test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voltomey's Survival Combat PvP Build

Comments

• hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I don't see anything non legit. The way I understand what you are saying is that if you have 3 HRs doing this, then you kill lots of people. Pretty much like having 3 CWs multi Sharding your team.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi Voltomey

Ty a lot, so I'll wait for the update.
    I will post on the http://mmominds.com your other guide.

Best regards
    Linkingirl
  • them1sterturtlethem1sterturtle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    V -

Thanks for doing this guide. Do you mind sharing what you put in all the enchantment gear slots?

Haven't really pvp'd....are companion active bonuses disabled for PVP too? For PVE which ones do you recommend for active and which companion for the one you call to level up/endgame with?

How well for PVE does this work overall? I really want one spec to focus on that is good for both.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So how does this do in PvE, particularly in soloing high level content in Sharandar/Dread Ring?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    So how does this do in PvE, particularly in soloing high level content in Sharandar/Dread Ring?

It works find for soloing content in dread ring and shurandar the only thing it dosent do well is dungeons so much going on in them so just carry thorn ward and split the sky and split shot away and you should be fine i am almost done revising it just simple gear do over as i find that i don't truly like any of the t2 armor set bonuses any more lol rather have more stats.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    voltomey wrote: »
    It works find for soloing content in dread ring and shurandar the only thing it dosent do well is dungeons so much going on in them so just carry thorn ward and split the sky and split shot away and you should be fine i am almost done revising it just s simple gear do over

Is the weakness in dungeons a lack of support/CC? Why does it not do so well in dungeons?
    Looking forward to the gear update, what is changing?

edited December 2013
    Is the weakness in dungeons a lack of support/CC? Why does it not do so well in dungeons?
    Looking forward to the gear update, what is changing?

ATM i finde melee for dungeons to be lackluster even with the forest ghost trick your not gonna out dps a TR in single dmg and even with clear the ground the dmg just doesn't compare to just sitting back and split shot spam while casting split the sky and thorn ward. Thats why i only melee when i am doing solo content or PvP in dungeons i use a ranged set up of thorn war and split the sky commanding shot disrupting shot and forest ghost.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    ATM i finde melee for dungeons to be lackluster even with the forest ghost trick your not gonna out dps a TR in single dmg and even with clear the ground the dmg just doesn't compare to just sitting back and split shot spam while casting split the sky and thorn ward. Thats why i only melee when i am doing solo content or PvP in dungeons i use a ranged set up of thorn war and split the sky commanding shot disrupting shot and forest ghost.

Gotcha, thanks.
    What gear are you changing? Upgrading to GG T2 PvP gear?

edited December 2013
    Gotcha, thanks.
    What gear are you changing? Upgrading to GG T2 PvP gear?

I am changing gear and enchantments i am using rank 7s now instead of rank 4s lo and i will be using a mix of Forest lord and Grand warden With Regen Rings i will post total stats and update the character sheet when i am done with my toon but you should hit the caps in most your stats with the armor mix.i will also be adding natures blessing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • syrisdavirus242syrisdavirus242 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited December 2013
    Hey V I am new to the game I rolled a hr for my 1st toon. Love the guide. As a human hr what would you or anyone else do with the 3 extra feat points in this build.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Looking at the build; bottom feat 2nd tier 3/3. Get 3% more damage every time you switch stances for 5s.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • syrisdavirus242syrisdavirus242 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited December 2013
    I was thinking that one or the at will dam increase. It's nice for ganking ppl who are engaged with another team member. I also started to use lone wolf if the other team is range heavy. Help not taking a lot of damage until I close on them.
    Dam phone and auto correct.
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Hey V,

I decided to switch up from my ranged set to combat last night. I just have 1 thing to say about it.

Wow.

I'm currently in the 40's bracket with my HR, and I went from where I was an easy roll to killing people. I still died. A lot. But I also don't have all the tools needed for the end of the game. That said, I was still eating people. I brought it PVE side and was still tearing things up. Solo'd the scoundrel hideout with the tough fight at the end and all the adds. Due to the setup with the daily, I was able to keep the boss floored and wipe out the things that kept adding in. It definitely takes a different style of playing. I'm using electric shot/clear the ground for my main melee attack. it helps to remove the area quickly.

In PVP, if I had any other melee in there with me, we would demolish stuff. I used hindering shot to put the heavy roots on and that made them so they couldn't dodge away. Fun times had by all. I'm excited to get fox shift!
    edited December 2013
    If your smart about your positioning and what you can handle you can do alot of dmg adding a vorpal enchantment make the dmg from fox shift even more incredible atm i am almost at the 50% crit mark i also started working lone wolf into the build haveing 55% dmg resistance and 30% deflection chance with High regen is beast is beast makes ranged player have a little bit more trouble trying to kill me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Still only 47. I was faltering because ranged wasn't keeping up with what was needed and I'd have to scramble to finish stuff off up in my face. I felt like a power house last night so I jumped 7 levels in 2 hours. I'm looking forward to what I can do end game. :)
    edited December 2013
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    Still only 47. I was faltering because ranged wasn't keeping up with what was needed and I'd have to scramble to finish stuff off up in my face. I felt like a power house last night so I jumped 7 levels in 2 hours. I'm looking forward to what I can do end game. :)

I am changing up my gear i find that theres not a 4 piece bonus thats efficient enough to make getting a full set justifiable so i am mixing forest lord and grand warden you get high amounts of deflection with forest lord and high crit grand warden the forest lord 2 piece is bonus of recovery so you dont have to slot any.get the regen rings btw the nobel beast one there soo good and make surviving a bit easier
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Are we sure Aspect Lone Wolf is working correctly or is it just not showing up in the stat menu?
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
    edited December 2013
    bananachef wrote: »
    Are we sure Aspect Lone Wolf is working correctly or is it just not showing up in the stat menu?

After testing its not showing up in the stats menu
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    My character is a high elf, was going for the fast recovery build. While stormstep + forest ghost does what it does, it'll be reduced in use. However when they fix it, the fast recovery is very nice. Even when not in the daily grip, I am seeing a nice increase in returns. I'll be doing a small derivative from your stats as a wood elf to get int 20, wis 20, dex higher.

I'll make sure to keep that in mind for the sets. My first set will probably be the PVP set, as I PVP a lot and I slot glory increase because the 5% movement increase I get from rank 5s utility darks doesn't seem worth it.
    edited December 2013
    My character is a high elf, was going for the fast recovery build. While stormstep + forest ghost does what it does, it'll be reduced in use. However when they fix it, the fast recovery is very nice. Even when not in the daily grip, I am seeing a nice increase in returns. I'll be doing a small derivative from your stats as a wood elf to get int 20, wis 20, dex higher.

I'll make sure to keep that in mind for the sets. My first set will probably be the PVP set, as I PVP a lot and I slot glory increase because the 5% movement increase I get from rank 5s utility darks doesn't seem worth it.
    when that forest ghost storm step bug gets fix yeah ill be looking at about 2k unsloted recovery to smile at any way i made more adjustments to the build i even put in my artifact choices
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    2k recovery is less than 1 second of CD reduction. I don't really think that it's worthwhile in classes without direct encounter reductions (like Fight On). Unless you are going for Archery and tier 2 Combat feat that reduces ranged ability per melee encounter.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
    edited December 2013
    2k recovery is less than 1 second of CD reduction. I don't really think that it's worthwhile in classes without direct encounter reductions (like Fight On). Unless you are going for Archery and tier 2 Combat feat that reduces ranged ability per melee encounter.
    I don't socket recovery it just happened to come on the gear and artifacts i use so... its a lovely bonus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013

2k recovery is around a 17% cd reduction so depending on the cd lenght it will be more or less, say a 20 sec cd will be reduced to 16.6 secs. way more than a second.

also, for fast cd reductions that recovery is better paired with high int so lets say a 20 int and 2k recovery toon would reduce cds by 17% + 10% = 27% so that previous 20 sec cd would now be 14.6 sec.

And dont forget recovery also equals ap gain, its an wasome stat to stack.
    edited December 2013
    ximae wrote: »
    2k recovery is around a 17% cd reduction so depending on the cd lenght it will be more or less, say a 20 sec cd will be reduced to 16.6 secs. way more than a second.

also, for fast cd reductions that recovery is better paired with high int so lets say a 20 int and 2k recovery toon would reduce cds by 17% + 10% = 27% so that previous 20 sec cd would now be 14.6 sec.

And dont forget recovery also equals ap gain, its an wasome stat to stack.

If only they moved prime crit to t1 archery lolz Recovery will also boost the 5 AP you gain from RT feat witch is also not bad to get 2k wurth with out having to slot it is a pretty good deal TBH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Hey V,

If you were gonna build from the ground up a pvp combat ranger, what race would you look at taking? Still go with wood elf, or would you pick up halfling or tiefling? I would think halfling for the deflect pump and tiefling for the extra burn down when they're low and start panicing to flee.
    edited December 2013
    Hey V,

If you were gonna build from the ground up a pvp combat ranger, what race would you look at taking? Still go with wood elf, or would you pick up halfling or tiefling? I would think halfling for the deflect pump and tiefling for the extra burn down when they're low and start panicing to flee.

Personally my choice of race was for looks lol Halfling will be able to hit 50% deflection easy but if your not halfling there are consumable's that can get you there. But if i had to pick i would go wood elf again lol.But a minimum of 30% deflection is all you need its the regen and healing this build gets that will save you. The deflection is just for fey thistle cheese
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • northe1northe1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey V,

Also would your starting stat roll recommendation change?
    edited December 2013
    Interesting.

I may go dwarf then. nice boost to con, although I won't put anything else in it. Reduces dots which helps a lot, and has the same resistance to movement stuff as halfling for CC. I know there are plenty of times that I've frustrated people with my dwarf DC, due to them trying to prone or punt me and I go... no where. :)
    edited December 2013
    northe1 wrote: »
    Also would your starting stat roll recommendation change?

For this build a higher con roll would have ben better thats why makes halfling are better at running builds like this they have the con for it makes it so you have to stack less hp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • northe1northe1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For this build a higher con roll would have ben better thats why makes halfling are better at running builds like this they have the con for it makes it so you have to stack less hp.
    In your ranger guide you list 2 recommended rolls a deflection roll and i think a higher con roll which do you think is better suited for this build?