test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.10.20131120a.14

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited December 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
Hey everyone, instead of posting the really long patch notes here, we've posted it on the site. Head there to read the entire thing.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1055571

-Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Woooo , good luck with the patch , don't go wrecking anything xD *can't wait * eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  • Options
    shadowboxshadowbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yay, patch notes :)
    Stats.png
  • Options
    dusty345dusty345 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i cant wait for it. been such a long time.does the the hunter ranger get 2 paths as well?
  • Options
    dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
    edited December 2013
    dusty345 wrote: »
    i cant wait for it. been such a long time.does the the hunter ranger get 2 paths as well?

The hunter ranger class will only come with one paragon path.
  • Options
    dusty345dusty345 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »
    The hunter ranger class will only come with one paragon path.

aww shucks oh well i can wait for a another one at a later time =D.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    what about plague fire, does it stacks now?
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Time to grab a Coffee and put on my glasses!!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Was there a fix for the Ranger Daily Seismic shot leaving green visual fx all over and causing massive lag in yesterdays test server patch? it wasn't mentioned on yesterdays patch notes and still isn't on these ones , if that goes live then I know I'm rushing to level before too many other Rangers arrive D:
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Was there a fix for the Ranger Daily Seismic shot leaving green visual fx all over and causing massive lag in yesterdays test server patch? it wasn't mentioned on yesterdays patch notes and still isn't on these ones , if that goes live then I know I'm rushing to level before too many other Rangers arrive D:

Well, these patch notes wouldn't list it if they fixed it since it will only list changes from that last build on live and not from the last preview server build.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Well, these patch notes wouldn't list it if they fixed it since it will only list changes from that last build on live and not from the last preview server build.

So it's probably still broken or not? I haven't logged onto the test shard for a week or more so I am only going by what others were posting on the test forums but if it isn't fixed its not going to be a very nice experience , at least for the first few maps until the crowd of new Rangers starts to thin out .
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    So it's probably still broken or not? I haven't logged onto the test shard for a week or more so I am only going by what others were posting on the test forums but if it isn't fixed its not going to be a very nice experience , at least for the first few maps until the crowd of new Rangers starts to thin out .

If the last patch on the preview server didn't fix it, then it will likely still be a problem when it hits the live server.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ioun Stones now modify player maximum hit points like they do their other stats. This includes HP-enhancing slotted items.

Wait... what? This was intended behavior?

How can that be when I last tested the other augment companion, i.e. Cat, it provides no buff to hit points! Is this still the case and also intended, please?

===

The Trade House no longer takes an increased cut when starting an Auction in the field.
    - awesome!

There is now better indication of what happened when attempting to send mail to a player with a full inbox.
    - hopefully, that includes yourself/alts?
    - does it include both types of limits, i.e. attachment limit and total mail count limit?
  • Options
    donmancinidonmancini Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2013
    So i read in patch notes that you put again the AD cost to refine enchants now!! after 2 foroums of feedback and a lot of ppl complaining and you said that no more AD cost, there it is again in the last momment, or is it a type mistake???
  • Options
    silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    donmancini wrote: »
    So i read in patch notes that you put again the AD cost to refine enchants now!! after 2 foroums of feedback and a lot of ppl complaining and you said that no more AD cost, there it is again in the last momment, or is it a type mistake???

I sure hope it's a mistake, or they're talking about the cost of buying the catalyst stones from the diamond vendor, or there will be no more refining for me
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Is this sentence in the "Enchantment and Runestone Item Refinement paragraph left-over from prior to the change on Preview?
    Upgrading has an Astral Diamond cost associated with it now, which is based on the Rank of the Enchant/Runestone.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I;ve already download the prepatch... why am i downloading the same thing again? Does the client need special things checked to take the data from prepatch?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ortzhy wrote: »
    I;ve already download the prepatch... why am i downloading the same thing again? Does the client need special things checked to take the data from prepatch?

Rofl , same here , I prepatched thinking I was ready , just saw your post so I logged on and now I have a huge download again.
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Prepatch is NW.10.20131120a.5, you still need to update to NW.10.20131120a.14
  • Options
    eisrabe1902eisrabe1902 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited December 2013
    ..and the people that already bought the 4th and 5th active companion slots ? ? ?

Does PWE really want to hoax their paying customers by luring with a sale on them when they are already decided to become obliterate?
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

You are lucky. I am getting "Unable to authentice:" errors and nothing happens at all in terms of download.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . Additionally, you downloaded the patch, now it is applying it which often leads players to assume it is downloading again when it is just actually reallocating resources and applying the previous downloads. As well, just because it was a pre-patch doesn't mean some last minute things weren't going to be added in, for an additional patch. The pre-patch just makes it quicker for those who did it.

Unable to Authenticate: Yes, this is happening, it's being escalated to be looked into. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    Prepatch is NW.10.20131120a.5, you still need to update to NW.10.20131120a.14

sry i;m really confused... patch is pretty much the same size, the one i;ve downloaded two days ago with this one. It was announced as it was needed for today?!:confused:

@zeb .. i have a download management program since i have a traffic limit... it is downloading..
  • Options
    edited December 2013

The patch size is the total amount of the files that need to be added/changed. For the stuff you already downloaded from the pre-patch it will just install directly from that and won't need to download anything.

Also as mentioned, the pre-patch build is older than the build we are installing now so there will be some stuff you will have to download.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Coffer rewards are now account bound so no more coal wards on AH, but are Coffers still unbound?
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    Coffer rewards are now account bound so no more coal wards on AH, but are Coffers still unbound?

i believe coffers are also bound to account. not 100% on that though.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    xelliz wrote: »

They will be bound to account as well.

The changes will only apply to new coffers and not to existing coffers.
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sry i;m really confused... patch is pretty much the same size, the one i;ve downloaded two days ago with this one. It was announced as it was needed for today?!:confused:

You will have download a lot less today thanks to the prepatching.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    @zeb .. i have a download management program since i have a traffic limit... it is downloading..
    . . . . . As I said, of course you're going to be downloading something, like any new changes since they distributed the pre-patch. If you've pre-patched correctly, today's actual download should be significantly less than those who did not pre-patch.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    thank you for info!
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    donmancini wrote: »

i'm almost positive this is a mistake as this was the original version of the refinement system when it first hit the preview shard at the end of october. the AD cost was removed afterwards and it's been removed on all of the recent patches on the preview shard. i seriously doubt they'd just throw that in there on launch day.
This discussion has been closed.