test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Swashbuckler, how many trys did it take?

Comments

• syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Less than 30 :3. Not sure if I want to keep farming or not... (yeah, I do. Those loot chest are awesome. And that rapier just looks amazing for the TR. It's super classy)
    contents to be decided
  • dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All 5 of mine lvl 60 total between all 5 approx 50-60 runs, no companion yet. need a couple of them too, couple of my char's could use that crit buff
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
    edited January 2014
    syka08 wrote: »
    Less than 30 :3. Not sure if I want to keep farming or not... (yeah, I do. Those loot chest are awesome. And that rapier just looks amazing for the TR. It's super classy)

what loot chest? the one ya buy from the cta vendor? i bought one so far, got me a dark rank 2 and a peridot. granted, limited test pool for me so far, but i was not impressed. I expect to be wow'd on my first date ;-)
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
    edited January 2014
    dethsdezyn wrote: »
    what loot chest? the one ya buy from the cta vendor? i bought one so far, got me a dark rank 2 and a peridot. granted, limited test pool for me so far, but i was not impressed. I expect to be wow'd on my first date ;-)

Yeah, the one from the CTA. I don't expect to get a Great, but it's at least a promising incentive to keep people running who are in it just for a swashbuckler for their character for those that RNG just isn't favoring.
    contents to be decided
    edited January 2014
    Ahh true true :)
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Finally got one swashbuckler after pulling an all nighter in the CTA. Now I need to try with my other 6 toons XD
  • baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    got mine on 3rd run... and have not seen one since. over 40 runs across various toons since then..
  • boredinflboredinfl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1631 Medallions, no companion. -.-
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not being a RNG fan I'm just going to go AH as I have in all the previous CTA events. Coming up with ~50k AD to me is a much better use of my time than farming the same event over and over. Especially since I need 6 of them. Well, 7 that is. I have to have a spare for when the next class comes out!
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The good news is that they're not bound, so there's still hope for you guys if you can afford buying one off the AH.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • starcherstarcher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think the companion sucks and seems to pull agro onto my character. It's an interesting bonus to gain rating when you are crit but I went back to my dog and stopped having agro problems. Maybe her programming is messed up.
  • kragar00kragar00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    chantola21 wrote: »
    I got my swashbuckler at my 7th attempt. Very glad at that since it's a nice companion.
    How about you guys, how many attempts did it take you, or how many attempts did you already
    do with no success?

95 runs over 6 characters with one character at 75 runs with no swashbuckler with 1500+ MoB. This is now in the state of absurd. Devs check your loot tables please.:mad::mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " A hero is no braver than anyone else....they are just braver five minutes longer"
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not sure how many runs I did, but I have 1000+ event tokens on 3 characters, no companion. Was doing skirmish with my friends, they already have 2 companions, I've still got none.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • jaradieljaradiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    None so far and I have about 400 of the special currency. The drop chance really needs work, I'd say a start chance of 10% and 1% more for each time you don't get it. Once you do the counter resets
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Run the event lots and lots but no Swashbuckler yet but I have everything else like the peg leg and weapon skin , my RNG luck just blows as seen with my lack of a portal hound and dread ring lair artifact despite running both every day since they first became available to me , I just hope future CTA events keep the store and BoE companion/mount same as this event so that players who have crappy RNG luck can still buy the stuff that doesn't seem to want to drop.
    edited January 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Run the event lots and lots but no Swashbuckler yet but I have everything else like the peg leg and weapon skin , my RNG luck just blows as seen with my lack of a portal hound and dread ring lair artifact despite running both every day since they first became available to me , I just hope future CTA events keep the store and BoE companion/mount same as this event so that players who have crappy RNG luck can still buy the stuff that doesn't seem to want to drop.

The dread ring layer artifact eludes most. Portal hound comes from the Feywild starter pack. You mean Blink Dog, right? I've only ever gotten 1 in all my times running Celadine's tower over 3 separate characters. Ugh. The Dread Legion artifact will probably elude me even longer.
    contents to be decided
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    syka08 wrote: »
    The dread ring layer artifact eludes most. Portal hound comes from the Feywild starter pack. You mean Blink Dog, right? I've only ever gotten 1 in all my times running Celadine's tower over 3 separate characters. Ugh. The Dread Legion artifact will probably elude me even longer.

Yeah blink dog ahah , doesn't matter though since the RNG gods apparently hate me -.-
    edited January 2014
    To me, the best thing about this CTA is that the "special" drop is BoE (so can be bought after the event if you're unlucky) and the other special things are all earnable by running the skirmish, at costs that aren't too high or too low (it took my CW probably a dozen runs to get enough medallions for a shiny orb transmute -- it took enough effort to feel like I earned it without having to pour in so many runs that my eyes wanted to die of strain). I feel like the devs really got this one right and I hope all future CTAs are set up similarly.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not sure of the exact number of runs, but i'd say well over 50 before I got mine. First companion drop I've received from
    ANY CTA event. The RNG hates me....
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited January 2014
    4 runs, trying to get another but no luck again
  • lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I got mine on the 3rd run. I have gotten three more since but I spread out my farming it seems to work for me.
    edited January 2014
    I got enough coins (or whatever) to buy one of the refining chests. I received, and this is no joke, a rank 3 enchantment and a peridot. The same rewards I can pull out of a skill node. At which point I said "screw this event". They need to make the rewards not feel like people have been screwed. A more reasonable reward structure would have been 1 enchant AND 1 refining gem (peridot or aquamarine) AND 1 mark of potency (random on the rarity).

The CTA events have really been a fail for me since I always end up just buying the companion. It's a lot less hassle in the long run.
  • chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dude, i opened 20 of em not getting a single periodot, only rank 3's and a lesser mark
    edited January 2014
    I started to buy one of those, then stopped and thought, "wait a minute, why am I spending limited-time special event currency to have a chance at getting stuff that I can get through normal gameplay anytime, anyway?" Then I bought a snazzy transmute bow for my HR instead. I have no regrets.
  • kurisantonkurisanton Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2014
    I finished a stack with over 1000 Marks today on my GF and still havnt seen the swashbuckler. Ive got no idea how many times Ive run it but thats a little rediculous IMO. However yesterday I decided I wanted the bow on my 39 ranger and got the swash on the second run. That swash got transfered to my main and I havnt seen another one since, but then I havnt really been grinding the CTA this time since leveling brutals is just kind of annoying and the other rewards leave much to be desired.

Maybe its just me but it seems like if you run it 100+ times you should get an achievment with a free companion as a reward. That shouldnt be hard to program and it stop situations like the last CTA where I did it 226 (calculated from the number of dyes and cosmetic weapons I had at the end) times and never saw the mount. Its not like the CTA is there forever so I dont see why some garantee of the reward is unacceptable. Unlike dungeons we cant run these forever till we get our stuff, the time limit goes against that practice

Once again I want to hear what a developers take is on this but thats probably a pipe dream. We never hear from them. We usually dont even know if our concerns are passed on to them
    edited January 2014
    chantola21 wrote: »
    dude, i opened 20 of em not getting a single periodot, only rank 3's and a lesser mark

They are there. Trust me.
  • agentorange9mmagentorange9mm Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I actually got a Greater Mark of Potency from one of the medallion chests you purchase from the tiefling before getting a Companion. But I finally got my first Swashbuckler after 50 plus runs I'd hazard.
  • korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    60-70 runs my GWF no swashbuckler:(
    5 dyepacks,3 5lvl brutal..rest junk.
  • frozenflame22frozenflame22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 56
    edited January 2014
    2047 Medallions
    27 Dye Kits
    7 Rank 5 Brutal Enchantments
    25 Rank 4 Brutal Enchantments
    53 Rank 3 Brutal Enchantments

No Swashbuckler.

Edit: The next morning, I got the Swashbucker on the 4th run. Now I am finally DONE with this CTA.
  • lmzyroxlmzyrox Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2014
    I've run that instance going on 55 times now :l nothing, not one sign