Options

[BUG] Storm Step Action + Forest Ghost = Instant Cooldown Reduction

13»

Comments

• Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Don't patronize me.

There is no Patronizing here. Just pointing out that everyone uses things in the game to their own advantage.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    BUG: Storm Step Action (Passive) + Forest Ghost (Daily)

Storm Step Action - Reduces all cool downs by 3 seconds when a daily is used

Forest Ghost - Stealth's the HR and attacks each target in range once

Issue:

Forest Ghost is procing the Storm Step Action passive each time you attack and hit a target. This means that you are able to instantly refresh encounters over and over again while combining both. Within the time frame of 1 ghost daily, it is possible to refresh cool downs (3) times. This is causing a massive inflated amount of damage due to triple casting encounter rotations or spamming fox cunning 3 times in a row during the use of Forest Ghost.

I always thought that was how it was meant to work when Ranger first came out on the test server , seemed too good to be true though to be honest , I used to get 2 or 3 thorn wards up at a time sometimes lol
  • Options
    arhanelarhanel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    well, fox shift stack to 8, so we probably should be able use encounter rotation twice, or else it wouldnt have sense
  • Options
    pridesenvypridesenvy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i am torn it is too good to be true but so is split shot and rain of arrows hitting for well over 200k every cast. and the fact it doesnt cause a CD reduction when you first enter stealth suggests it was intentional and at max rank you still need 15+ mobs per CD rotation so unless you have a bad *** tank or your fighting against a million ****ing imps you wont actually get 3 CD rotations out of it. however due to the risk of being in the way of danger i would still rather use throw caution split the sky rain of arrows and split shot until CD are down than run in just to land a second rain of arrows. this combo really only works in combat builds which despite the problems it presents it is a very viable dps build in dungeons.
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited December 2013
    LOL at OP, he panicked when he figured this out. It's funny that voltmey mentioned this in his guide from the beginning and I think it's intended to work like that.

It was not difficult to figure out on my own, tbh... Not sure if it's intended to work this way, just bad programming imo. I do enjoy super adrenaline mode daily, though.

As an Archer spec, I can only possibly get 3 max Cooldown on Thorn Ward and Rain of Arrows because of their casting times... usually only two.