Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.10.20131120z.19

13»

Comments

• Options
    heatmanzheatmanz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please change your daily AD skirmish quest so that it is "complete any 3 skirmish" and not restricting it to specific skirmish event of my level range when I accepted the quest. To enter a skirmish event u need to fall within its level range and that serves as a restricting mechanism already. I hate it when I have completed 3 skirmish for the AD daily and upon leveling up (out of level range for the skirmish), I cannot turn in the AD daily which I have completed. Or when I have completed 2 out of 3 required skirmish, I leveled up and not able to enter that specific skirmish for the daily because my level is just 1 level higher than the maximum level range. Please change that. That <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me off.
  • Options
    kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I am not a Hunter Ranger, but if I was I would be really angry at you right now. Give them a free respec.
  • Options
    arisdreamlingarisdreamling Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    still no fix for all of us with the game crashing issue at pushing play! thanks another week of not playing
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    That totally doesn't answer their question of what's the point in having the feat anymore. And from what I can tell there isn't one. This feat is pretty much useless now with it being 3 times per minute. I'd like my points back, please!

If you are taking that long in a normal battle then something is wrong.
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's useless, why will they listen to us? They never did before.

They just tell us to accept the changes or leave.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hunter Ranger
    Feats: Master of Archery: When you crit with a ranged attack, guarantee that your next Encounter power will crit. This effect

Any reason for the So Soon Nerf?
    panderus wrote: »
    This particular feat was more of a bug fix as it caused a couple odd cases.

The DD chest is fixed, but the note was mixed up elsewhere. I added that in the notes, thanks!

That's not a "Bug fix" that's completely changing the damned feat!

The 20 sec cooldown seems reasonable, but only affecting encounter powers? That's just asinine I don't use Encounter powers for damage they are pretty much useless for that!
    Constricting shot / Split the Sky / Binding arrow These are my encounter setup and the damage for them is GARBAGE all my encounter powers are to set up my at-wills This feat is Useless to me now.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'll also air discontent over the Master of Archery nerf.

On the test server, my ranger had 41% critical hit chance at level 60. It gave me decent chances of making critical hits in the first place - Master of Archery merely supplemented that by making it so that I'd have an assured critical hit on every second arrow after I scored one.

It made a difference, surely, but how does the capstone feat for the combat tree not make a difference for melee rangers?

At the very least, make it as impactful as the capstone for the combat tree. And drop that 20 second cooldown thing - it's about one of the most unrewarding notion ever in your game mechanics (and likely why a great deal of people didn't like most of the Sharandar-introduced armor sets).

One equivalency feat idea could be "Manyshot", where you have the Archery capstone mirror that of the Combat one and make it so that there's 17% chance to strike twice. I'd take that anyday over that 20-second cooldown <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    ddmplagueddmplague Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, Waited for the Ranger class since the beta's. all the hopes I have had, and I am still confused by some of the decisions that the Dev's are making, I wont even go into them since they are pretty much all listed in this thread& others & I like to encourage peeps to use the forums. But I will say give it time. they will nerf, they will un-nerf, there will still be a lot of changes to the game, and none will make everyone happy, but I would have liked to see you fix the classes that have been out for a while first instead of jumping on the limited data you had from the Ranger class over this short period & see what developed. just saying it makes more sense.. but that's just me. and if we, the cash cow masses are still unhappy, Thank god for ESO this spring, running the Beta. its pretty awesome, but I thought that about NWO also seems every game goes thru these growing pains. and I have been playing a long long long time.
    Plague Out!
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    If you are taking that long in a normal battle then something is wrong.

Thus reinforcing the point that there is no point in having the feat anymore. Thanks!
  • Options
    badeacelraubadeacelrau Member Posts: 85
    edited December 2013
    I still cannot believe they completely redesign, COMPLETELY, a capstone feat and don't give players a free respec. My GWF received minor number tweaks and got a forced respec when module 2 went live. What is the logic in that?
  • Options
    kneelekneele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Cat companion now also gives additional Hit Points like other passive companions.

So...If i use a belt/ring that have +hp, it will add the hp bonus to my char?
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mod note: this thread has been cleaned up for the discussion of other games, threats to quit, disrespect, personal attacks and overall for a lack of constructive criticism. if what one is about to say is at all rude or insulting, then do not post it. it's that simple. if you had your post removed or moderated, you may want to review the rules of conduct. thank you.

do not reply to this post. instead, send us a PM if you would like to discuss it.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    kneele wrote: »
    The Cat companion now also gives additional Hit Points like other passive companions.

No fix on the companion slots either. The active companion and the stat-bonus companions are still not separated. Now all your companions have to be augment ones. Bye bye using an actual companion when completing easy dailies.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    marracenmarracen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So I couldn't wait to make a Ranger. In other mmo's the archer class was always my favorite, and had been sad to see there wasn't one here. The mod goes live, I spend a ton of time reading and figuring the best way to get the most out of the build. Sell off items and enchantments on my 60 gwf to build my new ranger. And you go and destroy the only path worth taking, as a ranger. If I wanted to be a melee class, I'd have made a TR. The weapon enchantment slot is on the bow, not the sword. Yes I know we still get the bonus, because some troll will point that out... But my point is, we are RANGER RANGE.. you, utterly, destroyed the range part. TR's can stay stealthed 99.9% of a fight and still do max damage along with that annoying stun, the ghost effect, blink, and their daily that, pretty nuch, insta kills anyone but a well geared GF, or DC. CW's get 3 blinks, can grab you from across a zone and kill you with out you getting a shot off, or blow you back across the zone, rinse and repeat. DC's.. don't get me started on immune immune immune.

After this patch, grasping root is all but useless. Just about any class can break it now. The que system is still broken, during DD I que into a group, we enter the dungeon and there's no mobs. The remote auction house still doesn't work. I would like not only a respec on my HR, but a return on the 1.5 million AD I spent building it around this, now useless end game spec.

How about fixing the bug that allows GWF's to use what ever they are using to warp up to enemies spawn point in pvp and wreak havok? And how about toning down the Sentinal GWF's ability to stand and fight 5 well geared people for an entire fight and never die. Yes, that is over powered at all.

You brought us a great class Cryptic, then destroyed it, thanks for that. Seems like a good time to re-visit some other games.
  • Options
    wzeroswzeros Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    candinho2 wrote: »
    It's useless, why will they listen to us? They never did before.

They just tell us to accept the changes or leave.

god fynally some here can read my mind you are rigth bro is this accept the changes or leave that is the theory of this company very bad for they only focus in if the game go down no interested on this just go for another new game and play there now wasted another $ and other more year and the game go bad again same history pufff
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kneele wrote: »

Yes, it should.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    marracenmarracen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    also potions of heroism no longer work
  • Options
    aaron0023aaron0023 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i need help my patch said it patching but it not
  • Options
    dresmith37dresmith37 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I really love the high level of excellence and thought that has gone into this game. I can't wait to spend more money on Neverwinter. Especially with the class surprise that seems to come out with every patch! It is so exciting. Cryptic really is the best company to have ever made a game.
  • Options
    aaron0023aaron0023 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i have a patch that doesnt want to complete
  • Options
    zyzz6078zyzz6078 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    game was working fine. now it doesnt even make it to the main menu without crashing or freezing. tried restarting and everything, dont really want to reinstall.. too lazyy...
This discussion has been closed.