test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

7 day invoking box

azudiiazudii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi

Anybody else think that the recent changes to the 7 day invoking box suck? half the chance of getting a ward and make them bound items... or pay 1,000 zen in the shop for a coalescent ward .... a complete rip off.. the changes to the fusing enchantments are clearly designed to burn up your ADs and bleed you for more cash... not impressed.
Post edited by azudii on

Comments

• alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited December 2013
    incoming a huge turn of prices on wards in AH stay tuned the invocation stuff is bounded :rolleyes:
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    incoming a huge turn of prices on wards in AH stay tuned the invocation stuff is bounded :rolleyes:

Are enchantments made with BOUND wards automatically bound as well?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Are enchantments made with BOUND wards automatically bound as well?

No, they are not.
    edited December 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    No, they are not.

Thanks - seeing they are apparently so rare now I didn't want to (potentially) waste one to find out for certain :)
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Thanks - seeing they are apparently so rare now I didn't want to (potentially) waste one to find out for certain :)

Well, there is always the preview server for that. Though it is down at the moment.
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    BTW they come in the 7 day invoking box guaranteed , only a chance for a ward in the 5 day box .

Actually they Do not come guaranteed. Over 5 Toons. I got 2 Green Wards. The other 3 had some Gems for enchantment progression - 500 Points I think.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
    edited December 2013
    Well, there is always the preview server for that. Though it is down at the moment.

Yes, good point - I must remember that.
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wrong thread
  • stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I noticed that the number of coal wards I was getting dropped dramatically. Not that I got a huge number but with 5 characters doing the daily invoke, I got none for about a month. I think I've had one in a month and a half.

To date I've not tracked it I may keep a note in future, starting with the next time I get a coal ward.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't know if the odds actually dropped or not. I have gotten 2 coalescents and 3 preservation wards since module 2 rolled out. (This is with 8 characters invoking daily.) But, "random is random" applies equally to both sides of the drop rate debate.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . I've gotten one Coalescent Ward so far since the changes. It will be at least a month or so before I can tell if there is any significant change because I would usually get between 1 to 3 Coalescent Wards per week from all my characters. Noting of such though may now be inaccurate because I have 5 more characters than I did before. I had 8 characters before that could pray and now I have 13. I'm really not sure how anyone can come to the conclusion that the chances have actually changed yet, as such an estimation would take several weeks to make one worth any credibility.
  • haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Coalescent Ward prices have been sliding back down lately (They were around 150k, this morning they're at 120k). I don't think this is because the supply is being made up from other sources (could be a bit though, with all the trade bars being generated right now) so much as the demand for them dropping. I believe that's the case at the moment to the blue-grade marks being much more of a bottleneck in the upgrading process.
  • radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I Find if you are going to spend 1000 Zen on a blue Coal in the Zen Market, you are way better off purchasing Keys and opening chests as you get a chunk of tamarine bars (not sure of the spelling) and can easily rack up 200 of them to purchase the coal at the Trade Bar Vendor. On top of that you score some useful and not so useful item form the lockbox. That is what I do. Not sure if the blue coals are bound or not as I use them and never sell them.
    edited December 2013
    radiick507 wrote: »
    I Find if you are going to spend 1000 Zen on a blue Coal in the Zen Market, you are way better off purchasing Keys and opening chests as you get a chunk of tamarine bars (not sure of the spelling) and can easily rack up 200 of them to purchase the coal at the Trade Bar Vendor. On top of that you score some useful and not so useful item form the lockbox. That is what I do. Not sure if the blue coals are bound or not as I use them and never sell them.

The only ones that are bound are the ones from invoking. Ones from trade bars and the zen store can be sold.
  • noxisstnoxisst Member Posts: 105
    edited December 2013
    If anything, I would guess the price of coal wards to go lower than before module 2. Most of AH wards come from trade bars. Those lockboxes are opened none stop, and most people trade their bars for Coal wards because they are easy AD. Now that Weapon/Armor enchants require 90% less coal wards to progress from lesser to perfect, the demand will go way down.

It's unfortunate for anyone that used to sell their coal wards from prayer boxes as this is no longer an option. And if they ever do make the trade bar coals BoP, then the price for coals will easily tripple, if not more.
    "If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly" -- Walter White
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    When did the "bound" happen??? Patch notes say content is bound, not the coffers themself -.- that sucks really if it's true...

Vault of Piety: The contents of the Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation are now Bind on Account. They can be sent to other characters on the same account via in-game mail, but may no longer be traded in person or on the Auction House.
  • stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    When did the "bound" happen??? Patch notes say content is bound, not the coffers themself -.- that sucks really if it's true...

Vault of Piety: The contents of the Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation are now Bind on Account. They can be sent to other characters on the same account via in-game mail, but may no longer be traded in person or on the Auction House.

Account-bound is meaningless as there is no means to actually give an account-bound item to another character in your account. Unless something has suddenly changed that I've missed. Which would be awesome as I've got account-bound items with no way to give them to the toon that actually needs them.

Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
    edited December 2013
    Account-bound is meaningless as there is no means to actually give an account-bound item to another character in your account. Unless something has suddenly changed that I've missed. Which would be awesome as I've got account-bound items with no way to give them to the toon that actually needs them.

It was changed with module 2 when this change was introduced. You can mail account bound items to yourself.
    edited December 2013
    It was changed with module 2 when this change was introduced. You can mail account bound items to yourself.

AWESOME. Cheers. Got some stuff that will go in the mail tonight. I completely missed that little tidbit :)

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013

And what is the point of them making the contents BoA if they didn't do the same for the coffers themselves? Hmm?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The reduction in coalescent wards doesn't bother me, given the falling AH price, as much as the refinement gems you can get in their place are basically terrible. I'd rather have the presevation wards over the refinement gems. I can easily farm refinement points to match the refinement gems in minutes. I can't get my hands on coalescents or preservation wards that way though.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • serpentsminion72serpentsminion72 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah- big thanks to the Devs for stickin it to us on these Coffers. A giant part of the revamp on the fusion system as well as the content release of Mod 2 was to serve as a misdirection campaign to take people's attention off the fact that they totally dorked us on these coalescent wards. The timing on that tidbit was like a piggyback-bill. I've opened quite a few of those coffers since rollout, and so have several of my buddies and none of us have seen a single Coalescent. All we're getting now are those crummy peridots, and one says he got some Aquamarine gem so far. So now the drop rate generators have to split our chances of getting the good item more ways on the same hit with all these new sub-par, mostly useless and also BOUND items. Even Pres wards. Everything. We were all averaging at least 1 or 2 a week between all our characters.

Was never able to finish off fusing together the two greater enchants I had all the shards saved for to put on two of my characters before all this happened. So now putting together just a greater enchantment, let alone imagine if someone wants to try to put togtether a perfect- can cost over 150 bucks realworld-cash with those things priced at 10 dollars a pop in the Zen store. Oh and not to mention the Marks needed being nearly unobtainable due to their rarity in drops and insane expense in AD from the auction or WB vendors... (and DON'T try to throw the whole 'Oh, but you can still get them from the Tarmalune vendor for 200 bars apiece... blah blah blah... the number of keys you have to blow getting junk rocks to buildup enough bars is- yeah...)

I can understand them wanting to combat the farmer-site outfits that have cubicle-sweatshop minions who run 30 or 50 or a hundred accounts a week ripping people off on the auction or selling out-of-game for C-wards or epic level enchants. But WHY design the system to punish all of us?? The illegitimate digital game currency industry is wretched. Ruins alot of sh** for us.

The new system and binding are terrible. And being able to feed runes with different runes to upgrade (and the point buildup on the refinement bar is way too low- I literally emptied a whole greater holding bag full of various enchantments into another enchantment to try and upgrade- some of them even being r5's and r6's- it munched them ALL-- AND told me I STILL needed a MATCHING level and type of the same rune I was attempting to upgrade as a reagent, along with an expensive mark of power-) or saving a little bag space, which was a HUGE pitch point from the devs- and that's even arguable- or being able to unslot the enchantments for gold (which, on that point- the price was decent- ONE pleasant surprise from this whole fiasco) other than that point- NONE of it was worth the tradeoff. All it's done to us is trade this-expense for that-expense, or this pain-in-the-rear for some other pain-in-the-rear, and backfired by actually making it MORE difficult in many players' cases to be able to get the wards they need, and construct the high level enchants they want for their characters.

You can try to paint it whatever colors you want, or re-explain the 'benefits' however you want- it's still the same smoke-and-mirrors act. "Yeah, we know it bites, but -HEY! LOOK OVER THERE! Something SHINY-!...................."
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah- big thanks to the Devs for stickin it to us on these Coffers.

Actually, you really need to thank them. The original plan was to simply remove the coffers completely. The current 6 day coffer was to be the ONLY option.

The devs, however, after much complaining and pressure. Offered the coffers back, as a compromise. They didn't have to, It wasn't the plan, and it obviously didn't fit with their design goals. But the community spoke and they listened. Given the options, Ill happily take the watered down version we currently have over the nothing that we were going to get.

Its not perfect solution, but few compromises are.
  • zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Opened 150 boxes and 3 Coalescent wards and 12 Preservation wards. The rest ended up being peridots and aquas
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, I did hear that they were originally planning to remove them completely. I'm gonna at LEAST need a couple more weeks time watching the drop rate averages before I'd even begin to agree with you that their so-called 'compromise' really is to our benefit at all. So far doesn't look so hot. Those green refinement rocks we keep getting thus far aren't really a bag of chips. Not even a cookie, lol. Preservation wards drops look to be about on par with what we were seeing before. That's about it.
  • stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    last box I got. 1 refinement stone and a rank 3 or 4 rune. A slap in the face. I haven't seen a blue ward in well over a month. I have 5 characters praying, though one is new, my hunter.
    edited December 2013
    Zero's reply doesn't help the outlook :P
  • stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Opened 150 boxes and 3 Coalescent wards and 12 Preservation wards. The rest ended up being peridots and aquas

How did you do this? Some way to get the boxes besides praying?
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    5 toons and not one single ward or mark since MOD2 went live!
    Peridots? got 3 them, and they are reasonable handy for upgrading, the rest, Silvery Enchantment rank 4 and the like! Not even a Blue Enchantment!
    Seriously? Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation? Be honest, it's a joke from the devs at Cryptic, either change the icon for it to the meme Troll Face, or call it what it is the "Coffer all but useless AH/Vendor Trash"
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • luskantraderluskantrader Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    stabbath wrote: »
    How did you do this? Some way to get the boxes besides praying?

Pre-mod unbound coffers could still be sold on auction before M2 rollout I think .... only guess I got.
This discussion has been closed.