test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update: Companion Bundle and 60% off sale ending early

Comments

• vadagarkevarinvadagarkevarin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well this sucks. Wanted a Galeb Duhr companion. Just over 2 hours left and the sale finishes early :( Now it's a mercenary or nothing.

Gotta agree with tolnor if they're choosing not to extend the sale.
  • vexrmvexrm Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, I'm not going to write my sob story here, but I got hit with this. I'm wasn't planning on dumping more money into the game at the moment. I wasn't planning to dump any till the sell hit. Going "Nope no more sale" and then offering a perk ONLY IF YOU PAY US MORE isn't good business any which way.

This isn't a fix or an apology. This is an insult. I know your hands are probably completely tied and I'm directing anger at the wrong folks, but try to run it up the flag pole a bit.

Edit: And just realized that there's no time to do anything about this at all. Can't complain fast enough, can't change the code fast enough. There's absolutely nothing that can be done in this short time without them making the sale come back sometime later in the week, but by the time that's announced it's already too late. Horrible position for every one. However, I want to restate the offer of the dark elf companion is an insult. It's the friend willing to move you for free but you pay him fifty cents version of the insult.
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Another thing... I never saw an option to buy the bundle (I intended on getting it). Was it available in the Zen store, or through the site? What was in it?
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Account wide like all promo companions.

That's kind of what I thought. The only zen-transfer promotion I've done was for the sun-mask (didn't get enough for the portal hound companion) and that item has only shown up on the characters I had at the time, not on my newer ones. Many thanks again ^_^.
    contents to be decided
  • bruticus0bruticus0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Disappointed in this treatment as well. Putting a sale back on for five more lousy hours shouldn't break a game like this.

It sounds more like you were losing money and wanted to end it before everyone got back from work today to make their last minute purchases. This "plan" isn't going to give you groves of grateful players. Just angry ones.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    That's kind of what I thought. The only zen-transfer promotion I've done was for the sun-mask (didn't get enough for the portal hound companion) and that item has only shown up on the characters I had at the time, not on my newer ones. Many thanks again ^_^.

Go to reclaim vendor....
    edited December 2013
    Another thing... I never saw an option to buy the bundle (I intended on getting it). Was it available in the Zen store, or through the site? What was in it?

The bundle was avaialable in a weird way. If you scrolled through the opening window, it was at the very end. Else wise it was under the featured tab. It was never listed under the companions tab when I checked it out.
    contents to be decided
    edited December 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Go to reclaim vendor....

I'll check specifically for it tonight. I don't recall seeing it when I went to pick up my HR pack on the new toon, but again, I wasn't looking specifically for it.
    contents to be decided
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The bundle was avaialable in a weird way. If you scrolled through the opening window, it was at the very end. Else wise it was under the featured tab. It was never listed under the companions tab when I checked it out.

Well that's kinda dumb. Do you know what was in it?
  • nattylongnattylong Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The bundle was available at the Zen store and contained all companions from the store as well as enough inactive slots for all of them.
    edited December 2013
    Well that's kinda dumb. Do you know what was in it?

IIRC it was all the Zen-store purchasable companions. The 12k sale was an even deeper discount that if you had purchased them all individually at the 60% mark.
    leihngwei wrote: »
    19 Zen Market companions (2013) = 40,500 Zen. (25,900 Z in 2014)
    60% sale = 24,300 Z
    Companion Bundle (70%) = 12,000 Z

Great deal if it wasn't SINGLE PURCHASE only. :( If only the Bundle was made account-wide like the Guardian/Hero/Knight of the Feywild Packs.
    contents to be decided
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    IIRC it was all the Zen-store purchasable companions. The 12k sale was an even deeper discount that if you had purchased them all individually at the 60% mark, IIRC

Yeah, it's one of everything, plus a bunch of idle slots. The pack is BoP, but the companions are supposed to be BoE. So you could buy it and open it, get a bunch of idle slots on the purchaser, but then distribute the companions as you saw fit.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • alyanna7alyanna7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Am I the only one stuck on the thought that if a retail store did this it would be fraud?
    I know for a fact if Walmart posted a sale "until 6pm EST on 12/30" & ended it 5 hours early, they would be required by law to give customers that price, whether they'd had a "scheduling error" or not.
  • mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    But I already transferred the zen I bought for the sale before this was posted. Can I transfer back to wallet and then back to neverwinter again?
    As far as I've been able to tell, no, you can't.

Which is why that aspect of the proposed solution (transfer Zen then contact support about what you want) doesn't seem equable at all. It means if you already transferred the Zen you bought, that you'd have to buy more Zen to transfer again? Maybe if you send in a ticket and explain, they'll still do it for you. I dunno. :/

Anyway ... in my case I luckily bought most of what I'd wanted earlier, but had Zen left over and went to bed thinking I'd check/rethink when I woke up (I live in the PST). Guess I won't be doing that now.
  • rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    alyanna7 wrote: »
    Am I the only one stuck on the thought that if a retail store did this it would be fraud?
    I know for a fact if Walmart posted a sale "until 6pm EST on 12/30" & ended it 5 hours early, they would be required by law to give customers that price, whether they'd had a "scheduling error" or not.

And heck, now days they might even do that! (I've know of an instance or two where a Wal-Mart manager refused to fix the shelf price and to give the shelf price on an item to a customer).

They should, either through a refund or an actual sale extension, allow us to buy the companions at the sale price.
    -Rajani Isa
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They shouldn't do anything because its a free to play game. They still ran an awesome offer and people had plenty of time to buy. I agree its a bit off that it ended early but it was still a great offer, and companions are CUT permanently in the zen store by a good amount now anyway. Its been good of them over this xmas and i really think people need to get a grip with all this entitlement whining and BS stories about not having time to log in.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    RCW 9.04.010
    False advertising.

Any person, firm, corporation or association who, with intent to sell or in any wise dispose of merchandise, securities, service, or anything offered by such person, firm, corporation or association, directly or indirectly, to the public for sale or distribution, or with intent to increase the consumption thereof, or to induce the public in any manner to enter into any obligation relating thereto, or to acquire title thereto, or an interest therein, makes, publishes, disseminates, circulates, or places before the public, or causes, directly or indirectly, to be made, published, disseminated, circulated, or placed before the public in this state, in a newspaper or other publication, or in the form of a book, notice, hand-bill, poster, bill, circular, pamphlet, or letter, or in any other way, an advertisement of any sort regarding merchandise, securities, service, or anything so offered to the public, which advertisement contains any assertion, representation or statement of fact which is untrue, deceptive or misleading, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor: PROVIDED, That the provisions of this section shall not apply to any owner, publisher, agent, or employee of a newspaper for the publication of such advertisement published in good faith and without knowledge of the falsity thereof.

[1913 c 34

LOL thats from Dad.. He got me $10 more Zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alyanna7alyanna7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    caldannach wrote: »
    They shouldn't do anything because its a free to play game. They still ran an awesome offer and people had plenty of time to buy. I agree its a bit off that it ended early but it was still a great offer, and companions are CUT permanently in the zen store by a good amount now anyway. Its been good of them over this xmas and i really think people need to get a grip with all this entitlement whining and BS stories about not having time to log in.

How is it "entitlement whining" to ask a company to stand by their word? I'm not *****ing that they didn't keep the 60% off permanently, I'm *****ing that their solution to a mistake they made is to ask for more money.

And I personally never said that I wasn't able to log in, but do you honestly believe that no one who plays this game spent time at someone else's house for Christmas? Not all gamers' relatives have computers, or would let someone download a game like NW even if they did. If someone was gone for the week, came home yesterday, saw the sale went through today & decided to wait because they were tired & needed to unpack, they should be punished for believing PW's written word? How is that fair???
  • vexrmvexrm Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    endocin wrote: »
    RCW 9.04.010
    False advertising.

Might not technically apply or worse (for your case) apply to protect Neverwinter. The whole "without knowledge of the falsity therof" at the end is the sticking point. I'm not well versed in these cases, but with a curious glance I'm fairly confident that Cryptic and Neverwinter going "Opps server glitch" is fine.

Having said all that, what they are providing is not good customer service. That's a completely different matter.
    edited December 2013
    yup, misread.
    contents to be decided
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well I was farming alot the last few days to be able to buy ZEN with AD to get some companions. But now I cant do it.

Good way to make people buy ZEN by removing it to early and then offer them this "solution"..

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• utargutarg Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i was just about to purchase a companion at the 60% off for my 2nd character when the sale ended early, then i found this post about the mercenary offer and thought oh well, its no honey badger but ill take it, so i make a payment to pwe for 9.99EU/8.64 GBP and to send the zen to neverwinter and qualify for the Drow offer, but instead, the payment says reviewing and no zen even though i have checked my bank and the cash has been taken, so it looks like i am not going to get my zen intime to transfer and qualify for the drow, great day all round, thanks guys. Awesome work.
  • vadagarkevarinvadagarkevarin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What confuses me about their solution, is that they're willing to have tickets sent to their support team to accommodate the purchase of the companion bundle (essentially honoring their original agreement) but are NOT offering the same for the individual companion offer. If they really wanted to make up for their false advertising, surely it's within their power to do so by accepting tickets on that issue also?
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is so messed up of PW, Cryptic, the Devs! :( I have the full amount of Zen in game and there's apparently no way of getting into our PW account. I wanted the companion pack bundle that was advertised to expire in 1 hour and 20 mins. So the only way to get it is to buy 12k zen from PW!??!!! WTH
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • galadiagaladia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Abysmal customer service and absolutely reprehensible behavior on Cryptic's part. The team should feel ashamed of what they did now. I've been enjoying the game and was considering contributing money to it as a token of my gratitude for the good experience. But this latest display of poor community management is just beyond the pale. I refuse to believe they think that anyone would be satisfied with this offer of theirs.

Perhaps if enough people make a ruckus they'll consider doing the right thing. A decent company respects their engagements, I don't see why this one should be held to different standards.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    galadia wrote: »
    Abysmal customer service and absolutely reprehensible behavior on Cryptic's part. The team should feel ashamed of what they did now. I've been enjoying the game and was considering contributing money to it as a token of my gratitude for the good experience. But this latest display of poor community management is just beyond the pale. I refuse to believe they think that anyone would be satisfied with this offer of theirs.

Perhaps if enough people make a ruckus they'll consider doing the right thing. A decent company respects their engagements, I don't see why this one should be held to different standards.

I am furious with them for the 1st time ever. :( I'm so GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • ashcutesashcutes Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    WELL THIS SUCKS!

was waiting for a bit for the AD Exchange to go down on the Last Minute..

*SIGH*

#BadDayOnNewYear
    #IHopeThisIsTheLastBadEventInMyLifeForThisYear
    #Epic2013
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Let me make one thing crystal clear: Discussion of moderation, or commentary thereof, is prohibited under Section V of Rules of Conduct--which EVERY poster agreed to when creating their account and continues to agree to by exercising their posting privilege. Any post in violation of the above section is subject to summary removal without further warning to the poster.

Do please route all concerns about moderation through the PM system or support website, as stipulated in the aforementioned RoC. Thank you.

Do not respond to or quote this moderator notice.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • thirstiusthirstius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am incredibly angry.

My plan for today was to buy:

(2) Ioun Stone of Allure = 2 x .40 x 2000 = 1600
    (1) Will-O-Wisp = .40 x 3500 = 1400
    (1) Sprite = .40 x 3500 = 1400
    (1) Galeb Duhr = .40 x 3500 = 1400

For a total of 5,800 Zen ($58 US -- which for $50 I would actually get 6,050 Zen based on current Zen sale).

Now, to get those same pets, it will cost me (2 x 1200) + (3 x 2500) = 9,900 Zen ($99 US).

I can't afford to spend TWICE the amount for the same 5 pets. If I did, I would have bought the 12,000 Zen package which would have been just $1 more because of the Zen sale (which, according to the company, I could still buy --- if I had the money).

I have $50 to spend on Zen to get the pets I want for my characters. This is what you advertised.

Now, for $50 I can get only get 2 or 3 pets instead of 5. (Well, plus the bonus pet --- which I don't care for).

This is a humongous disparity and a gigantic disappointment for those of us that have been supporting you monetarily.
  • guiwil123guiwil123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Great question. Only ZEN that is transferred from this page, https://billing.perfectworld.com/mywallet, into Neverwinter will qualify.

Thank you for dat detail !!!!
    :)

Made my day !
    I was lookin' for this companion since a week !
This discussion has been closed.