test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback/Questions about Winter Festival

2»

Comments

• fusshupefusshupe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Fishing is... well, now the holes have lights and close down, which is probably good against the bots, but I prefered just listening to my audiobook while pressing F ;)

What I think is missing is some longer profession assignments. Like, takes 1 hour, but crafts 40 Mote of Light at once (as opposed to doing 30 assignments of 2 minutes for 60 Motes), same for the big lights.

Edit:
    Also, profession tasks to turn Ring of Light and Winterkill Emblem into something useful after upgrading Simril Lightcrafting to 3. We need this.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am personally only interested in the 2 pets. I know the mounts are nice, but since they are 50% I don't need them taking up my limited bag space.

I should have a mimic on each char, but I don't know how much grinding I will care to do to get fawns for 7 chars.

All in all, I like it and will be doing the dailies on each char before I do anything else in game.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Monster on Ice

A real hoot especially on my CW, but not a lot of use once you get what you need for crafting.

Twilight Run

Not my thing, only did it enough to get what I needed for crafting

Fishing

I see days and days of this in my future! Well Done!

Questions and Comments

My main issue is the fact that they aren't selling the token on the Tradebar Guy like they did for Summer event, very depressing that I will only be able to get the sled or the mimic. I strongly suggest putting them on the Tradebar Guy.

Yay for mailbox in zone, only issue is it wasn't marked on the map so I had to stumble across it.

Really wish there was a need for the event rewards (beyond the light pods) once you have finished your crafting.

The fawn thing might be a good pet, but I wish it had just been done as an augment pet like the cat since it has no attacks.

Zone is awesome, wish there were a few indoor areas like an inn, or even just open doors to wander in and out of buildings. Love the Telescope and the whole night sky effect.

I hope to be surprised when the second part activates, but for now beyond fishing its all ok but meh.

Did I mention......Really need to add the tokens to the Tradebar Guy so I can get both items !!!!
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I enjoyed it, lots of fun things to do! Congratulations!
    I wish we could keep fishing and other similar activities after the event is done though.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    and i love the sliding on ice thing. one of the other mods suggested including it as a boss mechanic. remove the adds in FH and give us icecapades!

OH MY GOD yes.

Yes. Yes. So much yes.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    I know the mounts are nice, but since they are 50% I don't need them taking up my limited bag space.

I know it's slow, but I love the look of the dappled horse. So. Much.

Don't care about the sled at all though.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I know it's slow, but I love the look of the dappled horse. So. Much.

Don't care about the sled at all though.

oh i know... that's one beautiful horse. i'm going to have to snag it.
  • brandewynnbrandewynn Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I enjoy the winter festival. However, I would love to be able to take my lower level toons through there as well. With things jumping out of the ice while fishing at any time, I can no longer take them out there for the fishing derby. Monsters on ice is out of the question as well for either my level 37 or my level 14, so that leaves only the twilight run.One event is not nearly enticing enough reason to take my lowbies out to the festival.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    brandewynn wrote: »
    I enjoy the winter festival. However, I would love to be able to take my lower level toons through there as well. With things jumping out of the ice while fishing at any time, I can no longer take them out there for the fishing derby. Monsters on ice is out of the question as well for either my level 37 or my level 14, so that leaves only the twilight run.One event is not nearly enticing enough reason to take my lowbies out to the festival.

all of the baddies should scale to your level. so there shouldn't be a huge disadvantage to your lowbies.
  • schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    anyone knows about the zenith thing? Im about to leave town for Christmas, and a little bit busy, so Ill be gone in 5-6 days, you guys think Ill still be able to get the mimic pet? 18 tokens required
  • sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Point taken and dismissed, mrspuma. You neglect that I'm talking about multiple characters. The pig companion was easy for that. This, not so much. Maybe 1, possibly two, pushing it for three fawn unless you're literally playing the game as if it's your full time job.

Good point, jorifice1. Here's hoping.
    THIS! I've been doing HOURS per day, events plus fishing between, and 16 days in STILL do not have enough to get both fawn and weapon skins for all my toons. (4900 needed and I've got 4500 per toon) My sister, who has full-time job (I currently do not) is struggling to get just 2 fawns for her main toons.

I've been getting nowhere NEAR 260-400 lights per hour fishing. Try more like 150 an hour. Sometimes up to 300, if I get lucky. This using bait and purple pole. How do you get so many? Is there a secret other than pressing endless Fs and fighting skellys every minute/minute and a half?