test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance 12-19-13 10PM PST

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone!

We'll be performing a scheduled maintenance this evening at 10PM PST (when is that in your times zone?) to address the client crashing issues that some people have been seeing since this morning's patch, along with a few other issues.

Estimated downtime is 2 hours, and patch notes are available here.

Thank you! :)

10 PM Update: Maintenance has begun.
10:35 PM Update: Things are going well. We'll update you again with any new information!
11:25 PM Update: We're all done. Go go go, log in!
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Fingers crossed...
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Awesome, thanks for addressing these issues!
  • Options
    vixen89vixen89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Great, hope this works. Cleric has been stuck for awhile now. :/
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thanks, guys. :D
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So I got home and started encountering this crashing issue. Even after verifying files. What worked for me (although I didn't participate in any winter festivities, i was crashing while trying to leave PE), was setting NW to start in safe mode under the options in the launcher. Give it a shot until patch comes, if you're having issues. It may just save yah some hassle (or not. Never know)
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    fatalityx321fatalityx321 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the hard work, looking forward to playing later tonight!
  • Options
    jarkensonjarkenson Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Anyway you guys could extend the event by an extra day for those of us who couldn't play today due to constant crashes?
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited December 2013
    Maintenance has begun.
  • Options
    rhilicrhilic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How much time do maintenances usually take? Just downloaded the game and as I started having fun, maintenance.. :(
  • Options
    steamroler12steamroler12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It should be done soon Rhilic, usually the team is very, I would say one hour from now.
  • Options
    rhilicrhilic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Aight, thanks mate.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited December 2013
    rhilic wrote: »
    How much time do maintenances usually take? Just downloaded the game and as I started having fun, maintenance.. :(

Downtime ETA is 2 hours, but we hope to finish before then. ;)
  • Options
    colluzioncolluzion Member Posts: 61
    edited December 2013
    Downtime ETA is 2 hours, but we hope to finish before then. ;)

So do we ;D
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i timed that poorly. i still have 2 characters that need their professions done for the night. Meh. Somewhere, i lost the handful of minutes i thought i had.
  • Options
    pkodon1618pkodon1618 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, as a new player, today has been a bit frustrating (with two 2-hour outages, and some sort of graphical anomalies - parts of the screen flashing, and what appears like some kind of ghost of the health bar flashing above the health bar).

Hopefully, all this will be over, and we can get back to playing in this wonderful world you've built. I'm sure it's at least as frustrating for you guys as it is for us. Thanks for not leaving us hanging with the crashes and disconnects for days on end (yeah, I've seen that before).
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sweet , you fixed the glowing fishing holes , now I can see where the good fishy's are .
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    pkodon1618 wrote: »
    Well, as a new player, today has been a bit frustrating (with two 2-hour outages, and some sort of graphical anomalies - parts of the screen flashing, and what appears like some kind of ghost of the health bar flashing above the health bar).

Hopefully, all this will be over, and we can get back to playing in this wonderful world you've built. I'm sure it's at least as frustrating for you guys as it is for us. Thanks for not leaving us hanging with the crashes and disconnects for days on end (yeah, I've seen that before).

Yeah, these crashes were happening more often today so we had to take immediate action. We will be monitoring it consistently to make sure it doesn't affect more players and to ensure you can enjoy the Winter Festival :)
  • Options
    phoeniciansonphoenicianson Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I see that there is a patch being implemented... are people generally crashing in game or upon login? My Level 53 Ranger will not even log in, the client crashes once I choose that character, who I last logged last night at the last part of the Chasm. IT crashes as it is loading.

I was able to log in with my main character, Level60 CW, who started at Protectors Enclave. However, as soon as I exited Protectors Enclave for Dread Ring, it crashed upon loading. Now that character also crashes each time I try to log in.

I have been scouring the forums for others with similar situations, yet I am not seeing as many as I had expected, and the update patch reads for "some players in some situations".

I am all up to date on my Nvidia GRaphic Card and system drivers, and my rig is more than powerful enough to play this game with all high res settings. However, I doubt it could be the graphic card drivers since the client crashes during loading.

Is this patch supposed to fix this issue? I also tried allowing the system to rebuild the files after crashing... totally lost.. I can only log into Foundry all night!

So disappointed... Neverwinter is my Zen.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    pkodon1618 wrote: »
    Well, as a new player, today has been a bit frustrating

Welcome to Neverwinter!

Those are some weird symptoms you are describing too. I've been monitoring the Bug Report Forums for much of the night but if the issues are still occuring after the patch feel free to send me a PM with our system specs and I'll do some basic troubleshooting and see if we can resolve any graphical issues you have run into. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Things are going well. I'll update you once I have any new information.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    @phoenicianson

The patch is going to fix the issue , earlier players were saying that lowering all graphic settings made it possible to log in , if I was you I would just try to log in after maintenance to see if the fix has worked before you start messing about with settings.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    I see that there is a patch being implemented... are people generally crashing in game or upon login?

The main reason for this patch is to resolve the issues you stated. If the patch doesn't resolve the issues be sure to let us know within the Bug Reports Forums!

Also many of these crashes seemed to revolve around an issue with Post Processing. Many players who had client crashes upon logging into certain zones could work around the problem by disabling "Post Processing" within the Advanced Video Options. Be sure to let us know if there's any problems after the patch though! *crosses fingers*

EDIT - And patience is a virtue my friend. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    @phoenicianson

The patch is going to fix the issue , earlier players were saying that lowering all graphic settings made it possible to log in , if I was you I would just try to log in after maintenance to see if the fix has worked before you start messing about with settings.

Thanks, imsmithy! I appreciate the reply. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow for the patch to be installed. Thanks very much for your help and response!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I am an attorney, and a father of two... all I have is patience. I also like to be facetious, but thanks for the update.

Gracias for the reply, ambisinisterr . I will give it another run tomorrow... hopefully, it will be sorted out by then.

P.S. I didn't "start" the issue, I am just reporting it. I may know computers, but I am not that knowledgeable as to actually cause a problem in the code of your servers.

P.S.S There is that facetiousness I told you about with the P.S.
  • Options
    stahkerstahker Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    rhilic wrote: »
    Same here. The game just got done DL-ing for me (3rd reinstall) was getting tons of error reports, long story short I reinstalled via my Steam Client. Got as far as being able to finally log in but didn't get to the Character Creation page (yeah, Im that new :smile: ) and the game timed out. Anyway GREETINGS :cool:

So is there like a "Newcomers" thread I can hit up for a proper introduction and/or a thread like "Tips for Beginners" even a thread or two that you "Veterans" recommend I should look at with tips to help get me started? If not I guess Ill tinker around with my Forum Profile Page.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have problems with the game crashing a lot since mod 2. I always wait and submit a ticket in for the error, not sure if they're being looked at or if it helps. The most frustrating thing is it crashing in a PvP arena, then when I restart the game, it will kick me out of the PvP match after 5 seconds, leaving my team 1 person short and no glory for myself.

I hope this patch will also help with my problems with these crashes.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    stahker wrote: »
    The game just got done DL-ing for me

Welcome to Neverwinter!

You can create an intro thread, if you wish, within the Moonstone Mask. There's no giant thread where all newcomers post, though. :)

As for must reads, we do have the Extended FAQ which has a lot of useful information about some of the big questions but nothing specific to the game itself. Those questions are likely best answered as they come up rather than in a giant guide. This is an MMO afterall and I suspect there are a lot of questions which have to be answered throughout the course of the game!

However we do have an Official Wiki which should help you out in those times but if that fails then feel free to ask here on the forums. :)
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How about the Throne of Idris epic mode bug ?
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?559721-Unable-to-complete-Epic-Idris

Edit: What does it have Throne of Idris to do with the "MARIDAIN FORTRESS" ? we couldnt collect our rewards from the delve chest in the Idris instance (but we killed the boss in epic mode during the Dungeon Delve ) because it says to travel to the "MARIDAIN FORTRESS" and also the final teleport portal didn't spawned.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Maintenance is all done, ahead of schedule! We'll see you in game.
This discussion has been closed.