What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lightfoot thief

Comments

• Options
    ebonmarkebonmark Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've completed the epic dungeon 30+ times now and still no luck. How many times did it take before you got the Lightfoot thief companion?
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ebonmark wrote: »
    I've completed the epic dungeon 30+ times now and still no luck. How many times did it take before you got the Lightfoot thief companion?

I've ever seen only ONE Lightfoot Thief on AH. That usually means it's tremendously rare.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ebonmark wrote: »
    I've ever seen only ONE Lightfoot Thief on AH. That usually means it's tremendously rare.

the official word:
    goatshark wrote: »
    Yes, this is a very rare drop from the end-room (boss) encounter.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    rare as in extremely rare... i am over 100 dungeons and didnt get it.
    But this is not the only thing rare: Lathander artifact no drop after 40+ opens, no blink dog after 100+ runs of the place also no renegade mage in i dont know how many runs... i have finish farming the equipment on 4 characters. I am starting to feel that the wolf mount was an easy gain at 100 runs...

I really want someone out there to realize how stupid this system is and that it can give u zero reward no matter how dedicated you are.
    As others said the best way to play this game is to just find a way to get ad like most do with 50 toons multiple accounts (dont want to know how they are managing them) and buy everything from ah, cause otherwise u;ll find only frustration.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... are they seriously going to limit it to two successful runs per day? I hope I'm reading that incorrectly.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... are they seriously going to limit it to two successful runs per day? I hope I'm reading that incorrectly.

The daily rewards are limited to 2 runs a day.
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Played like 30 Games and Zilch. Still waiting on my Artifact with the Gauntlets as well. And also the Blink Dog, and a Decent drop from a lock box since the Nightmare ones. And Coalescent ward form invoking and.........

I have seen 1 in Ah - but as usual ridiculous price 3 Mil or something - like yeah - get a life!!!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »
    I really want someone out there to realize how stupid this system is and that it can give u zero reward no matter how dedicated you are.
    As others said the best way to play this game is to just find a way to get ad like most do with 50 toons multiple accounts (dont want to know how they are managing them) and buy everything from ah, cause otherwise u;ll find only frustration.

well, by rewards, you are getting rewards so you should specify that what you mean is "rewards you want" and specifically, the lightfoot thief. you get gold, companion experience, lesser and blue marks, refining stones, enchants/runestones, profession mats, pots... they are now adding daily rewards and since it hasn't been out that long, i could see them expanding rewards in the future. there are more reasons to play SCA than just to get the lightfoot thief.
  • Options
    pkdeadly1pkdeadly1 Member Posts: 45
    edited February 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    well, by rewards, you are getting rewards so you should specify that what you mean is "rewards you want" and specifically, the lightfoot thief. you get gold, companion experience, lesser and blue marks, refining stones, enchants/runestones, profession mats, pots... they are now adding daily rewards and since it hasn't been out that long, i could see them expanding rewards in the future. there are more reasons to play SCA than just to get the lightfoot thief.

can you name 1 item that's worth having to some one who has 4 epic pets and is farming t6 dungeon for lightfoot thief 500 Rp dose not count as its not worth the time and that's about 2nd highest thing there is?

its not |Reward when item costs u 4 epic pets to get a chance at it and when you could gain more by doing all most any thing in same time Even a foundry will net u more rp in same time and we know what people think of them and foundry is normally about 50x more fun
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    pkdeadly1 wrote: »
    can you name 1 item that's worth having to some one who has 4 epic pets and is farming t6 dungeon for lightfoot thief 500 Rp dose not count as its not worth the time and that's about 2nd highest thing there is?

its not |Reward when item costs u 4 epic pets to get a chance at it and when you could gain more by doing all most any thing in same time Even a foundry will net u more rp in same time and we know what people think of them and foundry is normally about 50x more fun

since i can only speak for myself, i have four epic companions and i'm not in any hurry to get the lightfoot thief. i can also benefit from companion xp, gold, enchantments, runestones, refinement stones and profession mats. my point was you're not getting "nothing" - you are getting something. if there was a set number of times you could do the quest and you get the rare companion, then it wouldn't really be rare, would it? and then what would be the point of offering it in a game if it was easily acquired?

if you don't want the other rewards, that's fine. i'm not saying that other people can't have other motives in playing SCA but to say that you get nothing from it is just how you choose to look at it.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    :) hey, this is the "i want it now" generation :)

I got 2 Thieves already, sold first for 2 million in the first week of SCA and i thought it was a steal, sold 2nd for 6 million a few weeks ago and still was auto sell, i will set the third for 6 million min bid 9 million buyout and watch what happens, i do 6-9 successfful runs dayly because its 1 hour for 3 runs, so its grindable without much effort while you do other stuff.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    frarii wrote: »
    :) hey, this is the "i want it now" generation :)

I got 2 Thieves already, sold first for 2 million in the first week of SCA and i thought it was a steal, sold 2nd for 6 million a few weeks ago and still was auto sell, i will set the third for 6 million min bid 9 million buyout and watch what happens, i do 6-9 successfful runs dayly because its 1 hour for 3 runs, so its grindable without much effort while you do other stuff.
    This is a perfect example of a broken RNG. Ppl getting it twice while others double that effort and get nothing.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pkdeadly1 wrote: »

For fun. It's a game after all, right?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    Personally i play it for the DnD aspect of it, sure i get reward items, but i play it to have fun. If i get a thief, well i guess the Almighty RNG deemed me worthy of it. If not, i still have fun playing the game, free gold and refine mats. Its a win /win situation in my opinion.

i've almost cried...
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm looking forward to getting my first. Does it drop from the final boss?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm looking forward to getting my first. Does it drop from the final boss?

Yes, there is a small chance of getting it from the final boss in a tier 6 adventure.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sweet. I've completed several dozen delves. Hopefully next one's the charm =D
  • Options
    ebonmarkebonmark Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I do 3 runs a day and it takes me roughly an hour. I've been at it for over 2 weeks now and have spent well over 15 hours and the loot is meh at best. I do hope the daily rewards they are adding are better - unique dyes would be nice! Something more rewarding please because the time sink is substantial and does not reflect the same value.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The grind to get the pet ruined SCA to the point I don't even feel like using it to level my other characters pet.
  • Options
    ahkmirahkmir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm up to ~60 completions of the Tier 6 dungeon and still no lightfoot thief. This has to be the most difficult companion to get in the game!
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ahkmir wrote: »
    I'm up to ~60 completions of the Tier 6 dungeon and still no lightfoot thief. This has to be the most difficult companion to get in the game!

Not by a long shot, try to get the Icosahedron Ioun Stone.
  • Options
    sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited April 2014
    anyone can get a Shepherd even using the temporary companions. But only one per character.

I have 3 of them. I named them Shepie, Fluffy and Fifi. Can't be slotted at the same time though.
  • Options
    ahkmirahkmir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ahkmir wrote: »

now at 100+ completions and still no lightfoot thief drop. :(
  • Options
    drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    This is a perfect example of a broken RNG. Ppl getting it twice while others double that effort and get nothing.

Um. No. It's random. That's what the R in RNG means. Some people are at one end of the bell curve and some people are at the other.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I wish they would post the chances to receive things. I mean, even when you play the lottery, you know what the odds of winning are. I guess if the odds are 1 in a million of getting the lightfoot thief, they can advertise it as you having a "chance" to win. Of course, if I knew the odds were 1 in a million, I wouldn't waste my time.
  • Options
    buliloli0107buliloli0107 Member Posts: 90
    edited April 2014
    I got my light foot 1 mnth worth of SCA = more than 150 runs.... then tried for my second i grew tired... 1 mnth and 3 weeks.... more than 200+ runs. I dnt know for sure if u can get a 2nd one coz i stopped.
  • Options
    haven112haven112 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is the lightfoot thief really that good at purple rank? Does the active bonus on the thief become that good when you upgrade it from blue to purple? What happens? Please let me know so that I know if to use my AD into upgrading him or not. It would me MUCH appreciated :)!
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Depends on class.

TR: good!
    CW: well there are lots of good pets which are cheaper.
    GWF: maybe better than on CW but still has lots of good cheaper pets.
This discussion has been closed.