test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't Rearrange HUD Any More?

flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
My cursor is locked, & nothing I do seems to unlock it. Someone else in zone chat reported the same issue, though I can't tell if how much more widespread it is ... I thought it was only me, until that other person said something.

Anyone else having this issue, or am I dreaming or otherwise missing something???
Fare you well
Let your life proceed by its own designs
Nothing to tell
Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
Post edited by flayedawg on

Comments

• Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thanks for the report. i've forwarded this to our CMs.
  • Options
    thedarksiderthedarksider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, I am having this problem too as of Thursday, 2/6/14. Not only can I not rearrange the HUD, it will not reset either. And I use the rearrage feature often (mainly because if I don't move my skill bar over, I cannot swap out any Daily skills.) So as of right now, I'm stuck with the Daily skills that I had slotted before the 2/6 update :(

IMO, this needs fixed ASAP. Thank you.
    flayedawg wrote: »
    My cursor is locked, & nothing I do seems to unlock it. Someone else in zone chat reported the same issue, though I can't tell if how much more widespread it is ... I thought it was only me, until that other person said something.

Anyone else having this issue, or am I dreaming or otherwise missing something???
  • Options
    doc4gothdoc4goth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited February 2014
    I am having the same problem as the OP. Please feeexxxxeeeet :cool:
    --Doc4Goth

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    . . . I found a work-around by accident. When this happens, exit Rearrange mode and then press Enter to activate chat. Then press Escape or Alt to cancel chat and then go into Rearrange mode again.
  • Options
    justwhimsyjustwhimsy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    still the same this doesn't work any other workarounds?
  • Options
    mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . I found a work-around by accident. When this happens, exit Rearrange mode and then press Enter to activate chat. Then press Escape or Alt to cancel chat and then go into Rearrange mode again.

Does not work. When I'm in arrange mode, I hit esc to exit. Then enter. Then esc to exit (alt doesn't cancel chat) Then, either click the gear on the top right, or hit esc again to get to the options->rearrange, and neither works.
    Yes, I am having this problem too as of Thursday, 2/6/14. Not only can I not rearrange the HUD, it will not reset either. And I use the rearrage feature often (mainly because if I don't move my skill bar over, I cannot swap out any Daily skills.) So as of right now, I'm stuck with the Daily skills that I had slotted before the 2/6 update :(

IMO, this needs fixed ASAP. Thank you.

You can right click on your skills in the powers menu to slot them in either daily slot.
  • Options
    silencestepsilencestep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am having the same issue. 10/02/2014 Please fix it or tell me a work out.
  • Options
    gosuchanggosuchang Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Finally decided to shift the loot roll results to the side of my screen, but alas, i got hit my this bug too. Seems like this is going to take a while to fix.
  • Options
    arkanis555arkanis555 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just wanted to add my own experience with this. After the last patch I could not Re-arrange my HUD. I am going on vacation so I installed the game on my laptop so I could log in to invoke and do a couple dailies when the time was available and I was able to re-arrange the HUD just once. After that the same issue occurred and I was again no longer able to interact with any of the HUD frames.
  • Options
    jmjonah245jmjonah245 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I was doing dungeon when I found this crazy way of rearranging hud. I died at combat, while dead I decided to check on rearrange hud to see if I can arrange them. I was surprised to see that I could now move those cells I wanted to move. I tried this outside the dungeon and it still works. Basically, you have to die for you to arrange the hud.
  • Options
    itsatacoshop247itsatacoshop247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jmjonah245 wrote: »
    I was doing dungeon when I found this crazy way of rearranging hud. I died at combat, while dead I decided to check on rearrange hud to see if I can arrange them. I was surprised to see that I could now move those cells I wanted to move. I tried this outside the dungeon and it still works. Basically, you have to die for you to arrange the hud.

This works for me, thanks! I did /killme in Protectors Enclave and you don't even have to use an injury kit.
  • Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    yes, i have the same problem... somehow while trying hud even reset to original layout by itself, but i cannot move or change any cells... will try the /killme method now...
  • Options
    absolutionessabsolutioness Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gosuchang2 wrote: »
    Finally decided to shift the loot roll results to the side of my screen, but alas, i got hit my this bug too. Seems like this is going to take a while to fix.

Same here, decided to finally move this loot-rolls spam to a side of my screen and have been suffering for several days now... Will try /killme now lol
  • Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    /killme doesnt seem to work for me... i'll keep trying this and that
  • Options
    twisted1960twisted1960 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes please Fix <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that now i cannot rearrange HUD .
  • Options
    jmjonah245jmjonah245 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ilmenira wrote: »
    /killme doesnt seem to work for me... i'll keep trying this and that
    how did you do that?
  • Options
    itsatacoshop247itsatacoshop247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Not fixed after todays patch.
  • Options
    adambomb76adambomb76 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm encountering the same problem - cursor is locked when I enter rearrange HUD mode.

-CONFIRMED - workaround posted by mod does not work
    -(EDIT) CONFIRMED - /killme command did not solve the issue. tried from Dread Ring and from PE

Can't help but wonder if finally changing the color temperature of the Duergar's skin happened to break this? I know a lot of people were up in arms clamouring for that important fix but please don't forget the poor sods that just wanna move their HUD around.
  • Options
    mantatermantater Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2014
    Just tried this twice about an hour or so ago, use /killme and while the 'release' window is still up hit alt, and click the options button, then rearrange hud and it gave me a cursor. Used in PE not sure if it matters.
  • Options
    r1der1de Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I encountered this bug yesterday, what I did to get around it was to open another window just as I am clicking "Rearrange Hud"
    It is a bit of a PITA but it worked for me.

Just as you are clicking on "Rearrange Hud", tap "J" on your keyboard to bring up the journal, the journal will appear in the center, but the HUD also goes into "rearrange mode". The mouse was available to move cells the of the HUD and I could even tab around between them.

Worked for me at least, ymmv :)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So you basically need to do something-anything that forces the game into mouselook mode.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    fryguy412fryguy412 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    r1de wrote: »
    I encountered this bug yesterday, what I did to get around it was to open another window just as I am clicking "Rearrange Hud"
    It is a bit of a PITA but it worked for me.

Just as you are clicking on "Rearrange Hud", tap "J" on your keyboard to bring up the journal, the journal will appear in the center, but the HUD also goes into "rearrange mode". The mouse was available to move cells the of the HUD and I could even tab around between them.

Worked for me at least, ymmv :)

CONFIRMED: This is the only thing that was able to work for me consistently.
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I can no longer modify the arrangement of my HUD.

I used to:

press ESC
    click "Rearrange HUD"

and then I could move or re-size the green boxes for the on-screen elements etc.

But now, all I can do is look around the game world through the Rearrange HUD screen - the mouse cursor will not work and I cannot move anything.

What's up with that?

~
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Have you ever played Star Trek Online? If so then you may be confusing that with this. I have been played since alpha and closed beta and I don;t recall ever seeing the "rearrange HUD" option in Neverwinter. It has always been available in STO though.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Angrysprite, rearrange HUD option does exist in NW. It is also currently broken.
  • Options
    bathaalbathaal Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I can no longer modify the arrangement of my HUD.

I used to:

press ESC
    click "Rearrange HUD"

and then I could move or re-size the green boxes for the on-screen elements etc.

But now, all I can do is look around the game world through the Rearrange HUD screen - the mouse cursor will not work and I cannot move anything

What's up with that?

~

I'm having the same problem. Contacted Support and was told it's a bug and they're working on it
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Rearrange HUD option is currently bugged HOWEVER, you can still rearrange your HUD by typing /killme. When the (Call for Help) / (Release) box pops up, press ESC, and then REARRANGE HUD. For some reason this unlocks your cursor and you're able to move boxes around like normal.

No, I'm not trolling you. /killme does work.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    @Dardove:
    "Angrysprite, rearrange HUD option does exist in NW. It is also currently broken."

Okay, I guess I've not paid much attention as (for me) there was no need. STO on the other hand can be a HUF-Default mess. :-)
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the /killme trick. I'll try that.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can also spam the J key as you press Rearrange Hud. Brings up the quest window and you can move the windows around. Better than /killme =P
    GShBCGl.jpg