test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

24ooo - best you can do ...

anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So yes, you guessed right, the number is the limit of rough diamonds you can refine in 24h.

The problem I have is :
- I work on my "general" with 18 heroes and doing tasks that gives 1200-1600 rough diamonds in 6-9h
- 1200-1600 x 9 (slots) x 24/6 = 43200-57600 (just from exploiting -in a god sense- the leadership at it's maximum)
- doing some daily mishs ...
- I remain with an enormous amount of rough diamonds in a permanent "purgatory"

What to do ? What do you all think about it ?
If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
Post edited by anatas07 on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    anatas07 wrote: »
    So yes, you guessed right, the number is the limit of rough diamonds you can refine in 24h.

The problem I have is :
    - I work on my "general" with 18 heroes and doing tasks that gives 1200-1600 rough diamonds in 6-9h
    - 1200-1600 x 9 (slots) x 24/6 = 43200-57600 (just from exploiting -in a god sense- the leadership at it's maximum)
    - doing some daily mishs ...
    - I remain with an enormous amount of rough diamonds in a permanent "purgatory"

What to do ? What do you all think about it ?
    .. . . . Send some of those Heros to an alt(s). Work it out so your only making what you can refine on your characters, pool the AD and reclaim it through the AD Exchange (see "After I claim the Astral Diamonds, can I transfer them to another player?"). By making more than you can refine, you're only doing it to yourself when you could be spreading out what you could make across more characters.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    uhm, slow down a bit? :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    thuldythuldy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You need to do as zebular points out or you are hampering your ROI quite a bit.

At today's market value 18 x Hero = 18 x 200k = 3.6m AD. The best a single character can return is 24k rAD to AD a day meaning 150 days to work off the initial value. If you have invested that much in one character I am guessing you have others at or nearly at level 20 in leadership that should carry their weight. Try to balance your Hero distribution specifically around your login pattern to give exactly 24k consistently across as many characters as possible.

I am sure many people would be happy to have your problem of too many Heros :)
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    At he very least it should be 25,000 each day (not just because my OCD doesn't like 24000) as that is the price of one Blue Mark of Potency or --> 4 toons = 100,000 AD = 1 Purple MoP ... At least that's about the only thing I spend AD on ATM ... Gear drops often enough with the various dungeons and Dailies now, that getting that doesn't require much AD.
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    24k is way to low make it 50k at least since with salavage and a few skirmish those 24k are easy filled.
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited January 2014
    No thanks, increasing the AD refine cap will only cause prices in AH to increase. More AD added to the economy per day is like printing money... never a good thing.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Before anything else, I wanna say that I am having the same problem on my main, I can make over 50k rAD easily in a more active day, However, I think that the refine cap is fine where it is. 25k wouldn't make any difference, but 50k is way too much. Manage your Leadership income a bit better, like zebular said. I know from experience that inflation can destroy a game, and I would really hate to see that happen to Neverwinter.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . .I agree, the refinement cap should not be increased. All that will do is make the rich richer, inflate the auction house, while punishing those who play casually by making it so everything on the Auction House is even more expensive for them to afford. Besides, increasing the cap would just eventually put us right back here asking for another cap increase. The cap is fine, just management of one's AD income is all that is needed.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . .I agree, the refinement cap should not be increased. All that will do is make the rich richer, inflate the auction house, while punishing those who play casually by making it so everything on the Auction House is even more expensive for them to afford. Besides, increasing the cap would just eventually put us right back here asking for another cap increase. The cap is fine, just management of one's AD income is all that is needed.

I generally agree with you, but I do think that a cap of 25,000 AD per day would be a little more reasonable.
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    This type of threads are so fun to read, people fail to understand ull never get rich by aiming to be a refining god, refining is pocket change, if you are getting more AD than you can refine, then you are spending far too much time in the game, the most i got by refining was like 20k at the early lvs, after 60 more than 10k ad i didnt even bother.
    And based on older threads about this issue, they say that other cryptic games have a even more draconic cap.

There is no real point of upgrading the cap, with all the farming bots running rampant and all, you dont think you are the only one with *thousands of unrefined AD*, do you?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Lots of answers here... well decided to wait a bit and ofc sell my "army". Not now ofc, when they are pumping leadership assets in game like crazy :)

Good luck and thanks for impressions everyone.

Morale :
    1.work with man-at-arms, heroes are not worth it :)
    2.do not go with leadership over lvl 12-15, you don't need lvl 20
    3.if somehow one is insane enough to go to lvl 20 leadership (which is a pain), well the best part is you will not need daily mishs anymore for your ad income
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    1000 AD means nothing

It would make the OCD of us happy. 24k is annoying 25k is nice.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »

Then you'd absolutely despise STO's 8k daily limit.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited January 2014

gaaack

/10char
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Anyway, after all I see everyone is happy with this limitation.
    Let me ask, where does your AD come from ? :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Anyway, after all I see everyone is happy with this limitation.
    Let me ask, where does your AD come from ? :)

First I hit the cap, that's essentially your tax money, it goes back to cryptic when you buy something from the ah etc. After that it's selling things from dd's etc. I hit greed runs in GG everytime it's up, I try to hit a DD everytime it's up. I hit every collection node I can and sell the things I don't need. I run events and sell pets on the ah 3 months or so after the event ends. (and supply is way down so we can gouge)
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited January 2014
    gaaack

/10char

Well now you see that's now entirely true. You can increase the refinement cap to 9000 / day for $300US or a payment plain of $15US for 36 months.

(It's the 900 day/lifetime subscriber veteran subscriber reward)
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    Well now you see that's now entirely true. You can increase the refinement cap to 9000 / day for $300US or a payment plain of $15US for 36 months.

(It's the 900 day/lifetime subscriber veteran subscriber reward)

But that wasn't the point of the post. It was the OCD thing about being 24k instead of a "round" 25k. And 9k isn't quite "round" by that standard either.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The devs are programmers - multiples of 8 make perfect sense in that case... :p
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I guess it must annoy the **** out of you that there are 24 hours in a day (and in reality it's not even exactly that).
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited January 2014

24k is a nice round number in Octal (30k)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    So once again I see that 24k is fine, ignoring the off-topic of some of the messages above.

And once again I dare to ask you all : where does your AD come from ?
    Thanks ! Any input is highly appreciated.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So once again I see that 24k is fine, ignoring the off-topic of some of the messages above.

Personally, most of my AD comes from leadership tasks, selling items on the AH, and salvaging items that are bound or that are selling on the AH for less than their salvage value.

Regarding the topic in general, I prefer the refinement cap remain low, so that ADs don't flood the market too quickly, and inflation remains under control.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Eh? 24K -is- fine. Its a limit they set. Its really just something to slow you down. You can make more than 24K a day. You just have to work at it more. Use more characters or make *stuff to sell. Its a speedbump to slow down the rate of AD flowing into the economy.

They're not going to remove it simply because its possible to reach the cap. If it wasn't possible to reach the cap... then the cap wouldn't need to exist. Its serving its purpose whether we like it or not.

*You could have some of those heros churning out refugees. The market fluctuates on them, but they generally sell for over 200AD each. That's over 600AD per task. And its already refined, not counting against your daily limit. Good money if its worth the time to you, at least until the market floods.

As for my AD? Most of mine comes from Leadership. Sometimes when I I'll dabble with other stuff like the AH or the exchange. But my standard supply is all from Leadership.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    esleffesleff Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    .. . . . Send some of those Heros to an alt(s). Work it out so your only making what you can refine on your characters, pool the AD and reclaim it through the AD Exchange (see "After I claim the Astral Diamonds, can I transfer them to another player?"). By making more than you can refine, you're only doing it to yourself when you could be spreading out what you could make across more characters.

Wow for once a community Mod gave their personal opinion when it was asked and gave a good reply.

As Zeb says spread your heroes around add in footman or higher ranks to equal 24k a day per character so you actually generate more per day overall. Remember that is 24k per day per character.

Now as to salvage THAt definately needs to put out refined AD as if it was sellable gear you would get refined AD in return for it from the AH.
  • Options
    marcioohmarciooh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited January 2014
    I think the perfect solution is:

1.) Change the items you buy with Astral Diamonds from NPC's to Rough Astral Diamonds
    2.) Only need Astral Diamonds to spend on the AH

Don't change anything about exchange rates or caps, I think this would be a perfect solution!

In exchange for this they should make items you buy from NPC's with Rough Astral Diamonds ACCOUNT/CHARACTER BOUND! This way you prevent people selling those items on the AH and exchange them for Astral Diamonds.

I'd say: GO FOR THIS SOLUTION! There is nothing negative about it and doesn't influence the economy in a negative matter. And additionally: we finally get rid of those greed players who think they can buy items at NPC for Astral Diamonds and try to sell it on AH for same price + an additional +10,01% or more on top of it to people who don't know it's available for them at the NPC (as people did with blue mark of potency right after patch)!
    "Every online game requires more to give than it offers or it's not worth actually playing. Even though we all know this we still decide to play anyway."

:cool:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well I see something nice coming out of this and I live with the hope that this discussion will make game to be improved.
    Btw, nice ideas marciooh

For all that are saying to spread them around let me clarify something :)
    - the tasks that are giving like 1200-1600 rAD are very high level tasks ("ok is normal")
    - I have only 2 generals , rest of alts are low levels in leadership ("ok you may level them")
    - true, but to level leadership was hard enough prior to nerfing it ... now to level leadership is insane ("so what, go for it")
    - I'm going for it (leveling alts in leadership), but is all about the ideea of having a CAP :)

Off-topic : i wonder what will it be if the runes / enchantments will have no cap in refining (ofc the refining levels needs to be exponentially growing in matter of refining points you need to upgrade). Would be nice to see some lvl 15 .. 20 or even bigger enchantments / runes ... (ok I promise I will not smoke again -rofl-)
  • Options
    chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No thanks, increasing the AD refine cap will only cause prices in AH to increase. More AD added to the economy per day is like printing money... never a good thing.

NO. the botters is enough to destroy any MMO's economy. and they still exist in Neverwinter.