test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update: Companion Bundle and 60% off sale ending early

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Dear adventurers,

We sincerely apologize that the Companion Bundle and 60% off companions sale ended earlier than we advertised. This was due to a scheduling error on our part. However, we do have a plan in place to take care of you.

If you wished to purchase the Companion Bundle before 3pm PST (Pacific) today, 12/30/13, and were not able to, here are the steps you should take so we can assist you:
  • Transfer 12,000 or more ZEN into Neverwinter before 3pm PST (Pacific) on 12/30/13.
  • Send in a ticket to our Support Team and mention that you wanted to purchase a Companion Bundle for Neverwinter before it ended.
  • Specify which character you want the Companion Bundle to be on.
  • Our Support Team will then deduct 12,000 ZEN from your account and manually send you the bundle.

If you wanted to purchase a Zen Market companion before the 60% off sale ended, but were not able to, here is our plan:
  • If you transfer 800 or more ZEN into Neverwinter between 10am and 3pm PST (Pacific) on 12/30/13, we will be sending you an elusive Drow Mercenary Companion which will be claimable for all characters on your account at the Reward Claims Agent in Protector’s Enclave by next week.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused. We wanted to come up with a plan as quickly as possible to remedy this and take care of our players.

Thanks so much,
The Neverwinter Team
Drow Mercenary Companion
ee0f52fc6baa99405cefa8ca347260011388433271.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Does converting AD to ZEN count and then withdrawing it count as transferring to Neverwinter or only Zen that is in the PWE wallet and can be assigned to Neverwinter?

I imagine a lot of folks (including myself) converted a lot of AD to Zen to buy the companions at 60% off but now cannot. Would we be effectively left out of the 2 offers you mentioned as a result?
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited December 2013
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Does converting AD to ZEN count and then withdrawing it count as transferring to Neverwinter or only Zen that is in the PWE wallet and can be assigned to Neverwinter?

I imagine a lot of folks (including myself) converted a lot of AD to Zen to buy the companions at 60% off but now cannot. Would we be effectively left out of the 2 offers you mentioned as a result?

Great question. Only ZEN that is transferred from this page, https://billing.perfectworld.com/mywallet, into Neverwinter will qualify.
  • r3dlinkr3dlink Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why would you not just extend the sale for another day or two?? Would that not make more sense? I'm sure your player base would appreciate that. Think about it.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, that's a bit unfortunate, seeing how I (and probably many others) have exchanged AD to Zen to buy the companions but notice the sale having ended early now.

Any chance the latter offer (transferring 800 Zen) can be extended a bit? Was planning on buying some (new) Zen tomorow morning.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm glad you guys did something to help those who wanted to get the sale, I'm glad I bought the stone a few days ago.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • dataloss1dataloss1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have already met my daily limit of zen i can buy and i had already sent all my zen from my wallet to neverwinter. I would like this drow companion but now i can not get it due to this limitation.

Is there anything i can do so i wont miss out on this companion?
  • manulitarmanulitar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013

=What Id like to know as well?

Would have been nice to have the sale return for sake of people with their zen allready in Newerwinter.
  • tolnortolnor Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    how about this option... i have 1200 zen in my wallet right now that i saved up over christmas.. my christmas present! A Galeb Dhur.

Allow me to buy the pet I wanted to buy at the price it was advertised at instead of forcing me to give you more of my money for a pet I dont want.

The time is now 12:05 and the event ends in 3 hours... can i please buy my christmas present please and not be penalized for going out for the day at christmas!
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited December 2013
    Well, that's a bit unfortunate, seeing how I (and probably many others) have exchanged AD to Zen to buy the companions but notice the sale having ended early now.

Any chance the latter offer (transferring 800 Zen) can be extended a bit? Was planning on buying some (new) Zen tomorow morning.

I don't believe so, but I wish we could. This was the quickest way of extending our gratitude for players who wanted to purchase a companion during our planned sale until 3pm PST today.
  • ravenlock99ravenlock99 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dear adventurers,
    • If you transfer 800 or more ZEN into Neverwinter between 10am and 3pm PST (Pacific) on 12/30/13, we will be sending you an elusive Drow Mercenary Companion which will be claimable for all characters on your account at the Reward Claims Agent in Protector’s Enclave by next week.

But I already transferred the zen I bought for the sale before this was posted. Can I transfer back to wallet and then back to neverwinter again?
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We only need transfer the 800 zen yes? Do we need to then hold on to it, or send in a ticket, or does transferring it automatically qualify us?
    bKHucRu.gif
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sucks that it ended early, but it is nice to see that some people are getting a chance to get the mercenary companion since I know people who wanted it but couldn't get a hold of it. Of course, since I already have the companion, I sadly won't be able to take advantage of the offer.
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So basically a "oh you wanted to buy something on sale other than the bundle, and the sale ended early? Sucks to be you, give us more money and you'll get a crappy green companion instead of what you really wanted." This type of attitude towards paying customers is part of the reason why I don't feel the need to spend any more money on this game.
  • zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Edit: Nvm, someone asked the same question above.
  • rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    I'm getting a "Challenged" message on my zen wallet - if it doesn't resolve in time can I still get the offer?
    r3dlink wrote: »
    Why would you not just extend the sale for another day or two?? Would that not make more sense? I'm sure your player base would appreciate that. Think about it.

Depends on how their sale system is set up.
    -Rajani Isa
  • voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I needed to wait until I got home to day to get a few more companions during the sale but I guess the Drow merc as a perk will probably balance out the savings I would have gotten, especially since unlike Dardove, I failed to acquire one before.
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • alyanna7alyanna7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Between the fact that I just transferred $50 of zen into the game in the last 48 hours, I already have the companion being offered as compensation, & I can't buy the pets I want at the price that was advertized, this is a giant slap in the face from Cryptic/Perfect World to its loyal players. Instead of making excuses & offering a way that we can jump through hoops to get something that you choose, why don't you extend the sale so that we can buy what we want as promised?
    My husband has already stopped buying zen for the game due to past issues, so I guess I'll be joining him now. I'll continue playing the game, but don't expect any more money from us, & I doubt we'll be around much longer if this is the way you're going to treat us.
    (The company should feel free to look at my past purchase history if you want to see how much you're losing with this colossal mistake of yours - and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.)

edited to change a "derogatory phrase" that offended PW less than their derogatory behavior offends me
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm assuming that the Drow Mercenary is a green companion? Really, as I expressed on FB this is kind of upsetting. I'm grateful for the last minute fix (instead of extending it or some such, which I guess would require a maintenance downtime?) but could you please drop some stats / basic information on us? I'm not really happy buying something blindly and I'm not finding an entry for them on the wikia or on the forum with simple searches and cursory glances.
    contents to be decided
  • a8balla8ball Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Giving me something I didn't want doesn't correct anything and isn't a "plan". I still cant get what I wanted because of your mistake and I fail to understand why you just don't turn the sale price back on instead of upsetting your players like you normally do.
  • rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    This is not a bait and switch.

While it would be nice to have the companions on sale again for the price advertised outside of the bundle, it's not a bait and switch.
    -Rajani Isa
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Luckily for me, I got the last 2 companions I was looking to pick up, this morning before the sale ended. Glad to see you guys are trying to do something for players who were affected by the sale ending early though. Good luck. I hope it all gets sorted out.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    I'm assuming that the Drow Mercenary is a green companion? Really, as I expressed on FB this is kind of upsetting. I'm grateful for the last minute fix (instead of extending it or some such, which I guess would require a maintenance downtime?) but could you please drop some stats / basic information on us? I'm not really happy buying something blindly and I'm not finding an entry for them on the wikia or on the forum with simple searches and cursory glances.

Here is the info for the mercenary

They have extended sales that ended early in the past without downtime. Not sure why it is different this time.
  • harkinharkin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I bought alot of Zen to buy companions, i did transfer this on the 29th i think? For the purpose of buying companions, can i get "compensated" somehow aswell? Since i didnt have the time to buy the companion i was going to before the sale got interupted.
    edited December 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Here is the info for the mercenary

They have extended sales that ended early in the past without downtime. Not sure why it is different this time.

Aha. I was searching for "Drow Mercenary" not just Mercenary. Thank you Dardove ^_^.
    contents to be decided
  • ravenlock99ravenlock99 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Since you probably can't extend the sale for technical reasons I am assuming, how about this. Anyone who buys a companion in the next 3 hours pays full price but gets a 60% refund. I am sure refunding is doable.
  • manulitarmanulitar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Besides the disappointement of not getting the companion, also I think this is a very bad solution because people who exchanged a lot or all of their AD to Zen for this sale may now end up loosing AD in the market if they want to exchange it back. And they would still be required to go and buy zen with money to get any compensation? Not good.

Still hoping a different solution could be found, or the sale simply to return.
  • galantdramongalantdramon Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, I shouldn't have waited until the last day, I should have bought all the comp's I wanted immediately.

Transfer in zen, I have thousands already, that I got to purchase companions (although I was going for multiples of stuff, not one of everything).

I already have that companion, he's not what I want more of, why should I get -more- zen, to get a companion I already have? (and he's account wide, so a second of him won't do anything but waste zen)

Please, put the silly sale back up for a day, and let us -know- about it so we can see it on the launcher or something.
    edited December 2013
    Oh, other question.

Will this be a permanent account-wide claim, or just for the characters I have currently?
    contents to be decided
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Doh! I wanted to buy more companions at the cheap... transfered money... saw them not there... and bought greater bags of holding... sigh.
    edited December 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    Oh, other question.

Will this be a permanent account-wide claim, or just for the characters I have currently?

Account wide like all promo companions.
This discussion has been closed.