Install Arc
Options

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• Options
    chaossaur1chaossaur1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah paladin, monk after druid anyway..

Paladin would be a sort of a fighter, but really I'd see him as a tank/healer role, where you ca defend others by taking aggro and healing them, mitigating damage from them (shield other)
    Something to make the paladin different, give him charge attack on his main attack swing that you hold the button down to deal a big holy area of effect melee hit. (possibly stunning devils/demons/undead)

The other option is to have a monk with the "tab" key changing your monk stance, from the volcanic stance (fire and earth) to the storm stance (water and air)

The volcanic stance is a defensive dot tank type where you redirect damage back at your attacker, ranged and melee, set them alight for damage over time.

Storm stance is a mobility stance that favors quick movement, jumping, flanking, flying side kicks, stuns (electrical)
  • Options
    cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    Aye. The more I think about it, the more I realize that the paladin is what we really need.

I suspect the shortage of clerics has a lot to do with the fact that their damage output is so low, it makes the solo bits of the game... kind of a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Paladins would presumably not have that problem.

Though it's strange to think of them that way, I imagine the Paladin would be a bit of a Jack-of-all-Trades class. Decent damage, decent tank, some heals (probably heal-over-time) and buffs... the only thing they'd really lack is any sort of long-range capability. They could be very fun to play, done right.

The trouble with the Jack-of-all-Trades, though, is that it's often very hard to find the balance between "over-powered" and "useless"...
  • Options
    glithanesglithanes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey,

I know the 6 class just came out and more pargon paths but we still need set of pargon paths as well as 7th and 8th and 9th and 10 th class.

Then with another healer and caster, tank type and hybrid the game will start to feel more complete it will way addd the group and raid diversity as well as excitement in the game, give the crafters more classes to craft for etc.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Later
    10/char
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Whenever an official announcement is made that such-and-such class is coming to Neverwinter, that's when you'll see it. Realistically, it's just not possible to foresee that far ahead. Development priorities change, sometimes on a daily basis.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    7th class is probably the warlock. 8th class could be the druid. 9th class could be anything. until there is an official statement, all you have is speculation and as we all know, everything is tight lipped until then.

stay tuned!
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Soon(TM)

i hope its not warlock and druid, maybe paladin or smth
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This game clearly follows the D&D 4E.

So I took the liberty of finding a complete list of the games primary classes. I predict to see most, if not all of them, in the distant future.

http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Class
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    One can make safe guesses just based on Cryptic's current track record. They seem to be holding to a 3 to 4 month release cycle for each module. And its safe to say that we wont see any new classes without being tied to a module release.

That would safely put class 7, sometime in March or April. And the 8th in July or August. Assuming no major delays or radical changes to planning or schedules
  • Options
    glithanesglithanes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Paladin and bard, shaman classes down the line etc.
    Dreadknight etc, wizard.
  • Options
    tribalsagetribalsage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok I think it's time for me to start being an active part of the forums since I've been playing the game since it started along with different PWE games in the past. Ok so I figured I would chime in with info I've heard from a very reputable and reliable source from the past. In the past I've gotten lots of info before most sites on different games including things that were in the works with Perfect World Entertainment. Most of the time, I'd say 95% of the time the stuff was correct. Most of the info I chose to just keep to myself and let it happen..this also cause no issues with the source or the devs of the game since I didn't really talk about it.. however in this case since both classes(Warlock and Druid) are coming I figured this won't be a huge deal. Now just like many things it could change.. a Cryptic employee can feel free to respond and shine some light into this post then that would be great.. on that note here I go.

From what I've been informed the Druid class is going to be next. It's supposed to be sort of a dual class if you will kinda like the Hunter Ranger. Basically a Druid meets Monk type class mix being primarily Druid . Staffs are being introduced. I was informed that there is talk about hand to hand combat weapons, gloves and things similar. The source didn't say this was coming with the Druid for sure but he did mention it being a sort of a mix between Druid and Monk. Of course the Monk class could be right around the corner too which would explain things even better.

Ok so there ya go. There is good and bad in this post and the fact it's good cause it's info for the community but bad cause I really hope I didn't say too much..I'm not tryin to get anyone is deep <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I know most of this stuff is confidential and can cause issues..hopefully this is not one of those times.

Hope everyone has a great night.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited December 2013
    I would really love a classic wizard: fireball, lightning bolt, invisibility, meteor swarm and the like. Not sure which class that is under 4th edition rules. A Swordmage would be nice too however.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    tribalsage wrote: »
    Ok I think it's time for me to start being an active part of the forums since I've been playing the game since it started along with different PWE games in the past. Ok so I figured I would chime in with info I've heard from a very reputable and reliable source from the past. In the past I've gotten lots of info before most sites on different games including things that were in the works with Perfect World Entertainment. Most of the time, I'd say 95% of the time the stuff was correct. Most of the info I chose to just keep to myself and let it happen..this also cause no issues with the source or the devs of the game since I didn't really talk about it.. however in this case since both classes(Warlock and Druid) are coming I figured this won't be a huge deal. Now just like many things it could change.. a Cryptic employee can feel free to respond and shine some light into this post then that would be great.. on that note here I go.

From what I've been informed the Druid class is going to be next. It's supposed to be sort of a dual class if you will kinda like the Hunter Ranger. Basically a Druid meets Monk type class mix being primarily Druid . Staffs are being introduced. I was informed that there is talk about hand to hand combat weapons, gloves and things similar. The source didn't say this was coming with the Druid for sure but he did mention it being a sort of a mix between Druid and Monk. Of course the Monk class could be right around the corner too which would explain things even better.

Ok so there ya go. There is good and bad in this post and the fact it's good cause it's info for the community but bad cause I really hope I didn't say too much..I'm not tryin to get anyone is deep <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I know most of this stuff is confidential and can cause issues..hopefully this is not one of those times.

i'd just like to add to this that until a cryptic or pwe employee says this is official, it is as speculative as the rest of the posts in this thread. :cool:
  • Options
    tribalsagetribalsage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i'd just like to add to this that until a cryptic or pwe employee says this is official, it is as speculative as the rest of the posts in this thread. :cool:

Ya I understand. I'm hoping that a Cryptic employee will confirm it or say it's not correct for the community and myself.
  • Options
    khalith01khalith01 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited December 2013

Here you go.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/28/5028776/neverwinters-next-expansion-adds-hunter-class-paragon-paths-and-more
    "I can imagine the Druid will probably be, if not the next one that we start next, it will probably be soon, because just about everyone when they say, 'What about new classes, like the Ranger or Druid?' Those are the two they always talk about."
  • Options
    ljz6ljz6 Member Posts: 74
    edited December 2013
    tribalsage wrote: »

I'm confident this persons writing is always correct 80% of the time, sometimes. (sarcasm).
  • Options
    kingslayer74kingslayer74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 75
    edited December 2013
    I was hoping for another Leader class.

Oh well...something's better than nothing. I've been very happy to see the improvements the game is making and I'll be happy with whatever.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    7th class is probably the warlock. 8th class could be the druid. 9th class could be anything. until there is an official statement, all you have is speculation and as we all know, everything is tight lipped until then.

stay tuned!

I hope so. Never liked mages/sorcerers class in dnd but really warlocks long time ago :P
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013

stay tuned!
    Are you sure it can be anything? Let's look at the facts:

Current classes:

Guardian Fighter/Great Weapon Fighter
    Hunter Ranger/Druid
    Control Wizard/Warlock
    Trickster Rogue
    Devoted Cleric

It's easy to match Guardian Fighters and Great Weapon Fighters. They even have the same paragon paths. Warlocks are spellcasters, so it's easy to pair it up with Control Wizard. Hunter Rangers are forest dwellers, just like Druids. That means Devoted Cleric and Trickster Rogue are on their own, meaning those two will probably be the base for the two classes after Druid and Warlock.

Alternatively, you could say Druid are spellcasters and healers, making them pair up with Devoted Cleric. I find this a bit hard to see, but if so, the two classes after Druid and Warlock will pair up with Trickster Rogue and Control Wizard. Some have mentioned Bard, and I can see that paired up with Trickster Rogue.

Finally, that leaves us with:

Devoted Cleric/Druid -> new wizard class (Sorceror?)
    Control Wizard/Druid -> New Devopted Cleric class (combat cleric? Pure healer?)
    Trickster Rogue/Bard -> most likely for the 9th or 10th class

Druid/Shaman -> Both are forest dwellers and spellcasters, so they could be an easy pair. But if so, I find it hard to ignore two of the starter classes, and rather pairing up a recently releaed class. Not impossible, but if they go with Druid and Shaman as a pair, Shaman will probably be the 11th or 12th class.
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    We're not going to see word until they are over 95% completed. It's a small development group, and they don't work on one thing at a time. When it's ready to launch (reasonably, probably in the spring expansion), we'll hear official word probably about two months from it's release.

That said: we need classes focused more on buffing and debuffing. Warlock, Bard and Shaman come to mind as popular options.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »

by saying "it could be anything" means anything is speculative at this point.
  • Options
    whatefwhatef Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Guardian Fighter/Great Weapon Fighter
    Hunter Ranger/Druid
    Control Wizard/Warlock
    Trickster Rogue
    Devoted Cleric
    I don't really agree with those pairings. The GF and GWF are obvious of course, since they're just variations of the core Fighter class. I never really got why they split it up like this instead of going Fighter/Warlord or Fighter/Barbarian, but whatever. They're obviously two variations on the same class, which is only enforced by their shared paragon paths. However, a Ranger and a Druid are two very different classes. They're both "primal" classes, but other than that thematic similarity they have very different roles and are distinct classes. If you wanted to make a GF/GWF split with the Ranger, you'd have to makea Hunter Ranger and a Scout Ranger (though it seems unlikely that they're going this route). The same goes for the Wizard and Warlock. They're both "arcane" classes, but they're certainly not the same class, unlike GF/GWF. Wizards have a bunch of subclasses they could go with (Arcanist, Bladesinger, etc. - or going from the class name "Control Wizard" they could split it up similar to Fighters by adding a "Striker Wizard"), but as I said I think it's unlikely that they'll go this route.

Rather than making variations on a class like Guardian Fighter and Great Weapon Fighter, I think it makes more sense to see what classes are most desired by the players, but also (and arguably more importantly) to see where gaps in the lineup exist.

For example, there are currently lots of classes that can fill the DPS role, which not only has them competing for limited party slots, but also gives way more variety for people who like to play DPS than for other roles. On the other hand, there's only one healer class. Adding a second healer class that's mechanically different from the Cleric (for example a Shaman, though I suppose this could be rolled up into the Druid class to some degree) would allow people who like to play healers to enjoy some choice and variation, rather than be 'forced' to play a Cleric. The same goes for tank classes, to a somewhat lesser extent. Of course it's very common for MMOs to only have a single healer class (after all, DPS classes are almost always the most popular ones), but either way I don't think adding even more DPS classes would be the way to go. Alternatively, as lobo0084 pointed out before, add classes that focus on something new entirely, like buffing and debuffing (of course buffing and debuffing aren't new, but having a clear focus on them is), but such things are always a lot harder to balance and I wonder what the solo viability of such a class would be. Of course, it's not my job to worry about that, so whatever. :p For a choice like this, Warlock and Druid could still work (for example Warlock could be Debuff/DPS and Druid Control/Buff/Healing), so either way it works.

Either way, that's just my take on things. As plenty of people have pointed out, there's no way to say anything with certainty untill there's an official announcement. Until we get such an announcement, (almost) anything is possible.
  • Options
    venetar90venetar90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would love to see a warlock type class. Maybe be able to switch between basic staff weapon melee attacks and magic similar to how to ranger switches between bow and blades? Would be bad *** "smack with a big stick, switch, THUNDER BOLT!" Lol
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Well, considering the CEO of Perfect World can wake up one morning and say "hey devs, scrap everything you are doing, i want the next race/class to be a ninja turtle", i'd say it can be anything :P
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, considering the CEO of Perfect World can wake up one morning and say "hey devs, scrap everything you are doing, i want the next race/class to be a ninja turtle", i'd say it can be anything :P

Not exactly true. NW is a licensed product. So any ninja turtle additions would need to get Hasbro's approval first. However, beyond that, its fair to say anything can, and will, go.
  • Options
    couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I, for one, strongly expect the next class to come out will be Warlock. After that, no clue... Though I am hoping for Paladin. I REALLY wanna play a Tiefling Paladin.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    They should really get on the ball with this, this pretty much is the only thing many of us are waiting for. We were waiting for it since it launched. They need to create a dedicated team to do just this, churn out new classes because it's THAT important for a game based on DnD rules! Seriously! And don't think you can't get creative with it. There's a class I've always wanted to see called the Artificer that would be awesome for this game!
This discussion has been closed.