test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cupcake pve destroyer gwf dps guide.

Comments

• erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do you still suggest straight Str/Dex? Or should I get a couple points of Con as well for the hitpoints?

STR/DEX all the way!
  • arcanemythosarcanemythos Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Then is it worth doing 20 Str/13 Con/15 Dex for starting stats instead of 18/15/15?
    edited March 2014
    Then is it worth doing 20 Str/13 Con/15 Dex for starting stats instead of 18/15/15?

yeah, i'd do that if i can change my starting rolls tbh
  • doc4gothdoc4goth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited March 2014
    Would this also be a viable build if the GWF is going to be the main tank for non PUG groups? I am looking to be able to tank when needed or dps if there is a GF tank in the group.

Thanks
    --Doc4Goth

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Having watched your last vid, the 3 man Draco, do you think that the IV build you have used there is superior to your SM build? Not just in this very unique fight but in general. Particularly in DPS
    edited March 2014
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »
    Having watched your last vid, the 3 man Draco, do you think that the IV build you have used there is superior to your SM build? Not just in this very unique fight but in general. Particularly in DPS

The spec I used for that fight was for being able to constantly do decent dps and heal at the same time not really specced for maximum dps.
    I'm going back to SM in a few days.
    Speaking from my personal experience, between destroyer IV and destroyer SM, I'd say SM has higher DPS.

The spec im using atm is fun! lets you solo T2 bosses easily!
    Solo Karrundax
  • myrkulaffmyrkulaff Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    erikiki1 wrote: »
    The spec im using atm is fun! lets you solo T2 bosses easily!
    Solo Karrundax
    Would you say this spec is better than the one you used before ?
    What did you change ? And what kind of stuff you used ?
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have a question (I haven't played much so I don't quite understand), Onslaught from Avatar of War 4/4 set lasts 10s. Do you not need to get your encounter power below 10s to proc it? If so, how is it possible without at least 2k Recovery?

Edit: I think I understand now, I figured I can't just spam encounter powers at once for a huge burst, and space them out to upkeep the 3 Onslaught stacks.
  • crossie13crossie13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm curious what changes you are looking at making with all of the upcoming changes to the class. Have you played around with anything on the preview server yet and if so, what seems to be working well? It seems like this current set up will still be the best option for max dps, but I was just wondering if you are looking at making any specific changes.
  • kareivisnolvkareivisnolv Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    myrkulaff wrote: »

I would also like to know more about your IV build. Maybe you could make another guide showing your specs, I would appreciate it.
    edited March 2014
    crossie13 wrote: »
    I'm curious what changes you are looking at making with all of the upcoming changes to the class. Have you played around with anything on the preview server yet and if so, what seems to be working well? It seems like this current set up will still be the best option for max dps, but I was just wondering if you are looking at making any specific changes.
    I would also like to know more about your IV build. Maybe you could make another guide showing your specs, I would appreciate it.

taking a break from this game, I'll update this when I come back.
  • pabszxcpabszxc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What costume are you using? :D
    edited April 2014
    myrkulaff wrote: »

here you go guys:

3iijds9.png
    FEATS

jN9APXf.png
    GEAR

Change the belt on the augment too(Brawler's Belt of Guts) and Radiant Enchantment on it

and for the boons,
    Sharandar: +250 Deflect instead of +250 Crit
    Fey Thistle instead of Elvish Fury
    Dread Ring: Endless Consumption Instead of Rampaging Madness

If you're still having trouble with tanking (facepalm), you can change Reinforced Surge(T2 instigator feat) with a T1 Sentinel feat of your choice.

For class features: usually Bravery + Destroyer, but if there are healers(Syndryth, Mad Dragon) involved and you need as much DPS you can get, use Weapon Master + Destroyer

this spec is not better dps-wise, so don't expect to land #1 or sometimes even #2 in paingiver chart when running with good players, but who cares lol this spec is for soloing epic dungeons :D
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    this spec is for soloing epic dungeons :D

400 combat advantage bonus??
    edited April 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    400 combat advantage bonus??

Thats from lantern..I dont have any other artifacts, and most are meh, and how else I'm gonna softcap crit and get 24% armpen?
    Emblem would be nice, but I don't wanna be hitting like a wet noodle, I already gimped my dps a bit on this spec.
  • soldierfromlvsoldierfromlv Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thank you very much!!!
    edited April 2014
    this one was a bit delayed sorry;

2 GWF vs Dracolich

tweaked version of the build above.
  • kapteinislikumskapteinislikums Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    this one was a bit delayed sorry;

2 GWF vs Dracolich

tweaked version of the build above.

Could u also post your power or is it the same as SM just steel blitz changed to fearsome reaction and crescendo to other single target daily?
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm not cupcake obviously, but I would suggest to go with something like this:

http://nwcalc.com/gwf?b=iyn:22sq0w:1zso1s,1000000:100000:100000:100000&h=0&p=ivn

Optional for the last 3 unspent points would be Trample the Fallen or Savage Advance. I expect cupcake to run with something similar to the link above.
  • prenawesomeprenawesome Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yo Cupcake what do you think about the nerf to aoe?
    I was running some numbers today just to see how bad the hit was to Deep Gash and its pretty much like this

Mod 2 - 1 Deep Gash tick say its 1337
    Mod 3 - 1 Deep Gash tick is 222.833333

Now all this is going to factor in your attack power but is it even worth taking Deep Gash after this nerf? Id like to hear what you think about it
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Mod 3 Math:

You must take 21 points in destroyer to be pve viable, period, to unlock the capstone.

So first tier destroyer you must spend at least 5 points, ie you must buy one of these:
    Deep Gash is now 5.25% dps increase (it makes up 5% of your total dmg).
    Great Weapon Focus is 3-4% dps increase (as at wills make up 30-40% of your total dmg).*

So yes Deep Gash is still worth it, only because it's slightly better than GWF. But if you're going PVE DPS you may end up taking both anyway.

*This number may go higher if they fix executioner style to work with Sure Strike but it's almost entirely artificial, it doesn't make you any more effective. It's just bigger numbers when it doesn't matter, ie 6-10k crits on mobs with 500 hit points left. Same with IBS, 200k crits on mobs with 1k-2k hp left. looks good on paingiver, zero impact on actual gameplay. The 150k crit you would of got without the feat would of accomplished the same result.

After spending 21 in Destroyer, that leaves up to 10 points to be spent among the first 2 tiers of Instigator and/or sentinel. You can always spend these 10 points in additional destroyer feats as well.

Assuming you have decent crit %, which you should have around 50% (actual, not char sheet). Student of the Sword is now a flat 5% DPS increase (only slightly worse than DG, and still better than Great Weapon Focus). The other instigator feat does nothing for dps (run speed).

There are no dps increases in first tier sentinel, just healing from unstoppable and 5% deflect.

2nd Tier things change based on if you went IV or SM but for the non-specific feats, Sentinel has 15% debuff on marked targets (that stacks with the 8% standard) and Instigator has Vicious advantage, which is either good or bad depending on your playstyle (I average 80% of all attacks from CA) so for me it's basically +4% dmg and +4% crit chance.

For me I was all set on 10 instigator 21 Destroyer but then they went and made Disciple of War actually decent, so I'll have to test more .
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thank you for a great guide. It really should do insane dps. But, being a crude-handed player :( I think your tanky variant would be more preferable for me...

So, could you say that the following will shine in the next Module?
    Thanks in advance :)
    here you go guys:

3iijds9.png

• nouser4nouser4 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hi ty for the guide!
    I want to start a GWF and my question is what is the best stats roll for HUMAN ? ty :)
  • daxonkhaeddaxonkhaed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was wondering why your not using the cat companion for the massive stat increases it gives?
    edited May 2014
    come on! i want to start!
    edited May 2014
    nouser4 wrote: »
    hi ty for the guide!
    I want to start a GWF and my question is what is the best stats roll for HUMAN ? ty :)

???? please
    edited May 2014
    nouser4 wrote: »
    hi ty for the guide!

Just make STR highest then DEX then CON
    edited May 2014
    daxonkhaed wrote: »
    I was wondering why your not using the cat companion for the massive stat increases it gives?

The cat has a defense slot, while the stone im using has all three offense slot, im trying to maximize as much power as I can get to get the most dps.
  • daxonkhaeddaxonkhaed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for answering me. Could you post your power selection for your dungeon solo build please? Also could you please tell me where you get all the lifesteal from?
  • tuby22tuby22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Which boons do you recommend from IWD?