test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW.10.20131120z.18 Shadowmantle Preview Patch Notes

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
NW.10.20131120z.18
Classes and Balance
  • General: Reviving another player when another revive succeeds will no longer leave players locked and unable to move until the second revive attempt finishes.
  • Control Wizard: Master of Flame: Feat Twisting Immolation: Fixed bug causing Combustive Action to not be extended by as much as tooltip said it should be.
  • Devoted Cleric: Class Feature Anointed Action: Now correctly activates when using Flame Strike or Hallowed Ground.
  • Hunter Ranger
    • Feats: Master of Archery: When you crit with a ranged attack, guarantee that your next Encounter power will crit. This effect cannot be triggered more than once every 20 seconds.
    • Feats: Master of Archery: Thorn Ward and Rain of Arrows now correctly triggerand use this feat.
    • Feats: Nature's Grasp: This feat can now be properly applied by Thorn Ward and Rain of Arrows.
    • Fox's Cunning: This power no longer grants Control Immunity. This was a hold over from an old version of the power and was not intended.
    • Rain of Arrows: This power can now correctly crit.
    • Storm Warden Paragon Path: Split the Sky: This power now properly gets damage bonuses from other sources.
  • Trickster Rogue: Smokebomb: Fixed issue where players who are immune to CC would still see the daze FX play on them.

Content and Environment
  • Dread Ring quests Contingency, Shatter, Pyrotechnics, Contact Other Plane, and Dismissal have had their party sharing disabled to avoid the quests getting stuck in a partially completed state.
  • Resolved a few cases where opening an Arcane Coffer did not properly give you credit for Seizing Power.
  • Valindra's Tower will now properly reward players with the Dungeon Delve event chest in all conditions now.

Enemies
  • Zulkir Baltreyo: When using smokebomb in the form of Xuna, will no longer play the daze FX on CC immune players.
  • Several Dread Ring enemies now have their health bars appear above their heads instead of in their heads.

Items and Economy
  • Aurora's Whole Realm Catalog shopkeeper now bows when being summoned and does not pop when interacted with.
  • Collections no longer refer to non existent set bonuses for Dread Ring item sets that do not have a set bonus.
  • Courtly Regalia displays feet!
  • Dread Ring item sets have received a couple costume fixes for lighting and clipping issues.
  • Hunter Ranger item sets have received a couple costume fixes for lighting and clipping issues.
  • Refining an artifact to the next rank now also increases the active power on that artifact. Existing artifacts upgraded will also be fixed as well.
  • The Cat companion now also gives additional Hit Points like other passive companions.
  • The Small Adventurers XP Booster now properly shows that it is Bind on Pickup.

Localization
  • Removed some erroneous cases of profanity that was blocking normal words and some Foundry quests.

Performance and Stability
  • Improved shader performance issues that occurred in the Dread Ring under certain conditions.
  • Resolved several client crashes that could occur in certain circumstances.

User Interface
  • Enchantments that only have a single rank no longer look as though they are Ready to Upgrade.
  • It is now more clear what enchantment is slotted into an item from the icon.
  • Resolved an alignment issue on item tooltip comparisons in rare cases.
  • Several charge style powers now display how long the charge is.
  • The Buy Zen button in the Zen Market better indicates whether it will take you to the website or open the Steam Wallet.
  • The graphics reset message will no longer repeatedly display after the first time.
  • There is now a warning that refining an artifact will bind it to you.

NW.10.20131120z.19
Content and Environment
  • The Dread Legion now properly awards Rough Astral Diamonds during the Skirmish event.

Items and Economy
  • The Rewards Claim Agent once again has the Hero of the North individual items to reclaim.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    Preview will be unlocked with these changes within an hour.

Update: .19 will be on Preview by 6PM
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hunter Ranger
    Feats: Master of Archery: When you crit with a ranged attack, guarantee that your next Encounter power will crit. This effect

Any reason for the So Soon Nerf?

and so far no fix for DD chest bug.... all i can Say is WOW.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    Hunter Ranger
    Feats: Master of Archery: When you crit with a ranged attack, guarantee that your next Encounter power will crit. This effect

and so far no fix for DD chest bug.... all i can Say is WOW.

This particular feat was more of a bug fix as it caused a couple odd cases.

The DD chest is fixed, but the note was mixed up elsewhere. I added that in the notes, thanks!
    edited December 2013
    panderus wrote: »

The DD chest is fixed, but the note was mixed up elsewhere. I added that in the notes, thanks!

Then i apologise for my Presumption
  • stev2510stev2510 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Preview will be unlocked within an hour ?. I'ts been 2 hours.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ****, was hoping for a fix for dazing striking not being able to be queued up while you are using duelists flurry. Really annoying bug, but guess I have to deal with it a little longer.
  • hendy69310hendy69310 Member Posts: 35
    edited December 2013
    please up artifact "emporium d'aurora "

300 movement ' useless
    300 bonus gold 'useless
    300 deflection ( good )

bonus activate useless
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Feats: Master of Archery: When you crit with a ranged attack, guarantee that your next Encounter power will crit. This effect cannot be triggered more than once every 20 seconds.

Eeek , I don't see this being taken well * grabs popcorn *
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hendy69310 wrote: »
    please up artifact "emporium d'aurora "

300 movement ' useless
    300 bonus gold 'useless
    300 deflection ( good )

bonus activate useless

If you think it's so useless, then don't use it. I get the impression other people like it just for fun.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mezbitmezbit Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Cat companion now also gives additional Hit Points like other passive companions.

Cat!!! Imakittykat. And I meowmeowmeow. And I meowmeowmeow.
  • hendy69310hendy69310 Member Posts: 35
    edited December 2013
    I did not know that the gold bonus was so low (5%)

and i need deflection
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hope you fixed that VT "thing" that I cannot post about, since it makes all VT items useless and impossible to sell :\
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Panderus , have you fixed the queue system or are you going to? , I don't know about on test but on live the dungeon queue is completely broken since module 2 launched , there have been numerous threads about it but no developer feedback as far as I know. Doesn't make much of a first impression to all the new players who joined with Shadowmantle...
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Fox's Cunning: This power no longer grants Control Immunity. This was a hold over from an old version of the power and was not intended

Great. Now the only hability that could the HR stand a lil more against a CW is useless. It was hard enough to fight IV GWFs, now its nearly impossible to stay alive. Well done.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • steamroler12steamroler12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok cool fixes, how about the Grappling Roots being Immune to Unstoppable and ITC ?
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    HR need at least some kind of Survival against Control effects the only other ability's we get that's makes us have CC immunity is a daily that roots us in place.We need something like A TR ItC or were just gonna be fodder now in PvP and PvE
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    @ Panderus

Any reason Why Valindra drops tier 1 Junk ? or why DD chest when it does work gave me an item that states it drops in Death forge not in Tier 2 Dungeon ?

Maybe worth removing the Vote to kick also seems like since it went live all people do is abuse it, good thing in theory in practice not so much
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Panderus , have you fixed the queue system or are you going to? , I don't know about on test but on live the dungeon queue is completely broken since module 2 launched , there have been numerous threads about it but no developer feedback as far as I know. Doesn't make much of a first impression to all the new players who joined with Shadowmantle...

I concur. Please fix the dungeon queue system. Even something temporary like making groups that have beaten the dungeon boss not be able to be joinable. I can't count how many I have queued up for and ended up in a completed dungeon. I'm sure there's more to it than that but that would be a good start!
  • nayeirnayeir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    im just curious why make master of archery bound only to encounters, it basically destroys the hunters damage capability vs multiple targets. up until shadowmantle all people wanted in there groups was 3 cws for dps in some cases 4 cws. the hunter changed that and added diversity back into the game and now that there getting a hard nerf like that you can count on the game reverting back to revolving solely around cws. the 20 seconds nerf is the only reasonable part about it
  • ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok cool fixes, how about the Grappling Roots being Immune to Unstoppable and ITC ?

I was gonna post that too. I was expecting this to be in the notes. What's up with that? It has to be a mistake. There's nothing worse than wasting my ITC trying to get out of this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when it doesn't work.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2013
    i hope this includes the vt exploit fix.

also adds from caskets and in malabog from vals portals ignore aggro table and GF can't intimi them. if it's developer intention to exclude GF from end-game dungeons, this is a good way insure it.
  • crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    voltomey wrote: »
    HR need at least some kind of Survival against Control effects the only other ability's we get that's makes us have CC immunity is a daily that roots us in place.We need something like A TR ItC or were just gonna be fodder now in PvP and PvE
    Me, as mainly a CW, just want to say that we CWs also only have a daily (also rooting us in place) that makes us shortly immune to CC. There is a reason we (CWs and now HRs) are ranged and have more dodges than other classes. Having also a CC immune encounter would surely be nice in PvE, but quite unbalanced in PvP.
    Maybe worth removing the Vote to kick also seems like since it went live all people do is abuse it, good thing in theory in practice not so much
    How do people abuse it? And do you really think that a vote system is worse than one troll / idiot party leader kicking everyone at the end of a dungeon?
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wait so the bug fix is to completely change how the feat works and make it significantly weaker?

Now I will concede that it is probably too strong at the moment, but reducing it to once every 20s and only for encounters is too far.

Ultimately this is my big concern, I see a lot of "bug fixes" where the "fix" is a significant change instead of a step by step change and evaluation.

For example why not put a 20s cooldown but otherwise leave Master Archer alone?
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So...not seeing any Foundry bug fixes listed, I'm going to assume all the following are still in effect:

Foundry UGC related bugs (? = unverified by me; !! = re-verified)

Detail Asset Issues
    edited December 2013
    Me, as mainly a CW, just want to say that we CWs also only have a daily (also rooting us in place) that makes us shortly immune to CC. There is a reason we (CWs and now HRs) are ranged and have more dodges than other classes. Having also a CC immune encounter would surely be nice in PvE, but quite unbalanced in PvP.

How do people abuse it? And do you really think that a vote system is worse than one troll / idiot party leader kicking everyone at the end of a dungeon?

How do people abuse it ? surely you aren't serious to even ask that question, Obvious Greed mentality

32 times yesterday i got kicked as we reached the last boss or first boss as they wanted a Range or when they were at the last boss and didnt want to take the chance i was a ninja and steal "there " loot. even though i have informed them i wont roll on it they still kick, problem with language also seems a lot people don't speak or read English

Today been kicked from 21 times in the last 6 hours

no way is the system working in a fair manner for us genuine people.
  • spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Cool, a fix to a smoke bomb. When we will see a fix to path of the blade? Also is ranger roots intended to go through CC immunities?
  • crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How do people abuse it ? surely you aren't serious to even ask that question, Obvious Greed mentality

32 times yesterday i got kicked as we reached the last boss or first boss as they wanted a Range or when they were at the last boss and didnt want to take the chance i was a ninja and steal "there " loot. even though i have informed them i wont roll on it they still kick, problem with language also seems a lot people don't speak or read English

Actually, I am serious. I only run with my guildmates, so I don't have the problems you describe. A vote system where the majority decides is fairer than having to bet on the courtesy of one player (= the party leader) - but it can't do anything against running with 3+ idiots who vote "yes" to your kick.
    If the kick-system would still be the old one, you probably still would've been kicked (except if you were the party leader), so I don't think your experience is an argument against the new system.
    Surely I understand your pain, but the new kick-system is not to blame - it's better than the old one; the idiots are to blame.
    I actually can't think of a fairer system than a majority vote to decide a kick - do you?
  • focusmanfocusman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

So how about I dont believe you, not the fact that you get kicked. But the fact you can run 21 dungeons in 6 hours. Which means 17 minutes for an entire dungeon. Or you mean you entered 21 times and got kicked straight away?

32 Dungeons, when reaching first or last boss. Wow dude.....how about I dont believe you and maybe the problem isnt the party but you?

This sounds maybe rude, but for me it is hard to believe. And if you can run to the endboss there must be a guild who accepts you, so as mentioned above....join a guild or play with friends.
    Wizard of Oz

Black Lotus

http://nl.twitch.tv/wixardofoz
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hunter Ranger

That's not a "Bug fix" that's completely changing the damned feat!

The 20 sec cooldown seems reasonable, but only affecting encounter powers? That's just asinine I don't use Encounter powers for damage they are pretty much useless for that!
    Constricting shot / Split the Sky / Binding arrow These are my encounter setup and the damage for them is GARBAGE all my encounter powers are to set up my at-wills This feat is Useless to me now.
    21.jpg
    edited December 2013
    Panderus

Out of curiosity is the Template for the Guardian Fighter Dread legion Sword scaled wrongly? it looks like a dagger than a Sword and an UGLY one at that :)
This discussion has been closed.