test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW.10.20131120z.18 Shadowmantle Preview Patch Notes

2»

Comments

• donblacksheepdonblacksheep Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Hello, I wanted to express my opinion about the preview patch notes.

If you change the Master of Archery on Hunter Ranger like you want, 20 seconds of cooldown, you are breaking the class on high level PvP, giving it 100% sure of not having chances on killing the real tanky players, or even beating the others on combat.

Your only real effective source of damage is slow animation casting at-will's, or being more specific its Aimed shot and Split shot. As a Hunter Ranger the ONLY way you could possible have a chance of killing a Rogue, Greater weapon figther or a cleric is WITH 3,4 crits on a row, which is extremly hard to get even with the Master of Archery, you will probably get your face owned by a Control Wizard 1vs1 as well.

This change can make the low class players with extremly bad gear, happy, but for the real high level PvP comunity of the game, you are just making the class worthless to replace with any other class on a team, because of the lack on utility/damage.
    Please think about us, the real PvP'ers on this game, changes like that are only making your real good players leave this game.
    Blacksheep - Trickster Rogue Forever <3
    Meatball - Control Wizard
    Criminal Cheater - Hunter Ranger

<Enemy Team> Guild Leader.
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    With the master of archery nerf u make a medicore class even worse.
    If u guys would play ur own game u'll may figure out that rapid shot is completly useless, since even splitshot does more singletarget dps.
    Hawkshot is useless aswell after ur ''fix'', befor that it was good on max range but still not a must have encounter.
    If u rly wanna go for that master of archery feat change, buff atleast ALL range encounters in dmg by atleast 20% to make up for that cuz right now every range encounter hits like a wet noodle and buff the **** rapid shot so that a singletarget at-will does more singletarget dmg than a bloody aoe at-will...
  • bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Seriously you are already breaking the new class?
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That's not a "Bug fix" that's completely changing the damned feat!

The 20 sec cooldown seems reasonable, but only affecting encounter powers? That's just asinine I don't use Encounter powers for damage they are pretty much useless for that!
    Constricting shot / Split the Sky / Binding arrow These are my encounter setup and the damage for them is GARBAGE all my encounter powers are to set up my at-wills This feat is Useless to me now.

I have to agree that's a NERF no matter which way you put it Panderus, Most hunters use there main split shot / Rapid for DPS the Encounters in terms of DPS are Useless, sorry to say but they are, they are for utility, binding, Slowing, etc class hasnt even been out for 2 weeks and all ready changing it keep 20 seconds but forget putting the encounter part there,

also you mentioned Rain of Arrows: This power can now correctly crit

can you do something about the AOE radius because as it is in Range stance its about as useful as doing Surgery with a welding torch.
  • maishomaimaishomai Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can somebody explain to me if there is a change pertains to DD chest loot? I run 7x of SP since with my Hunter Ranger yet why i have received random item which isn't suit for my class? I exactly received T2 Helm for Devoted Cleric instead :( This sucks! So hard to find helm for HR >.<
  • daemonstheredaemonsthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Just a remark : The fact that you don't fix the Valindra's Tower bugs (invisible walls, invisible portals, under texture fighting) is quite stunning. I thought, that would be the most alarming thing to fix.
    edited December 2013
    @ Panderus

Hunter Suggestions

I'm all for balance but to be honest your really affecting a new class rather early here is some suggestions i think would make the class more viable without giving it a huge boost,

* Rain of Arrows *

Increased radius to the same as Split the Sky lower the DPS by 25-30% ?
    (Perhaps add to the Ranks ? +5 feet Rank 2 + 5 Feet Rank 3)

* Thorn Ward *

As the tool tip suggests "enemies" not "Enemy" please make this AOE based
    (3 to 5 targets max with 3 targets for Rank 1, 4 for Rank 2 and 5 targets for Rank 3)
    I had originally though this was AOE but after much testing sees it affect one target only at a time

* Hindering Shot *
    Perhaps we can rework this to be a Slow Skill as for weak grasping roots is pretty useless on all mobs i've tried it on it didnt slow them down to any degree (perhaps this is bugged?)
    Initially - 20% slow for 3 seconds
    Rank 1 + +10% + 1 Second
    Rank 2 + +10% + 1 Second
    Rank 3 + +10% + 1 Second

* Hawk Shot *

Now this is pretty much a skill I think no one would use its function isn't really useful in anyway as DPS or Control,
    I had a thought the other day where i thought " you know what this is the First Ranger/Hunter i have seen with no one bleed or venom skill, could we perhaps rename this to Venom Shot

Venom Shot

Rank 1 Adds Damage over time for 6 seconds (lets say similar DPs to dishearting strike 800-900 Per Tick normal Hit)
    Rank 2 + 4 Seconds
    Rank 3 + 4 Seconds

Just some Suggestions

What do you guys and girls think
    edited December 2013
    focusman wrote: »
    So how about I dont believe you, not the fact that you get kicked. But the fact you can run 21 dungeons in 6 hours. Which means 17 minutes for an entire dungeon. Or you mean you entered 21 times and got kicked straight away?

32 Dungeons, when reaching first or last boss. Wow dude.....how about I dont believe you and maybe the problem isnt the party but you?

This sounds maybe rude, but for me it is hard to believe. And if you can run to the endboss there must be a guild who accepts you, so as mentioned above....join a guild or play with friends.

I'm guessing your not the brightest Person in the community, huh?

I stated Kicked 21 times i didn't say we attempted 21 times in 6 hours even i could do the basic maths to see that is impossible to do considering one run is a good 45 mins ? maybe 35 if your really focused god i hope your still in High School if not Heaven help your Offspring.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    focusman wrote: »
    So how about I dont believe you, not the fact that you get kicked. But the fact you can run 21 dungeons in 6 hours. Which means 17 minutes for an entire dungeon. Or you mean you entered 21 times and got kicked straight away?

I also find this difficult to believe due to the LFG tool being completely broken since the Shadowmantle patch , unless he means he is being kicked by premades which is the only reliable way to enter dungeons at the moment.

I'm guessing your not the brightest Person in the community, huh?

I stated Kicked 21 times i didn't say we attempted 21 times in 6 hours even i could do the basic maths to see that is impossible to do considering one run is a good 45 mins ? maybe 35 if your really focused god i hope your still in High School if not Heaven help your Offspring.
    How do people abuse it ? surely you aren't serious to even ask that question, Obvious Greed mentality

32 times yesterday i got kicked as we reached the last boss or first boss as they wanted a Range or when they were at the last boss and didnt want to take the chance i was a ninja and steal "there " loot. even though i have informed them i wont roll on it they still kick, problem with language also seems a lot people don't speak or read English

Today been kicked from 21 times in the last 6 hours

no way is the system working in a fair manner for us genuine people.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hendy69310 wrote: »
    please up artifact "emporium d'aurora "

300 movement ' useless
    300 bonus gold 'useless
    300 deflection ( good )

bonus activate useless

100% agree here... Really useless artifact...

Maybe 400 movement
    300 stamina regen
    300 deflection

something like that would be alot better.... Basically everyone is running the same 3 artifacts atm...

also would REALLY REALLY be nice to see where the "quest" artifacts (waters/lantern etc) drop from, currently it only says quest item, but it can also drop from places as well..
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Feats: Master of Archery: When you crit with a ranged attack, guarantee that your next Encounter power will crit with 20% more crit severity. This effect cannot be triggered more than once every 20 seconds.

Bring this in and we are all happy!
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    Feats: Master of Archery: When you crit with a ranged attack, guarantee that your next Encounter power will crit with 20% more crit severity. This effect cannot be triggered more than once every 20 seconds.

Bring this in and we are all happy!

You need to post this on the live patch notes , the HR nerf to Master of archery was in today's live patch . (incase you didn't already know)
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    NW.10.20131120z.18
    Localization
    • Removed some erroneous cases of profanity that was blocking normal words and some Foundry quests.

Fail.

English language quests are filtering FRENCH profanities (probably ALL languages -- there likely is NO localization of profanity filter).
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    system for kicking voting is wonderful in my opinion. I still have not seen a "victim" of the system that do not deserve the shot, though, often can occur in anyone being kicked for not being in class x or simply not performing well.

the only problem now seems to me with the queuing system. Apart from all the problems, I think there should be an option where the player could pick up would enter a dungeon from the beginning or another already in progress (preferably showing how this dungeon is advanced).

I have no idea how hard it is to program it, but whatever.

obs: gwf / destroyer is very good now for pve, but turned dragon food. every time the wretched beast throws us away, even in unstoppable mode.

obs2:always use when crescendo against the last boss of dread vault, I'm teleported back. I do not know if the gf / swordmaster has the same problem.
  • jack69assjack69ass Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Master of Archery nerf is really disappointing.. Please dont go into nerfing so quickly after some immature PVPers complain they cant kill a certain class.. or PVErs that play a HR all the way up to lvl 15, and think its OP..
This discussion has been closed.