What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cupcake pve destroyer gwf dps guide.

Comments

• Options
    chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I see you talk about switching companions alot to active slots, since your insanely rich why not buy 5 or 10? there not expensive and you could benefit from all of the buffs
  • Options
    erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    chantola21 wrote: »
    I see you talk about switching companions alot to active slots, since your insanely rich why not buy 5 or 10? there not expensive and you could benefit from all of the buffs

hey, you can only have 5 active slots
  • Options
    nwforum1nwforum1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    erikiki1 wrote: »
    Updated again, some stuffs changed recently:
    -Re-specced to get 3/3 points in mighty leap
    -Now using Mighty Leap and Come and Get It depending on the party set-up
    was amazed with the dodge/mobility utility and the uncapped ability Mighty Leap gives I've began using it

This made my day. How many GWFs jumped down stox's throat in that deep gash thread for ever suggesting the use of mighty leap? I love it!
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nwforum1 wrote: »
    This made my day. How many GWFs jumped down stox's throat in that deep gash thread for ever suggesting the use of mighty leap? I love it!

what a strawman.

To answer your question, not many that I recall, and none for the reasons stox was suggesting. I've always kept mighty leap at 3/3 because it's situationally useful in select party set ups, gives you a non-daily dodge, and if group dps is far beyond overkill that you pull half a dungeon at once it allows you to apply deep gash to everything before they all explode. It's actual damage is nonexistent.

Stox was suggesting that nerfing deep gash is ok because we have mighty leap which is an unlimited target cap attack and that balances it out. So sorry, your statement is lols. do not pass go, do not collect $200.
  • Options
    alcibaides415bcalcibaides415bc Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    what a strawman.

To answer your question, not many that I recall, and none for the reasons stox was suggesting. I've always kept mighty leap at 3/3 because it's situationally useful in select party set ups, gives you a non-daily dodge, and if group dps is far beyond overkill that you pull half a dungeon at once it allows you to apply deep gash to everything before they all explode. It's actual damage is nonexistent.

Stox was suggesting that nerfing deep gash is ok because we have mighty leap which is an unlimited target cap attack and that balances it out. So sorry, your statement is lols. do not pass go, do not collect $200.

So you're saying Mighty Leap plus Come and get it doesn't outdps wicked strike/ any one of top 3 dps encounter?
  • Options
    badeacelraubadeacelrau Member Posts: 85
    edited February 2014
    Bro, "Come and Get it" is a LOL encounter. It only pulls 5 targets, does no damage of its own and it doesn't even count as a control spell. Of course, if you don't have CWs, or if everyone pushes targets like they're crazy, it's better than nothing, it will help the process of cleaning instead of everyone going on 1-2 targets. In case of massive pulls it's ~ 0. That doesn't make it good, it's just the only thing a GWF got.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yup, I only use Come and Get it if there are no CWs or the 1 CW we have likes using oppresive force :rolleyes: you'll lose dps but you'll make the trash clearing faster. When we did the 5 GWF CN, 3 people were using Come and Get It and the run was just as fast as a regular comp's run, we finished in 28 mins. (shadowfell included :p)
  • Options
    pab77pab77 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Come and Get doesn't make much sense on a destro SM (with the exceptions cupcake mentioned), but if a Sent IV doesn't slot come and get it and keeps pushing and spreading mobs like no tomorrow, that's counter productive.
  • Options
    gretzkogretzko Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2014
    Yup, I only use Come and Get it if there are no CWs or the 1 CW we have likes using oppresive force :rolleyes: you'll lose dps but you'll make the trash clearing faster. When we did the 5 GWF CN, 3 people were using Come and Get It and the run was just as fast as a regular comp's run, we finished in 28 mins. (shadowfell included :p)

Cupcake the GWC (great weapon control) hahaha
  • Options
    jaapjaap Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2014
    Which stats to focus on at around lv30? I'm guessing power and armor penetration?
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jaap wrote: »
    Which stats to focus on at around lv30? I'm guessing power and armor penetration?
    For leveling I always slot Lifesteal/Regen... Keeps you alive longer to do more damage.

After that, whatever you want really. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    jaapjaap Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2014
    For leveling I always slot Lifesteal/Regen... Keeps you alive longer to do more damage.

After that, whatever you want really. :)

I just spam hp pot. Or run to side of red boss attacks. I want dmg, this guide is made for that. I dont die that fast.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I just spam hp pot. Or run to side of red boss attacks. I want dmg, this guide is made for that. I dont die that fast.
    You asked a question, and I was simply offering my insight... Carry on as you will! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I just finished leveling a GWF (Swordmaster Destroyer, following this guide!), and I found that if I kept my Regen at about a constant 5%, everything went smoothly. I enchanted for power (Radiants) and I kept my ArPen at around 10-15% or so, and tried to keep my Critical Strike high-ish but didn't fret too much about it if it wasn't all that high. The only places where I struggled throughout all of leveling were with the Rimehound (final boss of Icespire) and Temple of the Primordial (final boss of Hotenow) but those two bosses are genuinely challenging in their own rights.

(And by "struggled", I mean "took two attempts to defeat".)

(I didn't do Whispering Caverns because by then I reached level 60, so I can't comment on that zone.)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    time for another update:

so I'll admit, I havent used Steel Blitz ever since pre-module 1 and I started running with it again for the past week. after numerous runs of VT and CN, I can say you'll actually do more dps with steel blitz rather than weapon master on trash clearing (this is assuming that your group is doing big pulls). It works very well with uncapped abilities like avalanche of steel and mighty leap, and also since the mark from an IBS killing blow is counted as a "hit", it also procs steel blitz.

I've tried hitting 50 adds at once and i got 50 procs of steel blitz......LOL
    I don't know the exact number of adds to get a 100% chance of steel blitz on each enemy but whatever.

A9g6VEJ.png]

also i got a shard of valindra's crown artifact and i only upgraded it to the level where I'll get 300 power(level 59-rare quality), not gonna be upgrading it anytime soon cause the +control bonus is a meh stat lol, and i have already enoughc lifesteal to keep me alive(1,046 - 8.2%).

edit: forgot to mention that I've changed the at-wills selection depending on the dungeon
  • Options
    geelawgeelaw Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If I use the respec option will I be able to roll my stats or redo my stats again when you first start start your character? I mean the base stats. I wanna switch some con or dex to strength.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    geelaw wrote: »
    If I use the respec option will I be able to roll my stats or redo my stats again when you first start start your character? I mean the base stats. I wanna switch some con or dex to strength.

unfortunately not :(
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Looks like steel blitz doesn't benefit from arp. All those hits are only dealing 80%
  • Options
    jmikezjmikez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    do u still take restoring strike over leap for trash mobs? or u just forgot to update the encounters section? ;p
    Jeanne -- 21.8k PvP CW
    Michael -- 21.1k PvP Sent GWF
    morePewPewlessQQ -- 20k Pvp/PvE HR
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    jmikez wrote: »
    do u still take restoring strike over leap for trash mobs? or u just forgot to update the encounters section? ;p

changed it now, I'm having a hard time editing with this new setup of the forums :p
    Looks like steel blitz doesn't benefit from arp. All those hits are only dealing 80%

yah noticed that too, going to send a bug report later.
    expected fix: 10 months :p
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank you very much for your guide!

Question: Do you have any suggestion for typical encounters and at-wills for other dungeons besides CN/MC/VT? Specifically the T2 dungeons, and also for soloing.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    duplicate post, sorry
  • Options
    casti3lleforumcasti3lleforum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi cupcake,

What are your thoughts on tests done in the other class forums regarding Combat advantage bonus dmg % and the actual boost from blink dog and also vicious advantage (excluding the crit% effect) ?
  • Options
    hersheysbonerhersheysboner Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wont you lose a large + crit % bonus if you take out weapon master?
  • Options
    edited February 2014

if we have high crit chance base stat..we dont need weapon master..i'd say try to get at least 38% crit chance unbuffed..
  • Options
    edited February 2014

half of the problem can be solved with Vicious Advantage :p then just get campfire buff + potion of heroism lol thats 7% already and if youre really OCD about the 10% loss, you can pop a squash soup for +3% crit.... voila thats your 10%!
    You can still parse a higher total damage in a CN/VT run without those buffs(heroism+campfire+squash soup) because of the huge amount of adds and how steel blitz scale the with it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    3 GWF vs Dracolich

sorry I was using a different build specced just for this fight.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    3 GWF vs Dracolich

sorry I was using a different build specced just for this fight.

Hardest fight ever.....SF really saved our *** on that fight
  • Options
    arcanemythosarcanemythos Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do you still suggest straight Str/Dex? Or should I get a couple points of Con as well for the hitpoints?