test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Swashbuckler, how many trys did it take?

Comments

• vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Second run, Swashbuckler.
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings
  • kylinmachinekylinmachine Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I been doing the event since it started for about 6-8 hours straight a day and no luck getting a single swashbuckler!!! not cool at all.Had to get my brother to give me one because he got like 4-5 of them.
  • kylinmachinekylinmachine Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    same thing with me I am running the event with my gwf and not getting a single swashbuckler
  • zargorius666zargorius666 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    First run with my DC, second run with my CW - then another one after 3-4 more runs.
  • manplowmanplow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I spent all weekend getting enough Medallions of Battle to buy skins for three guys, a peg leg, and have a whole bunch left over for future CTAs, and still haven't got a Swashbuckler. My guild leader got one on his second run.
    Warrior Nation. Always recruiting. Check us out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Like a snow plow, but for people.
  • wmtrexlerwmtrexler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Got one on Sat on my lvl 60 5th or 6th run.
    Got two on Sun on my Lvl 53 didn't keep track but the 2nd was near the time I logged.
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited January 2014
    ~2k Medallions, 7 swashbucklers.

BTW, I think the swashbuckler is holding her sword the wrong side up... >.<
  • wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    4th try .... although the 3rd doesn't count because I died right at the end and even though it put me back at the respawn point, it didn't let me get anything from the chest. other than that, 2 dye packs, some medallions and a couple rank 3 brutals.
  • zolimoszolimos Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well over 50 runs (stopped counting) on my CW and no companion.:(

Note: My daughter got one on her 1st run with her DC.:)
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was lucky, got it as well as a few lvl5 brutals in my first couple of tries. Dye packs pop up every few runs too.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1100 medallions, no companion. 12 total dye packs. 3 rank 5 enchants.

Apparently, I killed the RNGs dog in a past life...
  • zolimoszolimos Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cdnbison wrote: »
    1100 medallions, no companion. 12 total dye packs. 3 rank 5 enchants.

Apparently, I killed the RNGs dog in a past life...

That's a good way to express it. I ended up with 1400 medallions, 16 dye packs, 4 rank 5s, no companion.

Apparently, I was your dog killing accomplice.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can't recall the exact number of runs, but I had over 600 medallions when I finally got a Swashbuckler. BTW, I kinda laughed when I went to the event dais and noticed that there's a drunk max-rank Swashbuckler standing near Xaliana. :D
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok so... 3 toons so far. Ive gotten more than 1400 medallions, 6 swashes so far. You get anywhere from 10-15 medallions a run so do the math. 1400/15 (best)= 94 runs approx (round up). So 1 swash every 16 runs. I'm not sure about RNG but all 3 of my toons are over 13k GS and it seems like im carrying the group unless im on my DC.
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • kharnykharny Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    if you think im kidding then i wouldnt be surprised, but ive had over 2000 medallions and 40 dye packs, 9 rank 5 brutals and still not a single companion.
    ive bought 6 weapon trasmutes and 6 rune catches. I think i slept with RNGs wife in a past life
  • kharnykharny Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i have 2 99 stacks of rank 1s and an 88 stack of rank 2s
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I got mine first try, would have been nice if they had it available for like 5000 medallions or something but that would make people more likely to just grind the CTA into the dirt. also would have been nice if the sca had a chance to drop the pet.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I got mine first try, would have been nice if they had it available for like 5000 medallions or something but that would make people more likely to just grind the CTA into the dirt. also would have been nice if the sca had a chance to drop the pet.

The Winter event had a companion for 3200 tokens, and that ran for like 20 days. The 4 or so days we have for this CTA couldn't possibly warrant that many tokens as the cost. 800-1000 would be more appropriate.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited January 2014
    I got it on my first run. My son has run it over 50 times and still has not found one.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, I finally GOT THAT STUPID COMPANION FFS. I've gotten so far - 4 weapon skins on different characters, 1 leg, and opened about 10 coffers (all lesser marks btw). It took me a lot of time -_-
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • urd01urd01 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I ran 84 times with my CW and didnt get the companion.
    Last night I ran 6 times with my HR and on the third run I got my first (and only) 'buckler.

so.. 87th time's a charm.. as it were.
  • vengefulfuryvengefulfury Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tries? I didn't even try to be honest, i was more interested in acquiring things to sell on the AH.. If i had got the companion I'd have sold that too.

I saw people SO eager to get the **** thing. One guy even taught his son how to play the game just to stand a better chance at getting the **** thing lol.

So no I'm not too bothered that i didn't get it, in fact i figured I'd just spend my time on more constructive things like going out or leveling up my character.

Not going to cry over something that I'd probably end up selling xD
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I picked up 6 on the AH the past few days. Other than the last one at 35k I don't think I paid more than 30k for each one. It looks like they are going up now though.

I really wish they'd take the RNG out of the equation on these events and make it be so many tokens or whatever. Although knowing the devs they'd make it some ridiculous number where you'd still have to farm the event 8 hours a day to get enough currency to buy it so perhaps it's best to just leave it as it is.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was surprised to see one in the chest on my third run (new character GWF created just for this event for the peg-leg). Continued running for medallions so I could buy the peg-leg (have buyer's remorse now). So I went ahead and equipped the swashbuckler and my first impression: kinda ugly.

Either way, they've flooded the AH with them. Among the cheapest (other-than-white) companions you can buy right now.
  • mysterynotesmysterynotes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Found 9 swashbucklers out of 34 runs. Pretty happy so far.
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Don't recall how many runs, but I had enough coins for 2 peg legs. I managed to get 4 Swashbucklers. It's a shame that the RNG in those 100 coin boxes are so low. I opened 5 of them and only got lesser refinement items, which is a bummer. If the RNG on boxes were a tad bit better I would still be participating in the event.
  • msrebel1972msrebel1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I ran CTA over 80 times and never got one! I'm lucky to have generous guild members, though, so I have them for my two lowbie tunes. Thanks guys!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abxyxxxabxyxxx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I accidentally discarded mine
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ran it easily 100 times, no pet
  • cpendletcpendlet Member Posts: 42
    edited January 2014
    I got 2 in my first 10 or so runs. The Random number generator is a cruel mistress.