Install Arc
Options

Lightfoot thief

Comments

• Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    Oh trust me, I did not get it on the first try! I was running w/ 3 purples and 1 blue pet for 50+ attempts before upgrading my Dancing Blade to 5% Crit Sev. I think I got it on the 6th try last night (all pets were on their last 10 stamina before rest).

Side note... "Wererat Thief" and "Ioun Runestone" are still VERY good, even @ Blue level in the T6. Even with a Purple Dancing Blade, there are times I wish I had upgraded the Thief instead.

Gtz C0m

/10 char
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »
    i just wanted to tell the guys that got it in 1st try: I HATE YOU!! :o
    Can't even say how much I like this comment.

Cleaned tier 6 86 times with no result and then got stuck at encounter roll screen - _ - That mini game just denied me :X
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've yet to get into SCA really, but you make me want to try it. Have you guys worked out the best combination of companions to do the quest yet?

I think best I can do for now is Lillend, epic cat, Fire Archon and another blue (Dancing Blade, Wererat Thief, Blacksmith, Skeletal Dog...)

Try or stay away?
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    3 epics 1 blue, you'll be fine; maybe fail a few on bad rolls/decisions, but definitely doable.

Edit: maybe I don't know the dice you get with those. that could play a good factor. Just give it a go in your free time, its really easy to understand.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    I've yet to get into SCA really, but you make me want to try it. Have you guys worked out the best combination of companions to do the quest yet?

I think best I can do for now is Lillend, epic cat, Fire Archon and another blue (Dancing Blade, Wererat Thief, Blacksmith, Skeletal Dog...)

Try or stay away?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?573151-Tips-for-Sword-Coast-Adventures-tier-6-dungeons

Be warned drop rate on thief is probably very very low. Wouldn't be surprised if it was 1% to 5%.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    j0shi82 wrote: »

Try or stay away?

Definitely try. But be forewarned: it can be addictive.

Side benefits those who have not played it yet may not be aware: ALL companions can play (both active and inactive).

Companions gain skill points, even if they are inactive - so check often in-game (especially the inactive ones) to see if training is needed. Note that if a companion is actively in training, it cannot play SCA. Also note that companions that need more stamina regain it over time - same as when they "rest" after a turn, but longer (10 or 15 minutes I think, but I could be wrong on the length of time).
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice, thx guys!
  • Options
    remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Props for the epic cleric, ioun stone (allure), pseudodrake and dire wolf (or sylph). Many runs, no pet tho :(

Would be nice to have it "confirmed" that it is a boss drop only, I've been clearing all the maps as I have occasionally gotten blues from other encounters, and didn't want to miss it. Has ANYONE gotten the thief pet from anything EXCEPT the final boss?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Hover your mouse over a dungeon, it will show you what the rewards are. You WILL get all those rewards if you *complete* the dungeon. "Complete the dungeon" does and always has meant: "finish the final boss", which translates into: pick a dungeon, kill the final boss, receive *everything promised*.

Now hover your mouse over the Tier 6 dungeon. See the blue Lightfoot Thief listed there, at the end, on the far right? Kill the boss of that Tier 6 dungeon and you, too, can have one.

Just like it works in-game: Quest-giving NPC tells you were to go and shows you the rewards you will win. Go do it, win and receive exactly the reward the NPC said you'd receive.
    . . . Actually, that's only for the Damaran Shepherd. The Epic dungeon Lightfoot Thief is a random chance. I know many people who complete this dungeon and have yet to get the Lightfoot Thief that's shown in the rewards. Check out what it says when you click on the epic dungeon:"During this adventure, you might find:" - the key word here is, "might." That does not equate to being a guaranteed drop, which is it not. The Damaran Shepherd tutorial quest one says "will receive," if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    xitzayxitzay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You run the tier one through five and you get everything listed. But as soon as you hit the tier 6 that you have to upgrade companions for the chance of the only thing worth any AD drops to nothing. I run 4 purple companions in it, clear almost every time, and have yet to have it drop.
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Wondering, did someone find him already? Made 3 succesful runs to tier 6 in Sword Cost Adventurers but still no result :/

I had one drop a few days ago, sold him for a decent sum on the AH.
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It would be real good for my TR.
    But about 25 runs and nothing
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited January 2014
    Sad day when you need to have 4 purple companions to have a chance at unlocking a blue companion -.-
  • Options
    aznxknightzaznxknightz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Anybody transfer 800 zen last week because of a premature ending of companion bundle sale? You'll get a free (green) mercenary. It has the same attack skills as the lightfoot thief but the thief is rare quality.
    Basically it'll start off with deft strike, teleporting behind the enemy, which in turn will give you combat advantage, and then it'll use sky flourish (2 second cooldown, attacks 4 times). By the time it finishes attacking four times it re-uses sky flourish because the cooldown has reset. It's basically your typical TR attacking endlessly with sky flourish while starting things off with deft strike in companion form.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cant wait to get my hands on one of these little fellows:)
  • Options
    radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I tried to purchase one last evening as running that Online Adventures Dungeon again wit a almost no chance to drop for me (I am so unlucky with RNG), and was outbid 4 times and woke up this morning to find I was outbid again.

Sellers are smart now as they are NOT posting buyout prices on this "hot" item. I am sure some players will PAY whatever price for the Thief now.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Paid small fortune for mine.
  • Options
    goatsharkgoatshark Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Anyone comfirm if drop is boss only or any random encounter? i have 3 30s and a white so only one successful clear in 7 tries but many encounters. id like to know if its worth doing the random ones while i wait on my 4th 30

Yes, this is a very rare drop from the end-room (boss) encounter.
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Paid small fortune for mine.

A little over 3.6 Million right.. ;)
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sirjesto wrote: »
    A little over 3.6 Million right.. ;)

Not quite, traded a g.vorp so about 2.8mil
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Not quite, traded a g.vorp so about 2.8mil

Pretty good deal apparently. One went for 3.6 Mill today.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    7.5 millions bid-only auction on the AH right now :) Absolutely ridiculous.

If it sells, I'm giving up the game itself and only run SCA. I think I've made like 15 successful runs for now and nothing, I'm quite sure many others have tried it many more times without results.
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why do you care if someone else buys it for 7.5 million AD? I hope they do and then I hope I get one and can sell it for around the same :P I have no idea how this would effect your enjoyment of the game (or anyone else's for that matter?) I'm honestly surprized that they have sold for over 2 million considering the active bonus isn't anything fantastic and you can buy the purple companions for much less.
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    7.5 millions bid-only auction on the AH right now :) Absolutely ridiculous.

If it sells, I'm giving up the game itself and only run SCA. I think I've made like 15 successful runs for now and nothing, I'm quite sure many others have tried it many more times without results.

I put mine up for 2m starting bid, and 6m buyout. It sold for the 6m. :)
    If I ever get another one, I may try 10m. ;)
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The price must be high because of the bug that caused many people getting stuck. Very nice...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    calvin1tag wrote: »
    Why do you care if someone else buys it for 7.5 million AD? I hope they do and then I hope I get one and can sell it for around the same :P I have no idea how this would effect your enjoyment of the game (or anyone else's for that matter?) I'm honestly surprized that they have sold for over 2 million considering the active bonus isn't anything fantastic and you can buy the purple companions for much less.

It seems you might have misunderstood what I wrote :)
  • Options
    insanekirbyinsanekirby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Up to about 50-60 runs myself. Did a couple full clears. Still nothing for me. If anyone is interested in watching a T6 walk through full clear I made a video with some tips and how and why I roll like I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2glL_Qo228

Leave some comments and let me know what you think.
  • Options
    xxraistlenxxxxraistlenxx Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, i finally got enough companion metal to complete the tier 6 sca adventure, but didnt find the thief reward. Understandable, since this was the first time, but just curious how many times it takes to find the little bugger. Also, does it make a difference if I complete every available encounter, or does the thief drop from the last boss? Thanks in advance, happy adventuring!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It's about luck.

I am somewhere near 80 runs, no companion. Just as I am running Celadaine daily since I opened that zone and no Blink Dog. Just as I am opening Arcane Coffers from weeks ago and no artifact.

The companion was confirmed as a last boss drop, so I don't see any reason to clear all encounters, other than going back to conserve HP if you find yourself facing a difficult challenge with an inadequate companion.
  • Options
    xxraistlenxxxxraistlenxx Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the reply,

awesome, 80 runs and nothing eh? i guess if they made it too easy it wouldnt be fun. By the way I ranked up fawn out of pure annoyance and she rocks in SCA! best billion a.d. i ever spent!
This discussion has been closed.