test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voltomey's Survival Combat PvP Build

Comments

• llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    taking nature heal is a terrible choice imo, to be pvp viable you always want to spec solo mode, even if some builds work better in groups most of the time you don't have such luxury unless you are someone who only premades 24/7 which I don't think anyone is in this game.

I don't understand the problem with medidation, so it resets your cooldowns? so what it's not like you can cast them during that phase right?

HR vs GWF i feel that is a 6-4 matchup in favor of the gwf, in theory you can both do the same amount of dmg but the gwf gets free takedown whenever you're near him, so there is no way for ranger to guarantee 2 full rotations in forest ghost without being proned.

If only they made fox con immune to cc for the next hit as well as deflect that would be more even, you could buffer con, cast daily and go in for 2 rotations, any gwf who can't prone out of the first rotation therefore breaking your 2nd one is a BAD GWF.
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    The thing about that is it also resets boar charge. which is a prone. I can boar > fox > boar > fox. You'll almost be up from the first boar, by the time the second is ready. Especially as I can throw hits of clear the ground in there to hit you and anyone around you. Fun times. I'm looking forward to gearing up my HR. :)
  • northe1northe1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    The thing about that is it also resets boar charge. which is a prone. I can boar > fox > boar > fox. You'll almost be up from the first boar, by the time the second is ready. Especially as I can throw hits of clear the ground in there to hit you and anyone around you. Fun times. I'm looking forward to gearing up my HR. :)

Is clear the ground a main stay on you action bar or is there a way to rotate it in during a fight? Thank you
  • diablorfdiablorf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Heya Voltomey!
    Can I ask u a few question as a newbie in this game?)
    I played a lot of MMO's before NWO, u know like, LA2, AION, TERA etc. But this game is different with its uniqe mechanics, so I wanna ask some advice from you.
    Started the game a week ago, i'm 34 lvl HR, have read ur guide but still have questions.
    What a saw throught out the forum, right now the only best build for HR in PVP is the melee build, but to be honest i'm very disapointed about this, because u know, making a archer u wanna play as a ranger not as a melee class.
    So, can HR do good in pvp as a ranger and with some melee skills, or there are no chance, and he must go melee at 80%?
    And one more question,
    As I saw, for example ur melee build to work as It should be, u must have the right gear, enchantments and etc. But for this u should farm a lot of dungeons and have a permament group...
    Which build will be the best for me to play while i'm starting from 0, and being able to do some pvp as well?
    Thanks.
  • darkstarmjpdarkstarmjp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No much difference between rolls but I went
    18 dex
    16 wis
    14 str
    10 con
    10 intel
    11 charisma

Depending where you put your points they can both go 24/21/17

Only difference is is the 1% recharge speed from intelligence better than 2% hp from con?
  • ottoarcottoarc Member Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    ok guys i have something to ask you..currently sitting on level 30..ok my question is i love to pvp..when in pvp i usually stand at high ground or very far to attack the enemy..ok the point is when the enemy is down to less than half and IF the enemy is running away i will switch to melee stance and marauder strike the enemy and use hindering strike to apply strong grasping root on him..than i will use my melee to finish him off and if he keep on running i will change to ranged stance to finish him off..and now im level 30 and using a wood elf ?? i dunno which path i should take ..archery ? combat or nature ?? can someone experienced teach me and give me some guide and option based on my playstyle ??
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Hey V,

Good work on the Interview guide. I think it's a solid go to piece of information that follows in the steps of the wizard guide like that. :)

As a side note, my HR finally hit 60 last night! Yay! I already started work on Sharandar for the boons. I'm in 60 blues with the PVP weapons. I was out of time last night, so didn't get any pvp in. I've done the last 20 levels-ish as combat and I noticed at the end (59) that my damage was getting kinda low. Fights were lasting longer and being painful. Hopefully the kick up into 60 gear should help. I still only have r5s. no weapon enchant, but I do have enough shards for a terror, so I was thinking about starting with that. aoe melee debuff of defense looked like a good idea to me. What do you think?
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Hey V,

Good work on the Interview guide. I think it's a solid go to piece of information that follows in the steps of the wizard guide like that. :)

As a side note, my HR finally hit 60 last night! Yay! I already started work on Sharandar for the boons. I'm in 60 blues with the PVP weapons. I was out of time last night, so didn't get any pvp in. I've done the last 20 levels-ish as combat and I noticed at the end (59) that my damage was getting kinda low. Fights were lasting longer and being painful. Hopefully the kick up into 60 gear should help. I still only have r5s. no weapon enchant, but I do have enough shards for a terror, so I was thinking about starting with that. aoe melee debuff of defense looked like a good idea to me. What do you think?

get plaughe fire then it will boost your dps cause of its dot effect but thats not a bad start
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Unless you're donating my friend, Terror is what I get and I have to figure out how to make enough to get a ward to make it work. :)
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Plague fire is amazing. If you don't have access to Perfect Vorpal (lol), then PF or GPF are sooo good.

Just before getting in range you can debuff your targets for the group that went into melee first, you can keep the dots ticking with a singe fox, and you apply a 30-45% Def Reduction (depends on the version you get).

Plus the one shot dismounts are sexy.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And Terror is the poor-man's Plague Fire.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    edited December 2013
    yay! I'm a poor man, so I use the poor-man's plague fire!

although I was half-way serious on if any of you guys want to donate. :)
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And Terror is the poor-man's Plague Fire.

Terror is perfectly fine for a ranger as they can take advantage of a higher boost from the necrotic damage based on weapon damage. This is something a lot of people seem to forget about. A 12% of damage applied as necrotic on top of the 20% debuff which does not require constant attacking to refresh is very synergistic with a hit and run type of class. Plaguefire is great but needs constant attacking to be fully taken advantage of, therefore it is best for classes with dot's or who can stand and contiuously attack without having to disengage.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    caexar wrote: »
    Terror is perfectly fine for a ranger as they can take advantage of a higher boost from the necrotic damage based on weapon damage. This is something a lot of people seem to forget about. A 12% of damage applied as necrotic on top of the 20% debuff which does not require constant attacking to refresh is very synergistic with a hit and run type of class. Plaguefire is great but needs constant attacking to be fully taken advantage of, therefore it is best for classes with dot's or who can stand and contiuously attack without having to disengage.

Which makes it perfect for combat spec rangers since you're largely not disengaging. You're using archery until the enemy is in melee range and then using your combat skills. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited December 2013
    I finally got enough AD for the coal I needed for the terror. It worked wonderfully last night, I noticed a definite bite to my damage output. Things in PVE melted *fast* with combat spec + clear the ground. A fast pre-shot > aim shot sets up the debuff to make the aimed shot hit harder. All in all a nice addition. Plague will still be nice, when I get there, but until then, terror is great.

edit: forgot to mention, PVP went better because it was adding more damage too. While I was still out-geared, I fought a few people who got a lot closer to death after the enchant than before.
    edited December 2013
    If i can only have 3 encounters on my bar at a time and i cant easily rotate or swap out encounters what 3 should i have?
    ME, fox cunning , boar charge, hindering strike. Or is there a easy way to rotate in during a battle?
    Keep in mind i am level 58 , with limited experience. I am getting complete owned at this level, where the previous levels 28-29, 38-39, 48-49,. wasnt the case. I was somewhere in the middle of ranking. I am scared as hell whats going to happen at 60.

I am a halfling at level 58 with campfire bonus my ability scores are dex 23, 20con, 17wis, 15str, 13cha, 12int.
    At 60 it would be 24/18/16/14/13. Should i respec and drop dex down ? THank you
    edited December 2013
    Your dex is fine. :)

I do ME, fox cunning, boar charge. At will of electric strike and aim shot. Start a combat at range, buff with boar skin/fox cunning, start aim shot, switch to melee. Wait for aim shot to finish, MR into the fight. boar charge the elite, then spam clear the ground (electric shot) in melee. This'll generally eat them up.
    edited December 2013
    Your dex is fine. :)

I do ME, fox cunning, boar charge. At will of electric strike and aim shot. Start a combat at range, buff with boar skin/fox cunning, start aim shot, switch to melee. Wait for aim shot to finish, MR into the fight. boar charge the elite, then spam clear the ground (electric shot) in melee. This'll generally eat them up.

Big difference my friend ty!
  • them1sterturtlethem1sterturtle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    V -

If I don't have access to the FiE armor set what pieces of what set do you recommend to hold me over until I get access to farm FiE? I just got my last piece of Forest Lord.
    edited December 2013
    V -

If I don't have access to the FiE armor set what pieces of what set do you recommend to hold me over until I get access to farm FiE? I just got my last piece of Forest Lord.

Grand warden
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arinathosarinathos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Where can I find a Ring of the Noble Beast? Haven't been able to find one of those things...
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    arinathos wrote: »
    Where can I find a Ring of the Noble Beast? Haven't been able to find one of those things...

Pegasus seals vendor sells it.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    arinathos wrote: »

As was said above from the Pegasus vendor for 7 seals eachs.
  • abudamanabudaman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Great guide....I love it!
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for this guide, my 60hr was lacking something in the resilience and "if only I'd had one more big hit left I'd have killed that gwf" departments. Looking foward to testing this new respec in pvp tonight. So far, complete dominance...
    No idea what my toon is now.
    edited January 2014
    1 hour and plus 3000 glory later, yes, nice build, my kill to death ratio was up, and I seemed to be not only able to take more hits but also to stealth more often.

Also, while stealthed, I was outrunning horses. ;)
    edited January 2014
    From the t1 pvp gear, I get 10% run speed.
    I also have the combat spec 10% run speed increase in melee stance
    I also add in utility enchants. I don't remember all exactly what I have. However, I have enough to be at 35% run speed.

Then I forest ghost. :)
    edited January 2014
    i got the new t 2.5 pvp gear wel half of it at least lolz on test server will post in a few my toon stats atm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    voltomey wrote: »
    i got the new t 2.5 pvp gear wel half of it at least lolz on test server will post in a few my toon stats atm

For the t2.5 set, you have to put the enchantments into them before equipping them.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
    edited January 2014
    Hey V.,

Been running your build for a week or two, and cranked my gs up to about 13 and a bit, added a soulforge too (I've been seriously grinding the auction and the dailies). An amazing success so far. Tonight for example I frequently withstood everything a group could chuck at me, and managed to kill both opponents even one against two. The high point was getting the most kills in a match where it was just me, and a teamate who just camped out by the fire, against 5 enemy.

In short, your build rocks. Tomorrow I should have the ad to buy another piece of forest lord for the 450 recovery bonus, then I'm going to up my ap and power and become a true monster. ;)