test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Girlfriend or neverwinter

pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
edited February 2014 in Off Topic
This is going to be a very different thread..
Recently my girlfriend switched off my PC during a castle never run.. Just as we hit Draco....
Obviously I wasn't too impressed so I responded by asking her to move out of my house.. So she did..

But the universe is ok as I have a new girlfriend already...

Now what I want to ask is what would you chose...
Girlfriend or boyfriend

Or

Neverwinter?!

Looking forward to some interesting responses

This thread is aimed at generating some humor.. So take it that way lol
Post edited by pandapaul on

Comments

• Options
    eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    the title itself made me LOL'd! HAHAHA
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It depends:
    Do Imaginary Canadian Girlfriends count?

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you have started adjusting real life and the people in it for computer games, it's probably time to sell your computer and not buy another one.
  • Options
    unholydragonkingunholydragonking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    If you have started adjusting real life and the people in it for computer games, it's probably time to sell your computer and not buy another one.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. Ijs.
  • Options
    sasorassasoras Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    People say it as if it was obvious, but if you were planning to break anyways and is looking for an excuse then neverwinter,

Sleep with it,hug it, kiss it and tell neverwinter your deepest secrets.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Real life is overrated. It has lots of bugs (yesterday my train didn't depart because of broken engine and I had to wait 3 hours for a fix), and pvp is imbalanced (my office skills don't work at all against a back-alley thug).
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    pandapaul wrote: »
    Recently my girlfriend switched off my PC during a castle never run..

Maybe she just needed the outlet to plug her vacuum cleaner.
    Usually a geek's GF plays the Cleric in the same MMO where her BF is the Knight or Warrior or Mage.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    100% Neverwinter. xD
  • Options
    eatmearueatmearu Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2014
    well obviously neverwinter > RL
  • Options
    eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    eatmearu wrote: »
    well obviously neverwinter > RL

not for the OP tho xD
  • Options
    ananvilhurtzananvilhurtz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pandapaul wrote: »
    Now what I want to ask is what would you chose...
    Girlfriend or boyfriend

A boyfriend might be more understanding of gaming habits. I'd try that.
    Religion - 60 GF (15.3k GS)
    The Seeker - 60 DC (11.5k GS)
    Faithless - 60 CW (10k GS)
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Lets put it this way. There are many girls, but only 1 neverwinter! But really it depends what's right for you at this time. Neverwinter may be enjoyable, a girlfriend can be more fulfilling if you get the right one... Or you could try to manage both. Time's a b!#@h though.
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I think it depends what you want from a relationship. If it's just a short-term thing, ditch the girlfriend and stick to Neverwinter. If it's a long-term thing, ditch Neverwinter and stick to the girl. Or, if you're lucky, find a girl who plays Neverwinter. ;)
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There's a ton of GFs in the LFG channel. So have both? :D
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Couldnt agree more with this..

If this is a real thread and you honestly did just turf your gf's clothes on the lawn over a dungeon run then I would heed that advice above & dont look back..
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Neverwinter wont get upset with you. If you cheat on it, by playing another game.
  • Options
    jenisydejenisyde Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    RL > NW

However, your girlfriend should understand your hobbies and hopefully understood the person you were before she got with you. It's her fault for not accepting your gaming habits. Don't let a woman stop you from doing the things that make you happy.
    Jaylo
    Halfling - Devoted Cleric - Divine Oracle
    Neverwinter Tribunal
    <Genocidal Tendencies>
    www.genotendencies.enjin.com
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jenisyde wrote: »
    RL > NW

However, your girlfriend should understand your hobbies and hopefully understood the person you were before she got with you. It's her fault for not accepting your gaming habits. Don't let a woman stop you from doing the things that make you happy.

I should say that the first one may not have understood and thought it was innocent as it's 'just a game'. She may have been controlling, I can't say. But if it wasn't done already, I would've explained why it was wrong to do so comparing it to taking her home in the middle of a movie she's been watching at a friends house.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If I had a girlfriend, I wouldn't be playing Neverwinter.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A more understanding GF? Quick CN run then obviously celebratory smex.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ;D

Good I've got no problem like this. And the question is too difficult I am afraid :D
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Never date anyone who isn't a gamer, I say.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Never date anyone who isn't a gamer, I say.

Just date someone who has an equally time consuming hobby & tadaaa!
  • Options
    nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well first this gaming habbit itself can get dangerous. To avoid reality because you cant deal with it or its just too much for you by playing games is very easy and socially more accepted then OTHER drugs.

To have your Girlfriend around and play NW is ignorant - to say: "Well i just have a new girlfriend" is super ignorant. What do you have a girlfriend for then? Just to have it?

Ask yourself for what desires do your gaming habbits stand for and why dont you get them fullfilled in real life or by your girlfriend.

As I am taking half year off i can tell my girlfriend is very annoyed by my exessive gaming behaviour - at least i dont miss any appointments and still have more interest in sports and friends when there is a posibility
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    very good, but if life is broken and the game also so what to do?
    Real life is overrated. It has lots of bugs (yesterday my train didn't depart because of broken engine and I had to wait 3 hours for a fix), and pvp is imbalanced (my office skills don't work at all against a back-alley thug).
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Maybe she just needed the outlet to plug her vacuum cleaner.
    Usually a geek's GF plays the Cleric in the same MMO where her BF is the Knight or Warrior or Mage.

That would explain why many clerics are so bad.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Anything that takes up so much of your time that your personal life suffers can be bad.

A relationship with someone who is controlling and not understanding and/or supportive of your hobbies can be bad.

If this happened out of the blue, a conversation is in order where you can both express your concerns, desires etc. I suspect, since the reaction was to kick her out, that it was past this point.

Balance is key, in all things. It shouldn't be one or the other, relationships are about balance, compromise and understanding.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can't really answer without pictures of the girl.
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    twstdecho wrote: »
    A relationship with someone who is controlling and not understanding and/or supportive of your hobbies can be bad.
    Is he or she the bad one? She wanted him to play less, so she left when he refused. Is she controlling, or he selfish? That's the question here. If he's the problem, I pity his new girlfriend. It's only a matter of time before he ignores her so much she leaves too.
  • Options
    dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Define term 'girlfriend/boyfriend' first.

Focused on romantic side - Angry Neko Elf
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk