test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lightfoot thief

vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Wondering, did someone find him already? Made 3 succesful runs to tier 6 in Sword Cost Adventurers but still no result :/

EDIT: 650+ runs later
33pghm8.jpg

It's drop from the t6 boss. Grind on and don't lose hope, guys.
Post edited by vasdamas on

Comments

• Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It is a random drop, and I think it should be pretty rare, considering it's a blue companion. It might take forever to get it, so three runs is not that much I think.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Definitely not me. Attempted this once but I only have 1 purple pet. Would be interested to know how many purple pets people who complete this adventure have/use.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well, I have enough purple companions to form two parties for this. 8 companions

Hm, gotta check AH for that companion.

P.S IMO we need more Thieves companions. Rat from drake seals shop is the only one we can get >.>
    UPD none posted for sale on AH...
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't know if you're gonna find it in the AH, the other companion was bound on pickup.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    khimera906 wrote: »
    I don't know if you're gonna find it in the AH, the other companion was bound on pickup.

The Damaran Shepherd tooltip said BoP but the one for the Lightfoot says BoE. This makes logical sense since anyone can get a Shepherd even using the temporary companions. But only one per character.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Decent companion for a TR.

What do you think is this better than a wererat on a CW?
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I finished the Tier 6 (where you get the Lightfoot Thief) over 20 times now (closer to 30). No Thief yet.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    meldan3n wrote: »
    I've finished the Tier 10 (where you get the Lightfoot Thief) over 20 times now (closer to 30). No Thief yet.

Pretty sure you mean tier 6 since that is the highest tier.
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    5 level6 runs and nothing. Guess its not common.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    found in completion or a chance from a chest in the dungeon itself perhaps.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    16 wipes and 26 succesful attempts. No sign of thief so far.

Someone sold that thief for 2m on AH recently btw
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Want to know how much dmg the active passive bonus is, trying to pick a 5th companion for bonus and its between this guy and galeb.
  • Options
    valiant4evervaliant4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    11t1img.jpg

In answer to questions when it proc'd I was getting:
    - on blue rank (3x level damage) a consistent bleed of 68 per target every 2 seconds
    - on purple rank (5x level damage) a consistent bleed of 114 per target every 2 seconds

Additionally:
    - There is a visual: target(s) have "bloodthirst" in faint blue writing appear across them on initial proc.
    - In combat log you get something like "Your bloodthirst deals 114 physical to Iron Golem"
    - The companion is a rare blue random drop from Swordcoast Tier 6 Adventures
    - The companion is Bind on Equip

Hope that helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ligur1ligur1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Heya Val,

So the random drop was from anywhere or only at the end? Did you get it from the final encounter?
  • Options
    willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited December 2013
    25 runs and nothing yet.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mod note: just a reminder that trading is not allowed on the forums. please keep your trades and offers in-game. thanks.

do not reply to this moderation note. instead, send us a PM to discuss it.
  • Options
    kalemendraxkalemendrax Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Anyone comfirm if drop is boss only or any random encounter? i have 3 30s and a white so only one successful clear in 7 tries but many encounters. id like to know if its worth doing the random ones while i wait on my 4th 30
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Anyone comfirm if drop is boss only or any random encounter? i have 3 30s and a white so only one successful clear in 7 tries but many encounters. id like to know if its worth doing the random ones while i wait on my 4th 30

I got mine from the boss.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the reply! ill still try since i completed it again last go but i should likely buy that last epic and level it. was hoping mystic Phoera but ugh up to 2 million (randoms LOVE 5+ magic and 5+ keys split for me so thats a perfect companion to tackle that).

Otherwise im going to complete it again..woo 2 in a row with a white as my 4th! i feel accomplished
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Has anyone been able to complete it with just blues, or blue & green companions?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    insanekirbyinsanekirby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have done 2 full clears, and about another dozen with just killing the last boss and leaving some stuff up. Still no pet. I will keep you guys informed if something changes, and where I got it from.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to complete it with just blues, or blue & green companions?
    I have made a few attempts with 1 purple pet and 3 blues... I have not been able to complete it yet.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    jegerwulfjegerwulf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited December 2013

Pretty difficult even with all purples. I'd say not with blues, and no chance at all with greens. Possibly with three purples and a blue. You need at least one high level toon with many sword dice and one with many key dice. My dire wolf is my best friend in Tier 6 (it has both).
  • Options
    duinixxxduinixxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Gotten 8 failures and 7 boss kills and 1 full clear with 3 purple and 1 blue pet
  • Options
    denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013

It's near impossible with just blues. Even with 3 purples and 1 blue, you almost need to have all 3 purples rank 30 to ensure you have all 4 power dice. Otherwise you simply don't have enough dice to get through it. I've done it with 2 purples rank 30, 1 purple rank 25, and 1 blue rank 25... and barely squeaked out a win. But that came down to a final roll with one die left and praying for the best.

[edit]4 rank 30 purples though... it's easy peasey.
  • Options
    greekstudgreekstud Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2013
    allready done 20 kills of the boss and no companion yet,...
    its a pitty... they threw a bait like that nice companion and i invested money to get some epic pets just for this game with ridiculous rewards except that one that never drops... next time we should be more careful and ask for the % of the drop or not start at all
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I got one today off the boss on my 11th clear. Im using 4 purples at rank 30 and its about a 75-85% success rate atm. Def have a great combat pet and i reccomend a 3+ magic with 2-3 thievery pet cause i get a TON of high magic+high thievery challenges.

im just glad it is BoE and i can get em for friends/sell em. Also all Zen companions are 60% off atm so if you have money its a good time to grab an epic or two.
  • Options
    greekstudgreekstud Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2013
    26 kills of the boss - no companion lol are they serious? and i need about an hour for 3 runs or more
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    greekstud wrote: »
    allready done 20 kills of the boss and no companion yet,...
    its a pitty... they threw a bait like that nice companion and i invested money to get some epic pets just for this game with ridiculous rewards except that one that never drops... next time we should be more careful and ask for the % of the drop or not start at all
    Well companion drops from celadine/events aren't exactly a 1/4 drop, thinking that you should be guarenteed one after 4 wins might be an over-expectation when anything good from the game doesnt really have those odds.
This discussion has been closed.