test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Preview: Challenge of the Gods

13»

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Making you actually *do* something in order to collect the loot from the drop, rather than just blow things up and then pick up the spoils directly, seems like it would throttle the farming at least slightly. Depends on what the "challenge" entails.

Personally, I'm happy that none of the listed rewards are so enticing as to make grinding feel obligatory.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    there`s already a cooldown on drops, so won`t be needed.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well i'm going to have fun. Will have 3 games on the go this weekend (NW, STO, and another game)
  • squidnuttssquidnutts Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    this is gona be really awesome!
  • tacopewpewtacopewpew Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    darn you games for making me want to play you!
    edited February 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    Well i'm going to have fun. Will have 3 games on the go this weekend (NW, STO, and another game)
    ah yes.. guess i have to put to games next to eachother ;p
    (which isn`t a problem on 55inch ;p)
    click neverwinter sometime and play eso.
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A more detailed description of the challenge:

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1090841
  • phoenixshockphoenixshock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So on the topic of the Invocation Gift...
    Invocation Gift – When opened, this item resets the cooldown on Invocation and grants you an Ardent Coin*.

*: It is not intended for players to get more than one Ardent Coin per day.

Now while everyone is up in arms about the possibility of getting an angel quicker, it seems that it shouldn't be possible with the little caveat they added in the Event overview. This also begs the question of "What's the point than?"

If you aren't able to get extra coins, than all this item will do is give you one of the random buffs from invoking. Meaning for all intents and purposes it's worthless.
  • elieli04elieli04 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Question - Why you Cryptic always decide to do Shard maintances, or updates when Dungeon Delves event, 1 of the most wanted Event in my opinion, is coming? You could do it before... or AFTER Dungeon Delves. Geez.
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Maybe it's meant as a reminder that you usually only get one per day. Otherwise it's pretty pointless, yeah.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    elieli04 wrote: »
    Question - Why you Cryptic always decide to do Shard maintances, or updates when Dungeon Delves event, 1 of the most wanted Event in my opinion, is coming? You could do it before... or AFTER Dungeon Delves. Geez.

Because they do it on Thursdays first thing in the morning so they have all day to work on any possible issues. This happens to fall at the same time of one dungeon delve events for Thursdays.
    edited February 2014
    A more detailed description of the challenge:

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1090841

so.. does that say you only can get 4 ardent coins during the event ?

quote from page
    "*: It is not intended for players to get more than one Ardent Coin per day."

4 coins and a cloak ? ;p
  • cust0mxcust0mx Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So, only 1 ardent coin per day from [invotation gift]
    I was excited about earning more ardent coins, but looks like we can only obtain 4 in total...sad :(
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, the question is do they mean one coin per day, including the one you'd get by invoking anyway, or one BONUS coin per day.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zargorius666zargorius666 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    So let's see, you can get@
    - a cloak, which many people disable because of clipping issues or, let's face it, they're often plain ugly
    - dyes. yay. in light blue. yay.
    - Ardent coin, but only 1 a day. I won't even notice honestly.
    - enchants or runestones relative to the level (I read junk to refine here)
    - potions. just hope I don't get potions when doing the 10 potion challenge as I can bet my *** I would get 2-3 as reward.

All in all, looks like this is mostly a waste of time, hope other will find it more enjoyable.
  • ddaaffttddaafftt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So on the topic of the Invocation Gift...

Now while everyone is up in arms about the possibility of getting an angel quicker, it seems that it shouldn't be possible with the little caveat they added in the Event overview. This also begs the question of "What's the point than?"

If you aren't able to get extra coins, than all this item will do is give you one of the random buffs from invoking. Meaning for all intents and purposes it's worthless.
    I read it as "more than one ardent coin from the Invocation Gift". So, if it goes the way I think, you'll be able to speed up your Angel acquisition by four days using this. Maybe. If not, then yeah, completely worthless.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    . . . I'm really looking forward to obtaining the cloak on many of my characters and dying it to fit their color scheme. One of my most favorite aspects about the Forgotten Realms as a whole are the Gods. Having DM'd the Realms for over 20 years now, I have fallen in love with many of the Gods' lore, histories, and personalities. I look forward to having a cloak that allows me to display my characters' chosen God. Indeed!
  • raptorthebeastraptorthebeast Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yet another extremely poor piece of content. After the rubbish CTA event full of bugs - bugged refinement of enchantments, missing chest rewards and missing reward agent until today, but at least it had some unique rewards like the companion and special enchantments. This seems to be the biggest joke of all - practically no rewards and even if that ardent coin is extra on top of what you normally get, its almost worthless. Does it make a difference if I spend 360 days logging in or 354 days to get the angel?
    Compared to the events which rewarded you with 250k rough AD or fawn/chest companions (useful!) I'm just lost for words. I bet the Lesser Mark of Potency is amongst the rewards too, as from any other reward chest including adamantine chest in Daily Lair - 500AD worth rewards are closest to our hearts and give the word REWARD a new meaning. Of course we could buy 2 of those with AD made from the first prayer of the day but someone saw something special and rewarding in this.
    I think its better to wait 2-3 months for a new event that is actually interesting and has real rewards than getting this shocking rubbish every month now...
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "Invocation Gift – When opened, this item resets the cooldown on Invocation and grants you an Ardent Coin*.
    *: It is not intended for players to get more than one Ardent Coin per day."

Sooo you actually get only the pray again for the measly buff?

"Divine Injury Kit – Removes all minor and severe injuries. Gain injury immunity for 10 seconds."

I set here a challenge for everyone...
    If someone is actually stupid enough to die in less than 10 seconds after wiping... please redeem your prize by uninstalling the game then send me a tell I'll thank you.

Seriously never saw such horrendous prizes from an event that may be nice on gameplay. too bad.

I'm still happy with the arc companion so I'll let this slip lol.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ddaafftt wrote: »
    I read it as "more than one ardent coin from the Invocation Gift". So, if it goes the way I think, you'll be able to speed up your Angel acquisition by four days using this. Maybe. If not, then yeah, completely worthless.

Unless you save up multiple of the invocation gifts and use them once a day over the course of a month (or however many you have).
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    News wrote: »

* It is not intended for players to get more than one Ardent Coin per day.

Kinda kills the whole point of the event then , 4 extra ardent coins , seems that the Gods are kinda stingy with their gifts......
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So, what exactly does the Invocation Gift do? Is it like a second invoke (and if you use another Invocation Gift, it won't give you any Ardent Coins)?

I don't get it.
    edited February 2014
    yes hoping it`s a typo in "*: It is not intended for players to get more than one Ardent Coin per day."
    and they mean use instead of get.
    like when you spend AD it still says "you`ve lost... astral diamonds"
  • dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
    edited February 2014
    meldan3n wrote: »
    So, what exactly does the Invocation Gift do? Is it like a second invoke (and if you use another Invocation Gift, it won't give you any Ardent Coins)?

I don't get it.

As I understand it the Invocation Gift allows you to invoke a second time and grants you one additional Ardent Coin.

- Dwight
  • dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
    edited February 2014
    Hey Everyone,

If you have any further questions or feedback regarding the Challenge of the Gods event, please head to the Challenge of the Gods live thread instead of posting here. This will help us keep track of issues or feedback when the event goes live.

Thanks!

Dwight
This discussion has been closed.