test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arcgames.com and new Arc client now in Beta!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in News & Announcements
We're pleased to announce that the new Arc website, Arcgames.com, and client are now in Public Beta!

It's a very exciting moment for us – we've been working on the site for the past several months and this will be our first opportunity to share it with everyone.

Click here for all of the details: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1075391
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Finally. I have been waiting for this. I have been running the ARC launcher since it was first announced and linked to before it was needed to be used to download NW
  • cellanoid#1655 cellanoid Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I cannot support ARC. It runs in the background why? Posters on STO Forums have said that even though they have selected not to have stuff sent, ARC sends it anyway.

Thanks, but no thanks.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've been running on ARC since the day it was first available.

QUESTION: Do I need to download this new "public beta" or will the version I already have be auto-updated or something?

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermindit - my excitement had me jumping the gun on questions, I see the update instructions in the news announcement. This is awesome! (for the naysayers: don't knock it unless you've tried it. ARC is incredibly light footprint and massively useful, I'm loving' it and I know a lot of other people are, too. If it's not for you then that's fair, but don;t knock it. #justsaying)

Edit 2: I love the new look and the game-time stats are awesome (and funny, too) (Neverwinter: 12 days 15 hours 45 minutes 27 seconds.) Where has my life gone? DamnYouAll! LOL
    edited January 2014
    You have to download the new version and click install, it will then give you the option to upgrade the older version.
  • aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It would be nice to finally be able to add existing games to the ARC client like the downloaded games. That is partly possible with this tool ARC Registry Tool but Neverwinter is not inclueded in the list of possible games.
    edited January 2014
    aethanas wrote: »
    It would be nice to finally be able to add existing games to the ARC client like the downloaded games. That is partly possible with this tool ARC Registry Tool but Neverwinter is not inclueded in the list of possible games.

You can add other games to ARC and you could do this with the original version 1, including non-PWE games and apps. Look under your games list and you will see a clickable button called "Add Games" (to something to that effect) - click it and your explorer window opens to select whatever you want. It's just a launcher. Hell, you can add Microsoft Write or MS Word or whatever to it if you wanted.

If I remember correctly, you can also drag and drop shortcuts or EXE files there to add them also. I have Second Life and MS Flight Simulator in there. ARC makes for a great "Entertainment Shell" the way I use it for myself. And as for all the "ARC is crapware" naysayers: it's not. It's actually quite handy-dandy and incredibly low overhead and footprint. I notice absolutely zero difference in in performance with or without it running. #justsaying
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    http://games.arcgames.com/en/prod/neverwinter vs http://nw.perfectworld.com

Atleast make the starting pages for each game easily reachable sth like nw.arcgames.com
    edited January 2014
    You can add other games to ARC and you could do this with the original version 1, including non-PWE games and apps. Look under your games list and you will see a clickable button called "Add Games" (to something to that effect) - click it and your explorer window opens to select whatever you want. It's just a launcher. Hell, you can add Microsoft Write or MS Word or whatever to it if you wanted.

If I remember correctly, you can also drag and drop shortcuts or EXE files there to add them also. I have Second Life and MS Flight Simulator in there. ARC makes for a great "Entertainment Shell" the way I use it for myself. And as for all the "ARC is crapware" naysayers: it's not. It's actually quite handy-dandy and incredibly low overhead and footprint. I notice absolutely zero difference in in performance with or without it running. #justsaying

I was not clear enough it seems; I am aware of this wannabe solution but it adds only a shortcut without the full functionality: you cannot see news and infos about the games in the Arc client itself (making Arc quite redundant). If it is still not clear enough, just deinstall Arc and install it again and try to add an existing game and you will only see a simple shortcut to the game without any info in the Arc browser window.
    (The linked registry too is able to fix it for many older games.)

The only answer I got so far from PWE was that I should simply re-download the game if I went through the trouble of re-installing my OS; a sensitive answer after my saying that my connection is still a dsl 2000 connection. So, I have to search in the registry by myself after all.
    edited January 2014
    aethanas wrote: »
    I was not clear enough it seems; I am aware of this wannabe solution but it adds only a shortcut without the full functionality: you cannot see news and infos about the games in the Arc client itself (making Arc quite redundant). If it is still not clear enough, just deinstall Arc and install it again and try to add an existing game and you will only see a simple shortcut to the game without any info in the Arc browser window.
    (The linked registry too is able to fix it for many older games.)

The only answer I got so far from PWE was that I should simply re-download the game if I went through the trouble of re-installing my OS; a sensitive answer after my saying that my connection is still a dsl 2000 connection. So, I have to search in the registry by myself after all.

Okay, I get what you're saying: you mean full integration the way PWE games are. I agree with that, it would be awesome if it could do that. :)
    edited January 2014
    Okay, I get what you're saying: you mean full integration the way PWE games are. I agree with that, it would be awesome if it could do that. :)

I only want to integrate PWE games, it would just be good, if they update that registry tool as it does its job pretty good and afterwards everything worked fine. It is a bit meh if some games are fully integrated and others like NW only get a shortcut if not again downloaded after a new install of the OS.
    edited January 2014
    I already sent this in a feedback but for the ARC client itself, videos can't be played as it is saying - The Adobe Flash Player or an HTML5 supported browser is required for video playback. In the website the videos play fine. just the client it doesn't. Other than a few other minor things for the client, I love the new site look.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . . Been running ARC off and on since it was the Core Client. As I've said before, and will say again, it's a great delivery system for PWE Games. With Neverwinter and all Cryptic games, and even some PWE Games, also on Steam, this just adds to the availabilty for Neverwinter and other PWE/Cryptic titles. ARC is light-weight and seems to use even less resources than Steam, which Steam is barely noticable in itself. I like the incorporation of player profiles and the plans for community use. Mostly, I'm looking forward to syncing achievements, characters, and being able to claim Rewards like those found in the CORE Profiles for other PWE Titles.

. . . I currently have Neverwinter installed through Steam and the ARC Client has detected and utilizes my installations for it and other PWE Titles. I really like this, which means I can choose which Community I wish to start Neverwinter from, or even both. I've been running Steam and ARC together and they seem to run flawlessly side-by-side.

. . . The one major issue I have with ARC is that it seems to block my mouse's extra buttons from working. In order for me to use my mouse's extra buttons, I have to shut down the game, shut down ARC and then load the game either through Steam or stand-alone.

. . . I have a Logitech M705 using Setpoint Control Version 6.61.15 and driver version 5.60.73 - which at the time of this post is all up-to-date. So unfortunately, this means that I won't be using ARC until this is resolved.
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . Been running ARC off and on since it was the Core Client. As I've said before, and will say again, it's a great delivery system for PWE Games. With Neverwinter and all Cryptic games, and even some PWE Games, also on Steam, this just adds to the availabilty for Neverwinter and other PWE/Cryptic titles. ARC is light-weight and seems to use even less resources than Steam, which Steam is barely noticable in itself. I like the incorporation of player profiles and the plans for community use. Mostly, I'm looking forward to syncing achievements, characters, and being able to claim Rewards like those found in the CORE Profiles for other PWE Titles.

. . . I currently have Neverwinter installed through Steam and the ARC Client has detected and utilizes my installations for it and other PWE Titles. I really like this, which means I can choose which Community I wish to start Neverwinter from, or even both. I've been running Steam and ARC together and they seem to run flawlessly side-by-side.

. . . The one major issue I have with ARC is that it seems to block my mouse's extra buttons from working. In order for me to use my mouse's extra buttons, I have to shut down the game, shut down ARC and then load the game either through Steam or stand-alone.

. . . I have a Logitech M705 using Setpoint Control Version 6.61.15 and driver version 5.60.73 - which at the time of this post is all up-to-date. So unfortunately, this means that I won't be using ARC until this is resolved.

Hi Zeb,

To clarify 100%, you are reporting that once Arc runs, your additional mouse buttons stop working in all scenarios (i.e. in Windows, in your browser, in your game, etc), then begin working again after Arc is closed? Or, does it only disable your additional mouse buttons for use in Neverwinter?

Thanks for any additional info,

Noel
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hi Zeb,

To clarify 100%, you are reporting that once Arc runs, your additional mouse buttons stop working in all scenarios (i.e. in Windows, in your browser, in your game, etc), then begin working again after Arc is closed? Or, does it only disable your additional mouse buttons for use in Neverwinter?

Noel

Hey Dez!

I'll poke Zeb about your response to get him to respond when he can.
    I haven't tried Arc yet myself so I am not sure on the specifics of Arc blocking key commands but there have been a number of cases where Arc tampers with input additional input commands beyond just mouse and keyboard input.

XPadder and Arc seem to have comparability issues. Players who install Arc suddenly find Xpadder stops functioning while using Arc Games. It seems some players have found running Xpadder in Admin mode resolvers the issue but this is not a 100% solution from what I have heard.

I am sorry I don't have a lot of specific information as this is all relayed information rather than personal experience but I know multiple people personally who stopped playing because of this issue since for a period of time they were unable to use anything but Arc to launch the game.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hi Zeb,

Noel
    . . .It only blocks it when I have the client loaded after pressing Play on the Arc Client. I loaded ARC and then loaded Google Chrome and my custom settings for Chrome worked just fine. I then pressed Play for Neverwinter in the ARC Client and upon logging into the game, my extra mouse buttons stopped working.

. . .However, if I have ARC running and then I navigate to my installation directory and load the game manually (Neverwinter.exe launcher) and sign in, my extra mouse button work just fine, as well they work just fine when loading the game through Steam with ARC running.

. . .It seems to only block my extra mouse buttons when I actually click Play for Neverwinter on the ARC Client game list.
    edited January 2014
    You need to click your name and it will then have a drop down menu.
  • anteonanteon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    i got the companion but not the rest of the stuff
    Wayfarer's XP Booster
    5x Rank 4 Enchantments
    3x Refining Stones
    5x Injury Kit (based on your level)
    5x Healing Potion (based on your level)
    sorry for grammar spelling punctuation but i am dyslexic i do my best sorry if it offends you
    edited January 2014
    You get that stuff also from the rewards claim vendor. It is in the Neverwinter Vanguard Pack. But know this, if you pick that up on another character on your account, you can not get it again on another character as it is only available once unlike the companion which is account wide
  • anteonanteon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    yeah i was about to edit my post didnt see it in the other window lol

oh **** i didnt know that if i had known that i would have got it on a main toon
    sorry for grammar spelling punctuation but i am dyslexic i do my best sorry if it offends you
    edited January 2014
    It is ok as the only real good thing from the bag is the XP Booster and that is account bound. The other stuff is like the normal stuff you can find or buy.
  • tholthertholther Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Where/how do I redeem the code? Can anyone tell me how to get the gifts? I just clicked the "Install Arc Client", download it and started to play but nothing happened and I dont see any place where to put the redeem code.
  • darthdomdarthdom Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tholther wrote: »
    Where/how do I redeem the code? Can anyone tell me how to get the gifts? I just clicked the "Install Arc Client", download it and started to play but nothing happened and I dont see any place where to put the redeem code.

You should be able to click your name on the Arc Client and there is a Redeem Key section.

However, when I click it I get:
    You do not have any characters on Perfect World. You will need to create a character before you can redeem this key.
    edited January 2014
    darthdom wrote: »
    You should be able to click your name on the Arc Client and there is a Redeem Key section.

You do not have any characters on Perfect World. You will need to create a character before you can redeem this key.

Indeed, I just clicked on my name and got the redeem key section where I put the code. It was accepted but where are the gifts now?
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    NO thank you...
    edited January 2014
    Please, can anyone tell me where I can find the gifts? I redeem the code, was accepted.. and now? where are the gifts? where can I find them?
    I really would appreciate if someone could tell me what to do now?
  • blababirblababir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tholther wrote: »
    Please, can anyone tell me where I can find the gifts? I redeem the code, was accepted.. and now? where are the gifts? where can I find them?
    I really would appreciate if someone could tell me what to do now?

There is reward claims agent in protector's enclave. You can see on map.
    Always, someone,
    somewhere is fighting for you.
    edited January 2014
    blababir wrote: »
    There is reward claims agent in protector's enclave. You can see on map.

Ah I see, thanks!
    edited January 2014
    darthdom wrote: »

. . .Sounds like you're trying to redeem the PWI code. Scroll down and use the Neverwinter code instead. Perfect World (International) is Perfect World Entertainment's (PWE) flagship game.
  • sereenawindsereenawind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I still don't se how I can log in with this ARC. I hit play the game and it takes me to a website that wants me to download the gamer?? what good is that?
    May the Good Lord keep you always in His Loving Arms
    edited January 2014
    I still don't se how I can log in with this ARC. I hit play the game and it takes me to a website that wants me to download the gamer?? what good is that?

My wording seems to not have been appropriate, well, then a second try.

The ARC client as it is now does not have the feature to implement existing games; you are only able to download the game anew. However, there is a tool to solve the problem here but sadly it has got no updates for a long time now and Neverwinter is not supported.
    I guess we have to wait till any of these programs get updated to enable us to implement already downloaded games into ARC the way newly downloaded games get implemented into ARC.