Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.10.20131120z.19

Comments

• Options
    dremazerdremazer Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    That totally doesn't answer their question of what's the point in having the feat anymore. And from what I can tell there isn't one. This feat is pretty much useless now with it being 3 times per minute. I'd like my points back, please!

+1 to this I Looked at all trees and choose to go that way just for it now its trash.
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dc is an healer, so is meant to heal ? xD
  • Options
    pieloniouspielonious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 33
    edited December 2013
    I see the courtly regalia feet got fixed! Thank you very much, NW team!
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    Dc is an healer, so is meant to heal ? xD
    Nope, it's to dps
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    candinho2 wrote: »
    Nope, it's to dps

Ouch, i have to rebuild my Dc so xD
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    Ouch, i have to rebuild my Dc so xD
    Just wait a few days, on the way it's going, soon will only be TR's on Neverwinter cause it's only class Crypt like and allow overpower!
    So u'll be useless soon
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They're nerfing Hr's damage because the game would be broken if there were two classes with broken game mechanics. It's bad enough rangers are the most squishy class, now the MAIN feat they get dps from will be nerfed. So happy I didn't waste any ad on mine. Gfk'nG:(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    cenomxcenomx Member Posts: 41
    edited December 2013
    candinho2 wrote: »
    lol like if u can "control" any monster with split shot kkk go to an dungeon and control the mobs with it, i'll love to see u doing it!!!!
    But, perma stealth TR's that can kill u while stealth, stealth bug that make TR imune to damage while active, cause it's "stealth" = invisible and not invulnerable, if a TR get on AOE skill it shoulb be unstealthed but it dont. so u still think HR's are OP?
    I dont see ppl complaining about that OP TR unkilleable, unstopable and 100% crit rate all time

HR's Owner wich likes Broken Stuff.
    I didn't say Split shot is a control spell. I'm talking about HR itself.

Split Shot is broken, its like 80% of the dmg on a Regular Dungeon's run. The encounters, can be used just to control. The mechanic of Split shot is just "Non-stop damage". As a Control Wizard, I have to aim, walk, do a lot of things to do DMG. For example: a simple rotation:

Chill Strike: On Target
    Steal Time: I have to Walk near the most mobs i can to stun/do dmg
    Sudden Storm: I have to walk for the best place, since its not a very high area of effect.
    Shard: I have to spawn the shard, aim and fire :p
    Opressive Force: I have to walk in the pack of mobs, trying to not get caugh by red circles and use it.

The HR of My Team:

Right Click of the mouse

Dmg: Same as mine.

HR just need to Click ~
    Other encounters are mostly of Control use.
    Don't try to be HUE.

I'm not saying that everything is fixed except HR.
    If you can use your eyes to read, I've said Even CW's are getting fixed a year after their Launch, why not HR's?
    Why not TR/GWF/DC? Learn about game mechanics before starting to complain on forums.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I will wait 4-5 patch to make a ranger, so i wont waste my point and i will get item not overpriced :D. For now, the only things they do is nerf power feats based on pvp. Like i told all the time, the pvp ruin the pve. So take a decision, make the game Pvp or pve because it's obviuos Cryptic you can't make both well.
  • Options
    dortialthemagedortialthemage Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I spend several weeks leveling rangers on the Test server, to find the Archer build that was going to suit my play style. I build a ranger based on crits, and then they patch it so that i only get the end feat "mastery of archery" at the most once every 20 seconds, which means more that you will see this twice a minute. Thats not what I would call "mastery of archery" getting a bonus crit twice a minute or even three times a min if you manage to crit exactly as the timer runs out from the 20 second cool down.

Did "mastery of archery" make rangers do more dps? sure but along the way they sacrifice other stats and abilities to do this. My ranger is not a tank, he doesn't have the health/deflection/defense to try and tank mob. He stands back and shoots things from a distance. And because he doesn't have the stats to stand there toe-to-toe with mobs and duke it out, I play him wisely to allow the tank to keep aggro.

Do rangers have an advantage in pvp? Sure, if your fighting someone else, and a ranger sees you he can unload from a distance, which works really well until the invisible rogue sneaks up behind you and 1-2 shots you and your dead.

The feat mastery of archery is supposed to be your "end game" feat. It is what you build your character for, it determines on how you build your character, not only in abilities, but in Powers and Feats as well. Getting one extra crit damage shot, that can happen 2-3 times a min at the most, is hardly an 'end game' feat.

My ranger with mostly blue items that I obtained for this feat, and with the limited epic gear that I have been able to get, (no HR drops yet in any dungeon), has about a 45% chance to crit. This build was designed around "master of archery" and now its no longer viable.
  • Options
    firenixzusfirenixzus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seems like a good update.. But a bigger neff for HR, liked when i made a combo with Rabid Fire and Aimed shot, Trigger it with RF and then AS. But can see thats over now :'( cus we need to use an encounter now.. big neff. Gess TR are still the bigger critters in the game still and highest dpm. with this neff ofc.
  • Options
    mechcountmechcount Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No CW Nerf. Come on Cryptic, you've got 4 classes that are good in PvP and no one wants in PvE and 2 classes that work fine in PvP and are required for PvE.

I guess "Why aren't you all playing Wizards and Clerics" is at least accurate for a game based on D&D
  • Options
    wired420wired420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Could the rest of you stop downloading the patch so I can finish faster? :P Lol. Every 50mb it stops for like 5 minutes.
  • Options
    firenixzusfirenixzus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Did "mastery of archery" make rangers do more dps? sure but along the way they sacrifice other stats and abilities to do this. My ranger is not a tank, he doesn't have the health/deflection/defense to try and tank mob. He stands back and shoots things from a distance. And because he doesn't have the stats to stand there toe-to-toe with mobs and duke it out, I play him wisely to allow the tank to keep aggro.

Do rangers have an advantage in pvp? Sure, if your fighting someone else, and a ranger sees you he can unload from a distance, which works really well until the invisible rogue sneaks up behind you and 1-2 shots you and your dead.

The feat mastery of archery is supposed to be your "end game" feat. It is what you build your character for, it determines on how you build your character, not only in abilities, but in Powers and Feats as well. Getting one extra crit damage shot, that can happen 2-3 times a min at the most, is hardly an 'end game' feat.

My ranger with mostly blue items that I obtained for this feat, and with the limited epic gear that I have been able to get, (no HR drops yet in any dungeon), has about a 45% chance to crit. This build was designed around "master of archery" and now its no longer viable.

Most aggre with this one. When lvling, my current lvl on live server 53, i allso build my HR as a Critter. but as i said before in my other post this is mainly over now.. Theres no point in make HR with crit chance
  • Options
    vhemvhem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I got a 60 ranger in full T2. I don't mind the nerf at all.

I was cheesing pvp hard usually having 20+ kills and critting everyone for what seemed to be about 80% of the time.

I'm using the crappy drake seal reward bow and out I've out dpsed everyone I've encountered in both premade and pug instances.

Look at the ranged tree, we get free crit severity and more crit every time we don't crit. We still get our free crit, albiet not once every 2 seconds.
  • Options
    kdblair210kdblair210 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    * No mention of fixing the AH for rangers in the tool bar
    * No mention of fixing the game stopping bugs/problems with the dungeon queues
    * No mention of fixing the looting / rolling bug
    * No mention of added sound to the Gateway and no option to permanently keep it off.
    * No mention of why there's no option AT ALL to turn off the sound on the mobile gateway page
  • Options
    dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
    edited December 2013
    alter44 wrote: »
    So now i can finally buy Zen through steam wallet?

You can purchase Zen using your Steam Wallet so long as you start the game from steam and you hit the Purchase Zen button while you're in-game. Let us know if you have any issues.

-Dwight
  • Options
    dortialthemagedortialthemage Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just logged into the game, and tried my HR in Sharandar and did not see the "master of archery" PROC come up once. Has the wording been removed so that we no longer see it?

Just to give other players an idea of the power/feats that are chosen by Archers, (ok, maybe just me) and what i use as my build.

Powers.
    Rapid shot, Asperct of the Falcon, Rain of Arrows, thorn ward, Aspect of the lone wolf.

Feats
    Weapon Mastery, Black Arrow, Correcting Aim, Snipers Aim, Prime Critical

These powers and feats all complement a "Crit build" that is designed to shoot things from a long distance away. Changing "master of Archery" makes this build no longer as effective as it was before, and it means that all the gear that im wearing that is critical chance gear, become less than helpful, as I should now be focusing on another build.

Congrats to the player who has full T2 gear, who out DPS's everyone else. I thought my HR was doing good damage, until I ran up against a well geared GWF who out DPS'd my HR by over 2 million in one dungeon run. Gear makes a huge difference, skill and character builds also make a difference.

23 Feat points, and 15 Power Points all spent with the intent of being able to crit as much as possible, to take advantage of the 'end game' feat which has been changed so drastically that it makes a "crit build a glass cannon that is now more glass than cannon.

Has there been any discussion, or how do we petition someone, that if you make a change this drastically to a class, that you offer a Respec token to that class? My DPS in dugneos with this change will be half of what it was.
  • Options
    mechcountmechcount Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You guys broke the ability to refine and upgrade enchantments that are in items, pretty much the only good thing to come out of mod 2
  • Options
    vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »
    You can purchase Zen using your Steam Wallet so long as you start the game from steam and you hit the Purchase Zen button while you're in-game. Let us know if you have any issues.

-Dwight

So if I download any game of Cryptic, than buy Zen trough that game and than I'm able to transfer it to Neverwinter?
    signature-lili.png
  • Options
    wzeroswzeros Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well definelly this game are now out of yours hands moredators administrator and game masters no fix the issue on graphics no fix the problema in gwf weapon mastery strike (GWF=dps/tank this skill need continue same dont cut the castings lolz REason alot of major pots wasted for that) and many of my friends quit from this game and now the play anothers because this game with the many manys problems is same to raiderz so stop try to see the wallet of the players and focus in do a good epic game if another do a question what game you prefer i will say Perfect World Games.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kdblair210 wrote: »
    * No mention of fixing the AH for rangers in the tool bar I don't play HR, so I wouldn't know about this one, but seems trivial.
    * No mention of fixing the game stopping bugs/problems with the dungeon queues They never mention exploit fixes, ever.
    * No mention of fixing the looting / rolling bug They never mention algorithms, ever.
    * No mention of added sound to the Gateway and no option to permanently keep it off. Look again, there's a little "Red" speaker below your toon name. Click on it to turn off sound.
    * No mention of why there's no option AT ALL to turn off the sound on the mobile gateway page See above.

The answers were too obvious to pass on with just a /facepalm alone.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    cenomx wrote: »
    Chill Strike: On Target
    Steal Time: I have to Walk near the most mobs i can to stun/do dmg
    Sudden Storm: I have to walk for the best place, since its not a very high area of effect.
    Shard: I have to spawn the shard, aim and fire :p
    Opressive Force: I have to walk in the pack of mobs, trying to not get caugh by red circles and use it.

My CW's rotation:

IT on tab so I can place where I want and effect multiple people where I want. Chill strike, which is ranged so can fire at will. fanning the flames, which is ranged and an instant hit so virtually impossible to dodge. Icy rays, which is ranged, target, then fire to root them so they can't go anywhere.

I hardly see where you picking skills that force you to move and my picking skills that make it so I don't, matter in this. Split shot basically does what chill strike does on tab. Only takes them longer to cast it.
  • Options
    nayeirnayeir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    im just curious why make master of archery bound only to encounters, it basically destroys the hunters damage capability vs multiple targets. up until shadowmantle all people wanted in there groups was 3 cws for dps in some cases 4 cws. the hunter changed that and added diversity back into the game and now that there getting a hard nerf like that you can count on the game reverting back to revolving solely around cws. the 20 seconds nerf is the only reasonable part about it .
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mechcount wrote: »
    You guys broke the ability to refine and upgrade enchantments that are in items, pretty much the only good thing to come out of mod 2

Yeah confirmed , can no longer refine or add RP to enchantments that are already slotted into gear anymore.
  • Options
    m0bi0sm0bi0s Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Yeah confirmed , can no longer refine or add RP to enchantments that are already slotted into gear anymore.

I dearly hope it is a bug that you can not refine your slotted enchantments any more and not an intentional money sink, that you have to remove them every time you want to upgrade?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    m0bi0s wrote: »
    I dearly hope it is a bug that you can not refine your slotted enchantments any more and not an intentional money sink, that you have to remove them every time you want to upgrade?

It's a bug. The thread about it in the bug report forum already has dev confirmation that it's under investigation.

Edit: And I mean, come on. Their blog about the new system highlighted refinement while slotted as a key feature of the new system. I realize it wouldn't be the only time something was changed that had been previously talked up, but at least not quite so soon or while the discussion about how awesome it is was so fresh.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    thalandrynthalandryn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am unable to refine enhancements that I already have equipped. It is now making me remove them before I refine and then put them back into my eq. Is this something new or a bug?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thalandryn wrote: »
    I am unable to refine enhancements that I already have equipped. It is now making me remove them before I refine and then put them back into my eq. Is this something new or a bug?

Read posts immediately before yours. Read bug report forum. Thank you.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    thalandrynthalandryn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Alright, thanks. Got a bit tired of scrolling through page after page and decided to post about it.
This discussion has been closed.