test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shadowmantle PvP Preview Patch Notes NW.14.20140204a.1

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    2 would still result in the player being unable to return to the match as per your explanation (they can return, but are removed by the system, even if it was only a short disconnect), and therefore inflict the penalty

Unfortunately this is true.

I love that you implemented the system with the thought players wouldn't be penalized if they returned to the match but I can confirm this is how it functions on the Live Shard this very moment. If this could be fixed that would be great!

Then again I haven't tested this on Prview so maybe this issue has already been addressed?
  • vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    If the penalty doesn't apply if kicked the exploit is simple: Alt tab and wait for the system to kick you, in pvp it happens within 3-5 minutes.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Don't complain, GWF deserves the nerfs. Don't ask me why, ask the others.

We clerics have worst stat allocation (Arp & Lifesteal) for 2 modules since half a year ago and we didn't really crying here and there. Take that set and wait for new set coming, waiting for 2 modules isn't too long bro.

The sets arent really a nerf... and they arent worthless either you just nee to build around them. The issue is the T2 sets are better than the T2.5 sets.

They tried to "balance" the sets by making the T2.5 2pc bonus not equal HP but crit. All this does is make the T2 sets better since they have HP. What they need to do is remove the HP set bonus on ALL GWF sets and then they can make the two piece on the pvp all = crit. If they dont, the T2.5 is completely worthless.

Same goes for GF. The T2 "Indom Grim" is the best pvp set. The T2.5 sets just flat out suck.

What made the stats work for the PVE gear were the set bonuses.

Take for example Grand Regents versus the Profound "defenders" armor...

Roughly the same stat allocation but the Grand Regents offers a 4pc set bonus to give you power = to 20% of your defense...

Well, if you have 4-5k defense that adds up to some nice offensive ability... And what makes the set balanced.

When you look at the Conquerors Set versus the PVE comparison "Timeless" They share the same stat allocation.

What makes the PVP Conq set worthless though is that the set bonus on it is +450 defense while timeless is +450 deflect... Making it balanced.

The best set they made is just the old Indom "Grim" set (GG set) Because it has all the stats

HP/Power/Defense/Deflect.... BUt the problem is they didnt make a T2.5 version of it so you cant even upgrade!

The "tactician" is the T2.5 equiv but it doesnt have any Deflect, making it worthless....

I was really impressed with them coming up with all these sets but honestly it was just a big let down to see that the T2.5 gear is just worthless for GF/GWF.

It would be great if the DEVs looked at these just a tad closer to see the lack of balance with the sets.... Hey if you want, give the GF the GWF 2pc (+1800 HP) That would make it fair right? ;)
    edited February 2014
    UPDATE:

On the feedback there is a thread complaining about the TR sets as well. Went on my TR and found the same thing....

T2>T2.5 The PVP GG set is still the best set with the best stats and no T2.5 equiv.... So another case of the T2.5 gear being worthless compared to the existing pvp set.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    UPDATE:

On the feedback there is a thread complaining about the TR sets as well. Went on my TR and found the same thing....

T2>T2.5 The PVP GG set is still the best set with the best stats and no T2.5 equiv.... So another case of the T2.5 gear being worthless compared to the existing pvp set.

it is the same thing in sharandar and dread legion sets they are a lot harder to get then normal t2 epics but they have a lot worse 4 set parts bonuses
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think the problem really is that existing T1/T2 set bonuses are in some cases too good and unless you make newer sets' bonuses as good or better, people will stick to their old sets. Doing so would however make them too powerful at the same time and throw balancing of dungeons out of the window once you have them.

Alternatively, the set bonuses can be worse but focus on the PvP aspect only (for example by giving an additional tenacity boost for having 4 pieces or granting things like 25% chance to reduce target's deflection/arpen/regen (etc) stat by 200 per hit, stacking 5x for example)

This would probably be preferrable given that they are only obtainable through PvP and having them only have utility in a PvP environment would reduce complaints.
  • ipwnu1ipwnu1 Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2014
    NVM Tested and confirmed the 2/4 bonuses form T2 sets stack, I hope this is addressed before they go live, it was mentioned before I think that their plan is to make all similar sets count towards the set bonus so a mixed T2 set only gives 1x2/4 and 1x4/4 instead of 2x2/4. No need to replace the HP bonus with a useless crit either in that case.
  • hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I expect a free respect after this update hits the regular game. Maelstrom's only real benefit is its ability to stun enemies that otherwise can't be CC'ed (the area is weak, the damage isn't anything compared to ice knife, and overall it's not that good of a skill without that one simple benefit).

Here's hoping you fix maelstrom so that it doesn't turn into another Cold Steel Hurricane.
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hiddenfate wrote: »
    I expect a free respect after this update hits the regular game. Maelstrom's only real benefit is its ability to stun enemies that otherwise can't be CC'ed (the area is weak, the damage isn't anything compared to ice knife, and overall it's not that good of a skill without that one simple benefit).

Here's hoping you fix maelstrom so that it doesn't turn into another Cold Steel Hurricane.

So True regarding Cold Steel Hurricane, Most EPIC Useless Daily ever.
    edited February 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    I think the problem really is that existing T1/T2 set bonuses are in some cases too good and unless you make newer sets' bonuses as good or better, people will stick to their old sets. Doing so would however make them too powerful at the same time and throw balancing of dungeons out of the window once you have them.

Alternatively, the set bonuses can be worse but focus on the PvP aspect only (for example by giving an additional tenacity boost for having 4 pieces or granting things like 25% chance to reduce target's deflection/arpen/regen (etc) stat by 200 per hit, stacking 5x for example)

This would probably be preferrable given that they are only obtainable through PvP and having them only have utility in a PvP environment would reduce complaints.

Well thats why the PVP sets have diminished stats but grant tenacity. So the PVP sets wont out pace the PVE ones... I think that just the actual stats on the T2.5 PVP armor can be tweaked slightly and provide balance.

A perfect example is the Tactician GF T2.5 gear. Drop the recovery and give power JUST like the Indom Grim PVP (T2) gear has. I dont get why they changed the stat for the "same" gear set...

Im afraid they wont be changing the PVP set bonuses and frankly I dont think they need to if the stats on the PVP gear are worse than the stats on the PVE gear, also the PVE set bonuses seem to be alot better than just having more block meter. I know for PVP the Grim Coin set will outpace even the T2.5 gear for PVE so its not a big deal...

ipwnu1 wrote: »
    NVM Tested and confirmed the 2/4 bonuses form T2 sets stack, I hope this is addressed before they go live, it was mentioned before I think that their plan is to make all similar sets count towards the set bonus so a mixed T2 set only gives 1x2/4 and 1x4/4 instead of 2x2/4. No need to replace the HP bonus with a useless crit either in that case.

This would be a great solution so people cant stack 2pc set bonuses... So ANY PVP armor of the same tier would count towards the same set bonuses... This would allow alot more gear options. As it is right now T2.5 gear = worthless...
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    so 4x cw teams in mc again ......no more room for gf or gwf or tr what a great idea btw if u guys wanted to make it harder u could at least buff up sets from there 4 set parts bonus is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>* at every class

100% 100 % this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I really would like to see a better buff from T1 to T2.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Regarding the Guardian Fighter Armors in ALL of the traders, any chance we can have something OTHER than more guard and run speed?

Every armor you list between all 3 categories is either:

- You have 20% more Guard Meter
    - You have 25% more Guard Meter and Run 10% faster
    - You have 30% more Guard Meter and Run 12.5% faster

Added guard meter is just, well, less than helpful compared to just using a 2x2 set for both bonuses. So some diversity would really help here. If you want to see GF's playing with full 4 piece sets, you really need to offer more than guard meter and run speed. There is no value otherwise.

I'd much rather there be 4 piece sets for GF's that we'd actually want to use:
    A) Team buff
    B) Recovery/Life Steal/Defense/CC/<insert anything other than guard> multiplier
    C) DPS buff

Run speed is great and all, but I looked at these armors with 4 other Guardian Fighters today and all we did is lambast the unoriginality of the sets and their lack of any usefulness. I love PVP, but these sets are so banal that I honestly see many just not playing as a result.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's a skill based game, better player should get better reward.

No, it is a gear based game. Those who don't have gear and do dungeons to get a gear to use it have a hard time completing them. Those who already geared to a cap and farm dungeons to get a gear to sell it whine about dungeons being "easy". Just read all the posts about that issue. People who have it on farm mode enjoy the fix, others hate it. You shouldn't be forced to have a gear from the dungeon to be allowed to complete it.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    No, it is a gear based game. Those who don't have gear and do dungeons to get a gear to use it have a hard time completing them. Those who already geared to a cap and farm dungeons to get a gear to sell it whine about dungeons being "easy". Just read all the posts about that issue. People who have it on farm mode enjoy the fix, others hate it. You shouldn't be forced to have a gear from the dungeon to be allowed to complete it.

I think you are right. Loot distribution should be revised (is it the right word?)
  • koppspaltakoppspalta Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Classes and Balance

Control Wizard: Maelstrom of Chaos: Fixed a bug allowing power to stun control immune targets.
    Great Weapon Fighter: Slam: Fixed a bug allowing Slam to interupt bosses and control immune players.

Hello panderus,

devoted cleric with daily power "hammer of fate" have the bug too, interupt valindra in malabog's castle.
    edited February 2014
    Coming from a guy who had to farm MC 30 times to get his off hand, I really enjoyed that GWF daily slam and CW Mael could interrupt.

Honestly guys, THAT is the type of things that make encounters fun! Is when you have certain skills on multiple classes that make it easier. I would much rather that stay in the game, and that MORE classes have similar abilities that can do that type of thing for bosses.

Can MC be run without it? Of course. THe people above who are whining about GS and not being able to farm its still a pretty simple boss fight. Ill even give a free tip. About every 24-25 seconds is when she comes down to spawn, go into your chat and type: /bind down say VALINDRA IS COMING! STOP DPS!

Now after every time she goes away, count to 24 seconds then press "down" arrow and tell your group that when they see they STOP dpsing the boss and WAIT!

Ive run MC many times without a CW (although I had slam for about every other portal). I really liked the ability to "1 shot" her. It was fun and still took alot of timing...

Cryptic, I would ask you to leave it in the game, and PLEASE make more boss fights LIKE that. Where each class has an ability (daily) that could be used in some fashion for a special purpose in the dungeon...

As for the PVP gear: PLEASE read my previous posts about how the T2.5 gear is NOT an upgrade from the T2....
    edited February 2014
    Oh and if you guys are putting THAT hefty of a penalty on PVP leavers, you are going to KILL the premade vs premade ability....

You NEED to make a way for full teams to match up against eachother.... As of right now, you que until you get matched. This would be VERY detrimental to this game.

DONT IGNORE THIS!!! PVP stays competativee because the "TOP" pvpers run premades against other premades..... How can we set it up on this new system?!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Really shouldn't have to reiterate this, but: Pay to Win discussions and allusions are not allowed. Please refrain from them.

Also, quoting a violating post will result in your own post being removed as well to preserve thread continuity and context. Please bear this in mind.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • kleejikleeji Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh and if you guys are putting THAT hefty of a penalty on PVP leavers, you are going to KILL the premade vs premade ability....

You NEED to make a way for full teams to match up against eachother.... As of right now, you que until you get matched. This would be VERY detrimental to this game.

DONT IGNORE THIS!!! PVP stays competativee because the "TOP" pvpers run premades against other premades..... How can we set it up on this new system?!

Exactly this.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Honestly guys, THAT is the type of things that make encounters fun! Is when you have certain skills on multiple classes that make it easier. I would much rather that stay in the game, and that MORE classes have similar abilities that can do that type of thing for bosses.

Cryptic, I would ask you to leave it in the game, and PLEASE make more boss fights LIKE that. Where each class has an ability (daily) that could be used in some fashion for a special purpose in the dungeon...

^So much this. Encounters, where certain classes should use certain abilities to be successful or punished if they fail - that is what real boss mechanics are. Currently, every boss encounter is a DPS race with dodging red. Slam/MoC fix is just a step to turn a bit different fight that required some tactics and cooperation into regular DPS fest.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
    edited February 2014
    As it is a pre vs pre is a rare occurrence.
    For the most part(9 out of 10) its a one sided slam dunk game.

What we know is players leave because its unbalanced and/or they are being spawn camped by superior geared/premade groups
    and If they do stick around they get destroyed/spawn camped over and over receiving zero reward for it.

So lets see

1)If you stay you get spawn camp stomped and get nothing at all for it.

2)If you leave you get nothing at all and cant join for 30 min.

Get ready for less domination games and Long queue waits.

We really need a pug queue(random)

There are more pug players than premades.
  • badeacelraubadeacelrau Member Posts: 85
    edited February 2014
    Very welcome changes to PVP and MC.
    MC became the laughing stock of dungeons due to the bugs. It should be the third most difficult dungeon in the game, not a walk in the park for 11k gs chars. Let the players watch out for Valindra, pay attention to her commands, exactly like in VT. Also, this will ensure TRs are wanted for this dungeon, because they can Deft Strike to Valindra and stop her fast. You should also change the loot table for Fulminorax, because few people will actually fight the dragon after this is implemented, unless the rewards are worth it.

PS: I'm not a TR, my main is a GWF and my second a HR, but I just think dungeons should be challenging, otherwise people get bored, complain the dungeons are too easy and there's nothing left to do.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Oh goodness, something that I had mentally pegged as unexpectedly elegant boss mechanic design has been declared a bug and "fixed". That's an unwelcome surprise.

I agree.

Who's going to use Maelstorm after this? It has an insane casting time and a tiny radius.

EDIT:
    So, what is being said is that teamwork isn't important and the real strategy is to just hit things hard enough until they die. How revolutionizing. That's basically almost every boss fight in this game already: Avoid red and faceroll.
  • canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    RE: Leaver penalty couple questions / concerns.

1) Will your system better handle temporary disconnects. As it stands I will get DCed to login screen and I login and get back to the match in under 2 minutes yet I am booted. As previously stated this will reward me with the leaver penalty. Simply put this is unacceptable!!

2) Our guild runs Friday Fight Night. We do 5 vs 5 guild groups and queue against each other. If we get in match and see it is not our other premade we all drop. This is now will cause 4 people to get the leaver penalty. Once again unacceptable!!!!!

Waiting to hear what is planned for cases such as these.

Cheers,

Qwalarian
  • noraveknoravek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    New Feature
    Leaver Penalty: Leaving a PVP match that is currently in progress will incur a leaver penalty for 30 minutes. During this time you may not queue for any content using the queue system. Only the first 2 players to leave a Domination match, or the first 5 players to leave a Gauntlgrym match on each team will be affected.
    (...)

So, basically, instead of making the PVP match making queue more balanced so it joins players with similar skills or GS together and against each other, you are blaming the players for the match making queue decisions. Instead of allowing that player to exit and find another match that is more balanced between players you penalize all players by forcing them to wait for the match to end no matter how unbalanced the match is.

The problem is not players leaving, the problem is most of the PVP match being awfully unbalanced!

Basically, you are saying that if you get all killed in the first 2 minutes or less, or you kill everyone on the other team in that time because the teams are greatly unbalanced, you have to deal with it and wait for the match to end. Like it or not.
    This is not improving the PVP experience, its forcing you to stay at the campfire (so you don't get killed every time you exit the spam area) and wait for the match to end, while the winning team will be forced to look at the walls waiting for the match to end.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    noravek wrote: »

The problem is not players leaving, the problem is most of the PVP match being awfully unbalanced!

There is going to be a matchmaking system in place to go with the leavers penalty by the time this goes live , the elo matchmaking system had to be disabled for the time being due to some issues they had with it , from the patch notes for the patch before this patch -
    panderus wrote: »
    This build was originally going to have Elo matchmaking included, however QA discovered an issue that caused us to need to disable it for now.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?589661-Shadowmantle-PvP-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-14-20140123a-1&p=7095151&viewfull=1#post7095151
  • noraveknoravek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    There is going to be a matchmaking system in place to go with the leavers penalty by the time this goes live , the elo matchmaking system had to be disabled for the time being due to some issues they had with it , from the patch notes for the patch before this patch -
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?589661-Shadowmantle-PvP-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-14-20140123a-1&p=7095151&viewfull=1#post7095151

This doesn't solve the problem, it will only (hopefully), make it less common.
    You will still get the blame for elo matchmaking system mistakes by being forced to wait for the match to end, like it or not...

Besides, what will the leave penalty change really create? Overpowered team will have easy kills until the match ends? Is this what 'real' PVP players want? Easy kills? (yes, i know the answer)
  • ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The other simple alternative to a premade queue for all the premade vs premade fuss is to have a 'Surrender' option in PvP. Except it wouldn't only be helpful for the people who want to premade, it would be helpful for everyone until they have an ELO system up and running, and even then. It's not that hard to implement and it complements the leaver penalty pretty well. If 3+ people out of 5 want to give up, it ends the game right there, no penalty. Maybe if someone disconnected, they would avoid the penalty if his teammates agreed to give up (due to technical issue) as well. It goes without saying that they should also fix the auto-kick after a reconnect, though.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    First, let me clarify, my experience is with a guild group.

We are not weak by any means. If you want to judge by gear score you are talking a minimum GS of 12K an upper GS of maybe 15K depending on the group. And while many of you may assume because I am a moderator I don't play the game as much or I am not a very good player you couldn't be more wrong. I keep saying it but I really need to try to record myself playing one of these days to debunk that assumption. -.-

So what's our issue? Well I am assuming the term rainbow means no duplicate classes and that is what we suffer through. Not because we have to. I mean we could be rather elitist and cold and say we need a healer, TR and 3 CW's and if you aren't one of those classes you can't come. We don't do that. We try to beat the game with as few to no duplicates if possible.

If you are saying content is easy due to stacks of CW's (two or more) please do everybody a favor and stop misleading the developers. If you want to make things harder then don't stack control wizards. That's what my guild does and that is what the game is supposed to be balanced for.

It has nothing to do with map awareness. Did you know you can actually time her arrivals? It alternates every thirty seconds. We don't look for her to appear, we know when she appears before she appears.

The difference comes down to team composition. There are still times the GWF can't even run and reach Valindra before a portal appears. All they have to do is run and press a single key and sometimes even that can take longer than the channeling time. What this ultimately means is that every melee fighter you bring is a burden because they can't assist preventing portals and contrary to some beliefs that is a problem.

As for the force choke, that's a bit simpler. It was awesome to assign that to the CW for ease but generally if you all huddled together there was no problem anyway. Why? No travelling time. If a member got choked a fair distance away travelling time often resulted in death.

Why? Melee fighters.

So please, before you say any dungeon is too easy ask yourself, is it too easy because you refuse to bring certain classes?
    If so, you are the one making it too easy. If you can take in one of each class and complete the fight without using Slam or Maelstrom then criticism of playskill might be in order, but while I have not had the ability to run MC since the Module 2 changes my experience in MC was several dozen hours of head bashing trying to beat the dungeon without stacking classes, using Slam or Maelstrom.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?579891-DC-GF-TR-and-HR-quot-Interrupt-quot-Daily-not-affecting-Bosses/page2&highlight=slam

LOL why y say this in first time .

Feedback: If Slam and malestorm cannot interrupt target(boss or in pvp) then give back they Critt ability cuz both cannot critt not even with eye of the storm or GWF 50% critt chance. For both class was the only reason to choose cuz interrupt boss.

Feedback: Give both class free respec cuz both daly are useless low dmg and wasted 3 skill.

Also i agree 100% with Zebular agan too much change in a name of pvp -->for PVE.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
This discussion has been closed.