test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My list of top Foundry adventure without any spoilers!

13»

Comments

• Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    As for downvoting my foundry. lol. I guess it's a good thing my foundry is long enough to avoid your wrath!
    Well lets not get into to personal. I don't hate you or your adventure(have not tried it). What I disliked(not hate that is to strong word) is that you gave me stress of getting better gs. I also do not like attitude of superiority or Elitism in that way even though I ask for gs myself that is meant so group do not wipe at dungeons.

Wrath interesting idea, but this is not real life. When I said vote down I meant likely not give 5 stars due to adventure length(66 min average adventure time The Silence of Haydenwick), but it still could get perhaps 4 stars from me if I consider it excellent otherwise.

As for the theme of the adventure Horror and the fact that I like the first original Resident Evil movie at least that much we share in taste so maybe it will get realistically perhaps 2-3 stars from me, but that remains to be seen.

Your adventue is not safe from my voting. You see my casual real life friend a Wizard with 9,2k is not a powergamer and likes Foundry. Yes he is very casual, player but when he plays(not often)then he can play usually 2-3 hours. I think you need to create a 4 hour long adventure that my casual real life friend would refuse to play it due to adventure length.

Ah an update by the way I noticed today that it costs gold(instead of AD) to remove enchants. Good! That change will make this game from extremely hardcore to slightly less hardcore. By the way this would not be the first hardcore game I have played and I played World of Warcraft for almost 4 years and maybe that is why I like Scarlet Monastery adventure so much roughly 4.25/5 stars in my taste and you can on purpose try to aggro many enemies in that adventure to get more challenge.
    xhrit wrote: »
    1/5 your quest did not suit my personal tastes.
    Hey I got positive news for you while I consider your adventure campaign roughly 3,5 stars(if I would vote now in Neverwinter you can not give half stars ==> 4 stars. However my casual real life friend does not like hard challenge so much and think your campaign is 4 stars very good! Therefore please feel proud of your campaign Tears of Selune.
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't understand why a long foundry would be cause to down-rate, you can see the duration before you enter and it has no effect on the quality. My longest is my highest average rated. A magical mystery tour which has only picked up one or two 3 stars and no 2 or 1 stars. I don't recommend it to you elewyndyl, it is everything you don't like, long, comedy, light on combat... and that's fine. Everyone has there own taste. Did you try the ones I suggested though? You didn't say.

Anyway, I think it is sad that the duration of quests are the way they are. I don't mean just you either. I understand why people will only want to play the short ones and that is because of the rewards. I am certain that many longer ones are being overlooked even though they have better ratings. That to me says the reward system needs some work.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    antonkyle wrote: »
    I don't understand why a long foundry would be cause to down-rate, you can see the duration before you enter and it has no effect on the quality. My longest is my highest average rated. A magical mystery tour which has only picked up one or two 3 stars and no 2 or 1 stars. I don't recommend it to you elewyndyl, it is everything you don't like, long, comedy, light on combat... and that's fine. Everyone has there own taste. Did you try the ones I suggested though? You didn't say.

Anyway, I think it is sad that the duration of quests are the way they are. I don't mean just you either. I understand why people will only want to play the short ones and that is because of the rewards. I am certain that many longer ones are being overlooked even though they have better ratings. That to me says the reward system needs some work.
    The campaign does not need to be short. You can have even 20 adventures in the same campaign and together it can be long. However unlike my casual friend I am powergamer and like AD and I think it is clever planning to split longer adventures into chapters.

Yes it would be interesting idea if Cryptic would change reward system so longer adventures give more reward. For example in PvP if you do well you are rewarded with 2/4 instead of 1/4.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    1/5 your quest did not suit my personal tastes.

I think it sad that an Author, a featured one at that would feel the need for such a post or rating. A pm with some pointers maybe. For the record I actually liked yours. Think I gave it a 4 or 5 star but had I not I wouldn't have rated it as it's hard enough to get on the lists as it is. In my mind authors should not rate because of personal tastes, they should look past taste and rate on the quality and like I said if the quality is bad then offer some help. That is what a community dose. But that is just my opinion.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    The campaign does not need to be short. You can have even 20 adventures in the same campaign and together it can be long. However unlike my casual friend I am powergamer and like AD and I think it is clever planning to split longer adventures into chapters.

Yes it would be interesting idea if Cryptic would change reward system so longer adventures give more reward. For example in PvP if you do well you are rewarded with 2/4 instead of 1/4.

I agree with splitting a longer quest into campaigns, which is what I have done but you are limited to 10 quests, my campaign has 8 planned parts. Also my Magical mystery tour (the long one) was my first and a learning curve for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I think it sad that an Author, a featured one at that would feel the need for such a post or rating. .
    I don't agree many Foundry creators also want to play other peoples Foundry adventures and they are entitled to give feedback or reviews. 1/5 stars is allowed to give and Silence of Haydenwick got it from him. I have given 1/5 stars myself, but very rarely and I will not mention them since this thread was meant from my perspective to be my top Foundry adventures.

No I have not tried other of your suggested adventures except Into the Underworld. I feel svamped honestly with suggestions and now it has gone so far that I get ingame mails that try this adventure. I have 3 characters that have all Lord Neverwinters Foundry bonus quest 8000 AD undone. It all has to do with expansion Shadowmantle and expansion progress, articfacts and getting better gear Valindras Tower, Gauntlgrym, PvP glory to artifact etc.

As for my casual real life friend he will likely play during this evening but the way it usually works is that I am the leader and he follows me so if I go to expansion area Shadowmantle or PvP then he follows.

On top of that I created a Ranger yesterday, but he is level 5 and I play very little with him. I am not a powerleveler and it will be 2014 before he becomes max level. Well likely after I have done the first mandatory get bag quest(there are 2 free bags from quests available) maybe I would be interested with my Ranger in Foundry when AD rewards are available.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I don't agree many Foundry creators also want to play other peoples Foundry adventures and they are entitled to give feedback or reviews.

No I have not tried other of your suggested adventures except into the Underworld. I feel svamped honestly now it has gone so far that I get ingame mails that try this adventure. I have 3 characters that have all Lord Neverwinters bonus quest 8000 AD undone. It all has to do with expansion, articfacts and getting better gear Valindras Tower, Gauntlgrym etc.

On top of that I created a Ranger yesterday, but he is level 5 and I play very little with him. I am not a powerleveler and it will be 2014 before he becomes max level. Well in theory after I have done the mandatory get bag quest maybe I would be interested with my Ranger in Foundry when AD rewards are available.

We will agree to disagree, maybe you should try promoting one yourself though.

As for the suggested ones, no worries. I just put them up because I thought you might like them, they have nothing to do with me other than I liked them. I know the feeling of feeling swamped. It's one of the things I enjoy about Neverwinter. There is always something to do. :)
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xhrit was being sarcasitic.

Also stop mentioning my foundry. I did say before that i would rather you not play it. And i mean it. I made it to be an adventure to be enjoyed by people who want an experience not for other external gains.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Funny thing, I read it as, aim your quest to take 20 mins. :D

To the op (and anyone looking for some quests):
    You should try Halgarth's Legacy @Ravshar NWS-DSTGFZHFR.
    Combat is great, it touches on horror and is in my opinion one of the strongest campaigns in the game. Each quest is about 20 mins long. There are 5, (maybe More now) The combat is not what I'd call epic but it is well balanced and suits the quests. I would put it at about the same level as tired of being the hero.

Another fantastic quest in my opinion is Arvest: Call to Arms @avistar001.
    Again it deals with the Horror theme, combat is slightly easier but the story and maps more than make up for this. I remember it taking about 20 mins.

I would place them both in my top five. Both could do with more plays as they have the ratings, just not the number of plays to be up there on the best tab.

I would say that both are best done solo and are very polished, so something to do while waiting on friends maybe.
    Ok gave Halgarth's Legacy campaign a try and played through first adventure with normal challenge level with my 12,5k Cleric since it suggested hard for 2 players.

Halgarth's Legacy(first adventure)
    + End had the only good plot twist.
    + Endfight had some challenge and I needed potions in that fight.
    + no bugs encountered.
    + good average game time within 15-30 minutes.
    + You can not get lost in this Dungeon it is impossible and Z pathfind works.
    - Boring! They spoil 95% of encounters with telling go to that room and kill...
    - not a natural Dungeon and not much care to environment given the only exception to that was
    perhaps the library.
    My vote: 2.75/5 average/ok(rounded up worth barely 3 stars if I have to vote ingame).

No offense, but after playing your Into the Underworld and this adventure it is clear to me we that we do not hold same subjective taste. Touches horror lol it did not take at any point a feeling of good horror for me. Ok it is hard to make it scary, but at least try to make it something else then boring. I lost my interest to play Foundry again immediately after this adventure.

EDIT. It is a GRIND for me to do the first campaign quests. However after noticing that boons raise gearscore I have very reluctantly began to do them. Average Foundry content is worse then those quests since reward does not match the effort.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Ok gave Halgarth's Legacy campaign a try and played through first adventure with normal challenge level with my 12,5k Cleric since it suggested hard for 2 players.

Halgarth's Legacy(first adventure)
    + End had the only good plot twist.
    + Endfight had some challenge and I needed potions in that fight.
    + no bugs encountered.
    + good average game time within 15-30 minutes.
    + You can not get lost in this Dungeon it is impossible and Z pathfind works.
    - Boring! They spoil 95% of encounters with telling go to that room and kill...
    - not a natural Dungeon and not much care to environment given the only exception to that was
    perhaps the library.
    My vote: 2.75/5 average/ok(rounded up worth barely 3 stars if I have to vote ingame).

No offense, but after playing your Into the Underworld and this adventure it is clear to me we that we do not hold same subjective taste. Touches horror lol it did not take at any point a feeling of good horror for me. Ok it is hard to make it scary, but at least try to make it something else then boring. I lost my interest to play Foundry again immediately after this adventure.

EDIT. It is a GRIND for me to do the first campaign quests. However after noticing that boons raise gearscore I have very reluctantly began to do them. Average Foundry content is worse then those quests since reward does not match the effort.

But you rave over Scarlet Library which is just a ... S##T grind and comes nowhere near the standard wow version or this this campaign. ( no offence to the author) basically you have no consistency and you seem intent on just arguing about quests.

and my Into the Underworld has 43 5 Stars, 39 4 stars 5 3 stars 0 2 stars and 1 1 star, hardly the 2 stars you rate it at. Maybe you should try being an author before you rate so lowley great quests.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    But you rave over Scarlet Library which is just a ... S##T grind and comes nowhere near the standard wow version or this this campaign. ( no offence to the author) basically you have no consistency and you seem intent on just arguing about quests.

and my Into the Underworld has 43 5 Stars, 39 4 stars 5 3 stars 0 2 stars and 1 1 star, hardly the 2 stars you rate it at. Maybe you should try being an author before you rate so lowley great quests.
    I did not rate your adventure in Neverwinter, but my estimate played it 80-90% but got disconnected. When I tried to continue to my horror it was impossible to do that. Therefore I have not given stars it in Neverwinter(in this thread I gave review 2,5 stars if I remember correctly) to it and it is not in my plans to try it and I get svamped with other suggestions of adventures. I wonder how many other players have tried your adventure and never finished it? Probably a lot because people sometimes need to quit for real life reasons also.

The way Scarlet Library appeals to me is Action/Hack/Slash and not horror or good story.
    1. Best played for not to highscore gs character.
    2. Challenge. You can on purpose aggro many enemies and it actually makes it faster and more interesting. Get aggro of at least 6+ enemies if solo and when I played it with my real life friend instead of solo we even had fights with 15-20 enemies. Point being run through many rooms get them attack you and finish them off.
    3. Loot drops are random true. However the share amount human opponents you have to be really unlucky if you do not get both 1-2 enchants and many ID scrolls through run and also useful healing potions.
    4. Challenge ENDBOSS. I actually have managed to die vs endboss very rarely of countless tries. If you have a NEW level 60 with less then 8k gear you might get killed OR if you are are not alert and do not pay attention/move. I let my casual friend solo endboss and it is not meant for 2 players.
    5. Graphic environment look very much like the WOW Dungeon Scarlet Monastery.
    6. There is not music in the adventure really, but the ambient sound of whispering voices when you go towards the endboss is perfect atmoshphere.
    7. Good average play time within 15-30 minutes.
    Scarlet Monastery is a solid 4/5 stars to me.

If you play it like lets kill them 2 and 2 then it will feel like grind and goes slowly. The big complaint with Scarlet Monastery I would give is that enemy AI of mobs do not work so well always sometimes they forget to attack etc., but since that might be feature of Neverwinter I have not blaimed the author and same enemy AI thing happens in Neverwinter quests also sometimes.

Finally no I am not a creator myself. I prefer to play and I have never said it is easy or fast to create a good adventure.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    My point was simply you should think about the authors that pour hours of work into there quests before you make comments like.

"but at least try to make it something else than boring. I lost my interest to play Foundry again immediately after this adventure."

It's just rude. We know we can't please everyone and like you said it's subjective opinions but to be told it's boring and you should at least try is just disheartening and authors don't deserve it.

Scarlet Library, you liked it and that's fine. I found it to be grindy and lacking in detail but I would still say it is better than a 2 star because it works well and has no faults/bugs. It would be fair to say it lacks any creativity what so ever and is just a copy of someone else's work. Anyone could do that why should it be praised? I could copy a wow quest in just a few short hours and it would do well and make lots of tips but I would have no pride in it whatever people thought of it.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    My point was simply you should think about the authors that pour hours of work into there quests before you make comments like.

"but at least try to make it something else than boring. I lost my interest to play Foundry again immediately after this adventure."

It's just rude. We know we can't please everyone and like you said it's subjective opinions but to be told it's boring and you should at least try is just disheartening and authors don't deserve it.

Scarlet Library, you liked it and that's fine. I found it to be grindy and lacking in detail but I would still say it is better than a 2 star because it works well and has no faults/bugs. It would be fair to say it lacks any creativity what so ever and is just a copy of someone else's work. Anyone could do that why should it be praised? I could copy a wow quest in just a few short hours and it would do well and make lots of tips but I would have no pride in it whatever people thought of it.
    When I said quit I meant quit at least for now that day. I have 3 more adventures more to play to get 12000 AD reward. I have been gentle sometimes also with my reviews actually. However that was in a case when a poster told his adventure is in BETA and I gave him feedback of bugs very diplomatically.

If you can not take criticism then my advice is do not suggest adventures in this thread. Well of course if someone would tell hey I have started remake Baldurs Gate and it is in BETA then I would expect bugs.

I want to try something different:
    boudiccia wrote: »
    Please try the Three Foundries listed in my signature. They all go together as part of a campaign called Claiming the Halfling District. Each one has a different flavor and feel and is meant to appeal to a variety of play styles. Each quest has its own custom maps and costumes.

The first one is a humorous story with a bit of a puzzle but the puzzle can be bypassed by fighting your way through a heavily guarded back door. Has some extra Easter eggs as well.
    Second mission has a lot of combat with adjustable difficulty.
    The third foundry is a mix of combat and humorous story. Has two different endings depending one what dialog you pick.

Please give them a try below. Thanks.
    Will do I actually started first adventure, but had to quit for real life reasons. I was never bored in it. It is also refreshing with a female author and what from I have seen this is from a smart female author who brings the right female atmosphere. Lots of female enemies in that adventure also and I encountered one fun scene. Well in theory from your profile I can not be 100 % sure you are female, but your adventure does have a nice footprint of female influence.
  • Options
    koboldfangkoboldfang Banned Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Will do I actually started first adventure, but had to quit for real life reasons. I was never bored in it. It is also refreshing with a female author and what from I have seen this is from a smart female author who brings the right female atmosphere. Lots of female enemies in that adventure also and I encountered one fun scene. Well in theory from your profile I can not be 100 % sure you are female, but your adventure does have a nice footprint of female influence.

You only said female six times in that paragraph. Now, I understand some of us are naturally attracted to females, but can we please judge quests on their own merits and not based on the gender of the author and the enemies in said adventure?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    koboldfang wrote: »
    You only said female six times in that paragraph. Now, I understand some of us are naturally attracted to females, but can we please judge quests on their own merits and not based on the gender of the author and the enemies in said adventure?
    Well yeah, but this adventure was very different. I meant it in a good way. I am not a racist due to race, gender or social status rich/poor.

I am attracted to females and yes that is also subjective taste. Why do you think I have ranked Bloody Pit Unchained so high that is among my top adventures?

I will not elevate a female author to high status due to the fact that she is female. but from I have seen in that adventure it is done by a smart female author. I have also given praise to Old Zeb and it is certainly not for the looks of old Zeb. Finally the enemies in the adventure she has made does not have so revealing armor/clothes that it can be compared to Bloody Pit adventure.

Enemies that I meet have a influence of my score and it will always have that. Among horror monsters I don't rank skeletons/zombies so high, but among my favorite enemies are: Werewolf(and other dangerous shapeshifters), Vampire and Succubus(female Demon) see link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBorAzrfU18
    and some other Demons can be cool(not imps and meant bigger Demons).

In addtion if the fight is going to be meant to be EPIC then of course a Dragon or Lich can be very cool opponents. These are all very common monsters in Neverwinter. I am sure Neverwinter can have other perhaps more rare cool opponents. Sometimes a party of NPC enemy players can be cool if they are tough and do teamwork.
  • Options
    leinahtanwcleinahtanwc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    How many of you have played Doomguides' Folly by chance? After seeing people go "I give you 1/5 because I want to", been getting quite a few of those now that I hit the best page :P

Best "negative" review I've received so far was: "I didn't get an item, **** you"

As for other "positive reviews", I am getting a lot of "AWESOME, good stuff!" - 3 stars...

Get all the way to a 4.30 average weighted and started hemorrhaging down to 4.25 due to the constant 3 and 4's, a lot of which are like "GOOD stuff!". :P
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well yeah, but this adventure was very different. I meant it in a good way. I am not a racist due to race, gender or social status rich/poor.

Finally I am attacted to females yes it is subjective taste. Why do you think I have ranked Bloody Pit Unchained so high that is among my top adventures?

I will not eleavate a female author to high status due to the fact that she is female but from I have seen in that adventure it is done by a smart female author. I have also given praise to Old Zeb and lol it is certainly not for the looks of old Zeb or physical attractiviness. Finally the enemies in the adventure she has made does not have so revealing armor/clothes that it can be compared to Bloody Pit adventure.

Just go play Zovya and Xhrit's quests if you want a more feminine atmosphere for your adventure. Though I admit Zovya's quests can be a bit chauvinistic with the whole enslaving women gimmick, which just made it more enjoyable imo.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    How many of you have played Doomguides' Folly by chance? After seeing people go "I give you 1/5 because I want to", been getting quite a few of those now that I hit the best page :P

Best "negative" review I've received so far was: "I didn't get an item, **** you"

As for other "positive reviews", I am getting a lot of "AWESOME, good stuff!" - 3 stars...

Get all the way to a 4.30 average weighted and started hemorrhaging down to 4.25 due to the constant 3 and 4's, a lot of which are like "GOOD stuff!". :P

Yeah, I used to get reviews like, "This is the best, most original, most innovative quest I have ever played! - 3 stars"

And then the mean old jelly monster stole the Hobbit's adjusted rating points in an attempt to make itself feel better.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Just go play Zovya and Xhrit's quests if you want a more feminine atmosphere for your adventure. Though I admit Zovya's quests can be a bit chauvinistic with the whole enslaving women gimmick, which just made it more enjoyable imo.
    Oh my god Xhrit is a female? You know I played through whole Tears of Selune campaign thinking it was made by a male author. Tears of Selune campaign almost made it to my top list I rated it 3,5 stars and my casual real life friend rated it to 4 stars.

I had to play less then 5 minutes in boudiccia halfling adventure to recognize it was made by a female. I have not played any of Zovya's quests yet.

Yeah despite my so called "pure" claims of "none racism" lol really whatever I liked the slave girls in Bloody Pit. Bloody Pit is based on Roman society/time and in old times they had slaves and I think it is natural since it is not modern world.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Oh my god Xhrit is a female? You know I played through whole Tears of Selune campaign thinking it was made by a male author. Tears of Selune campaign almost made it to my top list I rated it 3,5 stars and my casual real life friend rated it to 4 stars.

I had to play less then 5 minutes in boudiccia halfing adventure to recognize it was made by a female. I have not played any of Zovya's quests yet.

Last I heard, Zovya's second quest was broken. Not sure if she ever fixed it, but if you can find any of her quests they are worth playing. I can't verify Xhrit's gender, but I am pretty sure they are also female.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Last I heard, Zovya's second quest was broken. Not sure if she ever fixed it, but if you can find any of her quests they are worth playing. I can't verify Xhrit's gender, but I am pretty sure they are also female.

Um, no.

Neverwinter Podcast #188
    "Please join Ben aka Aroen and Brian aka Sir Brian, from NWN2 Realms of Trinity, and Nathan aka The Amethyst Dragon from the World of Aenea. as they interview the accomplished Neverwinter Foundry Author, xhrit. In this episode, they discuss his campaign series, Tears of Selune."
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Um, no.

Neverwinter Podcast #188
    "Please join Ben aka Aroen and Brian aka Sir Brian, from NWN2 Realms of Trinity, and Nathan aka The Amethyst Dragon from the World of Aenea. as they interview the accomplished Neverwinter Foundry Author, xhrit. In this episode, they discuss his campaign series, Tears of Selune."
    Well I thought so since I did not recognize a female footprint in Tears of Selune campaign. I bet Xhrit has very fun of the fact that koboldfang thought he was female:).
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Um, no.

Neverwinter Podcast #188

Thanks for the correction. Their avatar, quest, and posting style had me pretty convinced they were a chick. What about that Zbkolde person who runs Scribe's Enclave?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well I thought so since I did not recognize a female footprint in Tears of Selune campaign. I bet Xhrit has very fun of the fact that koboldfang thought he was female:).

Maybe they won't be too insulted. XD
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    while this is a good idea in theory, we still need to make sure we're following the forum rules of conduct and that means "if you can't say something nice, don't post it". that goes for one star reviews as well. those are better left to PMs with constructive criticism.

also, this sub forum is for individuals to advertise their own foundry quests. posting information that leads to another player could be construed as violating the defaming/naming & shaming rule especially if you're giving their foundry quest a low rating. i believe there was someone in this thread that didn't want the OP to review their quest in the first place.

thanks!
    Section I - Respect

. . . . We're here to have fun and to share information with each other. With so many different personalities gathered in one place, clashes are bound to happen now and then. But how one conducts oneself during these situations makes all the difference. While opinions are valued on the forums, please remember to respect each other and have discussions and not arguments. If you find yourself disagreeing with another member, think first and then calmly compose your words. Treat each other how you would like to be treated.

Rule 1.01 - Personal Attacks are Prohibited
    . . . . Any attack or degradation of another person or opinion will not be tolerated. General rule of thumb: if you think that what you are about to post is insulting, don't post it.

Rule 1.03 - Defaming and Naming & Shaming is Prohibited
    . . . . Blacklists and player defamation is not permitted. If you have something to report please submit a ticket. The forums are not the correct place to report bad behavior.
This discussion has been closed.