test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Tip] Cheapest way to get levels on your Artifact

ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
For those of you who want to be smart about refining your new artifacts and who are looking for what is the best AD:RP value, this is something you will want to look into if it's unknown to you at the present time.

Currently, I believe most people's favorite way to refine their artifacts (not counting buying keys for 5K AD on the particular day you can farm Marks for your specific artifact) is by using Rank 5s or buying Greater Marks for their specific artifact type, specially if you get them at a decent price, as they offer the best AD:RP value ratio. But there is something that beats the hell out of these but unfortunately it is limited in its capacity to be repeated. What does it involve?

You may be sick of Sharandar like me if you had to do it on multiple characters, but this tip involves farming Sharandar again. Still, it is very much worth doing. If you use your Arcane Reservoir quest, you can get Sparks which will allow you to forge a Lesser Fey Blessing enchantment. It is located in the top left of the Sharandar Campaign window (click on the flag in your UI). You also need to have farmed the daily quests, each one of them once as requirement. This enchantment will give you some 26,000 RPs or so. That is a lot of RP. Since you avoid the price of a Coal ward to create a Lesser enchantment by using the Campaign system, it only comes at a price of 20,000 AD and 6 gold. As you can easily see, this is more RP per AD than AD per RP, unlike the previous, less profitable enchants/marks. (Note: this only applies to Artifacts of Power and of Union. The current price of the Greater marks of Stability are extremely cheap, also offering great RP:AD value.)

If you do the daily Sharandar Battle quest which is extremely easy and fast to do, you will get 10 sparks every day. You can also get more sparks with your 6/7 invocation coins. If you have multiple characters, you will get more Arcane Reservoir quests, resulting in a lot of Sparks to make your Fey Blessing enchants which can be transferred to the account you want to refine your Artifacts on.

Hope this helps!

- Laure
Post edited by ciopenhauer on

Comments

• Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Great tip! Thank you, kind sir. I was not aware of this.
  • Options
    haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Even though they only cost 20,000 AD to make, keep in mind the Lesser Fey Blessing Enchantments sell for 75,000+ on the AH.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    haelra wrote: »
    Even though they only cost 20,000 AD to make, keep in mind the Lesser Fey Blessing Enchantments sell for 75,000+ on the AH.

Still more cost-effective than any other RP generator methinks. I think the Black Opal (15k RPs) typically sells for like 70k on the AH. And that 5k RP item in wondrous bazaar is like 30k.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    haelra wrote: »

Yes, this was also considered by me when I decided to use it to refine my Artifact. Keep in mind that this is about refinement value. You would be using the AD you gain from selling it to refine your artifacts and might gain less value from it depending on market prices. In the case of Union, you would always be losing, since they sell for over 15k. If you sell the Lesser Fey for say 75k (-10% fee) leaving you with 67.5k AD, you can purchase 6 Greater Marks of Power at 10k (current prices). That would give you 6 x 3750 RPs = 22,500, which is less than the Fey's 26k. If you sell the Fey for 80k and you buy the Marks at less than 10k, then it's slightly better (and the Rank 5 Enchant equivalent of that would be around 3,400-3,500 AD.) But you run the risk of not selling at that price, and you have to wait. It's up to you to see which option is best at any given time. My guess is that once people start realizing this, it will always be better to refine it since there will be more on the AH.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Great tips thanks!
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Or, if you're not in a hurry to power your artifacts up, the Lesser Fey Blessing is still a great option to have slotted, so that you can receive more rank 4 enchants (radiant, azure, dark, and silvery. I don't think it drops any of the companion ones) which in turn you can use to boost your artifacts as well as the enchants you already have slotted.

I can't argue against the OP, though. That method is definitely air tight. It's obtaining the Marks of ... that are generally the more pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> situation here, so sometimes it doesn't pay to rush =P.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've been doing this myself. Current prices make it an ideal way to do so as OP stated. Personally I'd always use them primarily to make yourself a set of fey blessing gear to gather r4's, these stack up really quick and in the long run the x-12% fey blessings yo'ur running dailies on will far outweigh the RP you would have gained for those X aount of fey blessings.

Obviously once you have a set of gear for fey blessings then any others can be used for RP.
  • Options
    xdeckarxdeckar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thats nice, thx :)
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Since everyone is looking for a way to rank up Artifacts, just wanted to through this out there.

A brand new artifact is valued at 7500 if its the same type. So 24k glory for that Artifact is 7500 RP for any other Power artifact. May not be efficient, but if you have nothing else to spend glory on and you PVP all the time...
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    Since everyone is looking for a way to rank up Artifacts, just wanted to through this out there.

A brand new artifact is valued at 7500 if its the same type. So 24k glory for that Artifact is 7500 RP for any other Power artifact. May not be efficient, but if you have nothing else to spend glory on and you PVP all the time...

We would have to calculate the loss of AD from refining the Epic items gained from glory to have a good idea whether it's worth it or not to do this for 24k glory. What is the best amount of AD one can get with 24k glory salvaged?

Edit: It's about 20k AD. Seems to be very much worth it as well with the current prices. Good tip if we can indeed buy it again. Will have to test that.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    We would have to calculate the loss of AD from refining the Epic items gained from glory to have a good idea whether it's worth it or not to do this for 24k glory. What is the best amount of AD one can get with 24k glory salvaged?

Somewhere around 30k rough, I believe.
  • Options
    cpendletcpendlet Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2013
    Is the artifact you buy with glory bound to the character that buys it?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cpendlet wrote: »
    Is the artifact you buy with glory bound to the character that buys it?

Absolutely. ("yes" was too short)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Edit: It's about 20k AD. Seems to be very much worth it as well with the current prices. Good tip if we can indeed buy it again. Will have to test that.

Yeah, I believe you can buy Trade of Blades gear over and over. Don't see why the artifact would be any different.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I know you can't wear two of the same, so perhaps you can't buy it twice.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2013
    No not at all.

Run the Dread Spire lairs with keys for 5k and use the purple marks for refining your artifacts.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    No not at all.

Run the Dread Spire lairs with keys for 5k and use the purple marks for refining your artifacts.

How many RP do the purples give you?
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    How many RP do the purples give you?

As i saw it was 750 RP. But some mention, that the same type(GMoPower) give the artifact(a Power type one) 5x of this value.
    So it's then 3.750 RP. 1,33 AD/RP.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    As i saw it was 750 RP. But some mention, that the same type(GMoPower) give the artifact(a Power type one) 5x of this value.
    So it's then 3.750 RP. 1,33 AD/RP.

Ah, that sounds right as the green stones are 500, but 2500 for the same type (power/union/stability)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    No not at all.

I was hoping by now everyone knew about that and was doing it... but I've added a note to the OP to be clear. This thread was already assuming this was being done, but if you want to refine them faster, you want to do more than just that. You can only do this 3 times per week for your particular Artifact, if you were not aware: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dread_Spire_Treasure_Trove/Tooltip
    Today, for instance, is not a day where you can get the Greater Mark of Power from Dread Spire. If you are counting solely on that for refining, then 4 days out of 7 you will not get it. On such a day, getting 26K from a Fey Blessing is pretty nice.

This also means that the market gets flooded with cheaper ones on those days, and they can be worth buying at the same time as you are doing your runs for 5K AD. It's pretty time consuming to run this since you also have to farm the Dread Legion skirmish to get more scrolls to buy keys. My 3 Artifacts are high level Epics from doing this whenever possible + purchasing cheap + doing the Lesser Fey thing.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Bumping to let you guys know that I did test the previously discussed Bloodskull refining tip. It does work. 7500 RP if you put it inside an artifact of power, and only 1500 in another type.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just feed Rank 3's and 4's into it. Is that wrong?
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    I just feed Rank 3's and 4's into it. Is that wrong?

It's not wrong, but using said Fey enchants (which is not exactly cheap but mmyeah) gives you a lot of RPs compared to the slllloooowwww growing up with these lesser ranks.

BTW thanks for the tip, I had 7 or 8 Lesser Fey enchants in bank from just running Sharandar, I intended to make a few normal ones, but decided to feed them into my lantern and now it's level 60 something epic :) Considering those enchants are 60K on AH and I'm poor these days, this was a pretty huge investment though :(
  • Options
    badblokebadbloke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is there a screen shot map of the best way to level artifacts? Also if I used the same artifact, but at lvl 1 to refine, would that just be a waste of an artifact or would that actually boost it pretty well? Just starting to try and figured out artifacts and need some advice.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yesterday one of my henchmen found his second Eye of Lathander in a coffer.

Shall I feed that as it is to the already partially filled old Eye, or shall I upgrade it to blue before using it in the "original" Eye?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    howdyyeowhowdyyeow Member Posts: 53
    edited January 2014
    badbloke wrote: »
    Is there a screen shot map of the best way to level artifacts? Also if I used the same artifact, but at lvl 1 to refine, would that just be a waste of an artifact or would that actually boost it pretty well? Just starting to try and figured out artifacts and need some advice.

Idk about your first question.

It does not have to be the same Artifact, but the same type to get the 5x bonus RP (i.e Power, Union, Stability).

The RP it gives gets higher depending on the Artifact rank, so it's better to use at higher ranks.

Rank 59 is a good rank to use it IMO.
  • Options
    thegreeblerthegreebler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    For those of you who want to be smart about refining your new artifacts and who are looking for what is the best AD:RP value, this is something you will want to look into if it's unknown to you at the present time.

Currently, I believe most people's favorite way to refine their artifacts (not counting buying keys for 5K AD on the particular day you can farm Marks for your specific artifact) is by using Rank 5s or buying Greater Marks for their specific artifact type, specially if you get them at a decent price, as they offer the best AD:RP value ratio. But there is something that beats the hell out of these but unfortunately it is limited in its capacity to be repeated. What does it involve?

You may be sick of Sharandar like me if you had to do it on multiple characters, but this tip involves farming Sharandar again. Still, it is very much worth doing. If you use your Arcane Reservoir quest, you can get Sparks which will allow you to forge a Lesser Fey Blessing enchantment. It is located in the top left of the Sharandar Campaign window (click on the flag in your UI). You also need to have farmed the daily quests, each one of them once as requirement. This enchantment will give you some 26,000 RPs or so. That is a lot of RP. Since you avoid the price of a Coal ward to create a Lesser enchantment by using the Campaign system, it only comes at a price of 20,000 AD and 6 gold. As you can easily see, this is more RP per AD than AD per RP, unlike the previous, less profitable enchants/marks. (Note: this only applies to Artifacts of Power and of Union. The current price of the Greater marks of Stability are extremely cheap, also offering great RP:AD value.)

If you do the daily Sharandar Battle quest which is extremely easy and fast to do, you will get 10 sparks every day. You can also get more sparks with your 6/7 invocation coins. If you have multiple characters, you will get more Arcane Reservoir quests, resulting in a lot of Sparks to make your Fey Blessing enchants which can be transferred to the account you want to refine your Artifacts on.

Hope this helps!

- Laure

I love the tips as they look like they will save us tons.

But so many of the things you say may as well be in french - I dont understand half of what you speak on. Less than half...
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sorrry if someone pinted this out already but you can sell the feys for about 40K AD. So the real question is wether you can buy more RP for 40 than you can get out of the 20K you put in to get the Fey. My math says save those celestials for coffers and run Res and Cel for a couple Fey a week.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Sorrry if someone pinted this out already but you can sell the feys for about 40K AD. So the real question is wether you can buy more RP for 40 than you can get out of the 20K you put in to get the Fey. My math says save those celestials for coffers and run Res and Cel for a couple Fey a week.

Coffers have a REALLY low drop rate for Coal, and fairly poor for Pres wards after the update.