test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My list of top Foundry adventure without any spoilers!

Comments

• elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    antonkyle wrote: »
    I'm not disputing your thinking but it is worth mentioning that most authors would rather 0 stars to anything less than 4 stars. The reason is because of the way the adjusted rating works. If you vote 3.5 stars for a quest you think is good or 3 stars for ok/good then you are probably actually damaging the adjusted rating and lowering the position (if any) on the search tabs. Not something you would want for a quest you think is good.

If everyone rated the quests as you do then this would be less of a problem but they don't. For example many, many people will rate a quest based on the loot they get at the end regardless of what they thought of the quest. I have lost count of the amount 1 stars I have got with a comment like, great quest but no loot at the end. Something Authors are powerless to change.

I thought I would let you know and it's great that you and others give such feedback on the forums. It is a great way to share the quests you like.
    The loot is Astral Diamonds from Dayly Foundry and sometimes as max level from Lord of Neverwinter quest that gives 8000 AD. Possible also random Enchant drops etc. Finally loot can be considered alternative way to get exp during level up process OR if you want to level up a new NPC companion.

As for the rating system I told I meant mainly if I write a review on forums. It is not possible to give 2.5 star , 3.5 star or 4.5 star when gaming Neverwinter. In those cases I give 2.5 star rounded up to 3 star and 3.5 rounded up to 4 star or 4.5 star to 5 star in Neverwinter since it is not possible to give a half star. As for rating down something not my problem. If I think something is 2 star exactly then that is what I vote in Neverwinter.

However I can promise this. Very rarely do I give 1 star and I never give 1 star due to loot drops since I know the author can not control that.
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    thebriman wrote: »
    Aww, that is a shame, xhrit. I played your first couple quests a few months ago and remember liking that they were some of the few foundries that had some challenging combat. Been meaning to go back and play through the whole thing now that you have a few more, but haven't done lot of foundries lately. To be honest, one of the reasons I don't do as many foundries as I used to is that it seems that the combat in most foundries that I try is aimed at under-geared DCs, with isolated groups of 3 mobs and so much space in between that there is no chance of an accidental pull. I understand that this is to make them accessible to all, but since I'm usually playing either a reasonably well-geared TR or CW, I just end up bored.

Yeah, as a geared TR who runs w/ a geared CW I do enjoy the more challenging foundries - unfortunately however nublets downvote foundries if they are too hard, so for the sake of my book imp I nerfed the first few quests. The latter quests are a bit tougher though. The idea was to slowly ramp up the difficultly with more challenging content, both in terms of combat as well as story.

Stars don't matter anymore though, since my quest was featured this week and I beat the foundry. I am free to do anything creatively - I am beyond criticism now.
    edited November 2013
    If you are looking for a challenging foundry to solo, you can try one of my quests "The Lair of Kheneka" (There is an extreme challenge optional in there, that may be a bit hard to solo though.) Or "The Revenge of Athron'zal" (Select hard mode on "Warlord Haetharos" and I think you will find it to be a suitable challenge, the rest of the bosses are not easy either though.) Not trying to advertise (Well, ok, I kind of am.) but I tried to make some challenging bosses in those quests, trash is super easy by design though.
    Good news for you! You made it to my list of best Foundry adventures!
    The Lair of Kheneka
    Excellent challenge! I did this with one of my Hybrid PvE/PvP Clerics with gs 10.89k currently. If you go to the right from quest path you will find a trigger on the wall. It warns you that this content is not wise to do solo. I went there solo. Rushed in confident with healing potions. I got slaughtered. Second time I tried to use advanced tactics and figure out what to kill first etc. I won after a long fight. All fights after
    this optional sidething to rescue were more easy.
    + Challenge
    + Interesting enemy spells. I am not going to spoil it but you and your NPC companion can be affected
    by slightly funny spell.
    + 22 minutes average play time so not to short or to long adventure.
    + No annoying puzzles and 0 bugs found.
    Neutral: Since my Cleric is good healer the optional fight was time consuming.
    Neutral: This is hack/slash. If you want really deep story or much text this adventure will not have that.
    - The only complaint I have that there could be more variety in monsters.
    If you have 14k+ gear try charge to that optional room and kill them all! I rate this adventure to 4.5 stars excellent!

Note I had 8k gear when I wrote Tired of Being Hero had challenge. I have 10.89k now and I think the optional room has tough challenge.

The Revenge of Athron'zal
    This is the sequel by same author that did The Lair of Kheneka.
    + Nightmare challenge. I died 4 times(Hybrid PvE/pVP Cleric 10.89k) and used almost every healing potion of 32 potions that I had with me! More then 1 tough battle and this on Normal challenge level! I think I need better gearscore to do this on Hard challenge!
    + One of my favorite monsters. Unfortunately she was not showing much skin and had robes.
    Neutral: There is a hard way to do but sometimes more easy option if you look for it and are smart.
    - so tough for 10.89k gearscore that I almost felt blood taste in my mouth.
    - The design of the map has nothing beautiful and dull go open these seals. I have seen much better
    map designs.
    My rating: 4/5 stars Very Good!

Warning this map has no escape! if you enter this map with to little potions one way to leave is reguest GM help, stuck and Abandon mission to get to town.
  • bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    If possible you could give my second attempt at a Foundry quest a go - The Silver Sword (NW-DEIPWYISA). It should take about 35-40 mins depending on GS and how quickly you read. It also has some optional mobs that you can trigger to make it more challenging if you're so inclined.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    The Lair of Kheneka
    Excellent challenge! I did this with one of my Hybrid PvE/PvP Clerics with gs 10.89k currently. If you go to the right from quest path you will find a trigger on the wall. It warns you that this content is not wise to do solo. I went there solo. Rushed in confident with healing potions. I got slaughtered. Second time I tried to use advanced tactics and figure out what to kill first etc. I won after a long fight. All fights after
    + Challenge
    + Interesting enemy spells. I am not going to spoil it but you and your NPC companion can be affected
    by slightly funny spell.
    Neutral: This is hack/slash. If you want really deep story or much text this adventure will not have that.
    If you have 14k+ gear try charge to that optional room and kill them all! I rate this adventure to 4.5 stars excellent!

Note I had 8k gear when I wrote Tired of Being Hero had challenge. I have 10.89k now and I think the optional room has tough challenge.

+ Nightmare challenge. I died 4 times(Hybrid PvE/pVP Cleric 10.89k) and used almost every healing potion of 32 potions that I had with me! More then 1 tough battle and this on Normal challenge level! I think I need better gearscore to do this on Hard challenge!
    + One of my favorite monsters. Unfortunately she was not showing much skin and had robes.
    Neutral: There is a hard way to do but sometimes more easy option if you look for it and are smart.
    - The design of the map has nothing beautiful and dull go open these seals. I have seen much better
    map designs.

Warning this map has no escape! if you enter this map with to little potions one way to leave is reguest GM help, stuck and Abandon mission to get to town.

Thanks, there should be an escape for my quests at the end. If you need to leave before the end, there is a door button in the minimap that takes you out. I have had some bad experiences with abort exits so I don't really use them in my quests.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Average play time 42 minutes. This is on the border or limit of maximum time I am willing to try a Foundry adventure. I mean it is average time it could as well take even 50+ minutes. I think your adventure length is still ok I mean Cloak Tower: Cult of the Dragon was not short.

I will see if I can convince this weekend(friday, saturday or sunday) my real life friend who is level 57 Wizard to play this adventure with my Rogue that is level 59. During that adventure my Rogue would surely become level 60 but that is ok and my friend told me he will manage to solo to get to max level the last levels so that is not a problem. IF we play your adventure of course we will choose ELITE challenge!

Note that average duration is solo, so with a group of 2 or 3 you should be able to burn through the tome recovery portion pretty quickly thus cutting the average time way down.

I also just majorly enhanced the final encounter to try and properly scale it with three timed adds for Hard and Elite mode.
    I think I'm adding - Hard=Easy,Easy,Standard; Elite=Hard, 2xEasy, Hard.

I tested Hard with a Friendly Fighter Adventurer, and Elite with 2 Fighters and a Cleric Adventurer.

So definitely let me know how the final encounter goes -- and the tome search portion as well. :cool:
    edited November 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    So definitely let me know how the final encounter goes -- and the tome search portion as well. :cool:
    Well what happened yesterday night is this. My Rogue did with the Wizard PvP. My rogue was supreme best and got more then 7000 exp from one PvP and my Rogue became level 60. It is not only me who is good PvP player. Despite being 100% free player I have bought the fastest horse for 2500 ZEN with AD converted to ZEN and all my characters can use it and thus it helps in capturing nodes.

Anyway my Rogue got to level 60 from that PvP. Well I thought since what the heck my Cleric with less gs 10.2k had not yeah done the Foundry quest 4000 + 8000 AD Lord Neverwinter so I played your adventure with my Cleric 10.2k and Wizard friend level 58.

Unfortunately it reduced content to level 58. Well I chose ELITE mode. What I then did that on purpose did aggro mobs and the hottest moments we had over 40 enemies fighting us.

My Cleric did not die however my friend died couple of times. Unfortunately I got disconnected and could not return to the area since my friend was not near me. We decided to skip your adventure for now since it was so late and did together instead The Lair of Kheneka.

I will not write a full review until I have finished your adventure however as feedback I liked the mobs fights and we did find the first tome. My casual Wizard friend is now level 58. Understand this. Even with my advice/help my Wizard will likely get barely gs over 7k when max level. Depends on what character I choose to do it but I think Hard challenge is better for a newbie max level Wizard with about 7k gearscore.

Elite to be tried at max level then I want my friend to have at least 9k+ gearscore. Maybe it is not so hard IF you don't on purpose aggro 40+ enemies. Shortly said we want to do your adventure, but that will wait until my friend is max level because I don't want to fight level 58 mobs and on purpose aggro a horde of enemies.
    edited November 2013
    Well what happened yesterday night is this. My Rogue did with the Wizard PvP. My rogue was supreme best and got more then 7000 exp from one PvP and my Rogue became level 60. It is not only me who is good PvP player. Despite being 100% free player I have bought the fastest horse for 2500 ZEN with AD converted to ZEN and all my characters can use it and thus it helps in capturing nodes.

Anyway my Rogue got to level 60 from that PvP. Well I thought since what the heck my Cleric with less gs 10.2k had not yeah done the Foundry quest 4000 + 8000 AD Lord Neverwinter so I played your adventure with my Cleric 10.2k and Wizard friend level 58.

Unfortunately it reduced content to level 58. Well I chose ELITE mode. What I then did that on purpose did aggro mobs and the hottest moments we had over 40 enemies fighting us.

My Cleric did not die however my friend died couple of times. Unfortunately I got disconnected and could not return to the area since my friend was not near me. We decided to skip your adventure for now since it was so late and did together instead The Lair of Kheneka.

I will not write a full review until I have finished your adventure however as feedback I liked the mobs fights and we did find the first tome. My casual Wizard friend is now level 58. Understand this. Even with my advice/help my Wizard will likely get barely gs over 7k when max level. Depends on what character I choose to do it but I think Hard challenge is better for a newbie max level Wizard with about 7k gearscore.

Elite to be tried at max level then I want my friend to have at least 9k+ gearscore. Maybe it is not so hard IF you don't on purpose aggro 40+ enemies. Shortly said we want to do your adventure, but that will wait until my friend is max level because I don't want to fight level 58 mobs and on purpose aggro a horde of enemies.
    An update. Since I have given my friend task to SOLO slowly do level up from 58 to 60 and he is a very casual player I am now looking for solo adventures.

As you have seen I like horror but horror is NOT a must ingredient and I also like Action movies. Adventures that I usually don't like are full of puzzles or lots of parody or comedy.

My focus has been on devoping/getting better gearscore and since I have been so unlucky with Greed rolls I bought from AH a bit better equipment.

My Clerics have now: 11.2k gs and 10.2k gs and my Rogue has 8.3k gs currently. I need to earn lots of AD so please add suggestions of solo adventures and I prefer those that have 15 min -30 min average play time and not some long adventure as The Silence of Haydenwick lol 66 minutes average play time is way to much lol. I am a 100% free player and I do adventures also for AD reward.

Question could I ever think of playing a really long adventure? Maybe if it would be a classic like Baldurs Gate(why does not anyone make a remake?), but I would recommend that if anyone starts doing a project like Baldurs Gate it is better to divide into different areas and 30 minutes average play time adventures.

I think World of Warcraft Dungeons(adjust difficulty to 1 to 2 players great if there is a challenge level option choice) could also be good remakes. I love doing Scarlet Monastery adventure.

Final suggestion. I am sure some of you have read a good book, seen a movie or played something that could make a great Neverwinter adventure.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    An update. Since I have given my friend task to SOLO slowly do level up from 58 to 60 and he is a very casual player I am now looking for solo adventures.

As you have seen I like horror but horror is NOT a must ingredient and I also like Action movies. Adventures that I usually don't like are full of puzzles or lots of parody or comedy.

My focus has been on devoping/getting better gearscore and since I have been so unlucky with Greed rolls I bought from AH a bit better equipment.

My Clerics have now: 11.2k gs and 10.2k gs and my Rogue has 8.3k gs currently. I need to earn lots of AD so please add suggestions of solo adventures and I prefer those that have 15 min -30 min average play time and not some long adventure as The Silence of Haydenwick lol 66 minutes average play time is way to much lol. I am a 100% free player and I do adventures also for AD reward.

Question could I ever think of playing a really long adventure? Maybe if it would be a classic like Baldurs Gate(why does not anyone make a remake?), but I would recommend that if anyone starts doing a project like Baldurs Gate it is better to divide into different areas and 30 minutes average play time adventures.

I think World of Warcraft Dungeons(adjust difficulty to 1 to 2 players great if there is a challenge level option choice) could also be good remakes. I love doing Scarlet Monastery adventure.

Final suggestion. I am sure some of you have read a good book, seen a movie or played something that could make a great Neverwinter adventure.

Ravenloft...go check it out :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013

I have done a story of the sweeping arc like Baldur's Gate. I have 6 done two to go. If you do all side quest right now it is roughly five hours of content. It has NPC's, side quests growing story arc, basically what you would want in a single player game.

I will admitt as I am creating this by myself I make errors in grammar and occasional bugs, but its mostly a high rated(4.26) for the whole campaign. "And Justice For All."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    apocrs1980 wrote: »
    Ravenloft...go check it out :)
    CH1 first part got 4 star from me which is enough to get to my best Foundry adventure list.

Ravenloft Campaign
    CH1 Journey to Castle Barovia
    + Horrror theme. I will not tell major spoilers.
    + Occasionally good music.
    + Nice graphics and environment. The author has made an effort with making map good looking for the theme of this adventure.
    + Adventure was not short but not to long and did not feel boring though this is not a 15 min adventure.
    Neutral: I did not find any root or stuff to help me. My 11.2k Cleric was never even near to die so I wander if those people who complain it is hard challenge have less then 7k gear?.
    - I spent over 10 minutes searching for a powder keg which is necessary to continue
    the plot. The fuse was easy to find but the powder keg was not nearby.
    - The endfight despite the music did not feel so epic however it was not supposed to end in the first chapter.
    My vote: 4/5 very good adventure.
    edited December 2013
    boomba66 wrote: »
    I have done a story of the sweeping arc like Baldur's Gate. I have 6 done two to go. If you do all side quest right now it is roughly five hours of content. It has NPC's, side quests growing story arc, basically what you would want in a single player game.

I will admitt as I am creating this by myself I make errors in grammar and occasional bugs, but its mostly a high rated(4.26) for the whole campaign. "And Justice For All."
    It has really big shoes to fill if it is like Baldurs Gate. Baldurs Gate is 5+ stars for me not even possible to vote. You know it is very dangerous to compare to Baldurs Gate. I do not like most single player games including the Elder Scrolls games.

Your first adventure is less then 15 min a critical error to get me playing it. Remains to be see if I try your campaign and no promises.

Ravenloft The Hunger made by a different author
    + Horror and my favorite theme.
    + good story while it lasted.
    + 22 min average play time excellent!
    Neutral: Average map design.
    - lack of challenge and what is worse you can not even aggro on purpose many enemies to get even near decent challenge like in Scarlet Monastery
    - Did I mention this adventure lacks challenge? My 11,8k Cleric never needed any healing potion
    and the endfight was ridculous challenge. I will play test this with my Rogue with less gs at some
    point.
    My vote: 4/5 very good!
    edited December 2013
    The Lair of Kheneka
    + Challenge
    by slightly funny spell.

map designs.

An update to this. I have played these two adventures now with my Cleric that has less gs 10,5k and my casual real life friend who has a Wizard with 8,8k gs. Neither of us died in the first adventure above and only one big room had enough challenge for 2 players in that adventure.

However second adventure this time I chose HARD challenge in the Warlord room... it had 3 more or less challenging fights. My friend died in the endbattle in The Revenge of Athron'zal however we won that fight and my Cleric never died.

Conclusion if you don't have good 11k+ gs with your friend at least second adventure The Revenge of Athron'zal can be interesting and fairly challenging with Hard challenge level for 2 players.
    ---
    Old Magic quest

Finally we did start ELITE challenge level at Old Magic, but we choose to quit it since we got into the Dayly AD Dungeon Dread Vault and was less motivated to do that since Lord Neverwinter gave bonus AD.

There you see AD has priority over long or to short Foundry adventure for me. Second time tried to do Old Magic(and again did not finish it!) and while good I will give likely critisism of long adventure when I have finished it.

BUG REPORT!!! Due to bug in Neverwinter I have noticed that Guardian Fighters and Great Weapon Fighers have due to some odd bug 2000 extra gearscore! Therefore 10k Cleric gs is roughly 12k for the classes mentioned in this report.
    edited December 2013
    Old Magic quest
    ... and while good I will give likely critisism of long adventure when I have finished it.

Keep in mind it was an entrant in a Cryptic sponsored contest and one of the requirements was:
    "Aim for your missions to be ~30-45 minutes in length, ..."

The bulk of the time is the exploration of the zone to find the tomes -- with 2 people you should be able to burn through that in half the time, unless you both explore the buildings simultaneously (there are no hard mobs in them).
    edited December 2013
    Keep in mind it was an entrant in a Cryptic sponsored contest and one of the requirements was:

The bulk of the time is the exploration of the zone to find the tomes -- with 2 people you should be able to burn through that in half the time, unless you both explore the buildings simultaneously (there are no hard mobs in them).
    I am one of those players that also like HARD challenge in combat. Therefore nothing else then ELITE(hardest) challenge level is ok for me if doing your adventure Old Magic together with a friend. To be honest I did not naturally feel so much challenge even then but I did however on purpose aggro all nearby mobs and that made it good challenge.

Of course I could do your adventure with EASY challenge it will take less time but I don't like easy challenge. I am certainly not stupid and I am an engineer in Data-Communication however my favorite thing is not to think a lot in games unless it is strategy regarding combat.

Finding a way into the house took more then a few minutes for me and my friend and that is not the kind of content I am looking for. However I do give points for the clever way to get in, but I would rate that part as Neutral and not good in your adventure.

Lets see what score 1-5 stars I give it when it is totally done including the boss fight etc. but that will not happen until my very casual real life friend agrees to do it.

Cryptic may or may not give contests but that does not change the fact perfect time for Foundry adventure is 15 min -30 minutes to me. Of course if an adventure is really 5 star I would not care to leave it. Ravenloft first adventure was not short it took me more then 30 minutes to do it for me solo but it was so good that I was never bored. Ravenloft campaign is HORROR theme and I cannot change the fact that I like horror and yes it is subjective taste of course.
    edited December 2013
    Of course I could do your adventure with EASY challenge it will take less time but I don't like easy challenge. I am certainly not stupid and I am an engineer in Data-Communication however my favorite thing is not to think a lot in games unless it is strategy regarding combat.

That actually is a possible shortcut -- if you select Easy and burn thru the tome collection part, when you turn them all in and enter the sages workshop -- on the other side of his bed, hidden from view are 2 interactables -- one for an Elite mode token and one for a Hard mode token. Pickup one of those before speaking to the sage in his workshop and you'll get the hard or elite final encounter.
  • boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    After 17k plays it sadly bumps back and forth from 14-16 minutes. Mostly because most people skip the lore text which is the set up for the campaign. Mine is not essentially a single person RPG as I build a party through each chapter.

Its probably not for you as it is a very long quest series over 5 hours at this point. Was just inspired by Baldur's gate and takes some elements from it so thought you might enjoy it.

Have fun in your gaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Funny thing, I read it as, aim your quest to take 20 mins. :D

To the op (and anyone looking for some quests):
    You should try Halgarth's Legacy @Ravshar NWS-DSTGFZHFR.
    Combat is great, it touches on horror and is in my opinion one of the strongest campaigns in the game. Each quest is about 20 mins long. There are 5, (maybe More now) The combat is not what I'd call epic but it is well balanced and suits the quests. I would put it at about the same level as tired of being the hero.

Another fantastic quest in my opinion is Arvest: Call to Arms @avistar001.
    Again it deals with the Horror theme, combat is slightly easier but the story and maps more than make up for this. I remember it taking about 20 mins.

I would place them both in my top five. Both could do with more plays as they have the ratings, just not the number of plays to be up there on the best tab.

I would say that both are best done solo and are very polished, so something to do while waiting on friends maybe.
  • boudicciaboudiccia Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please try the Three Foundries listed in my signature. They all go together as part of a campaign called Claiming the Halfling District. Each one has a different flavor and feel and is meant to appeal to a variety of play styles. Each quest has its own custom maps and costumes.

The first one is a humorous story with a bit of a puzzle but the puzzle can be bypassed by fighting your way through a heavily guarded back door. Has some extra Easter eggs as well.
    Second mission has a lot of combat with adjustable difficulty.
    The third foundry is a mix of combat and humorous story. Has two different endings depending one what dialog you pick.

Please give them a try below. Thanks.
    Try my Foundry: Claiming the Halfling Quarter NW-DIRT5MWZH
    Sequel: The Return to Sloping Street NW-DACVPHGHW
    Part 3: The Merchant's Tower NW-DC3LB6TZ9
  • kellnaforiankellnaforian Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    To the Op, thank you for the great in-game review on quest 1 in my Campaign!

Kell
    Lands of Mirent Tusk
    Campaign: Lands of Mirent Tusk
    NWS-DITF6RXSK - All Daily Qualified

Q1 - Dungeons of Mirent Tusk - 16 minutes Featured
    Q2 - The Legend of Prince Brightblade - 30+m
    Q3 - The Legend of The Lady - 30m
    Q4 - Finding the Way -20m
    Q5 - King Mirent Tusk - 50m
    edited December 2013
    To the Op, thank you for the great in-game review on quest 1 in my Campaign!

Kell
    Lands of Mirent Tusk
    Yeah I was thinking that I should play a bit more of the Campaing before I begin to give reviews in the forum but here it goes. How much you can write in game review is limited. I am waiting that Lord Neverwinter gives bonus Foundry quest reward to play more of the campaign.

Lands of Mirent Tusk
    First adventure will update name at some point and right now servers are down.
    + Excellent challenge level. I died once with my Cleric with less gs 10,5k in the middle of the adventure and I learned to respect the adventure more. I won after that, but I had to really do my best and use healing potions. Endfight was also challenging and required me to drink healing potions though I did not die.
    + Good story. I like the way you got into it.
    + Some sexy female enemies my favorite kind.
    + Good map design and effects.
    + Challenge is generally so that when you explore you learn to be on your guard and prepared.
    + Excellent adventure length within 15-30 minutes range.
    My vote: 5/5 stars awesome!

This adventure and campaign is done by a Nevewinter Nights veteran creator(Persistent Online World) and the quality is excellent! I played myself on a few persistent worlds in Neverwinter Nights and I also played many adventure modules released by the community.

I know Foundry is limited more or less, but the quality in this adventure shows what a real wizard creator can do. Neverwinter Nights servers were usually no walk in the park challenge level as it should be.
  • kellnaforiankellnaforian Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wow, not sure how to respond to this kind of review. Thank you!

I go into these projects to create something that I would enjoy playing. It just so happens, that after reading your reviews, I thought the styles we have are similar. I also do not try to create something that caters to the masses. I enjoy playing a challenging game where each major (not just bosses) encounter requires attention to surroundings and some strategy.

Your comment about learning to be on your guard in my quests is certainly something I always try to achieve as this is one of the things I want to do to immerse a player in the quest/world I have created.

Based on your play style, I believe you would enjoy quest 3 and 4 as well. These are less than 30 minutes in length. Quest 2 is longer and people have enjoyed it. While I also enjoy it, something seems to be missing. I'm still working on it. It can take anywhere from 30-60 minutes to complete, depending on if you explore or not.

Quest 5 I am very proud of. A lot of time was spent on the final three maps of this adventure. However, first time run time could take an hour. I can run it in about 25 minutes. The final encounter is very challenging and I have not had enough feedback to determine if it is balanced yet.

Thank you again for the review of quest 1. I would prefer that each quest is individually scored and maybe a total score for the campaign. I did try to make each quest a stand alone adventure.

Q1-Dungeons of Mirent Tusk
    Q2-The Legend of Prince Brightblade
    Q3-The Legend of the Lady
    Q4-Finding the Way
    Q5-King Mirent Tusk - The Fallen

Kell
    Lands of Mirent Tusk
    NWS-DITF6RXSK - All Daily Qualified

Q1 - Dungeons of Mirent Tusk - 16 minutes Featured
    Q2 - The Legend of Prince Brightblade - 30+m
    Q3 - The Legend of The Lady - 30m
    Q4 - Finding the Way -20m
    Q5 - King Mirent Tusk - 50m
    edited December 2013
    Wow, not sure how to respond to this kind of review. Thank you!

I go into these projects to create something that I would enjoy playing. It just so happens, that after reading your reviews, I thought the styles we have are similar. I also do not try to create something that caters to the masses. I enjoy playing a challenging game where each major (not just bosses) encounter requires attention to surroundings and some strategy.

Your comment about learning to be on your guard in my quests is certainly something I always try to achieve as this is one of the things I want to do to immerse a player in the quest/world I have created.

Based on your play style, I believe you would enjoy quest 3 and 4 as well. These are less than 30 minutes in length. Quest 2 is longer and people have enjoyed it. While I also enjoy it, something seems to be missing. I'm still working on it. It can take anywhere from 30-60 minutes to complete, depending on if you explore or not.

Quest 5 I am very proud of. A lot of time was spent on the final three maps of this adventure. However, first time run time could take an hour. I can run it in about 25 minutes. The final encounter is very challenging and I have not had enough feedback to determine if it is balanced yet.

Thank you again for the review of quest 1. I would prefer that each quest is individually scored and maybe a total score for the campaign. I did try to make each quest a stand alone adventure.

Q1-Dungeons of Mirent Tusk
    Q2-The Legend of Prince Brightblade
    Q3-The Legend of the Lady
    Q4-Finding the Way
    Q5-King Mirent Tusk - The Fallen

Kell
    Lands of Mirent Tusk
    You have earned all the praise as best Founry adventure creator out there.

Unfortunatley due to real life reasons(you know deadlines etc.) I don't have time to play Neverwinter as much as I want and it seems for time being be very hectic.

One more thing due to the very HARDCORE process of Artifacts introduced I know officially state that I will postpone further Foundry adventure playing during this year 2013. I am a powerplayer to my deep soul and have played already Valindras Tower, but I still feel this game has taken very hardcore route with artifacts.

I don't complain about introduction of artifacts rather I state the fact that game has developed from fairly casual to very hardcore gear progression. My characters are not top gearscore and I am 100% free player, but I am trying to become ELITE gearscore.

It is know fact that Great Weapon Fighers and Guardian Fighters due to some reason(bug likely) get 2000 extra gearscore. Therefore my 12,1k gs Cleric is equal to 14,1k gs GF or GWF, but I am still not content and my other Cleric(more PvE oriented) and Rogue has not even near that gearscore as my top character.

I have met GF and GWF who refused to believe this that they get 2000 extra gearscore, but I know they are wrong and a 12k GF or GWF is equal to 10k Cleric, Ranger, Rogue or Wizard. Most people do not know this fact yet sadly.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have met GF and GWF who refused to believe this that they get 2000 extra gearscore, but I know they are wrong and a 12k GF or GWF is equal to 10k Cleric, Ranger, Rogue or Wizard. Most people do not know this fact yet sadly.

sigh...

well you have a long way to go, I have 15k GS clerics in my guild.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    edited December 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    sigh...

well you have a long way to go, I have 15k GS clerics in my guild.
    Yes 15k should be possible with introduction of artifacts and I don't stress that all my characters have to become that fast. I do however a bit try multitask raise gs for my characters.

As for good healers in Dungeons I have personally met pure PvP tank(DEX and CON maxed) Clerics with 13k that suck with healing even in Gauntlgrym dungeons lol.

I have done succesfully CN 4/4 and Valindras Tower so no it is not only about gearscore. My characters do well in both PvE and PvP. In PvP it helps that I have traded AD to ZEN and bought fastest horse mount.

I have seen powerlevelers Rangers that already have 12k+ gearscore. Since this game is buy to win also(voluntary I do no pay) I am not suprised. Still max level Ranger with less then 48 hours lol I got a real life and I have never been powerleveler in WOW either.

Finally it is about the Cleric build and playability I can beat easily most Clerics with 1k more gearscore out there so maybe 14k is enough for me to feel Elite. As a 100% free player I do NOT even dream about Rank 10 enchants lol.

Same thing with every class there are good and bad players. I have seen 12k Wizards solo take care of all adds in Gauntlgrym Dwarf King Dungeon. I have seen Wizards that have 13k-14k Wizards in same situation that whine that they need help and lots of healing.
    edited December 2013
    I feel that prices have gone from expensive to insanely expensive. I am not sure 15k will be reachable for me as free player. I checked on Auction House and to my horror prices have gone up.

This is an extremely expensive game if you try to get best items. Yes I have tried. Today I did Valindras Tower succesfully and Castle Never first boss but group was not strong enough to defeat second boss in Castle Never.

One more update the BUG that shows that Guardian Fighter and Great Weapon figthers has not gone away. I met a Guardian Fighter wth insane gearscore of 21000k. It means 15k Cleris = 21 k GF at least.
    edited December 2013
    its not a bug. Gear score is calculated by total sum of defensive and offensive stats. some classes get more from feats and skills and such. defense also has more value/points on armor. Gearscore means next to nothing to most players, atleast the important ones.

You obviously used exploit in valindra because I can barely do it with a group of full geared (greater or better enchants), and experienced players, if you cannot do 2nd boss in CN, where valindra takes a bit more coordination/prep work, and CN final boss is even more demanding.

anyways this is not the place to talk about such things so ill leave it at that.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    edited December 2013
    its not a bug. Gear score is calculated by total sum of defensive and offensive stats. some classes get more from feats and skills and such. defense also has more value/points on armor. Gearscore means next to nothing to most players, atleast the important ones.

You obviously used exploit in valindra because I can barely do it with a group of full geared (greater or better enchants), and experienced players, if you cannot do 2nd boss in CN, where valindra takes a bit more coordination/prep work, and CN final boss is even more demanding.

anyways this is not the place to talk about such things so ill leave it at that.
    Sigh I have done CN 4/4 before! I said today I played we other people that was not so good.
    You are right there is a bug in Valindra fight but that is not my proplem to fix. With expansion rogue can not open anymore boss doors as before at least in many Dungeons so I guess someone will fix sooner or later that bug that make Valindra fight more easy.

Oh yes it is bug or wrong since defense give Guardian so much gearscore. You have a nice Guild however my Guild does NOT do Dungeons together. Yes I have my real live friend but he is 9,2k Wizard. I also sometimes play with people again with people I know and I have "friends" in the game but my Guild does not do Dungeon together. Some people in that Guild like PvP but Dungeons we not do together.

"Gearscore means next to nothing to most players, atleast the important ones." Lol! I have seen people with bad gs I vote them out:). I mean really bad like they should not even try. Gearscore means a lot to people. I ask always what is your gs if someone what to join a Dungeon group.

Yes it is true gearscore is not all. Was that 21k Guardian Fighter really good? Lol I have sen 14-15k Guardian Fighter that are better. However if two good players play then gs does matter. I can not ask are you good player since everyone will tell yes. However I can check gs and vote out. Even better I can tell them before they join sorry your gearscore is not currently good enough for this Dungeon really.

EDIT! Oh now I know where this attitude of criticism and superiority comes from. You are the infamous same dude that posted:
    Don't play it then, I do not want to attract the wrong people, if you are looking for an alternative story and adventure to what we have available then play it, if you are just playing to burn through foundries I would rather those people stay away from mine!
    Well there comes Christmas holiday and then I might play some Foundry adventures. However you can be absolutely sure that likely your Silence of Haydenwick that has the ridiculous amount of 66 minutes average playing time is not among them. If I do play it 90% sure I will vote it down due to play time.
    edited December 2013
    Well there comes Christmas holiday and then I might play some Foundry adventures. However you can be absolutely sure that likely your Silence of Haydenwick that has the ridiculous amount of 66 minutes average playing time is not among them. If I do play it 90% sure I will vote it down due to play time.

Alot of my guildies won't play it due to the game length, so you are not alone there.

As for downvoting my foundry. lol. I guess it's a good thing my foundry is long enough to avoid your wrath!
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As for downvoting my foundry. lol. I guess it's a good thing my foundry is long enough to avoid your wrath!

1/5 your quest did not suit my personal tastes.
This discussion has been closed.