Install Arc
Options

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• Options
    sadorsador Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So a Monk or a Berserker.

I dunno, I like the idea of a summoner mage. Bigby's spell family would be a welcome addition.
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    man i want completely out of blue and wants cryptic to surprise us with a completely new class.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Scourge Warlock is what it will more than likely be.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its all but a given that the next class is Warlock. The hints and dev chat on it has been less then subtle. Druid has been hinted to follow after.

Beyond that is anyones guess. But we are looking at 6 months before we even get to that point. So its fair to say, that even Cryptic hasnt yet planned that far ahead. So any speculation on what will follow druid is a tad premature.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Warlock items dropped during beta for a time , and it's class sigil and even one of it's paragon path name Hellbringer exist within the client so I'd guess Scourge Warlock.

Probable Class sigil (subject to change ) .
    scourgewarlocksigil_zps0f5e9192.png

Boots of the Shadowmancer ( Warlock items dropped by accident for a while during beta ).
    warlockboots_zpsba5f0657.jpg
  • Options
    sadorsador Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If Cryptic hasn't planned that far ahead, they need to get out of the MMO business. In fact, it's probably safe to say they have the next year planned at least, and a general outline beyond that.
  • Options
    darwinsdogdarwinsdog Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think a paladin would fit into the current mix. A melee healer could be very fun. Currently you have 2RDPS, 2MPDS, one tank and one healer.

Unless they can figure out how to make a ranged tank...
  • Options
    stuntman06stuntman06 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm hoping for the warlord. I really liked the class in 4E, but never got a chance to play one.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A true fighter DD would be awesome. Maybe a barbarian, with 2 swords/axes and cloth/leather armors.

• Options
    munedarmunedar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Most likely the Scourge Warlock. It was supposedly relatively complete in beta and even had quite a few items in game for it, so if it wouldn't be difficult to tweak it and finish it.

This would would fit the earlier statement of "We already have one class beyond the Hunter that's almost, I'd say 50 to 60 percent done, so that will be our next one.”. And this is not the druid as Andy also stated: "I can imagine the Druid will probably be, if not the next one that we start next, it will probably be soon, because just about everyone when they say, 'What about new classes, like the Ranger or Druid?' Those are the two they always talk about."

As it stands, everything is just pointing to the SW. It would give two melee strikers (TR, GWF) and two ranged strikers (HR, SW) to the game.

So if they're following the pattern they appear to be. I imagine they'll release the druid as a controller using animal form(s) to go alongside the CW after the SW. And then follow that with a leader and a defender of some variety.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alderonthemasteralderonthemaster Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Druid ... Who pulls aside the warlock forget that the game already has an excess of DPS and that DC is a class that does not have the concept needed to balance the account of PVE queue in terms of healer.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Druid ... Who pulls aside the warlock forget that the game already has an excess of DPS and that DC is a class that does not have the concept needed to balance the account of PVE queue in terms of healer.

Druids are controllers in 4th edition. While they have some healing ability it is far from their main function. If you want another healer class, the best bet is to ask for warlord, bard, or battle cleric.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014

They have already confirmed they haven't even started Druid yet , the next class is 50%-60% done then Druid will be if not the next one they start after that then it'll be soon .
    "We already have one class beyond the Hunter that's almost, I'd say 50 to 60 percent done, so that will be our next one,"
    "I can imagine the Druid will probably be, if not the next one that we start next, it will probably be soon"

Source - http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/28/5028776/neverwinters-next-expansion-adds-hunter-class-paragon-paths-and-more
  • Options
    silver44swordsilver44sword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There is plenty of options for the next new class, but in reality the best and most logical choices are either the bard, the druid, the runepriest or the psion.

Actually I'm hoping for either the runepriest or the druid. As both are unique and offer variations from the other current slated classes available to play. We already have melee weapon ranges covered; although the idea of a paladin would be nice even if we do have the GWF/GF classes that are similar; so variant opts such as a runepriest which is not un similar to LOTRO's rune keeper which was awesome to say the least would def. offer a broader field of party play choices and put a healthy smile on my face.
    The druid hands down is another guaranteed excellent class choice as it would provide a fresh coat of paint to the arcane surface of NWO's magic user implemented content and the shape changing as seen and played in DDO was fun beyond compare.

Still remember the dance emotes for my DDO druid's bear form....LOL hilarious!!

The psion is a much lauded class that offers extremely unique portions to the palate of any adventurer, but is it really a good choice for the premises of NWO? IDK.......
  • Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I believe one if the devs mentioned a while back that warlock was next on the list of additions, with druid right behind that. Maybe if someone has the post they could link it for us ...?
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    elminster wrote: »
    I believe one if the devs mentioned a while back that warlock was next on the list of additions, with druid right behind that. Maybe if someone has the post they could link it for us ...?

Scourge Warlock -> Druid.

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/28/5028776/neverwinters-next-expansion-adds-hunter-class-paragon-paths-and-more

"We already have one class beyond the Hunter that's almost, I'd say 50 to 60 percent done, so that will be our next one," Velasquez said. "But ... we're staggering development on those, so that's always going to be the cadence we want to do. As the Hunter Ranger gets close to being released, then we'll be working on the next one. Once that one gets close to release, there will be the one following.

""I can imagine the Druid will probably be, if not the next one that we start next, it will probably be soon...""

"In terms of which class we're doing, it's a combination of what we find interesting and what the players want. The Hunter Ranger was easy, because internally we all wanted it, and the fans wanted it as well. We went through a lot of Wizards of the Coast player data, who had metrics on when players make characters in D&D, what race, class and gender combinations do they make. We compared that with the list of classes we had at launch, and what we're planning to do, and all seven were in the top 10, so we felt comfortable about that, and we'll probably continue to look at that list."

When asked which classes from that list they're considering, Velasquez let slip one type that "gets mentioned a lot."

"I can imagine the Druid will probably be, if not the next one that we start next, it will probably be soon, because just about everyone when they say, 'What about new classes, like the Ranger or Druid?' Those are the two they always talk about."
  • Options
    dongargondongargon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The barbarian class should've been implemented in the game from the very beginning. We get to have a class that can dual wield and use 2 handed weapons piling on the crits and getting stronger the more close to death it is. The identity crisis of the GWF in which direction the Devs want to focus with the class in it been a Striker or Defender would've not been a problem with a Barbarian class since its primary focus is to dps and tanking is secondary.

Most people are drawn to the Fighter sub class because it use 2 handed weapons but not knowing its primary focus is tanking and dps secondary. The GWF should've been implemented later on in the game for ppl who wanted a different variation on the fighter class.
  • Options
    vch1970vch1970 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would love it if they would add barbarians.
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Every single class should have been included from the start, depending on who you ask. Some want a barbarian, some want a druid, some want a better healer, some want this, some want that. What's the point in all these "I want (insert class of your choice)!" anyway?
  • Options
    dongargondongargon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ladymythos wrote: »
    Every single class should have been included from the start, depending on who you ask. Some want a barbarian, some want a druid, some want a better healer, some want this, some want that. What's the point in all these "I want (insert class of your choice)!" anyway?

I only state this opinion base on what they did with the paragon paths for the Fighter sub classes by giving them each other paragon. It would have been better we had distinct melee class that did dps by using 2 handed weapons.
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    dongargon wrote: »
    I only state this opinion base on what they did with the paragon paths for the Fighter sub classes by giving them each other paragon. It would have been better we had distinct melee class that did dps by using 2 handed weapons.

Yeah, that's a great weapon fighter........
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Edit: -Scratch that-

Apparently to the D&D wiki the barbarian is a Two handed NATURE class. (Otherwise known as a Primal class) So there may be hope for Barbarians yet since they just started working on the nature classes.

Druid may be next in line but, I'm assuming the Barbarian will be the Nature based Tank or Striker class.

http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Barbarian
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    duthgar1976duthgar1976 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Barbarian was implimented into the game it is now called the GWF. Same goes for the Paladin and it became the GF. cant always get what you want no matter what game you go to.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Meh... I guess they could have. Lighter armor, increase the damage, change their skill to nature from dungeoneering, rename some of the powers and change animations.

But then people would be here wanting a great weapon fighter.

Me? I want to see a paladin, warlord, sorcerer, and a battle cleric for sure. Heck, I wouldn't mind a bard, either. But we know what is coming next, and then we know what is after that, and it ain't any of those (or a barbarian).
  • Options
    paladmethiuspaladmethius Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited January 2014
    The Barbarian was implimented into the game it is now called the GWF. Same goes for the Paladin and it became the GF. cant always get what you want no matter what game you go to.

Nope, I will not accept this answer. If this is the garbage 4 edition brought up, then it was the worst thing to happen to dnd.

Paladin is NOT GF, no more then barbarian is GWF.

Paladin-holy warrior sword and shield+ minor healing

Barbarian- leather armor weilding furious fighter who lacks subtlety, mix of fighter and ranger.

GWF- dude with a two handed sword
    GF- dude with a sword and shield.

And yeah every single class should have been added at launch. Barbarian, paladin, rogue, cleric, thief, ranger, druid, wizard, and sorcerer.
    This forum set up is absolutely horrible, I cant even figure out how to get my knight of the feywild title.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The GWF however in playstyle feels like a barbarian. Naming it a barbarian and tweaking a few things would have been much better.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Most people are drawn to the Fighter sub class because it use 2 handed weapons but not knowing its primary focus is tanking and dps secondary.
    um what? /10char
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have heard rumours about the next race being a Dragonborn and the next class being druid. I have an empty character slot waiting for the new race/class and can't wait to fill it. What do you guys think the new race/class will be? A druid sounds really cool, or a paladin; both being hybrids similar to the hunter ranger (which I love). As for races; perhaps a lycanthrope? Half-drow? Aesimar? I would mention vampires, but it would look rather odd for one to be walking in daylight :D and Graveborn makes me think of WoW...
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I want a paladin. Its why I settled for GWF when I started. And can our choice of gods mean something? (proc?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The general belief is that Warlock will come before Druid.

There has been zero word, at all, about new races. Im sure more are coming eventually, but dont expect to see any new ones anytime soon. And I dont expect we will ever see Dragonborn added at all. Or any other beast type race. The number of clipping issues on just the basic humanoid races will only get far worse on any race different from that. Requiring extensive tweaking for each and every visible item mesh. Or complete new meshes.
This discussion has been closed.