What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[BUG] Storm Step Action + Forest Ghost = Instant Cooldown Reduction

Comments

• Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Probably you didn't completely get my previous post, so I'll just say once more that they should fix it (it's obviously something wrong), but one should identify the part that needs fixing.

E.G If you Forest ghost while Fox is on full CD, then hitting 3 targets with Forest should fully recharge it. THIS should not happen if there is only one.

The problem is forest ghost should not work that way with storm step at all only reason its procking storm step is cause its passive effect is being considered a melee attack witch it should not cause even in raged mode it triggers MoC. Once this is fix it will be the end of me carrying storm step cuas arguably this class feature really is not worth carrying with out disrupting.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Dailies with multiple activations work this way. The only other Daily that I know it works this way is Supermacy of Steel (one activation when you hit the button, one more when you decide to pop it). I have no idea what you are talking about (the part that you refer to melee attacks), but Forest Ghost is a daily with multiple activations if multiple targets are there so IMHO it should proc per target hit.

What I am trying to say in 3 posts is that the 'combo' needs fixing but first of all we need to know how the designers wanted it to work. Because right now all I see are assumptions about how people (including me) witness a bug in the code.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Forest Ghost description specifically says that "(Foes will not be attacked more than once)" so even if Forest Ghost intentionally triggers SSA on individual hits, it shouldn't be attacking targets multiple times and RE-triggering SSA each time.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    bananachef wrote: »
    Forest Ghost description specifically says that "(Foes will not be attacked more than once)" so even if Forest Ghost intentionally triggers SSA on individual hits, it shouldn't be attacking targets multiple times and RE-triggering SSA each time.

Exactly my point. The bug (IMHO again, because flame war is incoming) is that it procs by just sitting next to ONE person. If the attack will key off multiple targets, then the reduction on CDs should be happening per target hit.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mod note: please stay on-topic. if you posted about this before, great, but please do not make this thread about you. if you do not have nothing constructive to add to the discussion, don't post anything.

do not reply to this mod note. instead, send us a PM to discuss it. thank you.
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Exactly my point. The bug (IMHO again, because flame war is incoming) is that it procs by just sitting next to ONE person. If the attack will key off multiple targets, then the reduction on CDs should be happening per target hit.

Hey mate. Check your Pms.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hey mate. Check your Pms.

Checked and answered : )
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just wait, if its changed it was bug, if not it was intended, cryptic is so accurate with their descriptions that the skill might as well spawn a pie.

see unstoppable description for example, or block, or ITC or a bunch of other skills
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    @burkaanc - That's what I've said as well. We the players don't know one way or another. It's been reported. Someone will acknowledge that it's an issue, or not. We play with it as is and when they fix it, they fix it. It's not going to be a 'nerf' or anything like that either. It will simply be a bug that is fixed. Most likely along the same lines as MoA.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    As posted on page 1. I'll post again what the bug is:

1st: Stormstep is what is currently bugged as it's triggering from "every" activation of a daily's event action and not actually the "activation" of the daily.

Example 1: Forest Meditation (Each healing proc) This is because each event action (Healing Proc) is considered a new activation of Forest Meditation and Stormstep is then procing.

Example 2: Forest Ghost which is even more complex because it's double bugged.

Bug 1 - Each Forest Ghost event (Melee attack a new target within range once) triggers Stormstep

Bug 2 - Melee (could be ranged also I don't remember off hand) at-wills is also considered a Forest Ghost event and is triggering Stormstep

So if you are in a large pack of mobs/players, you can trigger Forest Ghost and get instant reset of encounters. Then use encounters and then use at-wills to reset encounters again and repeat till Forest Ghost is on-cool down.

If you have any questions I recommend you test out the bug yourself on the target dummies.
  • Options
    kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    From the first moment I used that combo (SSA + FG) I KNEW something wasn't right. When I found it, I was laughing at the damage I was able to do.

As someone mentioned elsewhere, enjoy it while you can.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »

1st: Stormstep is what is currently bugged as it's triggering from "every" activation of a daily's event action and not actually the "activation" of the daily.

Example 1: Forest Meditation (Each healing proc) This is because each event action (Healing Proc) is considered a new activation of Forest Meditation and Stormstep is then procing.

Bug 1 - Each Forest Ghost event (Melee attack a new target within range once) triggers Stormstep

Bug 2 - Melee (could be ranged also I don't remember off hand) at-wills is also considered a Forest Ghost event and is triggering Stormstep

So if you are in a large pack of mobs/players, you can trigger Forest Ghost and get instant reset of encounters. Then use encounters and then use at-wills to reset encounters again and repeat till Forest Ghost is on-cool down.

If you have any questions I recommend you test out the bug yourself on the target dummies.

It is not just At-wills that affect this. Encounters will also apply the activation of Stormstep.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    edited December 2013

ITS Not A Ranged Bug and its not forest ghost thats bugged its storm step itself that's bugged the only daily that is bugged is forest meditation because forest meditation healing tick are being considered melee attacks. Storm step is counting melee attacks that happen during the activation of a daily in this case forest meditation healing ticks during the channel being considered melee attacks procking the class feature this is why forest meditation proc MoC on the user a feat that only proc's on melee attacks. In forest ghose case Any melee skill activated under its effect will trigger SsA Ranged encounter and at will do not trigger this.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    voltomey wrote: »
    ITS Not A Ranged Bug and its not forest ghost thats bugged its storm step itself that's bugged

That is what I said. Stormstep is bugged. Please read post as you don't understand mechanic's.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    That is what I said. Stormstep is bugged. Please read post as you don't understand mechanic's.

I understand the mechanic but your not getting what i am trying to say The bug is a issue with Stormstep and melee attacks being used while under the effects of a daily. Forest meditations healing ticks aren't being consider a new activation there being considered melee attacks being used while under the daily's effects.If you have master of combat you will know forest meditation procs it damaging you while its channeling this feat only procs for melee attacks. Storm Step is counting melee attacks used while under the effects of a daily as individual daily activation's its as simple as that. This is also why forest ghost damaging effect triggers the class feature ther being considered melee attacks they two proc master of combat btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    voltomey wrote: »
    I understand the mechanic but your not getting what i am trying to say The bug is a issue with Stormstep and melee attacks being used while under the effects of a daily. Forest meditations healing ticks aren't being consider a new activation there being considered melee attacks being used while under the daily's effects.If you have master of combat you will know forest meditation procs it damaging you while its channeling this feat only procs for melee attacks. Storm Step is counting melee attacks used while under the effects of a daily as individual daily activation's its as simple as that. This is also why forest ghost damaging effect triggers the class feature ther being considered melee attacks they two proc master of combat btw.

Well at least we both agree that Stormstep is broken.

Personally once it's fixed I'll be glad to drop it from my passive bar. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well at least we both agree that Stormstep is broken.

Personally once it's fixed I'll be glad to drop it from my passive bar. :D

same sorry if i come off kinda um like a know it all sigh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Then the problem isnt with the two together. Its only with Stormstep thinking any attacks during the effect of Forest Ghost is part of the activation.
  • Options
    bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Forest ghost is still partly bugged. Its hitting more than once per target.

If you use it on 2 targets with SSA you should proc SSA at most three times. Once on cast and twice hitting each target if thats intended. But you are hitting these 2 targets multiple times, triggering SSA too often
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    LoL guess i never used fox cunning, i dont even put a single point on it, rain of arrows i use and it realy do a lot of damage
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    While not everyone will use Fox's all the time, it is an extremely useful and powerful ability and I strongly encourage you to pick it up and try it out.
  • Options
    immahealyounowimmahealyounow Member Posts: 57
    edited December 2013
    You guys do not understand how this works do you?

1 - I've known about this bug since PTR and reported it then.

2 - With GHOST Activated (ANY) At-Will attacks proc the Storm Step passive and reduces your cool down by 3 seconds. This is how I can preform (3) Full Fox attacks in succession or combo / stack other encounters over and over during ghost. This is not intended because all other daily's only trigger (1) 3 Second reduction.

The issue is GHOSTs (Passive Attack) is also accepting at-will attacks as a daily trigger. So if you have say 4 mobs (players) it will instantly proc 12 seconds of cooldowns, then when fox drops you do fox again, then you melee and follow up again with another fox. So you can do 3 Fox's back to back 3 times within 1 duration of ghost.

I've grown sick of seeing this abused. I hope a fix comes soon.
    * Blessing - 60 DC * * Blessa - 60 GWF * * Blessed - 60 TR * * Bless - 60 GF * * Blessings - 50 CW * * BlessedArr0w - 30 HR *

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I've grown sick of seeing this abused. I hope a fix comes soon.

Now now bless. This will take time. And I guarentee you that when it does get fixed (If it does get fixed - Ala Ferocious Reaction Bug) that SSA will not be worth slotting anymore.

Everyone does something a little shady here and there.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yeah because all those GWF Regen clones and Glass Cannon spam get mad when another class has a little advantage. Tisk Tisk.
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • Options
    zoushozahnzoushozahn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd love to see a fix.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    If you take away the Fox/Ghost synergy HR can't nuke down anything. Also it's very easy to stop it. You just focus the HR and he can't even go into stealth by hitting Forest.
  • Options
    immahealyounowimmahealyounow Member Posts: 57
    edited December 2013
    Now now bless. This will take time. And I guarentee you that when it does get fixed (If it does get fixed - Ala Ferocious Reaction Bug) that SSA will not be worth slotting anymore.

Everyone does something a little shady here and there.

Don't patronize me.
    You just focus the HR and he can't even go into stealth by hitting Forest.

Agreed, but pugs seem to want to target sentinel gwfs first :/
    * Blessing - 60 DC * * Blessa - 60 GWF * * Blessed - 60 TR * * Bless - 60 GF * * Blessings - 50 CW * * BlessedArr0w - 30 HR *

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    :) Until you see as many combat HRs with P.Vorpals as cookie cutter GWFs or skillTRs, you won't see a nerf.

Meanwhile, the HR community is busy speccing to Archery for PvP and searching for green tights in order to resemble their movie hero.

So, don't worry too much.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    :) Until you see as many combat HRs with P.Vorpals as cookie cutter GWFs or skillTRs, you won't see a nerf.

Meanwhile, the HR community is busy speccing to Archery for PvP and searching for green tights in order to resemble their movie hero.

So, don't worry too much.

Sadly i am actually going to bring this SsA bug up in the Bug forms and see what happens then this thread should have ben posted there not here if people actually cared and with the amount of abuse forest ghost is seeing out side of PvP it will get a Nerf eventually
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    You should. And I hope that you achieve what you want.