test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Tarmalune Trade Bar] - Please Make "Bound (Account)"

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
. . . . . Please make the Tarmalune Trade Bars bound to the Account instead. I've opened boxes unwittingly on several characters and now have small piles that I'll never use. It would be nice if these were bound to the account, now with the ability to mail account bound items, so we could send them all to one character.

. . . . . Star Trek Online already did this with their equivalent item, the Lobi Crystals. So, I am hoping the same can be done here now that we can mail Account Bound items to our alts on the same account.

. . . . . Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Totally support, wanted to post this myself and forgot!
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have a few bars that I got on another character accidentally (forgot to transfer keys over to the main character). It'd be nice if they'd transfer between account characters for sure. It'd work better that way than making the items purchased with the T.Bars BoA, imo.
    contents to be decided
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Trade bars being account bound would be great.
  • marcioohmarciooh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited December 2013
    Totally agree!!
    "Every online game requires more to give than it offers or it's not worth actually playing. Even though we all know this we still decide to play anyway."

:cool:
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh good God yes!
    Before I realized exactly how those Trade Bars worked I opened Boxes on whichever toon was my main at the moment. As I have given up on the Boxes completely now (made that decision early on) I would like to consolidate the piles onto one single character as well.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    While I have personally been super-careful to keep one character as the official box-opener, I think this would be a good quality of life change to make for players.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Agree. Don't mess with the boxes much myself. But a general move from character bound to account bound would be nice. And I can certainly see why being able to pool your tradebars together would be wanted.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This.
    A thousand times *this*!
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Easily doable. Snag the code from Star Trek Online that makes the Lobi Crystals account-bound. Done.
    Count my vote for this one, please.
  • kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also in full agreement with this.

:)
  • xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Totally agree with this... and like angrysprite said, it's been implemented in Star Trek Online for the Lobi Crystals.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree on the trade bars.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . Yeah, I was happy to see them do this with the STO equivalent Lobi Crystals. Hopefully we'll see the same here now that we can mail Account Bound items to our alts on the same account.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Moderator Note:
    . . . . . . Let's keep this about the [Tarmalune Trade Bar] item. Please feel free to start a new thread on the discussion of other item's bound state. Thanks!
    Section III - Prohibited Topics/Posts

Rule 3.11 - No Hijacking
    . . . . Taking control of another person's post to forward your own agenda will result in having your posts removed from that thread. Repeated hijackings can result in a ban from the forums/game.
  • korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited December 2013
    I agree I was a sad tiefling when I went to get a sinister tome for my CW with my tarmalune rich TR and found it was BOP.

Not hijacking just pointing out a issue I personally had because of tradebars being character bound.
  • cellanoid#1655 cellanoid Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Put me down on the agreement here. I was so happy when STO did this, this would make me even happier.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Signed

/10char
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited December 2013
    Easily doable. Snag the code from Star Trek Online that makes the Lobi Crystals account-bound. Done.
    Count my vote for this one, please.

There is no code to snag from STO for this. The Bind on X is just a flag on the stacks of Trade Bars. All that have to do would to run conversion script on their character database to set the flag.

Edit: Now that I think about that that would have been stupid way of implementing it. There is probably a master object table where the Bind On X flag is located. So all Cryptic would need to is to change that Trade Bar entry in the table to Bind on Account.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree 100% - made trade bars account-wide.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    I disagree!

...with anybody disagreeing.

Trade Bars and anything in the store which is BoP upon purchase should be BoA. :)
  • ulkaurulkaur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Setting a global quantity similar to zen would fix the issue. I've only ever opened lockboxes on my main as I don't want to feel trapped into buying keys to fix a mistake, but that is likely the hidden goal of BoP.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You can count me in on this as well. I only have a few bars on my first character but, as he may not be my main for much longer, it would be nice to transfer them. This would also make it more likely that I will buy keys in the future.
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please, please , please :)
    I'd love to amalgamate my stash of TB
    Same as others, I opened boxes on other characters before unserstanding how the boxes worked
    I would hazard to guess that many of the new STEAM players have done the same
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I so wish they would do this I have anywhere from 10 to 3000 spread all over between 10 characters and it's a giant pain. I wish I could consolidate them all on one Character to maximize buying items. What I started doing about a month ago (finally way to slow on this) is only opening boxes with one character to ensure all the bars are only in one spot from now on. Doesn't help all the ones that happened before though so agree 1000% please make this happen!
  • medievalmissmedievalmiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I totally agree on this! Please bind to account!
    ri80me.jpg
  • nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You have my vote,I have a few bars on each one,cant use them unless I can add them together.
  • julianalz55julianalz55 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I really love this idea, dont think it will harm someone, another suggestion, hope someone doesnt *****slap me for saying this, but maybe "seals" could be BoA too, since the drake and unicorn epic equips are not that good, and some pple like me just want them to transmute other gear, I think it will be a nice idea to make "Seals" BoA.
  • player7079player7079 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes totally agree, please make the bars account binding and thank you julianalz55, doing the seals too would actually make me turn them all in for something useful to my toons :P