test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CtA: Storming the Keep temporarily disabled (server maintenance ; Complete!)

Comments

• ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you! :)
  • darminiondarminion Member Posts: 35
    edited January 2014
    dethsdezyn wrote: »
    Paula told me it was cuz opposites attract.

;)

But do you know if it's fiction, just or a natural fact?
  • arcanevainarcanevain Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Teleporting like a madman was awesome. Kind of enjoyed the extra challenge.
  • grantb2kgrantb2k Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It was a challenge to say the least, but your work is appreciated by this player. I promised myself I would do CTA until I got a companion.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dethsdezyn wrote: »
    Paula told me it was cuz opposites attract.

;)

i see what you did there.

i think it was because the world moose was flexing its muscles. :eek:
  • davidfoxfire1davidfoxfire1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »

Perfect World would like to announce that the programmers hired to continue the Call to Arms event after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked. The Call to Arms event have been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute. Cue the flying llamas.
    David Foxfire of Foxfire Studios
    http://foxfirestudios.net
  • dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

The bellow was heard throughout all the land.
    :D
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You mean its mooscles?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Perfect World would like to announce that the programmers hired to continue the Call to Arms event after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked. The Call to Arms event have been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute. Cue the flying llamas.

Monty Python Adaptation?

Cat-Gives-High-Five-on-Couch.gif
    contents to be decided
  • netrunnnnrnetrunnnnr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was lagging but not really that bad.. Thank you for fixing the issue tho :)
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Developers make the event spend hours and hours to give us fun and sometimes even leaving their families aside - it's their job - but always comes a "haters" with many arguments, want to destroy what will ever make! Life is so not everything always goes right but the important thing is always to continue, congratulations Cryptic continue to provide us hours of fun and **** haters.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . . We're progressing through resolving the issues and hope to have more information soon on when the CTA will be brought back up. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and hope to have everything returning to normal as soon as possible! Thank you for your patience.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What's this "we" stuff? Are you now a Cryptic employee? Per Sominators thread on the community mods, community mods are not employees and do not have any special access or tools other than mod tools. Like another mods sig says "my opinions and views neither reflect nor represent those of PWE or Cryptic".
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    What's this "we" stuff? Are you now a Cryptic employee? Per Sominators thread on the community mods, community mods are not employees and do not have any special access or tools other than mod tools. Like another mods sig says "my opinions and views neither reflect nor represent those of PWE or Cryptic".
    . . .I am speaking for the Community Team, which consists of the Moderators and Sominator. That was a message I was given to pass along, as I am a Community Team member working to help convey the work being done. Moderators are not paid employees but we are a part of the Staff none-the-less. My opinions and views have nothing to do with pertinent messages I am given to convey and represent. The distinction between opinions, personal views, and statements of work assessments should be pretty clear to distinguish between. If ever they are not, just send us a Private Message, as such things really aren't a topic for forum discussion. Thanks!
  • lemartes99lemartes99 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Wow, thats pretty rude, and adds nothing to the thread or the issue.

To the mods, thanks for Update, it's appreciated.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . .I am speaking for the Community Team, which consists of the Moderators and Sominator. That was a message I was given to pass along, as I am a Community Team member working to help convey the work being done. Moderators are not paid employees but we are a part of the Staff none-the-less. My opinions and views have nothing to do with pertinent messages I am given to convey and represent. The distinction between opinions, personal views, and statements of work assessments should be pretty clear to distinguish between. If ever they are not, just send us a Private Message, as such things really aren't a topic for forum discussion. Thanks!
    Brilliant response.

Thank you for the update as I, and I am sure many other members, appreciate the effort! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • wildweedswildweeds Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    maybe start the event a day after you do the patch?
  • dravenrosedravenrose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    perhaps but how many cta's is this now? figured they would know the lag issues would be there, expecially having this issue with the previous ones. and 6hr maintenance is pritty bad something must of gone really wrong.
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Previous CTA events had a little lag, but nothing like this. Something was obviously messed up in this one that was not messed up in the previous CTAs.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, very bad. The 5th time I went into it, I was barely able to get my cleric out of divine mode, because of the lag. So there was definitely something that had to be fixed.
    edited January 2014
    what we know is the team is still working on this issue. sometimes, stuff happens. it is the nature of technology. exactly what happened, we can only speculate. chances are, we won't get a detailed analysis. but i'm hoping that whatever it is, it'll be resolved soon. either way, they've already stated they'll extend the event because of this issue. they're a dedicated team, they were on it as soon as they knew about it and i don't think we can ask for more than that. :)
  • dravenrosedravenrose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    right thats for sure, either way im sure their working hard to resolve the issue. this long in idk if its going to be up tonite tho :(
  • golddragon13golddragon13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the info!
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And so long as they fix the other issue this patch brought, it will be good too. It is with the "necromancy journals" in the graveyard. The one near to the Clockwork Guild Tomb is either not there or buried in the wall after the patch.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    :)
    Jawbone as your avatar?

*shivers*

That is one disturbingly ugly creation! lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • skandrann0nskandrann0n Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How about... everyone be happy that the game itself is up while they fix this part :)
  • progninjaprogninja Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have a question:
    will the servers be brought down again to fix the issue or will it be a live patch?
    oh and thanks for bringing new content!
  • friskykat45friskykat45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    what we know is the team is still working on this issue. sometimes, stuff happens. it is the nature of technology. exactly what happened, we can only speculate. chances are, we won't get a detailed analysis. but i'm hoping that whatever it is, it'll be resolved soon. either way, they've already stated they'll extend the event because of this issue. they're a dedicated team, they were on it as soon as they knew about it and i don't think we can ask for more than that. :)

ironically in the words of James Wyatt "We live on the edge of the furture, and tomorrow everything will work perfectly but we're just not there yet."

Thank you for the hard work you guys do. I know the devs would like to end their day and go home to their families. But a BIG thank you to them for staying and try to give us the best game they can.
    edited January 2014
    shard should be coming down for quick maintenance in about half an hour to fix the CtA issue.
    edited January 2014
    awwww awsome comment frisky
This discussion has been closed.