  • bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    First OA CTA I got 6 wolfs runing all my chars until I got the weapon model for all of them, they are 5. Now I have did around 60 runs with my ranger and no wolf yet.
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bdragonb wrote: »
    First OA CTA I got 6 wolfs runing all my chars until I got the weapon model for all of them, they are 5. Now I have did around 60 runs with my ranger and no wolf yet.

Yeah I think I did too,

I've done this one so much in the past couple days I think I'm pretty orc'd out.