test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance 12-19-13 10PM PST

2»

Comments

• Options
    meleumpkinmeleumpkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They just patched at 3am and now not only do i crash when i get to my character after the 3am patch you can't even log in it crashes loading the game.. Bravo
  • Options
    stahkerstahker Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Welcome to Neverwinter!

You can create an intro thread, if you wish, within the Moonstone Mask. There's no giant thread where all newcomers post, though. :)

As for must reads, we do have the Extended FAQ which has a lot of useful information about some of the big questions but nothing specific to the game itself. Those questions are likely best answered as they come up rather than in a giant guide. This is an MMO afterall and I suspect there are a lot of questions which have to be answered throughout the course of the game!

However we do have an Official Wiki which should help you out in those times but if that fails then feel free to ask here on the forums. :)

Kool Beanz! TYVM ambisinisterr , I took a quick looksy at the Moonstone Mask and that should keep me busy for now, Noticed that the stickies on the Moonstone Mask actually are about a couple few things off the top of my head I was thinking about and I'm impressed that Neverwinter has a functioning Official Wiki I'm a absolute junkie when it comes to following and understanding the lore to the games I get involved in (I tend to lean more towards the PvE than the PvP side of the games I like to play but I still PvP and such).
    Maintenance is all done, ahead of schedule! We'll see you in game.
    LOL So many things for me to do so little time to do them before diving head first into the game without "testing the waters" first.
  • Options
    ch1ll1ngch1ll1ng Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm about ready to give up on this game. I DL'd from steam and the .exe couldn't connect to the Patch Server until I had a friend send me their .exe and my firewall popped up asking for an exception for windows' file explorer so I did and that's when it finally connected. I turned off my firewall previously and the .exe still wouldn't connect which is weird because he DL'd the game from steam also. I even tried deleting the folder and re-DL'ing it and that still didn't work.

I also already have a Cryptic account from STO but neither the password for Neverwinter or my old Cryptic password would work to link my old STO ID to Neverwinter so now I have two "perfect" world user IDs. And on top of it, the updater wont connect to the patch server. When I choose the US proxy it doesn't "not connect" but it doesn't connect either, it just sits there.

I've heard decent things about NW but after days of not even being able to log in I'm about ready to give up on Cryptic/NW and their games forever.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Well, any online application is going to need you to allow it to connect to the internet.
    I am sorry you are having issues but it sounds like your system is blocking connections. Myself and my entire guild are logging on with absolutely no problem connecting to any of the systems.

As for the issues with accounts, yell at PWE. The reason I have two r's in my name is because of the issues involving the merger. The merge was less than smooth but that is something which occurred nearly two years ago (May 2012) and while the games had its issues the only one which gave me a headache was the account merger. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.