test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sword Coast Adventures stuck in dice roll

2»

Comments

• darkwing26darkwing26 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I tried that and doesnt work, maybe a restar button on the gateway or a button to go back to the map should fix this issues.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    you have had multiple responses, some from community Moderators, As one moderator said devs rarely answer player bug threads they are to buzy fixing the problem. you can put a support ticket in but chances are it will just be fixed one day with no notice.

even if you already tried thing try them again in different order. The key to being a good computer trouble shooter is similar to the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. its funny how some times things wont work till ive cleared cookies 3 times or restarted twice.

Since the devs are probably always working to improve things keep trying. especially after down times.
  • darkwing26darkwing26 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Its game bug, it happens in all my devices and other PCs. Cookies or restarting arent the solution ,I will wait for a fix.
  • cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    So I guess I'm not the only one with this problem then. Anyway, here's my screen for the pile (note that it's a different companion this time):

x214w6.jpg

Bloody annoying, it is.

(I must confess - I can't imagine how the bug fixers could possibly be too busy to take the ten seconds it requires to post "we're aware of the problem; working on a fix"...)
  • manttazzmanttazz Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Tried all workarounds suggested in this thread multiple times, still no luck. I get the same loop when accessing via my phone or a different PC or a different browser. Definitely a bug in the game rather than one from my end. Disappointed at not being able to participate...
  • manttazzmanttazz Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Checked at random yesterday and issue is fixed. I didn't do anything (that I know of) to correct it. Still no response to ticket, just glad I can play sword coast adventures again.
  • cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited January 2014
    Still not fixed for me - where'd you send your ticket? I'm not even sure who I should be talking to about Gateway bugs...
  • ckwatt2ackwatt2a Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I got a response from support a week (!) after I opened my ticket. The generic unhelpful reply telling me to delete cookies, blah blah blah, change browsers, blah blah, re-log.

The issue is still not fixed, two weeks later and I still can't play SCA. Unbelievable.
  • nightelfcrawler4nightelfcrawler4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have this same problem. Have tried all the suggestions, clearing cookies and history, different browsers, on my phone, no go. It's just one character, the rest all work fine for now.

It would be an asset for the devs to add an 'exit' or 'back' button on the roll screen in case this error happens. That way we can abandon the attempt, and go back to the map screen, even if there is a penalty such as failing the roll, this would at least stop the error from locking up the character's progress.

Even if that's a temporary fix until the bug can be identified, that'd be super.
  • pinkazoid13pinkazoid13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sitting with the same situation. Cleared cookies, history etc etc. - and still not able to play...
  • ludorgludorg Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello,

I have the same bug.
    Switching to IE or Firefox (Aurora or Mobile version) didn't change anything.
    Same bug on two PC

The indicated tricks didn't work for me

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/838/a2g9.jpg

:(:(:(

Hope this will be corrected soon...
  • gabrielrivagabrielriva Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ive got the same problem. Tried contacting a GM but that didnt help me either. Not sure what can I do now...it has been like that for like 2 weeks.
  • hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just as the title says
    6jjh.jpg

Get me out of here O_o
    edited January 2014
    You're not the first to have this problem - nor, I suspect, the last. Some of us have been stuck like this for a couple of weeks now. See also:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?563331-Sword-Coast-Adventures-Locked-Looping

and

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?559211-Sword-Coast-Adventures-stuck-in-dice-roll
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hit F5. Works for me always.
  • myles8myles8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well darn. I was hoping to find a solution to this. I've been stuck in the same situation for two days, now. Different browser, different pc, no dice.
  • kerreokerreo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have an even bigger problem, i cant even start SCA because whenever i do, it just shows me the last session and says: "You have been defeated".

I've tried relogging, other browsers, cleaning all history, cookies and cache... nothing works. It always comes back to the same screen and if i click OK it just says something like:
    "Disconnected from Gateway
    There was an internal server error."

Does anyone know a workaround for this?
    edited January 2014
    I have an even bigger problem, i cant even start SCA because whenever i do, it just shows me the last session and says: "You have been defeated".

I've tried relogging, other browsers, cleaning all history, cookies and cache... nothing works. It always comes back to the same screen and if i click OK it just says something like:
    "Disconnected from Gateway
    There was an internal server error."

edited January 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Hit F5. Works for me always.

Then you're not having the same issue.
  • ddlabryddlabry Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same issue experienced:
    - Cleared Cache
    - Logged out and In
    - Changed Characters
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . .I had this briefly and it fixed itself when clicked my Inventory tab on the right and then immediately clicked SCA tab again. When it loaded SCA, it immediately rolled dice for the next move. I doubt this will be a fix for everyone, as it looks like many have already tried steps like this and more.
  • a11eea11ee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hello i am having the same problem across all my devices when i load the sca my game goes into the screen with the dugeon then it show only 2 of my 4 and then says ive been killed and sends me back to tavern and when i press ok it comes with with a internal server error then when i press ok again it logins me out. i have to login and click on log out right away and then then lets me login the main screen but i cannot play sca. i can only craft and stuff :( i open a ticket already but no response on there end either\
  • awooamawooam Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm experiencing same issue here as OP had.
    I've tried every suggested solutions on this article and nothing worked.
    Refresh, relogging, different browser, different PC, different ISP, changing between other tabs, etc.

Also I got my support ticket today telling me to submit a bug report without any solution.
    Hope this problem got solved anytime soon.
  • sarovan001sarovan001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have the exact same issue. Stuck after a roll and tried everything mentioned above.
  • ckwatt2ackwatt2a Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kerreo wrote: »

A different game with better support? Works great.

After a couple of weeks, PW support just told me they can't do anything about it and I should go open a bug ticket (which I kinda thought I did when I opened a support ticket, but apparently it's not the same thing)

Anyway, wasted way too much time and energy on this issue than this game deserves...
    edited January 2014
    ckwatt2a wrote: »
    Anyway, wasted way too much time and energy on this issue than this game deserves...

Yeah, it's such a shame they can't just sort out which of our tickets that should go to tech rather than us having to repost every ticket ourselves.

Although we should not complain, they are doing their job. I'm pretty sure they would do so much more if they only could because this is probably a question about what they can or can't do, a problem with the code.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Problems with stuck SCA should be addressed in Thursday's patch, according to notes from preview.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • pinkazoid13pinkazoid13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Unstuck - at last!!!!!!!!! :D
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . .Closing this as today's patch should have fixed this. If it still occurs, use the ?-mark for an option to unstick. If it still occurs after that, please feel free to make a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.